PDA

View Full Version : Dream Coding Grand Prix 2005 Proposal

wraggster
April 17th, 2005, 21:46
Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 was a great start to our annual Dreamcast coding Competition but this year i want the comp to be much bigger with say a 4 MONTH limit on the comp and the competition will have no limitations which means Fenix Games, Beats of Rage Mods, Doom, Quake Mods, Emulators, Homebrew, Tools , apps.

Anything and i mean anything as long as its legal :P

Im proposing prizes to be

Winner - Nintendo DS

Second Place- NeoGeo Pocket Colour & 6 Games

3rd Place - GameKing with 13 games

This competiion is not designed to harm DreamOn but coexist nicely with it. Ill Finalize everything soon, if any one wants to donate prizes (im looking at companys not individuals) then that would be excellent, im looking at starting on May 1st 2005.

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.

omer
April 17th, 2005, 22:23
Great news ! I'm going to try to produce anything for this competition ;) .

obelisk
April 17th, 2005, 23:08
i would like to compose some music, at least 1 track, perhaps an album, I'd like to contribute that, i know nothing of coding, but im not afraid to try, and i know that some fun tools, emus, comp discs and programs could use some nifty tunes. Possible?

RockinB
April 18th, 2005, 09:03
Really cool!

Maybe I'll participate with a little game...

quzar
April 18th, 2005, 09:40
may 1st is really early. and 4 months isnt very long. given the...less than great turnout of the first one, maybe you should let this one run from whenever it starts till the end of 05.

Imerion
April 18th, 2005, 16:27
Yes! Fenix is ok! Then I will contribute with a game as well.

SiZiOUS
April 19th, 2005, 13:06
Yeah that's a very good idea :)

And the first price is really cool :D

Maybe i'll preparate something for it... :)

MetaFox
April 19th, 2005, 14:10
I don't know - lumping all of those groups together is a recipe for disaster, IMO.

How can you judge quality between an emulator and a game? A BOR Mod and an application? A mod for an FPS game or a tool?

SiZiOUS
April 20th, 2005, 19:47
Winner - Nintendo DS

Second Place- NeoGeo Pocket Colour & 6 Games

3rd Place - GameKing with 13 games
GP32 can be a nice prize too.

How can you judge quality between an emulator and a game? A BOR Mod and an application? A mod for an FPS game or a tool?
Really good question, but i can't answer :/
A BOR Mod doesn't require as much as an emu (i think).