PDA

View Full Version : New Screens - Wii Mortal Kombat

wraggster
February 16th, 2007, 20:55
via 1pstart (http://www.1pstart.com/new-screens-wii-mortal-kombat/?picture_id=22)

Midway has released a couple of screen shots from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the Wii. The purpose of these screen shots are to educate you, the buyer, into seeing how this next chapter of the Mortal Kombat series will take advantage of the Wii remote.

Here’s what Midway has to say about Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the Wii:

Scheduled to ship in April 2007 with the most complete roster ever, including more than 60 fighters from the entire Mortal Kombat® universe (past, present and future), a revolutionary Kreate-A-Fighter mode and Kreate-A-Fatality mode, plus a brand new Konquest mode and Endurance Mode, Mortal Kombat®: Armageddon™ promises to be the most complete, intensely lethal, fighting experience ever!

….seriously, does anyone have any idea why game companies are doing this? I have been staring at these screen shots for the past 15 minutes, and I’m sure a move or fatality will not be as easy as waving my Wii remote to the right, then left in a zig zag fashion. When will the developers learn that when it comes to the Wii, the best way to show off what’s going on is through video of some dope playing the game…not pictures!

Screens Via Comments

Shrygue
February 16th, 2007, 20:57
Wow, those Mortal Combat screenshots for the Wii look well good.

mastersho
February 16th, 2007, 22:09
Yesa my friend they look very nice, very nice indeed.

zorbas
February 17th, 2007, 00:59
omg... with the wiimote already being soo unresponsive to my use, i can only imagine what a crapshot this will be to get the hang of.

ICE
February 17th, 2007, 01:06
ive NEVER had any issues with my wiimote being unresponsive. i even own red steel and ive never had any issues that weren't caused by me. anywho that actually looks pretty sweet and i dont even like mortal combat...

shadowprophet
February 17th, 2007, 02:47
omg... with the wiimote already being soo unresponsive to my use, i can only imagine what a crapshot this will be to get the hang of.

Yeah I have to agree with the ice man. "unresponsive" lol, get a decent set of batteries, set the sensor bar at a reasonable spot and try again. If you are still having problems with the wii-mote. Either your wii is malfunctioning. Or your one of those paid Microsoft/sony seeds that get paid to come into the competition threads and flame the competition. So which is it?

I'll be keeping a close eye on you. SP

danmiracle
February 17th, 2007, 09:21
ive NEVER had any issues with my wiimote being unresponsive.
Me neither!

I'm looking forward to playing Mortal Kombat on the Wii (regardless of whether the new controls will take a while to get used to or not)

Now I can just hope that Capcom bring a new Street Fighter game to the Wii (and DS as well(
*wishes*

lipnox88
February 17th, 2007, 15:04
yeah i'll have to rent this one. games that just use the wii mote make me happy because they're easier to play but i do agree that they're gunna have to work hard so that mortal kombat doesnt have things like wii boxing has where u need to repeat the same movement 3 or 4 times before he actually does it.

blackbrother
February 19th, 2007, 01:57
This video has been out for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucg0sqwmqc

nicholasprag@hotmail
February 19th, 2007, 23:26
just watched that video and doing one of thoses fatalities looks fun :)

ICE
February 19th, 2007, 23:57
this game immediately has a lot of promise. sure wii sports boxing wasnt the best example of what the wii can do in the fighting genre.... but it does show it can be done.... well kinda anyways.... i really dont think nintendo tried on wiisports... it looks like they just threw it together relying on the fact that the wii's motion sensing would make it fun regardless of any bugs in the game. the boxing has issues with attempting multiple punches in quick succession true, but i really dont see this being an issue of hardware. i think it was an issue of nintendo saying "why should we fix it?" i expect great things from the fighting genre on the wii and so should you all.