PDA

View Full Version : NDSMail v0.54d

wraggster
February 16th, 2007, 21:45
Bronto (http://blog.bronto-online.de/) has posted a new release of his excellent Mail Application for the Nintendo DS:

Sorry for making you wait so long, but here it is, NDSMail 0.54d! I've been (and still am) pretty busy, and NDS development is very time-consuming...

The major issue (SSL) is still not fixed, but as the rest is quite stable I thought I'd give you something to play with. It is compiled with the latest Devkit, dswifi and libfat (DLDI), so even owners of the new-wifi-chipset DSLites should be able to use it. It also contains all the changes from the large overhaul of last autumn. Be sure to check out the attachment feature by sending some (preferably small, see below) jpgs to your DS.

I've created tons of unit tests, everything works fine on the pc (the lib is portable), I've even had someone check it with BoundsChecker. The problem only exists when using it on the DS. I have to find a way to run a debugger on the DS.

Also, the JPG lib causes some trouble with larger images, and I can't get hold of the original author.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sigma83
February 17th, 2007, 00:20
This thing is a bit buggy. Using it on supercard DS one. When setting up an email account, when u click on a field to enter data, the screen does not refresh. It throws the keyboard overtop of it. Then when you're done on that field and go back to the other fields to setup, the keyboard is still stuck on the screen. After adding an account, it doesn't show up anywhere to give you the option to check that email. How are you suppose to go about that? Just click transmit?

It looks promising though once that ssl is fixed :).

ChuckMcB
February 17th, 2007, 01:13
> Just click transmit
Yup.

TeenDev
February 17th, 2007, 20:50
finally a new version

Sigma83
February 17th, 2007, 21:13
What emails are you guys using this for? You can't use it for gmail can u since SSL isn't done?

Xanikseo
February 17th, 2007, 22:30
Doesn't work on my new white European DS Lite bought in late January this year... Works on my DS Phat. On my DS Lite, it hangs on authenticating, but it can scan and detect various wireless networks, although it says they are at 0%, when they are actually 90% or 50%... Has anyone else with a new DS Lite got this to work, or have Nintendo updated there wireless chip set thing again?

Feeds don't work either...

scimbris
February 20th, 2007, 22:30
white screens on my supercard rumble
hardy any homebrew apps don't white screen, and i have the latest firmware....

a1cwright
February 23rd, 2007, 20:49
Doesn't work on my new white European DS Lite bought in late January this year... Works on my DS Phat. On my DS Lite, it hangs on authenticating, but it can scan and detect various wireless networks, although it says they are at 0%, when they are actually 90% or 50%... Has anyone else with a new DS Lite got this to work, or have Nintendo updated there wireless chip set thing again?

Feeds don't work either...
It works, if you just reset your clock to 0:00 and then restart it. AND.. I STill need to know what EMAIL to use for POP3 access that DOESNT require any SSL .. I have GMAIL and I cant WAIT to get my hands on a full on SSL version. I know a PRIOR version of the NDS MAIL allowed me to check the SSL box.. but when i touched anywhere else it'd freeze out. THe newer version doesnt freeze out, but it doesn't even let you check ssl.

saicrazyfire
March 29th, 2007, 00:44
i heard www.bluebottle.com works with ndsmail...but i cant be sure since this app doesnt work on my supercard lite rumble. it doesnt connect.....anybody have any suggestions