PDA

View Full Version : Card Sharks

wraggster
February 17th, 2007, 20:19
Robert Durbin (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=9&post_id=15039#forumpost15039) has released a new game for the DS called Card Sharks.

Heres the release info

Card sharks is very simple, basically you bet an amount of money that the next card is higher or lower than your previous card. The goal is to get as much money as possible. A perfect score would be 32,000 if you bet it all on each choice. This includes the $400 bonus. If you bet all your money and lose after the 1st line, you lose. Minimum bets are $50, on the final bet its half your money. Good Luck. I may add an internet high score table if there enough interest.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

voteforpedro36
February 17th, 2007, 20:24
There goes Robert Durbin with another game show game... hope this is one is as good as the others

TeenDev
February 17th, 2007, 23:15
this reminds me of game i devolped for my TI84+ which would be avalible on DCEmu if they added a TI Calc section (Hint Hint)

rdurbin
February 18th, 2007, 02:34
I forgot to add that you can change your cards by tapping the swap button while you are betting. you can than choose one of the 3 cards on the side. this is useful if your stuck with a middle card. you can do this once per line. you must change your card BEFORE you confirm your bet.

You can get the newest versions of all my games on my web site (http://rdurbin.110mb.com)

voteforpedro36
February 18th, 2007, 02:56
Hey in the actual game show there's two players... then the winner goes to some kinda final round. Is that coming, or am I stuck waiting?

rdurbin
February 18th, 2007, 04:35
This game is based on the bonus round of the actual game show. I could add the normal round but the prob is coming up with the actual questions. I just cant make up answers as on the show they are based on actual serveys. This is the same reason why i dont include a question round in Press Your Luck and i just give each person 5 spins. Also games like these get boring when you get repeat questions. What i would like to do is some kind of live update type thing download questions and answers from a server that i could setup that way people will not get repeat questions. Only prob is i would have to write new questions every day.

voteforpedro36
February 18th, 2007, 20:16
Yeah, I guess that would be hard. Hmmm... here's another idea. Well, nevermind it would repeat Q&A's too. I was thinking of a Match Game DS. That's like my all-time favorite game show.