PDA

View Full Version : Does custom firmware break Ratchet & Clank?

wraggster
February 17th, 2007, 20:35
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/17/does-custom-firmware-break-ratchet-and-clank/)

One of our readers, Brian, shot us an e-mail, telling us: "I am running 3.10 OE firmware and cannot get Ratchet and Clank to run on it." That's strange, isn't it? Dark_Alex's open edition firmwares are supposed to combine the functionality of Sony's official releases with additional homebrew capabilities.

However, it seems like Brian is not alone in experiencing glitches in R&C on a OE-enabled PSP. Lucian04, from the IGN Boards, noticed a plethora of problems that simply isn't making the game fun: "Well I tried lowering the clock speed to default and tried everything up to 333mhz. The game for some reason wont run on my PSP unless I'm at 333mhz. The disc spins for a minute and then just stops. As for trying to get online, the wifi light never comes on and it never asks me to choose my network connection or anything. It just freezes @ the Ad-hoc/infra select screen"

Some are suggesting to take out the Memory Stick before the game loads. Others are pointing out that the game may be glitchy, even on regular firmware editions. I've only played this game on a standard 3.11 PSP, and experienced no glitches while writing my review. How about the rest of you?

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 20:37
Im running Ratchet and Clank perfectly fine!

Users its all in the recovery menu, learn how to configure it.

Remember to have the UMD speed always clocked to 333mhz!!!!

Veskgar
February 17th, 2007, 22:28
Again, I must point out that infrastructure mode doesn't seem to work on 3.10 OE-A' but when running the game with DevHook 0.52 it has been reported to work. So it does seem like maybe an issue with 3.10 OE-A' custom firmware.

The game otherwise works perfect for me if I set the CPU speed on for playback of UMD's to 266 MHz. Even ad-hoc wifi seems to work.

But no infrastructure.... DAMN!