PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft continues to support DS, but not PSP

wraggster
February 17th, 2007, 20:36
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/17/microsoft-continues-to-support-ds-but-not-psp/)

1UP asked Shane Kim, Microsoft Corporate VP, about the possibility of Microsoft games appearing on handhelds. His answer? "We do it today. We don't publish those titles directly ourselves, we are creating intellectual property that have great appeal to customers of handheld devices. Whether you're talking about mobile or the DS -- you probably won't see it on the PSP, though."

Why the Nintendo love? Well, Microsoft wants to target the kids that seem to shy away from Xbox's older demographic. Get those kids hooked on their properties on the DS, and then hope to reel them over to the 360: "Nintendo's fine. Particularly when you talk about some of our titles from Rare. A Kameo or a Viva Pinata on a DS makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways from a franchise perspective."

However, wouldn't one of Microsoft's more mature properties, like Halo, fare better on a handheld that not only has better tech, but has an audience that would be interested in such a product? Unless Microsoft has handheld ambitions of their own ...

Veskgar
February 17th, 2007, 22:21
Unless Microsoft has handheld ambitions of their own ...

Exactly!!!

joshisposer
February 17th, 2007, 22:51
They are too.... big. I mean, every system they came out with, has been big. With Sony, they make a second system that is smaller so far, with every system. I mean, i think in like 2-3 years, they will make a smaller PS3 with the ability for a clip on hdd. They will make it have like a sleek holder and stuff

emuking
February 18th, 2007, 00:08
halo on the ds would be epic, unless microsoft is going to make their own handheld

lemoe
February 18th, 2007, 00:31
halo on the ds would be epic, unless microsoft is going to make their own handheld

Which would also be epic!

xg917
February 18th, 2007, 00:32
halo would suck on the DS... in my opinion. it would also be the only rated M title on the DS! lmao

Xbox....XHeld.. lol nahh.. iono, it would be similar to psp i think

mlcurly16
February 18th, 2007, 00:56
I'd personally love to see more Rare-made microsoft games on NDS :D

Nicko01
February 18th, 2007, 01:07
I always wanted windows portable for PSP.
That would be the best. much better than crappy emulation which is slow.

kiariki
February 18th, 2007, 02:37
halo would suck on the DS... in my opinion. it would also be the only rated M title on the DS! lmao

Xbox....XHeld.. lol nahh.. iono, it would be similar to psp i think

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. >_> Foo'.

And I'd love Halo on DS. :)

Deathnix
February 18th, 2007, 02:41
Halo would be much better on DS then PSP!
Ever heard of a little thing called a touch screen? lol.

Metalgear portable ops is good, only thing that klets it down is the fact there only 1 analog nub, if it was on DS, it would rock.

DPyro
February 18th, 2007, 03:53
Halo would be much better on DS then PSP!
Ever heard of a little thing called a touch screen? lol.

Metalgear portable ops is good, only thing that klets it down is the fact there only 1 analog nub, if it was on DS, it would rock.

DS doesn't use true 3D. Therefor, Halo on DS = suckage.

xg917
February 18th, 2007, 04:12
graphics my friend..

EDIT:::: WHAT HE SAID ^^^^^^^^^^^ LMAO tru dat man..

ICE
February 18th, 2007, 05:22
metroid prime was pretty good graphically i believe. i dont see why halo ds would suck at all. it will NEVER happen but i dont see any glaring flaws with the concept either. unless you count the fact that it wont happen as a glaring flaw......

lplover2k
February 18th, 2007, 05:57
lolz psp is anyway on the decline :( everyone seems to prefer ds.... mainly cuz of the touch screen(can't blame them)...

Welshboy
February 18th, 2007, 16:34
Halo on the DS would be utterly pants. The Covenant would look like they were made of 2 polygons(which they probably are). It would be like Doom II but with a halo TC. At least on the PSP is would look like halo on the xbox minus a bit of graphical detail. A touch screen? wow!!! i'd rather press a button to shoot and have a screen thats big enough to tell whats going on.

Deathnix
February 18th, 2007, 18:39
DS doesn't use true 3D. Therefor, Halo on DS = suckage.

Never played metriod?
PWNd

Vendeta
February 18th, 2007, 23:14
There is rumor that microsoft is making a handheld the Xboy lol they ripped off nitendo but i seen it in a magazine befor...