PDA

View Full Version : Custom firmware setting to run Ratchet and Clank: size matters!

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 20:43
Iv been seeing many user have difficulty running Ratchet and Clank size matters on Custom firmware. Im on 3.10OE-A' and im running it perfectly with no problems at all. It is confirmed to work as long as you have your configuration in the recovery menu of your custom firmware set up the correct way.

Here are the correct settings-

-configuration-
Game folder homebrew (currently: 3.XX Kernal)
Use NO-UMD (currently:disabled)
Fake region (currently:America)
Free UMD region(currently Enabled)

-Advanced-
-advanced configuration-
Plain modules in UMD/ISO (currently: Enabled)

-CPU Speed-
Speed in UMD/ISO (currently:333)

(apparently some user's use 266mhz, try that. I'm using 333mhz and its running perfectly.)

-Plugins-
All Disabled!

Side Note- These are the settings to run the UMD of ratchet and Clank. DCEmu is not interested in the settings to run the ISO or any other copywritten illegal ISO.

Thanks you

Infrastructure in Ratchet and Clank: size matters still does not work on Custom firmware. It is rumored however to be working on Devhook.

Give feedback via comment

Zukan
February 17th, 2007, 20:54
Don't run it at 333mhz or you'll get no music and voiceovers during gameplay. Put it at 266 which seems to be the optimal CPU speed.

Accordion
February 17th, 2007, 21:16
oops/snore/silly me

all that matters is that you set cpu at 266mhz
turn off any plugins which effect cpu speed
and turn off "no-umd mode"[<...duh]
oh and of course set to 3.xx kernal [see previous brackets]

all other settings are working.

fucht017
February 17th, 2007, 21:19
I bought GTA vice city Stories(NTSC)..But i could not get it to work with 3.10OE-A'...Anybody else got this problem.:(

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 21:34
very very wrong

How is it wrong when i have these settings and im playing ratchet and clank PERFECTLY?

Mc_Logical
February 17th, 2007, 21:35
hmmm! seems funny theres rules of iso`s not allowed in topics but this topic is settings to run the ratchet iso well it could be for the umd but clearly thats for the iso settings.

(theres no mention of iso`s though so smooth there lol)

oh! wait no Plain modules in UMD/ISO (currently: Enabled) im just bored.

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 21:43
hmmm! seems funny theres rules of iso`s not allowed in topics but this topic is settings to run the ratchet iso well it could be for the umd but clearly thats for the iso settings.

(theres no mention of iso`s though so smooth there lol)

Well im running the UMD and these are my settings and its running perfectly. If anyone has a problem with these settings then simply change the CPU speed to 266mhz which apparently is the clock speed that runs best.

Mc_Logical we are not advertising ISO use. Also i said "UMD" settings, which clearly state im not running a ISO. Keep all ISO comments to yourself :mad:

Accordion
February 17th, 2007, 21:46
How is it wrong when i have these settings and im playing ratchet and clank PERFECTLY?

you:
very very true.

me:
very very tired.

Mc_Logical
February 17th, 2007, 21:55
Well im running the UMD and these are my settings and its running perfectly. If anyone has a problem with these settings then simply change the CPU speed to 266mhz which apparently is the clock speed that runs best.

Mc_Logical we are not advertising ISO use. Also i said "UMD" settings, which clearly state im not running a ISO. Keep all ISO comments to yourself :mad:

ok cool, hey do u feel like dumping the umd? and upload it on a good upload site in one link download? lol jk :rolleyes: i can get it else where.

i know ppl dont like my charactor but hey bordom gets the better of me. (anxiously waiting for news or the release of the R9 n64 emulator)

Veskgar
February 17th, 2007, 22:17
Unfortunately no matter what settings you use, you cannot use infrastructure on just plain 3.10 OE-A'. Once infrastructure is selected, the screen dims and the game just hangs.

However, I've read that if you run the game through DevHook you can get infrastructure to work.

So whats the issue? Some sort of protection built into the game? Or an issue with 3.xx custom firmware?

Mc_Logical
February 17th, 2007, 22:37
Unfortunately no matter what settings you use, you cannot use infrastructure on just plain 3.10 OE-A'. Once infrastructure is selected, the screen dims and the game just hangs.

However, I've read that if you run the game through DevHook you can get infrastructure to work.

So whats the issue? Some sort of protection built into the game? Or an issue with 3.xx custom firmware?yep sony may patch the firmwares or the game was patched. The same as medal of honor heroes doesnt work online. Im currently staying at 3.03 OE C because the revision C seems to be the best like 2.71 SE C so ima wait for 3.1X etc updates.

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 22:43
yep sony may patch the firmwares or the game was patched. The same as medal of honor heroes doesnt work online. Im currently staying at 3.03 OE C because the revision C seems to be the best like 2.71 SE C so ima wait for 3.1X etc updates.

No its probably just a problem with-in the custom firmware no being able to handle infrastructure very well. It might be maybe that the Newer UMDs are using a different module of infrastructure.

Also it wouldn't be a patch from Sony because why would Sony only patch infrastructure? That wouldn't make sense, they would just patch the entire UMD. As for it not to run on custom firmware.

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 22:49
The next person to even mention "ISO" in this thread will be banned. no exceptions! :mad:

valar
February 17th, 2007, 22:50
lol,someone's been deleting my posts.StoneCut ,help!!

Mc_Logical
February 17th, 2007, 22:51
No its probably just a problem with-in the custom firmware no being able to handle infrastructure very well. It might be maybe that the Newer UMDs are using a different module of infrastructure.

Also it wouldn't be a patch from Sony because why would Sony only patch infrastructure? That wouldn't make sense, they would just patch the entire UMD. As for it not to run on custom firmware. Good point, but has any1 tried on 3.03 OE C? what does 3.10 OE A really have better than 3.03? nothing important so will the prob be solved in 3.1X OE C? who knows.

valar
February 17th, 2007, 22:55
what i said is that everyone downloaded at least one file from internet,isn't that true?lol,but wait...what file?hahaha

Mc_Logical
February 17th, 2007, 22:56
what i said is that everyone downloaded at least one file from internet,isn't that true?lol,but wait...what file?hahahadamn what have i started lol :rofl:

StoneCut
February 17th, 2007, 22:56
I didn't even mention the I-word. So why do my threads get deleted ?

Man, this place is almost as bad as ps2nfo ...

valar
February 17th, 2007, 22:57
StoneCut,you're not here to judge,remember

lol,it's granturismo all sorts of cars,you never know what's gonna hit ya

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 22:59
I didn't even mention the I-word. So why do my threads get deleted ?

Man, this place is almost as bad as ps2nfo ...

Its your post that got deleted.

Would anyone like to get back on topic because i would. I'm done giving out warnings, either post related to the topic or not at all. Don't follow this and see what happens!

-back on topic-

StoneCut
February 17th, 2007, 23:00
This is pathetic. I hope people follow me to other places. Lock this account :/

StoneCut
February 17th, 2007, 23:01
Oh, so what was bad about my posting explaining that half of your settings make no sense when using a REAL UMD ?

Ban me, I don't wanna be here anymore.

valar
February 17th, 2007, 23:03
don't bother stonecut,leave him alone.just don't read these posts anymore

the truth is out there,heh,take care mate

Mc_Logical
February 17th, 2007, 23:11
Oh, so what was bad about my posting explaining that half of your settings make no sense when using a REAL UMD ?

Ban me, I don't wanna be here anymore. sum1 needs to get laid :rofl: wait i need a gf too lol

StoneCut
February 17th, 2007, 23:13
ON TOPIC:

Ratchet and Clank really only works 100 per cent if you use DevHook with FW3.03. When launching the UMD from within 3.10 OE-A you will not have working infrastructure gameplay.

By using DevHook you can also leave your CPU speed set at 222 MHz and have working background music, too (there is no background music when running at 333 MHz in 3.10 OE-A).

If you still want to run the UMD on 3.10 OE-A without DevHook then you should use 266 MHz CPU speed instead (although default should work for most people). Again, at 333 MHz there is no background music.

Hope this helps some people.

gunntims0103
February 17th, 2007, 23:13
This topic is LOCKED

Certain users have to just keep going back to commenting on running isos.

Its a shame really :o

my first post is my settings on running the Ratchet and clank UMD. At least thats what i have it on and im running the UMD just fine.