PDA

View Full Version : Proof of built-in IR functionality???

IndianCheese
February 17th, 2007, 21:45
I came across a few interesting things while sifting through some RCO files. As I looked through the icons of the 1.50 topmenu_plugin.rco file, I first noticed a Music Settings icon (wrench in circle next to music notes icon), which we all well know does not exist:
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/235/musicsettingseq4.png

But what really caught my eye was this one...
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2198/remotecontrolyh7.png

Are you seeing what I am seeing? It looks like a PSP sending an IR signal to a TV. The two "transmission" line things seem to be coming right out of where the IR port is on the PSP. Not to mention, the MIG file is named "tex_cnf_remocon". Was the PSP really originally intended to control TVs?

I don't know about any of you, but I am using this as my LocationFree icon!

BTW, sorry if this is old news. No one told me!

jak66
February 17th, 2007, 22:38
I think ahman once said that the PSP has built in support for Sony TVs and stuff

IndianCheese
February 17th, 2007, 22:44
Well, yeah...there is a "irda.prx" file in the PSP, but this shows that they actually tried to implement it as a built-in function.

joshisposer
February 17th, 2007, 23:45
I think the ir is for when you share photos and stuff. Then again, that might be adhoc, idk, i haven't done it in a while

Nicko01
February 18th, 2007, 00:22
adhoc is much better than ir for sending pics and stuff.

F9zDark
February 18th, 2007, 02:16
But that icon is clearly a PSP and a TV. It may have been for wifi though.

Interesting, with the slew of new custom XMBs it could be made functional, taking over a new non-used icon's space (such as RSS; at least in my case).

vision
February 18th, 2007, 06:00
Maybe psp-ps3 connection?

xg917
February 18th, 2007, 06:32
sony keeps hiding shit that we want to kno.. this seems really interesting, i was always wondering wut sony wanted to use the IR for

steven_chi
February 21st, 2007, 02:24
wow u guys dont know u can cantroll all the tvs on irshell? well, u should try it

supafreake
February 21st, 2007, 05:05
wow u guys dont know u can cantroll all the tvs on irshell? well, u should try it

Its fun when someone is playing a PS2 Slim:rofl:

F9zDark
February 21st, 2007, 08:34

The OP meant officially, like from the XMB. The icons seem to indicate that the PSP may have had official functions to control other IR devices, at least by Sony.

With homebrew we can make use of IR all we want. But insofar we cannot do jack shit with IR from the XMB.

Prasoc
February 22nd, 2007, 12:12
good find. these icons look exactly like the original icobns (in terms of professionalism and style). I wonder what Sony is up to with these new icons

IndianCheese
March 1st, 2007, 21:05
They aren't new...I found them in an old 1.50 topmenu_plugin.rco...ever since, they have been removed.

phazi
March 3rd, 2007, 05:00
wow this is very interesting Is it possible to activate the icons?

Video_freak
March 3rd, 2007, 17:32
wow this is very interesting Is it possible to activate the icons?

Icons are icons and nothing else. Unless the application is built-in to 1.5, than no.