PDA

View Full Version : Generic Flasher V1

vision
February 18th, 2007, 05:51
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5757/gfqjgenthmv3.jpg

Well here is something intersting a flasher that flashes anything!! That's right just put the rco in a folder the destination in destination.txt and flash it.

ReadMe

-------------
- Team Duck -
-------------

* This is for just about any custom firmware version, including 3.03 OE-C, AND 3.10 OE-A. *
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU HAPPEN TO BRICK YOUR PSP. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONLY FLASH FILES IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

This is basically a generic flasher which can flash whatever files your heart desires. I've tried to make the process as simple and noob friendly as possible. Please bare with me while I try to explain how this works.
~
So basically you have the basic program, GenericFlasher & GenericFlasher%.

Inside of the folder GenericFlasher you can create as many folders as you want and configure each folder to flash a specific file. I've included most of the popular flashes such as waves, icons, wallpapers, and volume icons as examples.

Now inside each of these folders you MUST have a last.txt(can be empty), and a destination.txt(MUST include the path of where you want the file to be flashed).

And now you can just stick all the files in each of these folders and flash them to the corresponding destination as many times as you'd like.
~

V1 - 02/17/07
--
~ Shows all files located in their corresponding folders
~ Quick installation method
~ Various error checks to ensure a safe flash
~ Displays the last installed file

Thanks
- Slasher

http://slasher.team-duck.com

[email protected]

Please use carefully THIS MIGHT BRICK YOUR PSP

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xg917
February 18th, 2007, 05:59
so does it flash to any destination? or how exactly do you flash?

o nvm, i read it. lol

nice find yo, i mite try it out next time i need to flash somethin for a test

i think this is more useful for those that cannot view flash0 through usb tho

DarthPaul
February 18th, 2007, 09:54
This is cool. Flash anything ...? I'll flash a mp3... joke ^_^

darthclone
February 18th, 2007, 14:14
so it suppoorts icon flashing on 3.10 oe a2

xg917
February 18th, 2007, 14:50
i suppose, but we can already flash via usb, i think this is ment for those who cant do that

burrito
February 18th, 2007, 16:02
I don't think custom icons will work in 3.10 oe.
3.10 oe and 3.03 oe have different types of topmenu_plugin.rco.
I accidently flashed a 3.10 oe-a topmenu_plugin.rco to 3.03 oe-c before. It added an extra network icon. Psp crashed when I tried to go to the extra one. The game icon had a shadow from a network icon. The extra network icon has a Game icon shadow.
This was by doing it with flash0 usb.

vision
February 18th, 2007, 16:22
Yes you can flash it but it wont work....