PDA

View Full Version : BG Split/Merge v1.0 by xmOD

wraggster
February 18th, 2007, 09:59
New release from Xmod: (http://xmod.tjbp.net/)

hey,

a lot of people PM'ed me asking how to split or merge the 01-12.bmp file to create custom backgrounds.. while merging can be done with just 1-2 lines of batch code, the splitting requires some batch experience. Also some people wanted an easier approach to the whole precedure (like me!) and while its nothing great, it still can come in handy.. here it is..

BG Split/Merge v1.0 by xmOD

README!

This app lets you split/merge the 01-12.bmp file on your psp which holds the default backgrounds on your PSP. With this, you can fully customize your default backgrounds.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
To split the 01-12.bmp:

1. Run the exe file of the program.
2. Enter the absolute path to the place where your 01-12.bmp is located under the split 01-12.bmp section.
Example:
If 01-12.bmp is located in C:\new folder then in the text box, type:
C:\new folder\01-12.bmp
3. Hit the Split button to split the file.
4. Go to the same place where your 01-12.bmp is and you will find a folder called "Split 01-12.bmp" which contains the split individual files.
5. You can edit any or all of the 12 backgrounds.

To Merge the individual files into 01-12.bmp:

1. Enter the absolute path to the Split files folder in the "Split Files Folder" box under the merge 01-12.bmp section.
Example:
If the folder is located in C:\new folder then, type:
C:\new folder\split 01-12.bmp
2. Hit Merge button to merge all the files.
3. Now look in the same split files folder for the merged 01-12.bmp

-------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!
Although this software has been tested by me and is working perfectly on my PSP's but i still am NOT responsible for any partial/permanent bricks. Use this on YOUR risk ONLY! YOU are RESPONSIBLE if ANYTHING happens to your PSP!
-------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes:
1. Right now i have only tested this with 60x34 backgrounds only.
2. This app is limited by me to split 01-12.bmp of upto 500 kb of size only but you can merge files of any size together. This means you can split only 60x34 pixel backgrounds but can try merging 250x142 pixel(hi-res) backgrounds. Please share the results.

Enjoy! ;-)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Shrygue
February 18th, 2007, 15:19
This is good news to hear. I'll get this right now...

vision
February 18th, 2007, 16:31
Nice now you can preview some 01-12.bmps before you use them =]

DarthPaul
February 18th, 2007, 17:40
This is good news to hear. I'll get this right now...

LMAO!! Dude stop saying that...I mean..don't stop,it's funny,you always say the same,everytime I open a thread there's one comment from you saying the same: "Good news to hear,I'll get this right now" or "This is good to hear,I'll try this out right now.." or something like that...

And about the BG Spliter..Nice work! I've something in mind to do with this...An idea of backgrounds to put..Woo! Thanks for the release.

guardiansnowman
February 21st, 2007, 11:56
ive tried this and its GREAT! thanks a lot!