PDA

View Full Version : PSP: CPS2PSP / CPS1PSP / MVSPSP / NCDZPSP Update

b8a
February 18th, 2007, 12:40
In case you haven't been following the latest release thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52962), NJ (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) updated all of his emulators on 2/16 to fix various bugs in the 2/14 (and 2/15) releases, and asked that those previous releases be removed from any sites they're hosted at, and that users be urged to download the latest releases from his page (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/). (yes, he did specifically ask that users be directed to his page)

And Mac users of CPS2PSP and/or MVSPSP might be happy to hear that I've finished porting OS X versions of his new ROM converters for those emulators. You can get them at the MacX_romcnv release thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49659).

Give Feedback/ Compatability Reports Via Comments

Download from NJ site (http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp)

sheng
February 18th, 2007, 13:12
my god... gonna grab this... it's been a while since I updated my stuff

fucht017
February 18th, 2007, 16:36
How about CPS2PSP version 2[1]0,without adhoc..I hope i did'nt ask to much b8A...hihihi:thumbup:Mercs is still crashing with cps1psp.

psp_sfdm
February 18th, 2007, 16:55
Mercs is still crashing with cps1psp.

If you check NJ's homepage, he already has a fix for MERCS.

matt2k
February 18th, 2007, 17:07
Are all of these the bugfix 3 versions?

fucht017
February 18th, 2007, 17:07
Thanks a lot psp sfdm..Damn those small prints hee..

DarthPaul
February 18th, 2007, 17:44
Woohoo! Thanks once more NJ. I love this Emulator. I downloaded 2.0 but never tested the Ad-Hoc feature. I wish I could use this one before the next version is out...

Veskgar
February 18th, 2007, 21:54
Thanks for the update b8a, I guess I should have known that when NJ says its the end, its not truly the end. Not until things are perfect anyway.

Thank you NJ for continuing to perfect these extraordinary emulators.

To other users who have had issues with the last release, are they now all resolved?

psp_sfdm
February 18th, 2007, 21:58
I downloaded 2.0 but never tested the Ad-Hoc feature. I wish I could use this one before the next version is out...

You can right now. All you have to do is select a game and press the square button.

DarthPaul
February 19th, 2007, 00:05
You can right now. All you have to do is select a game and press the square button.

Uh...I know..it's just that I didn't have the chance. I don't have anyone to play with..well...I really do. Lots! ^_^ But they don't have the emulator..I'll pass the word and see..

b8a
February 19th, 2007, 10:17
How about CPS2PSP version 2[1]0,without adhoc..I hope i did'nt ask to much b8A...
Just because the post has my name on it, doesn't mean that I uploaded those files. Some mod was probably trying to be 'leet and uploaded that mere fraction of the files available directly from NJ's page... They also edited my post because NJ did specifically ask that people be directed to his page to download the newest versions. I've changed it back now though so hopefully there won't be any more confusion about this situation.

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 10:17
Mercs still doesnt work for me. :(

I downloaded the bug fix that was on NJ's site but that also failed to correct the bug of it crashing when loading. I've just checked his site and the 'Mercs' fix has been removed so I asume he's working on sorting that out for the next bug fix release?

When this super coder does eventualy leave the scene it will be such a loss because this guy is a true perfectionist.

b8a
February 19th, 2007, 10:42
Wow. Sure enough, he's updated the source to bugfix 4. Apparently the mercs problem has been fixed, but you'll have to compile it your self as he hasn't posted the binary:

All I've done is fixed the bug where mercs didn't work because of a checking error. Please forgive me, but this is just the source code and I haven't updated the binary, so please compile it on your own as nessecary.

Veskgar
February 19th, 2007, 10:48
uuhhhh! Darn. NJ wants you to download directly from his site which is fine with me but if he is only offering source code for newest updates, lots of people can't or don't know how to compile the source themselves.

Hopefully updated binaries will appear at some point.

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 11:04
uuhhhh! Darn. NJ wants you to download directly from his site which is fine with me but if he is only offering source code for newest updates, lots of people can't or don't know how to compile the source themselves.

Hopefully updated binaries will appear at some point.

Totaly agree with ya. I havent got a clue how to compile it so fingers crossed some kind soul will do the honours (mercs is a quality blaster too)

I was also hoping someone might also post a version up that lets you play the 'Hyper SF2 aniversary edition'? ...I've got an older version of CPS2 still on my memstick just for this game that works but unfortunetly its the non adhoc one. :(

jurkevicz
February 19th, 2007, 15:13
I got HSF2d and it creates a cache and all but it doesn't show on the menu. Do I need HSF2a also?

sedkiller
February 20th, 2007, 03:41
what's bootleg...? And is there a big differance between the ad-hoc and normal ? Because the ad-hoc I wont really use it... so should i take the normal ? what's the differance.. he could just have a version with ad-hoc included and have only one to choose wich could be less confusing.. anyway

tyranos
February 20th, 2007, 17:03
sedkiller : the two versions are skightly different in speed
the adhoc version is somehow a bit slower,
maybe becoz it has to sync the multiplayer connection
if he mixed them the eboot will be bigger and take more ram ,which the psp lacks ;D

SmashinGit
February 20th, 2007, 18:00
Has anyone compiled Cpsp1 bugfix 4 yet?

Buddy4point0
February 20th, 2007, 18:20
can someone plz compile it and post the binary

grit
February 21st, 2007, 02:34
NJ has released source and binaries of v.2.0.6 at his website! :)

He also released the source of the rom converters 2.0.6.
b8a, can you please do your magic on the Mac port? ;) Thanks!

sedkiller
February 21st, 2007, 02:37
what about bootleg ? never heard of it...

SmashinGit
February 21st, 2007, 03:41
Thanks grit, excellent news.

quzar
February 21st, 2007, 06:20
Just because the post has my name on it, doesn't mean that I uploaded those files. Some mod was probably trying to be 'leet and uploaded that mere fraction of the files available directly from NJ's page... They also edited my post because NJ did specifically ask that people be directed to his page to download the newest versions. I've changed it back now though so hopefully there won't be any more confusion about this situation.

that was wraggster. I will bring this up in staff. This is insulting to NJ.

b8a
February 21st, 2007, 10:45
grit: A mac build from me is probably going to have to wait 'till the weekend. There were (surprisingly) some pretty big changes to romcnv_mvs so I can't know how complicated it's going to be to get it working until I actually compile and test it. My guess is that it won't be hard, but one of the areas that required a byte-swap fix has been entirely removed, so I'm deffinitely going to have to test a few games before I can release it.

The good news, however, is that NJ has made compiling the converters much more Unix friendly. If anyone wants to give it a go before I get around to it, the converters will probably compile and run as-is. NJ even implemented the byte-swap fix nessecary for PowerPCs in romcnv_cps2, so I'm pretty much 100% positive that that one'll compile and run with no problems.

For anyone who's interested in what NJ had to say on his page:

*I got the version wrong (It's actually bugfix 5)

*I've run across some reports of not being able to create cache files, so I've rewritten romcnv_cps2.exe and romcnv_mvs.exe once more. Please refer to romcnv's readme for the details.

*There really aren't any fixes in the emulators themselves, but since MAME 0.112u2 is out now, those changes are reflected.
I've set MVSPSP so that bootlegs will run normally (only when compiled with the RELEASE flag removed) but I haven't checked to see if they work, so if they don't, please fix them on your own.
NCDZPSP hasn't changed, so I haven't updated it.

For the time being, I think all of the bigger problems are gone now, so I'll just leave it to others (to take care of). Bye.

quzar: That was Wraggster? I don't know if I'd make a big deal over the situation. The only thing that's disturbing is that he edited my post which was a translation of NJ's request that users be directed to his site. The way NJ attacks bugs and keeps his page tidy, you can tell that he wants people only downloading the most recent versions. He does seem to pay attention to some forum posts, so I'd guess that he wants to know that if anyone has found a bug, that they're deffinitely using the latest, hot-off-the-presses version from his site.

Personally, it just irks me to see messages from a coder being edited. It just smacks of censorship (!_!) And on top of that, Wraggster only provided _some_ of the files from NJ's page. I don't know if NJ cares at all, but I do know that a lot of coders specify that any sites that distribute their binaries also provide the source code as well. ...Wraggster should probably keep that in mind or else he might get some coder up in arms one of these days.

You should let Wraggster know that he doesn't have to pull tricks like that to try to get people to sign up for the site. I was regularly coming to DCEMU for months before I signed up, and when I did, it was to reply to a forum question that no one else was answering -- not to download a file. You can almost ALWAYS easily find downloads from other sites that don't try to force you to sign up.

jurkevicz
February 21st, 2007, 15:26
Do we have to re-cache everything again, or everyone that cached their roms with 2.0 ok? Yes, we do have to re-cache most of the roms.

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
February 21st, 2007, 17:22
Looks like it,It told me to re-cache my cps2 roms anyway

Vega
February 21st, 2007, 18:36
yeah I re-cached everything, just to make sure ;)

jurkevicz
February 22nd, 2007, 14:03
Great release by NJ, but after testing 2.0.6 with all my games I've found a few bugs that where not on 2.0. 3Count Bout, Art of Fighting 1, Sengoku 2, Viewpoint, and World Heroes 1 are all having graphical glitches, garbage on the screen and some BG missing. On Viewpoint the hole game BG is missing, and on Aero Fighers 3 it creates the cache file and everything but when I try to load the rom it says CRC32 ERROR and I am certain that I have the right rom. I hope NJ sees this, if no it's ok he is a great coder! I'll just go back to 2.0.:D

February 23rd, 2007, 16:26
i have psp v.3.02 why wont it work?

jak66
February 23rd, 2007, 16:29
because fw 3.02 doesnt suppprt homebrew, upgrade to 3.03, no higher, get a copy of GTA:LCS unpatched, then degrade to 1.50 with team noobz (http://www.noobz.eu) 3.03 downrader