PDA

View Full Version : 'Deadly Premonition can be more than cult hit'

wraggster
February 28th, 2013, 00:00
The developer of Deadly Premonition believes the title can reach more than just core gamers with the upcoming Director’s Cut for PS3.
The title was originally released on Xbox 360 in 2010 and became a cult hit despite wildly mixed reviews.
The game’s director Hidetaka Suehiro, better known as ‘Swery’, believes the game has yet to realise its true potential.
“Deadly Premonition has been a cult game for core fans but I believe it can be much more accessible for all kinds of gamers,” said Swery. “By making the Director’s Cut, new players will be able to discover this unique world much easier than before.”
Despite seeking a broader audience, he is reluctant to roll out more ports of the original for other formats.
“If I had the chance to bring Deadly Premonition to these other formats, I might work on it. But I’d like to start a new project," he added. “It might be Deadly Premonition 2 or a prequel or something."
Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut will be released for PS3 on April 26th in the UK.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/deadly-premonition-can-be-more-than-cult-hit/0111554