PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 and 3.10 OE mix for Undiluted Platinum users

Sharpy
February 18th, 2007, 14:31
Well something i did for myself because i will be a month outside with my chipped psp(and there are annoying things with it), but that i guess it will be welcomed by other up users.

3.03/3.10 OE mix for UP.

This is an OE update to let UP users have the vsh of 3.03 (which is more customizable) and the kernel of 3.10 to launch psp and psx games.

I have also done this thing to fix some annoying things for up users (pressing L at boot, and at recoveryng from sleep).

Instructions.

- On the PSP original nand, install 3.10 OE-A (or A', doesn't mattter because the patches of A' will be applied)
- On the UP nand, install 3.03 OE-C
- Copy 303_10 mix to GAME150, and run it from the UP nand.
- Done.

Now you will have the following benefits:

- 3.03 vsh, which you can customize.
- When you execute a psp or psx game, or a homebrew, OE will switch the nand to the psp one (containing 3.10 OE) automatically, so you will be able to play psx and psp games in the higher firmware, and since it will run on the psp nand, you won't have problems with psx games or with 333 Mhz.
- When you recover from sleep mode, OE will also be back to the nand you were, so you don't need to press L (in fact, you must not press it )
- You can access both flashes via usb in the recovery.

Author: Dark Alex

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zv0ar

This would be very handy for modchipped PSPs.

Nicko01
February 18th, 2007, 14:58
I just found this on dark alex's site. I have a question though. What happens if I fully brick the UP flash? Is programming mode still there or am I stuck with a plain PSP?
Dont say "you can't brick UP" because you can...

Shrygue
February 18th, 2007, 16:21
This sounds interesting to hear. Having a mix of 3.03 OE-C and 3.10 OE-A' in on PSP sounds great to have. I just wished I had a modchip to try this out though....

DarthPaul
February 18th, 2007, 21:49
Same here, it would be nice to have UP right now...

LilSwish722
February 18th, 2007, 22:22
Dark alex is insane with his coding. I don't think there is anything he can't do. I bet eventually, he can add more video codecs like MPG and AVI, just cuz he's the best lol. But this is nice, I wish I had UP.

Lodis
February 18th, 2007, 22:55
I have a UP Chip and this is great since previously we couldn't play any Psx games on the UP Nand.

The only way to get around this was to play the Psx games from the standard Psp Nand (reboot holding down L) but then you had to remember to hold down the L button when resuming from sleep mode otherwise it would have crashed.

With this 3.03/3.10 mix all of my Psx games work 100% and when you go into sleep mode and resume, you don't need to hold down L anymore.

M-Lin
February 19th, 2007, 00:43
I have a UP Chip and this is great since previously we couldn't play any Psx games on the UP Nand.

The only way to get around this was to play the Psx games from the standard Psp Nand (reboot holding down L) but then you had to remember to hold down the L button when resuming from sleep mode otherwise it would have crashed.

With this 3.03/3.10 mix all of my Psx games work 100% and when you go into sleep mode and resume, you don't need to hold down L anymore.

Lodis can you use the GTA cheatdvices still?

vision
February 19th, 2007, 02:18
Why is this only for UP? he should made it for others so we can customize topmenu

Gold Line
February 19th, 2007, 09:43
is this worth upgrading/installing im on 3.03 oe-c i dont understand this very well

M-Lin
February 19th, 2007, 15:10
is this worth upgrading/installing im on 3.03 oe-c i dont understand this very well

If you have an Undiluted Platinum modchip installed in your psp then yes, do upgrade to this - if not, do not

Gold Line
February 19th, 2007, 15:38
If you have an Undiluted Platinum modchip installed in your psp then yes, do upgrade to this - if not, do not

a who har what chip how do i know if i have one installed:confused:

M-Lin
February 19th, 2007, 16:27
you don't have one

Lodis
February 19th, 2007, 16:36
Lodis can you use the GTA cheatdvices still?

No idea, I haven't played GTA or used the Cheat Devices in a very very long time.