PDA

View Full Version : RetroArch GX - Gamecube - v0.9.8.3 - Multiple System Emulator for Gamecube

wraggster
February 28th, 2013, 14:23
bearteam has compiled/released a new version of RetroArch GX for the Gamecube which is a Multiple System Emulator for Gamecube:

Heres the release notes:

OK - I'm taking a risk here with this release - normally I can test out Gamecube builds on my 64MB SD card with a Wiikey SD Adapter, but I have lost it and my 512MB SD card is not picked up by SDLOAD.DOL (to add to the chore I also have to go through the Phantasy Star Online exploit everytime). So I have been unable to test this beforehand even though a lot of things got changed. I'm mostly assuming that since the Wii port works, the Gamecube port (being more or less the same code) will also.

So - please let me know if the Gamecube version boots at all (either by launching the cores directly from SWISS or SDLOAD or by trying to launch boot.dol) -

Quote:
I tried it and it was beyond my expection! Even CPS2 games could run at full speed! Though only one game (Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo) could run, others CPS2 games got code dump screen after ROM was loaded. I think they are just too big for Gamecube RAM. I alse tried Nestopia core and it ran super mario 3 perfectly.
FBA core is too big and swiss won't let you boot it. If you could seperate CPS1 drivers out and compile it then we could get a perfect CPS1 emu for Gamecube.
FBA Neo Geo core also works as good as CPS2 core. More small sized games work, but if you want to change one game from another, you have to reset Gamecube, or you will only get black screen after another ROM is loaded. Maybe this bug is related to unclean RAM.
Boot.dol doesn't work and after loaded it with Swiss, only black screen shows.
After all, it shows brilliant prospects to Gamecube fans.

Download Attached Via Comments

via http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1207