PDA

View Full Version : Current Status of StrmnNrmn's Daedalus R9

xg917
February 18th, 2007, 23:11
Just things left that ST has been working on and that he has to work on. Glad he is back in action

Direct Quote from his Blog: http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

R9 Status Update

It's been a couple of days since my last post, so I wanted to give a quick update on what's left on my R9 TODO list.

- I've been working over the weekend at fixing a number of outstanding graphical glitches, putting in place a system to automatically translate n64 blend modes to the psp. This should hopefully nearly eradicate nearly all of the purple and black textures that have shown up all over the place in previous releases. This is quite an interesting feature from a technical point of view, so I'll talk about this in a bit more depth once R9 is out.

- I have a few glitches in the new UI to fix (e.g. audio can't be disabled once the rom has started, controller can't be remapped once the rom has started).

- I need to hook up a few things to the new UI (e.g. 'reset to main menu', 'take screenshot' etc)

As you can see, it's quite a short list now, so I'm still on track for releasing R9 by next weekend :)

What Nintendo 64 Games Would you most like to see running at a playable rate on the PSP ?

weirdelf
February 18th, 2007, 23:21
Can't wait :P

DarthPaul
February 19th, 2007, 00:11
GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! STOP SAYING THE PROGRESS AND RELEASE IT!! WHY CAN'T ANYONE BE LIKE DARK_ALEX!? WHY WHY WHY!? HE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING AND IT'S RELEASE IN LESS THAN 48HRS.! AAHHHH!! ...lol I can wait.

Emeriastone
February 19th, 2007, 00:12
Loz-oot.

Vega
February 19th, 2007, 00:16
he is giving a status update . . . . so what? im glad to hear what is getting worked on.

have patience ;)

BrooksyX
February 19th, 2007, 00:18
Good to hear, only a few more days.

xcjzerox
February 19th, 2007, 00:35
What Nintendo 64 Games Would you most like to see running at a playable rate on the PSP ?[/QUOTE]

Me want
Goemon great adventure
and Mystical Ninja

Vega
February 19th, 2007, 00:39
id quite like to see wcw/nwo revenge and mario kart at full speed. lets hope.

starogre
February 19th, 2007, 00:41
What Nintendo 64 Games Would you most like to see running at a playable rate on the PSP ?

Easy. DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Brothers.

joshisposer
February 19th, 2007, 00:54
Spider-man, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Kirby, Mario Tennis, F-Zero, Mario Party and Star Wars Episode 1 racer. There's definitely more, but that's the main ones i would like to play.

Nasty Nate
February 19th, 2007, 00:54
LOZ-OOT, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing

Kyros
February 19th, 2007, 00:55
Perfect Dark, Starcraft 64, Super Smash Bros. and of course both Legends of Zelda.

starogre
February 19th, 2007, 01:03
Perfect Dark, Starcraft 64, Super Smash Bros. and of course both Legends of Zelda.

the only way starcraft 64 would be close to playable is if it was run on the DS and u could use the touch screen in place of the mouse on PC. i can't imagine ever using an analog stick in place of a mouse.

sroon
February 19th, 2007, 01:13
Great update:)
cant wait to play it n work on Wallys compat list:)
( O ) ( O )

LilSwish722
February 19th, 2007, 01:36
Glad to here he is still updating and the release will be soon. I hope its as good as it's being hyped.

psiko_scweek
February 19th, 2007, 01:44
Perfect Dark and Super Smash Bros........two of my all time favorite games of all time.

Balthasar00
February 19th, 2007, 01:51
Quest 64,
Zelda,
Mystical Ninja Goemon .. ^^

joshisposer
February 19th, 2007, 01:59
Is it me, or is N64 the last great Nintendo console that had original games? I mean, Nintendo's wii and game cube both aren't that great. Numbers don't count, I'm talking about the system and games. I still find the "limited edition" platinum/silver game cube in like target and stuff. All Nintendo has done now is remakes. N64 was pretty much Nintendo's last great system unless something actually *normal* comes out for the Wii that isn't innovative.

salomon st
February 19th, 2007, 02:04
both zeldas but if i had my choice id say oot if that game runs at at least 15fps im happy

pkmaximum
February 19th, 2007, 02:10
I agree I personally think N64 was the greatest consul that I have ever owned, other than my gba =]

But honestly there just making stupid ports now of many games, wich pisses me off, and SONY is trying to make PSP games, that are based off of ps2 ones, but slightly worse. I really wish another great consul like N64 comes out, it was just a fun video game system to play, and honestly I still enjoy that much more than my Wii, PS2, and Game cube. In fact I enjoy my SNES a hell of a lot too. Nintendo did good up till game cube came out (though super smash bros. melee was my favorite game that was ever made =D )

I really wish Strmmmmn the best of luck I really look forward to have N64 on my PSP at good fps w/sound.

Oh and games I would like to see:

Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Zelda Majora's Mask
Golden Eye
Mario Kart 64
Perfect Dark
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Party 1
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3 (I like Mario party) =P
Super Smash Bros.
Quest 64
Rampage 64
Rampage Universal Tour
Paper Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-3
Turok 1-3
Snow Board Kidz
Kirby Crystal Shards
Glover 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Snow Board Kidz 2
Star Wars Shadow of The Empire
Yoshi Story
Conquers Bad Fur day

Ya I think that pretty much covers the list of games I would love to play on my PSP. Yes I know some of those games will definently not happen.

Shadowblind
February 19th, 2007, 02:12
GBA, N64, Atari, and Xbox were the greatest console I can think of .

baracki96
February 19th, 2007, 02:31
Fantastic work, nice to see a coder see his work to the end. I would say that first party n64 games are what most people will want at full speed, except of course for Goldeneye.

starogre
February 19th, 2007, 02:50
i dont...like...understand how some games work and some don't if they were all programmed for the same system with the same code or w/e. the only thing i can see is differences in sound quality and graphics quality, so how could some games not even load at all even if the games were coded in the same programming language...

ya my list changes to the guys' on the last page. (the really long one haha)

emuking
February 19th, 2007, 03:06

no how can you leave out the dreamcast,ps2, or ds those rock harder than xbox :thumbup:

gr42178
February 19th, 2007, 03:14
Cant wait for the release, this should be a good one.

Veskgar
February 19th, 2007, 03:15
This emulator is really coming along and it is sort of a hybrid port right? Daedalus is also for the PC. How much of the PSP version is ported and how much rewritten from scratch?

Basically, does anyone know and I mean truly know if the PSP is capable of ever running Nintendo 64 games perfectly with sound? Or at least near perfect?

I ask this because many people said that full speed GBA emulation would never be possible due to the hardware differences between PSP & GBA. But then Exophase proved everyone wrong with gpSP.

But gpSP is 100% written from scratch as far as I know. How much of Daedalus for PSP is written from scratch and how much is ported? Anyone have any idea? Or how about this question. Are there more hardware differences creating obstacles between GBA & PSP or N64 & PSP? I'm going to assume N64 hardware is much harder to emulate than GBA hardware but I'm not an expert.

I'm just trying to assess realistic expectations. I mean I would like nothing more than to play Mario 64, Zelda - Ocarina of Time, and some others on my PSP. But is that likely to ever be possible with perfect speed and sound?

Anyway, let me know what you think. And good job StrmnNrmn! Thanks for the update.

darkest_god
February 19th, 2007, 03:50
yeah i know you get this alot but if you guys know any good places for N64 Roms? cuz i had to system restore recently i cant really say why just add me on msn messenger [email protected]

Mc_Logical
February 19th, 2007, 03:59
by next weekend? nooooooooooooooooo! lol oh! well hope its worth the wait, cant wait to try this.

id like to see GOLDENEYE 007!!!!!!!! rom working

darkest_god i pm u a couple of rom sites dude

IamAbe
February 19th, 2007, 04:16
GREAT WORK!!! cant wait for the release!!!!!

in order of how much i want them:
MARIO KART
super smash bros
mario party
goldeneye
zelda: oot(only down here cuz i beat it already so i probably wont really play much more)
zelda: mm

i know im missing something really important but i cant think of it now...

Basically, does anyone know and I mean truly know if the PSP is capable of ever running Nintendo 64 games perfectly with sound? Or at least near perfect?

yes, definitely. it just takes alot of work and tweaking but its 100% possible. (no, im not some du***ss who doesnt know what hes talking about).

Shadowblind
February 19th, 2007, 04:19
no how can you leave out the dreamcast,ps2, or ds those rock harder than xbox :thumbup:

I can accept Dreamcast and DS, and while PS2 is awesome too, it was no groundbreaker...

mavsman4457
February 19th, 2007, 05:06
I just want N64 for the multiplayer.

mcvader
February 19th, 2007, 05:15
I want goldeneye, Killer Instinct Gold and StarWars Rogue Squadron!!!

I believe a N64 emulator could be totally full speed with sound if done completely in HLE, only a few games would work but they would be fast! Maybe someone should port UltraHLE?

I agree the N64 is the best system I've ever owned, no console has ever impressed me so much. My second choice would have to be the Dreamcast, even tho I've only had one for 6 months I've had more fun with it than I ever have on PS2 + XBox + Gamecube combined.

superbatxs
February 19th, 2007, 05:54
yea, but no one realizes that this won't be full speed. once it is full speed, then its worth playing (no offense). the reason i am happy is because of the update. it will take a while for it to be full speed, but i might not download this version because its not full speed. don't worry, i have patience.

dark heart
February 19th, 2007, 07:10
oh no! now i have to wait to the week end!:eek:

INDO_1
February 19th, 2007, 08:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KILLER INSTINCT GOLD!

INDO_1
February 19th, 2007, 08:02

KILLER INSTINCT GOLD!

dark heart
February 19th, 2007, 08:16
mario!

mario!

oh wait, rhetorical question, ummm... bad fur day!!!! or.... zelda! or, smash brothers
all fantastic games!

Mc_Logical
February 19th, 2007, 08:27
goldeneye 007!!!!!!!! i wanna try cos its deff a game u can come back to again n again and playing it on a portable will be cool so u mario and zelda fans go back to school and stop acting like a kid fool ive had to comment in this forum i hope these rythmes echo in a dome and get back to the developer StrmnNrmn so he can make goldeneye 007 playable on the psp because u know u want this rom compatable lol

yea, but no one realizes that this won't be full speed. once it is full speed, then its worth playing (no offense). the reason i am happy is because of the update. it will take a while for it to be full speed, but i might not download this version because its not full speed. don't worry, i have patience. sounds a lil negative dude! u havent even tried this yet and complained allready lol the best running rom on R8 i tried was mario64 not really a fan of it but i heard it was the best rom with a lil speed and it wasnt full speed but not far off so its gotta be better on R9 so i have a positive attitude to this release of R9

Sterist
February 19th, 2007, 08:41
i still cant believe how unheard-of frame skip is atm. it would b like 95-100% speed

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 08:50
I cant wait for this release, I've been checking his site loads over the weekend hoping that it was going to be released. lol Mario64 and Mariokart are my top titles to be playable on this release, but there are soooo many to choose from.

I hope your not refering to the Atari ST? ...if so, surely the Amiga kicked its ass back then? :thumbup: ...And I wouldnt say the xbox was groundbreaking either (although it is was great for modding). For me the Snes was pretty amazing when it came out, Street Fighter2 pretty much arcade perfect, plus the original (and best)MarioKart - nuff said!:D

dark heart
February 19th, 2007, 08:59
hey, i'll have you know that zelda is the best, it's top n64 game in most sights, and i mean most sights. i may even say that bad fur day is better than zelda- in my opinion.

Gold Line
February 19th, 2007, 09:34
hey, i'll have you know that zelda is the best, it's top n64 game in most sights, and i mean most sights. i may even say that bad fur day is better than zelda- in my opinion.

bad fur day better than zelda no way
if zelda is full speed this would be the best emu of all time:thumbup:

Veskgar
February 19th, 2007, 09:40
Yeah I don't care what anyone says. If a day comes when Ocarina of Time can be played at full speed with perfect sound on the PSP, it will be one of those achievements that sends ripples throughout the whole scene and probably beyond.

Gold Line
February 19th, 2007, 10:05
Yeah I don't care what anyone says. If a day comes when Ocarina of Time can be played at full speed with perfect sound on the PSP, it will be one of those achievements that sends ripples throughout the whole scene and probably beyond.

dam right

classicgmr
February 19th, 2007, 11:30

I'd love to have some kind of portable Starcraft so Starcraft64 would be awesome! :thumbup:

mcvader
February 19th, 2007, 11:39
I cant wait for this release, I've been checking his site loads over the weekend hoping that it was going to be released. lol Mario64 and Mariokart are my top titles to be playable on this release, but there are soooo many to choose from.

I hope your not refering to the Atari ST? ...if so, surely the Amiga kicked its ass back then? :thumbup: ...And I wouldnt say the xbox was groundbreaking either (although it is was great for modding). For me the Snes was pretty amazing when it came out, Street Fighter2 pretty much arcade perfect, plus the original (and best)MarioKart - nuff said!:D

How can you say that about the Atari ST???
It was the first system I ever owned and I still have one to this day!! If you're talking about the Amiga 500 (which I also still have) then you obviously don't know that Atari built the damn thing and sold it to commodore, now it would make no sense to make a better system for their rival than they had themselves, Atari 1 - Amiga 0, nuff said! ;)

Baboon
February 19th, 2007, 12:16
How can you say that about the Atari ST???
It was the first system I ever owned and I still have one to this day!! If you're talking about the Amiga 500 (which I also still have) then you obviously don't know that Atari built the damn thing and sold it to commodore, now it would make no sense to make a better system for their rival than they had themselves, Atari 1 - Amiga 0, nuff said! ;)

I don’t know what you’ve been smoking but the Amiga really kicked ST butt. :rofl:

The Amiga had custom processors which made it far superior for games, while the ST’s only real benefits were that it was cheaper and had better midi options.

This is an argument that’s been going on forever though, and to be honest this thread isn’t the place to continue it. ...anyway, each to their own. :)

Back on topic I would love to see Super Smash Bro’s working well on Daedalus! :thumbup:

mcvader
February 19th, 2007, 12:42
I don’t know what you’ve been smoking

Take a wild guess :D

This is an argument that’s been going on forever though, and to be honest this thread isn’t the place to continue it. ...anyway, each to their own. :)

It hasn't been going on for ever, it's only been 20yrs lol.

Back on topic I would love to see Super Smash Bro’s working well on Daedalus! :thumbup:

At least we can agree on something :), I would also like to see C&C running well as it is a unique port of the game.

camcorderdoctor
February 19th, 2007, 13:24
I'd like to be able to play zelda 1 and 2 if possible
also pokemon puzzle league, mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie would be great!

devdj
February 19th, 2007, 13:50
all wrestling, pokemon , resident evil 2 and james bond games hopefully oh and StrmnNrmn your actually alot slower then Dark Alex so hurry up ok.

animekid4
February 19th, 2007, 14:46
pokemon stadium.Super smash brothers.I relly want ssmb

Shadowblind
February 19th, 2007, 15:17
Ah, crap. I just dreamed it was released. How dissapointing.

jurkevicz
February 19th, 2007, 15:46
I want to play Mace The Dark Ages and Wave Race 64

pooky2805
February 19th, 2007, 16:18
What Nintendo 64 Games Would you most like to see running at a playable rate on the PSP ?[/QUOTE]

I would like to see my favourite n64 games running at playable speed such as :
no mercy
zelda
golden eye
mario 64
diddy kong racing
any of the above classics please:thumbup:
p.s Will any have sound?

idapimp
February 19th, 2007, 18:02
mariokart, smash bros. castlevania 64 (i know i'm weird) perfect dark and goldeneye.

Gabba Gandalf
February 19th, 2007, 18:09
MARIO MARIO MARIO MARIO MARIO ( party , kart, 64 ) :eek: ;)

metalspector
February 19th, 2007, 19:22
Finally I would play the psp when this comes out (haven't played it since november since I got nothing to do with it). Anyways isn't anybody excited about elmo's letter adventure? lol

anyways I wanna play earhbound 64 (if I find a rom translated in english like I did with the starc ocean snes rom which I found it translated in english when it was only a japan release), gauntlet legends, riiiiiiiiidge racer... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer!, star fox dinosaur planet (beta) which I don't know where to get that rom and would like someone to tell me cause google sin't helping much, very rare since it was a never released game till the gamcube came and there it was released, and the best of all games on the N64 which is obviously Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time!

Cloud_35
February 19th, 2007, 21:56

Neon Genesis Evangelion 64, Super Smash Bros., GoldenEye, Super Mario 64 (never beaten it :() all Zeldas.............

but most importantly......... CONKER's BAD FUR DAY!!!!

gdf
February 19th, 2007, 22:35
ye, conker, banjo 1+2, zelda OOT.

Solidsnake3000
February 19th, 2007, 22:40
i want pokemon stadium one and 2 to be ruuning at full speed so i can battle i wonder if there is gonna be cheats like cw cheat for this game or not and will there be wireless play for the game i want to battle my freindshttp://www.sivph.com/games/stadiumbox.jpg

Solidsnake3000
February 19th, 2007, 22:42
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000058BCU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

jovanni
February 20th, 2007, 15:04
Turok 1 and 2 (which are the best in the series),Zelda OOT,Kirby,Mario 64,Mario Kart,Star Wars Ep1 Racer,Golden Eye,and my fave Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2

Dertnutz
February 20th, 2007, 23:17
holy crap thanks so much StrmnNrmn for doing this on your own time :) Everybody bashing him for taking so long cool down for a second, okay? He's doing this on his own time, FOR FREE.. Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., LOZ Ocarina of Time, and Conker ... all would be nice games

r-complex
March 4th, 2007, 08:26
Mario 64 and Forsaken run great with this release! If you disable the audio to off. Very Good Work StrmnNrmn!! I'm looking forward to playing DooM 64, Duke 64, Turok, GoldenEye.. I don't think Conker will ever work.. it's a 64MB Cart! :-) But.. Zelda runs and it's 32MB.. soo...??