PDA

View Full Version : OpenGl on the Dreamcast

J_Villa1983
February 19th, 2007, 17:37
This might have been asked before.. I took a quick look through the forums by searching for the topic and I didnt see anything recent on this subject. I went back a couple of pages in the search and didnt see anything relivant, so I'm just going to ask it flat out.

is OpenGL supported and to what level? Is it supported via kallistios? Are there any diferences with the dreamcast implementation?

-JV

BB Hood
February 20th, 2007, 01:17
yea some of opengl is supported. I dont know to what level. Search the internet for KGL.

BlueCrab
February 20th, 2007, 02:47
KGL supports most of the basic 3D operations. Basically, the best way to see what it supports is by looking at the examples. I know there are at least a few NeHe examples in the examples tree that are worth looking at.

kohan69
February 20th, 2007, 04:04
Does it support opengl in DELPHI O.O ?

BlueCrab
February 20th, 2007, 04:12
No, you can't use delphi on the DC. There's no compiler for it, so obviously it won't work. You have C/C++/Assembly available to you through standard toolchains.

-x-
February 21st, 2007, 18:48
the libgl is a bit limited
and i don't get same result (computer to console)
that concern floating point

also with glFrustum no matter how deep is the depth field
it doesn't seem to make any difference.

does someone know where to find a binary( libgl.a ) of the dcquake project?
thanx :)

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2007, 18:58
well dcquake is make with the offical sdk and was leaked. the best homebrew port of quake is Makaqu. Both Downloads include the source

http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,61,434

http://quakedev.dcemulation.com/fragger/

Christuserloeser
February 21st, 2007, 19:18
well dcquake is make with the offical sdk and was leaked.

DCQuake is Bero's OpenGL port. You mean QuakeDC. ;)

Interesting is that noone was able to compile the DCQuake source code yet. If that would be done, it could be implemented into nxMakaqu so it would be the number one game engine to create homebrew games with graphics comparable to commercial Dreamcast games o_O

-x-
February 21st, 2007, 19:25
i check the Makaqu1.2.zip i didn't found anthing concerning libgl
i have a src of it but compilation fail
some headers seem missing <dcutils/*>

anyway i'll see what i can do for that

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2007, 19:28
Christuserloeser, your right, i got mixed up. The thing is with bero's projects, no-one has been able to compile them, he used a weird setup.... shame

-x-
February 21st, 2007, 19:38
i check the Makaqu1.2.zip

edit: there 2 archive i cannot yet unpack unix there :)
i'll check later

have a src of libgl( bero ) but compilation fail
some headers seem missing <dcutils/*>

thanx