PDA

View Full Version : New custom firmware - v1.53 from Eiffle56

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 19th, 2007, 18:02
It's not from Dark_AleX, it's from someone called eiffle56 (http://www.portable-news.de/psp/p2_articleid/1674/custom-firmware-1-53/). The features are:

* Recovery Menu
* Boot Menu
* Integrated uxMB
* You can start 1.00 style EBOOTS
* Loads ISO/DAX files
* You can hide corrupt data icons
* You can load your own plugins(PRX)
* Autoboot EBOOTs at startup
* Never turn off the backlight in XMB

Can only install from 1.50

4.So...how to install?
Just copy all files from MS_ROOT to your Memory Stick and run the installer.
WARNING: It could BRICK your PSP. You do this on your own risk!
The installer can Update any 1.50, 1.50 Custom Firmware POC, 1.50 EE-A.

5.And how do I use this crap?
Just hold R while booting up your PSP to enter the recovery menu. From here you can unbrick your PSP and set some options.
To activate the boot menu, hold L while booting. From here you can start the XMB, iRShell and an own UI.
Note for iRShell: You need an unkxploitet 2.xx Version. Simply copy everything in flash0:/irshell.

To show the uxMB menu, press select in the XMB. From here you can activate USB, start ISO/DAX files and so on.
Note for ISO/DAX loading: You need an UMD inserted to use this Feature. If a game won´t load, hook the file in XMB(X Button) and try to start it via MPH Game Launcher.

To load plugins, simply put the path to them in the ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/plugins.txt.
You can change the Autoboot path via ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/autoboot.txt. With X at startup you can start your Autoboot EBOOT even if its disabled.

Flash at your own risk, any program that touches Flash can Brick your console

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

darthhaze420
February 19th, 2007, 18:26
i will stick with dark alex playing with the flash memory is a no no all it takes is one stupid bug in the code and you have a brick on ur hands do you think he just riped dark alex code off and just made a few minor changes?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 19th, 2007, 18:28
hey i justposted the news :P

ICE
February 19th, 2007, 18:38
hmm interesting. so can you play 3.10 games through this too?

opiate81
February 19th, 2007, 18:39
great job eiffle56.. its good to see you sticking with this

and no he did not steal DA's code its open source.. this is his second release (that Ive seen) and he has obviously loaded some more features into 1.5

so again good job.. keep learning and keep releasing :)

E.J.
February 19th, 2007, 18:39
Is good to see somebody else working on a custom firmware, i think that with 2 people messing with this we can expect great things in the future

LilSwish722
February 19th, 2007, 18:41
it's pretty cool. but i won't trust it. i prefer to stick to DAX's

g00gy
February 19th, 2007, 18:43
has it no popstation

ExcruciationX
February 19th, 2007, 18:45
So what is the purpose exactly? We have 3.10 OE-A.

iniquitous_beast
February 19th, 2007, 18:51
No real purpose. It is another custom firmware, just without the benefits of the 3.xx firmware series. Kind of useless.

Consider it the first baby steps of someone who could someday prove very useful to the scene.

jaws365
February 19th, 2007, 18:53
Nice with the boot menu!

YourStillWithMe
February 19th, 2007, 18:57
Yeah, i'd have to agree, this is useless, no offence. However, if he worked with Dark Alex things could get better so lets not bash this all to hell. . . .Good work man

tyranos
February 19th, 2007, 19:32
hey people , imagine DA and harleyg leave the psp scene
and they dont have time anymore ,well this guy could be the next DA even he has not done much now but one day u ll be all thankful,or he could write better plugin s that works with with the vsh etc

but it s it has no popstation so i dont recommend to upgrade /downgrade to it before some people with UP test it.
so people think before posting stupid stuff about hard working guys !!!!
and without "stealing the open source code "we wont progress becoz we well be reinventing the Wheel , unless the wheel has some some issues ;P

Shrygue
February 19th, 2007, 19:43
Custom firmware 1.53? I wonder if I should try this out....

dejkirkby
February 19th, 2007, 19:47
Any coding for the PSP is only a good thing. Well done Mate.

opiate81
February 19th, 2007, 20:00
wow I have to say this is one of the more unappreciative homebrew scenes Ive been in and Ive been using homebrew for about 19 years now..
constant what do we need this for? we have something similar already.
believe it or not some people are still on 1.5.. what would they need a recovery menu or the ability to load plugins for?

mikebeaver
February 19th, 2007, 20:59
Glad to see Eiffel56 has continued with this project, id like to wish her all the best in where ever she takes this new custom firmware :)
Its good to see that someone else is experimenting with a cfw solution, the more coders the better I say.

mavsman4457
February 19th, 2007, 21:44
Keep up the good work. Don't let these fools tell you that it's bad or that it isn't needed because that is just wrong. We need competition and there are many things that could be added to custom firmwares that don't exist yet. A good media player would be my most covetted feature right now but please keep doing what you're doing and challenge Dark_AleX for his title as best custom firmware because all it takes is hard work.

Solidsnake3000
February 19th, 2007, 22:22
i dont care who the hell this effiel 65 person is but iam sticking to dark_alex and his oe series

gdf
February 19th, 2007, 22:25
i know it's really harsh as someone put lots of effort into making this. i'm still using postation, so i won't try this yet, but that doesn't mean it ain't good or worthwhile. a mix of this and 3xx OE would rule btw.

Solidsnake3000
February 19th, 2007, 22:48
i know it's really harsh as someone put lots of effort into making this. i'm still using postation, so i won't try this yet, but that doesn't mean it ain't good or worthwhile. a mix of this and 3xx OE would rule btw.

but here the hell is your loyalty to dark alex i mean he has downgraders firmware emulators a whole bunch of fu***ng oe things and this guy has the nerve to come out with this what the helll iam piised off cause of this guy but the only advantage is to play dax file even 3.10 cant doit or can it if it can someone tell be but i still have no respect for this guy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 19th, 2007, 23:03
quit flaiming

F9zDark
February 19th, 2007, 23:09
but here the hell is your loyalty to dark alex i mean he has downgraders firmware emulators a whole bunch of fu***ng oe things and this guy has the nerve to come out with this what the helll iam piised off cause of this guy but the only advantage is to play dax file even 3.10 cant doit or can it if it can someone tell be but i still have no respect for this guy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Woah simmer down chief. Its about time we got someone new to the custom firmware foray. Means better custom firmware in the end. Be a DA fanboy all you want, but you have no right to outright flame another PSP homebrew developer because you're 'happy' with OE.

Who's to say that in 6 months or a year that this custom firmware wont shape up to be an entirely new Shell, replacing the entire XMB with new features, look, etc?

Don't be a troll, use your head and keep an open mind.

gdf
February 19th, 2007, 23:22
:eek: i know **** sake man. the more the merrier i say:thumbup: . this person has put work into this and DaX has into his projects...it's just having a bit more choice and more respect for coders other than the more famous or liked ones...

eatnooM
February 19th, 2007, 23:28
I want to post, but I can't do it without flaming. Must resist.

I appreciate that this has been released. I'm probably not going to use it in its current state as my friends will whine at me if I lose pops, but I appreciate it. :)

And as for Solidsnake3000, if you can't say anything nice... ya.

Mc_Logical
February 20th, 2007, 00:18
i will test it on a old psp if it bricks i dont care because the psp aint worth having the analog is bust off and the screen has faded, any1 here who has a psp still from the time it was released then your screen has prob faded, ive had 4 PSPs 3 of em downgraded, one bricked and i bought a brand new psp not long ago and downgraded it then put the bricked psp in the new psp box and taken it back to the place i got it and said the psp doesnt work and got my money back hahahahahahaha! lol i was testing things with the flash0 and bricked recovery mode died. but anyway i have a brand new custom fw psp :p im off to test this on a old crappy psp <-- damn i need to respect things lol

Cascade
February 20th, 2007, 00:51
A little bit Off-Topic:
It's not a guy ,who programmed this, it's a girl.
So if you want to flamme, say "she" or "this girl". ^^

It's cool that a female person want to "fight" against Dark_AleX. So lets see, which gender wins. :p

Mc_Logical
February 20th, 2007, 01:06
A little bit Off-Topic:
It's not a guy ,who programmed this, it's a girl.
So if you want to flamme, say "she" or "this girl". ^^

It's cool that a female person want to "fight" against Dark_AleX. So lets see, which gender wins. :p which gender wins? a bit sexist there and thats stupid dumbass.

ab88
February 20th, 2007, 01:29

:rolleyes:
ok?

baracki96
February 20th, 2007, 02:07
This is good stuff All this talk about loyalty, you'd think if one more person made a custom firmware a civil war would break out. Maybe they will learn from each others work until there are equally good custom firmwares. Keep up the great work Eiffel65:thumbup:

DarthPaul
February 20th, 2007, 03:34
This is nice. I love to see more people working on hard stuff like that. I'll be looking for future updates on this. I have 3.10 OE but I always liked something on 1.50 more than on 3.10...and it's .. the flash memory space.

M!ckeY
February 20th, 2007, 04:19
I gave it a try...It's pretty neat. Good work!! :)

mnuhaily22
February 20th, 2007, 11:12
Give the guy a rest, if you don't like it, don't use it ;), and it is not useless, actually it is just like the OE Series except with a little less features and it is on 1.5

wind_mill
February 20th, 2007, 12:32
Excellent Work!

Even though i havent tried this yet i love the idea of the Bootloader!

Shinatako
February 20th, 2007, 12:35
for people with 1.50, or 1.50 enthusiasts this is a god scene, and eiffle56 is a god amoung men...or women, one of the too =/

Anyways this firmware is alot more customizable seeing how FW1.50 has been hacked all the way to hell and back, just be careful with flashing kiddos, also this firmware should have far much more space with less trinkets like added codecs, playstation crap, other things to take up memory on the psp, i might actually consider using this firmware insted of my current 3.03 oe-c as i have little desire to put ps1 games on my psp

Lodis
February 20th, 2007, 15:12
For those labelling this as useless, you obviously don't see the bigger picture. If you don't like it, it doesn't mean that you can't communicate this in a mature and respectful way.

Buddy4point0
February 20th, 2007, 18:07
ewww this sucks 3.xx oe x is at least 5 billion times better!

Squidman
February 20th, 2007, 20:59
ewww this sucks 3.xx oe x is at least 5 billion times better!

have you tried it yet a$$hole?

i haven't tried yet [[damned homework]], but it sounds pretty good, more flashspace :thumbup: lol, but this just leaves me one thing to say....wtf is a uxMB?

Vega
February 20th, 2007, 22:38
eiffle56 . . . well done :) nice to see someone else creating custom firmwares. Keep at it ! I dont like to compare yourself with dark alex but keep at it and you too couldone day become a legend.
and to people saying she is "competing" with DAX, I lol very hard.

guardiansnowman
February 21st, 2007, 11:48
i downgraded my 3.1-OE A' to 1.5 and tried this... its not bad i have to say but the recovery menu needs better colours and the ISO loader didnt work for me... it might work for other ppl. the only reason u would wan this is if u were fw 1.5 and u didnt want to leave that firmware. it wasnt really my type of firmware so i decided to go back to 3.10-OE A'.... but i must say it was really nice to try and very good work! :thumbup:

Method Man
March 7th, 2007, 14:24
this is nice for the 1.50 loyal
but for the pleople with a wlan modem at home its sh*t because there is no internet browser on it

ish420ism
March 7th, 2007, 19:00
this is great to see more ppl working on CFW. anyone talking shit, you come up with a cfw. assholes.