PDA

View Full Version : PSP: PspIrDA 0.0.2 released

blackrave
February 19th, 2007, 20:28
Mat17 released his second version of PspIrDA today which features much better compatibility.
Here are the release notes:

PspIrda 0.0.2 ; [email protected]
"Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes."

PspIrda is an Irda Obex file transfer program which let you transfer files between your psp, your cell phone, your palm, your pc and all the devices compatible with this protocol.

For this version 0.0.2, I've worked a lot on compatibility. So the GUI is still minimalist and the transfer speed is still slow but more people will have fun with PspIrDA and it was my priority.

I can't give you a list of working configurations because there are too numerous! The compatibility is not perfect yet, and certainly will never be, but this release is a big improvement over the previous version.

I've already started working on the 0.0.3 release (or 0.1 maybe) and you should expect big improvements in the transfer speed and GUI.

I've included in the archive a debug version which outputs a debug.log and dump.log files in the pspirda directory. So if this release does not work for you, try a transfer (send or receive) with this debug version and send me the corresponding debug.log and dump.log.

Special thanks to the beta testers and especially : fanps, TTm, Ole, Glynnder, Rocky, Ben, Matt, Madi, Milosz, Richard, Shinguji, Tronupto, Kevin, Hadrien, ADX and the others

This program is released under a BSD license.

Superb work, Mat17.
Please help him increase compatibility by sending log reports to [email protected].
What do you think of this?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Kvonx
February 20th, 2007, 01:40
THANKS for all the hard work..really appreciate it man!!!!!!!!!!

DarthPaul
February 20th, 2007, 03:26
What? This means I can transfer stuff from my PSP to my Razr and so...?

voorheesda
February 20th, 2007, 13:14
cool! thanks for making this possible, i thought maybe my IR was broken or something...what is it used for without this program? Anyone knows? Now i can play demos and shait on my pocket pc :) Thanks again!

Dertnutz
February 20th, 2007, 23:25
nice... i can finally transfer files from my palm to psp and vice versa. someone finally came up with a great infrared program for psp! thanks!

Vega
February 21st, 2007, 00:06
anyone know if sony erricson works yet?

blackrave
February 21st, 2007, 14:09
Yes, Vega. I've been testing the last beta versions (they haven't been announced here on DCEmu) and Sony Ericsson phones seem to work very well, even my K300i.
Please post your findings, and if it doesn't work, use the debug version and send Mat17 the log files. That's sure to help. :)

mauro2029
February 21st, 2007, 15:02
Holy cow! I've been trying to get some pics off of Sony Ericson K300 for a really long time, even bought a USB cable to do it, but I got conned into buying a non-working fake. Could this possibly work for me?? I'm gonna look into this.....

idan6767
February 28th, 2007, 16:13
can i send mp3 files from my psp to my friend psp?

mauro2029
March 27th, 2007, 03:29
I tried this app on a K300 and it was able to receive files form the phone, but for some reason sendin' em didn't work.... regardless, cool app! Finally got those pics off that phone... it was killing me.