PDA

View Full Version : PSP 01-12.bmp Split/Merge v1.2

wraggster
February 20th, 2007, 01:58
Updated release from Xmod: (http://xmod.tjbp.net/)

BG Split/Merge v1.2 by xmOD

README!

This app lets you split/merge the 01-12.bmp file on your psp which holds the default backgrounds on your PSP. With this, you can fully customize your default backgrounds.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
To split the 01-12.bmp:

1. Run the exe file of the program.
2. Click the browse button to find the 01-12.bmp.
3. Hit the Split button to split the file.
4. Go to the same place where your 01-12.bmp is and you will find a folder called "Split 01-12.bmp" which contains the split individual files.
5. You can edit any or all of the 12 backgrounds.
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

NOTE: After editing, you may want to hex edit the edited files if you want all backgrounds to display otherwise only the first one would display. Refer to the link below for more info:

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
To Merge the individual files into 01-12.bmp:

1. Click the browse button and locate the split 01-12.bmp folder.
2. Hit Merge button to merge all the files.
3. Now look in the same split files folder for the merged 01-12.bmp
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
WARNING!
Although this software has been tested by me and is working perfectly on my PSP's but i still am NOT responsible for any partial/permanent bricks. Use this on YOUR risk ONLY! YOU are RESPONSIBLE is ANYTHING happens to your PSP!
-------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes:
1. Right now i have only tested this with 60x34 backgrounds only.
2. This app is limited by me to split 01-12.bmp of upto 500 kb of size only but you can merge files of any size together. This means you can split only 60x34 pixel backgrounds but can try merging 250x142 pixel(hi-res) backgrounds. Please share the results.
3. I'm planning on adding file padding the third release so that you dont have to hex edit the files yourself.

Enjoy! ;-)

Changelog:

v1.2
- Added support for browse function so you dont have to type the full path yourself.
- Added an error check which lets the user know before flashing whether all backgrounds will be displayed or just one.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 20th, 2007, 02:19
cool, i hate that i can only have one background when i edit that file

DarthPaul
February 20th, 2007, 03:22
Nice! Just one day after another release is here.

Lnathan9129
February 20th, 2007, 08:03
SWEET! This is great thanks! ^_^

heeroyun
February 20th, 2007, 14:10
I heard that all the XMB theme customizer could cause a brick , wonder if i should try this ?

carlitx
February 20th, 2007, 14:26
i try merging 12 diff bg's and only one works...why is that?

Apoklepz
February 20th, 2007, 14:30
Sweet, I was gonna customize my backgrounds yesterday through the USB Flash0 option and once I saw that 01-12.bmp image I was like, nooooo way I'm touching that shiz...

Thankfully, this app comes along today.

Thanks Xmod!

gamerremag
February 20th, 2007, 16:29
lol, i did the same thing...except i atempted it. it works fine, but only on January.

^then the background gets all messed up, wish i could show you guys, but i dont have a camera. :(

shuaib82a
February 20th, 2007, 16:34
so do i just place the files in the vsh folder will will this do wen i turn my psp on?just change the bg?

Triv1um
February 20th, 2007, 16:39
Thanks for informing us...

I needed this.

solidus636
February 22nd, 2007, 06:10
i can't start the program!! i get an error about comdlg32.ocx not being in the file...help!!!