PDA

View Full Version : Outa-Space PSP

wraggster
February 20th, 2007, 02:01
New release from pj1115.:

Hey!

Thanks for downloading Outa-Space PSP. First off, I would like to thank Jas0nuk and pailes for providing advice as to the best way to a couple of things!
I would also like to say that when I first announced Outa-Space PSP over at the QJ forums, the source code I asked for help with was SO shoddy; not only wouldn't it compile, it was a mite dangerous, too. Per to advice, I went and studied a bit more, and this is what I've made. It compiled properly, and it's completely different code, which has been tested extensively. There are no risks with this program that carry on from the last, so there's no need to worry, it won't bite!

This application is designed to remove any features of the XMB you don't want. That way, you would have more room for gameboots and the like.

It includes the usual font switching stuff, but you can also dispose of camera & GPS functionality, network update, the certificate utility, photo functionality, music functionality, video functionality, the XMB browser, and RSS. You can choose which ones you want to dispose of in the menu of the program, but all-in-all, if you were to completely sap your XMB of features, you could save around 4mb. =)

Please make note that removing photo, video, music (or stuff like that), only the XMB will notice a difference. UMDs and the like will heed no functionality damage, and will function fine. Also, the PSP won't crash when you try to use a deleted feature, it will simply

The features you remove aren't disabled, they're deleted, so once you get rid of them, they're gone until you re-install a new firmware. (Whether you're downgrading or upgrading, or even restoring a custom firmware, it makes no difference).

Lastly, Outa-Space PSP is designed for Dark_AleX's OE firmwares (preferably 3.10 OE-C), but it will work on 1.50+. (The only difference being that if you were to disable something like certificate utility on a firmware like 1.50, there would be nothing removed from your flash, as those features hadn't been added at the time of that firmware's release.
Still, you should be careful.

Final note:
I will not be held responsible for any damage incurred through use of my software or as an indirect result. As this program accesses vital areas of the PSP system, there is ALWAYS a small risk of damage.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
February 20th, 2007, 04:29
Woo! Thanks. Good stuff. But... uh.."Lastly, Outa-Space PSP is designed for Dark_AleX's OE firmwares (preferably 3.10 OE-C)..." Wtf? Is 3.10 OE-C out?

Sterist
February 20th, 2007, 07:15
last i checked, there isn't even a OE-B

also, there is a way to get those features back w/o up/downing, decrypt a firmware with psar dumper n replace the files in recovery

The-KMT
February 20th, 2007, 16:23
Thanx for this news , will this work on 3.03OE ??

Shinatako
February 20th, 2007, 17:32
Woo! Thanks. Good stuff. But... uh.."Lastly, Outa-Space PSP is designed for Dark_AleX's OE firmwares (preferably 3.10 OE-C)..." Wtf? Is 3.10 OE-C out?

my guess is that he ment to type 3.03 OE-C, but my questions is what comes after

"Also, the PSP won't crash when you try to use a deleted feature, it will simply..."

Buddy4point0
February 20th, 2007, 18:33
why dont people just enable flash0 for usb then back it up and delete what they dont want

McNA5TY
February 20th, 2007, 19:43
@buddy4point0, can you tell me how to enable flash0 for usb?

carlitx
February 20th, 2007, 19:52
there is no oec 3.10 so dont worry just a typo anywho i freed up to 2.5 mb on my flash haha!

Zion
February 20th, 2007, 20:23
why dont people just enable flash0 for usb then back it up and delete what they dont want

never do that, EVER.

you can brick your psp by messing about like that...

if you delete a certain file, you may not even be able to turn your psp on again let alone get back into recovery mode.

by all means use the flash0 usb. but dont go deleting what you dont want, especially if you dont know what it is that your deleting

ICE
February 21st, 2007, 00:29
^^^ wise words from a wise man :D

shorty_carnage
February 21st, 2007, 12:49
gr8 prg cant wait to use