PDA

View Full Version : loading usb accessory module... error - how to use 0.47b with no gps

bgruselle
February 20th, 2007, 12:31
Hi
does anyone know how to use mapthis! 0.47b with no GPS unit attached, i.e. as a mere map viewer ?
Do I need to edit anything in the config file ? Otherwise mapthis goes "loading usb accessory module... error" (which is normal as there is no GPS unity attached yet)
Thanks a lot

Elenaher
February 20th, 2007, 12:41
You need to put some prx ( usbacc.prx & usbgps.prx ) in the eboot folder. Theorically MapThis will work fine without the gps.

I said theorically because my own experience is very different : I'm using 3.10-OE-A' and 2 days ago I tried to use MapThis without the gps before buying the gps-290 :
MapThis 0.461S : Crash often when we zoom/dezoom ( I didn't manage to make it work during more than 30-40 sec
MaphThis 0.47 : Crash when it loads the map....

bgruselle
February 20th, 2007, 13:48
I am using 3.10 OE A' too and I reinstalled 0.4 after I couldn't get 0.47b to work without GPS, and I now get exactly the same symptoms you are describing: mapthis hangs (black screen) for a long time before updating the map when you zoom in/out...
it is probably due to the firmware, but I read 0.47 was fixing a bug in 3.10 OE A'... probably not this bug then
thanks

EDIT:
and now all my homebrews (not UMD rips nor PSX) hang just the same way, same as well when i go into 3.10 OE-A' configuration; anyone knows what's wrong please ?

zsc
February 24th, 2007, 19:20
The error you mentioned, error loading usb accessory module, is due to a bad prx file, possibly the usbacc.prx.

Question, did you get the prx from a source that confirmed that it worked? If not and you had made your own, did you press 'O' when prompted instead of 'X'? Check out the FAQ, link in my sig, for the proper way to get prx files. Map This DOES function when no GPS module is attached. Follow the steps and get prx from 2.71, 3.03 and 3.10 so you can see which combination works the best. I've gotten mine to work with 2.71 prxs, both usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx.

Also, if you're planning to use a generic GPS receiver, such as the holux gpslim 240, or using Map This simply as a map viewer, try Map This for generic GPS receiver. That variation of Map This does not require prxs at all.

mhouse974
May 7th, 2007, 01:56
Follow the steps and get prx from 2.71, 3.03 and 3.10 so you can see which combination works the best. I've gotten mine to work with 2.71 prxs, both usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx.

I have a 3.30 oe-A psp i couldnt get the mapthis program to work without the GPS. Do i just download the 2.71, 3.03 and 3.10 .prx and see which will work with it?

The directions at http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/ didnt mention anything about .prx's also the files on that website is old so instead of using Mapthis! 0.4 i used Mapthis 0.4.99 can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or what steps are missing from http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/ ?

MIB.42
May 7th, 2007, 10:00
Hi
does anyone know how to use mapthis! 0.47b with no GPS unit attached, i.e. as a mere map viewer ?
Do I need to edit anything in the config file ? Otherwise mapthis goes "loading usb accessory module... error" (which is normal as there is no GPS unity attached yet)
Thanks a lot

As zsc mentioned, use the Holux version if you just want the map, it does not require prx files.

In case you have a 290 and just want to use MapThis! occasionally as a mapviewer, it should still work. That error message is most likely due to kernel mismatch...

fyi, I don't have a 290, yet I use the 290 version during the development...