PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Alternative to Gamefly

mavsman4457
February 20th, 2007, 18:40
This can be used to rent movies or video games and it is far cheaper than gamefly, netflix, and blockbuster. Someone at Slickdeals.net put out all the information nicely so here is what he said:

Gameznflix.com rents both video games and movies. They rent DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray, XBOX 360, XBOX, PS2, PS3, Wii, GC, and PSP. Compare this to Gamefly that charges $12.95 for TWO games and then goes up to $22. So I thought this was a great deal for 3 at a time. Rentals are unlimited and you can cancel your subscription anytime.

I'm about to cancel my two Gamefly accounts that cost me $44/month and let me have 4 games total and signed up for 2 of these accounts which will allow me 6. I am now spending half the cost and getting 1.5x more games and movies if I want them!

Right now you can go to their site and enter coupon code "emmys" and get the following rates:

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month - best deal IMO

http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx

There should be a button that says "enter coupon".

Some people are concerned about turn around time. I was told that turn around time usually has to do with the location of the distribution center and the distance from your home. For a reference, here are the locations of their distribution centers.

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL

caseyh
February 21st, 2007, 20:17
Gamefly 3-game plan is $28.95 which in any case is a better value than gamesflix.

1. Wider selection
2. Faster shipping
3. Better website
4. Better queue management
5. New Release availability.

I've used both and am currently with gamefly and plan to stay. I do the 2 game plan and for what i get back, it's a bargain.