PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: "We're going to win"

wraggster
February 20th, 2007, 19:23
Microsoft's Shane Kim has reignited the next-gen war of words - revealing that the creator of Xbox 360 has complete faith that it will emerge as the victor of this console generation. Kim, Microsoft's coporate vice president, also insists that 360 won't be buried as swiftly as its predecessor when the dawn of a new next-gen era begins.

According to Kim, Microsoft's honchos "absolutely believe" that Xbox 360 "will win this generation," and that it "is going to have a very long tail". And he isn't talking about giving the much-rumoured black Xbox an eye-catching new design feature.

"If we could have a PS2-like tail, that would be awesome for Xbox 360. I don't think you're going to see the same abrupt move to the next-generation," Kim told gaming website 1UP in a recent interview. Any extension to 360's life will require stronger dedication on Microsoft's behalf than was given to the Xbox, though Kim stresses the swift dumping of Xbox was "a strategic decision" aimed at ensuring Microsoft dominated the next console war.

via gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20070220105444468055&releaseId=20060310114456640079)

briyan
February 20th, 2007, 21:46
not until the fat lady sings..

ICE
February 21st, 2007, 00:27
they're winning presently but it looks like someone is sneaking up rather quickly...

BrooksyX
February 21st, 2007, 06:15
In a perfect world the Xbox 360 and Wii would sell the same amount of consoles. I really love my 360 but I cant wait to get a Wii.

Uchuu
February 21st, 2007, 07:23
hm.......i'll have to wait 1-2 years before i can really see who's going to win. Sure the 360 is on top now... but it also had a year headstart. And in the last couple of months, seems like the wii is outselling everything.

Shadowblind
February 21st, 2007, 07:26
Dont get arrogant Microsoft. I see a looooong battle against Nintendo coming...wait, wheres Sony?

briyan
February 21st, 2007, 14:35
can somebody please explain to me how the wii is supposed to be a next gen console? it's a "gamecube with motion-sensing controls wrapped in a nice box and launched together with an actual next-gen console"

Shadowblind
February 21st, 2007, 14:56
can somebody please explain to me how the wii is supposed to be a next gen console? it's a "gamecube with motion-sensing controls wrapped in a nice box and launched together with an actual next-gen console"

I guess because of the Wii-Mote and its shiny finish... :confused:

iniquitous_beast
February 21st, 2007, 15:16
"Next-Generation" is just a term. It applies to the next family of consoles that will soon dominate the market. thus, even if Nintendo had released something weaker than the gamecube, it would still be a next-gen console, simply because it would be THE nintendo console of the next generation.

And don't be so swallowed up by the whole "repackaged gamecube" accusation. The wii is significantly more powerful than the gamecube was. In due time, it will demonstrate that.

Shadowblind
February 21st, 2007, 16:14
In a perfect world the Xbox 360 and Wii would sell the same amount of consoles. I really love my 360 but I cant wait to get a Wii.

Perfectly agreed.

ICE
February 21st, 2007, 16:50
the wii is a lot more powerful than the cube!!!! people need to quick saying crap like its just a gamecube!! do you know how long it was until resident evil 4 and its unreal graphics came out?? have some freaking patience and give them some time to get it right because when they do you WILL want a wii!!

JKKDARK
February 21st, 2007, 16:58

Check the hardware specifications from both machines

caseyh
February 21st, 2007, 17:57
having been out for awhile 360 was the console everyone forgot about until everybody bought it for christmas. wii has been great too. i don't think they would have been so gloating if ps3 hadn't been such a flop. i guess that a little strong. but in comparison to the press and chatter it got.