PDA

View Full Version : A Virtual Keyboard for your PSP (Dvorak Layout)

wraggster
February 20th, 2007, 20:48
Our very own ZX81 has released a new virtual keyboard for the PSP, heres the release info:

Heres what it looks like in action

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/virtualkeyboard.JPG

Perfect for webusage :)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Virtual_Keyboard_Released_for_PSP

Hi All,

I've made a new version of the javascript keyboard, using Dvorak Layout (for those who don't know who Dvorak is, i suggest you to go there : dvorak keyboard layout)

Here is a demo :
psp web keyboard

It is very usefull for me to make google search, or to enter URL in a more friendly manner

You can unzip the archive on your memory stick and then add a bookmark to the location such as file:/psp/dvorak/index.html

Enjoy !

Zx.

Also Done a Qwerty layout

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ALF
February 20th, 2007, 20:57
The Homebrew scene just gets better and better every day.

Awesome work ZX81.

Love the Google link. Smart yet Simple :)

MrPeanut
February 20th, 2007, 22:29
What, no qwerty?

Just kidding :P beggars can't be choosers.

Nice work!

Shrygue
February 20th, 2007, 22:38
That PSP keyboard app looks good.

emuking
February 21st, 2007, 00:08
looks real nice and will make browsing real easy

luis_05
February 21st, 2007, 01:01
damn ZX-81 just never stops to impress me, what would he do next?.....lol nice work Zx-81

mavsman4457
February 21st, 2007, 01:06
What, no qwerty?

Just kidding :P beggars can't be choosers.

Nice work!

That's not qwerty? Then what is it?

xxcolbyxx
February 21st, 2007, 01:39
Im not sure how to properly install this, may someone give me some help on where to put the contents exactly? Do i just have the two files somewhere under GAME, and then locate the file through the web bookmarks?

pabloslpkn
February 21st, 2007, 04:59
COOL.thanks.:thumbup:

zx-81
February 21st, 2007, 08:44
That's not qwerty? Then what is it?

This is mainly a web page with a Javascript keyboard, that i use to surf on the web ...

There are two versions, one with Qwerty layout, and the other one with Dvorak layout
((see dvorak layout) (http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/layout.html)

zx-81
February 21st, 2007, 08:48
Im not sure how to properly install this, may someone give me some help on where to put the contents exactly? Do i just have the two files somewhere under GAME, and then locate the file through the web bookmarks?

You can put those two files where you want (personnaly i've put them in a dedicated folder under ms0:/PSP). Then you can add a "file:/psp/..../index.html" URL to your bookmarks, or homepage option in the Web Browser.

In my own version, i've added severall useful links to the index.html file (such as direct link to my gmail account, e-messenger web site etc ...), and i use it as my homepage in the PSP browser :)

shorty_carnage
February 21st, 2007, 09:25
nice keyboard for the psp

sinjinn
February 21st, 2007, 14:46
great app , this would save a lot of head , i can see , but i get to that page and press the butons but nothing gets entered ??

sinjinn
February 21st, 2007, 14:46
*headache

zx-81
February 21st, 2007, 21:52
great app , this would save a lot of head , i can see , but i get to that page and press the butons but nothing gets entered ??

You have to enable javascript ?

jonwww
February 21st, 2007, 21:59
I can enter text in the text entry box but it never actually goes to page I enter. If I press 'x' button it just brings me to regular sony keyboard, pressing 'start' from there just brings me back to this keyboard. Javascript is enabled.

baracki96
February 21st, 2007, 22:26
DVORAK?! As in John C. DVORAK.org/blog? hmm, that would be interesting. Anywho, digg the keyboard, really speeds things up. Now if there was only a way to cache on the memorystick, we'd be in buisiness

jonwww
February 21st, 2007, 22:53
Nevermind I figured it out. I didn't realize I had to enter 'http://' before web address (I never have to do this on any other browser) and 'URL' when done typing. Great app. could use a little better documentation though.

koopiejohnnie
February 22nd, 2007, 07:03
This is really Good!!

raid517
February 23rd, 2007, 01:47
Is there any chance you could make the 'enter' or go button a little more clear - as, call me crazy if you want, I really can't seem to find one.