PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Brawl: In-Depth Character Discussion

Shadowblind
February 21st, 2007, 06:18
I saw this on NSIDER forums, and it looked like a good idea. Post what character you'd want to see, give an image, and give him a set of attacks and movements, or whatever.

Heres mine:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/Lil_klonoa/Drawings/happyklonoa.bmp

This is a picture of Klonoa, Namcos famous fighting furball. Yeah, maybe he is too fluffy for his own good, but to not see him in an all out Nintendo fighting warfare would be nothing less then a shame. I may have no good suggestions for the attacks, but I'll give it an all-out try.

Movement and Damage properties

As a cat, Klonoa is very agile. His pace should be rather on the quick side, while dealing an average to slightly above average damage level. However, he should be more poor at taking damage, and can be picked up into the air by most any smash attack.

He would run by how he runs in most to all of the games he appears in, with arms swinging as he runs. As a platformer, Klonoa has many of the properties of a good SSB character already made.

Jumping

As a, uh, cat, he can jump a fair distance in height, as he has the ability to float for a few seconds by flapping his oddly large ears. Klonoa should (as a cat) be able to gain at least a little height on the other characters in jumping.

As for an A Button up attack while in the air, a spin up attack while using his ring (not his fist) to propel the enemy a little higher in the air with the moderate amount of damage for this type of attack.

B Button (while pressing up and in air)
A wind bullet shot up from his ring. Nothing fancy, yet nothing too boring.

A Button (while pressing right or left in the air)
A straight leg kick out to the side. No height is added if hit, but can throw out multiple kicks.

B Button (while pressing right or left in the air)
wind bullet shot in the direction which he is facing. Equal damage to the B mash up.

B Button (while pressing down in the air)
A wind bullet burst. Unlike the wind bullet, this trails down at a decent rate and explodes when it is hit on either an opponant or the ground. If the enemy is directly below Klonoa when he initiates the attack, bursts instantly.

Ground B Attacks
Most of Klonoa's B Attacks will consist of him using his special weapons. That is, his light sword, pick axe, and Magic ring.

B Button (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
A wind bullet blast, which temporarly pulls the enemy into his wind bubble (like Kirby's suction attack). When that are in his Ring, he walks rather slow, and can throw them a short distance. If they are thrown into a wall, the blast does a good deal on damage.

B Button up (not smash)
A swipe upward with his light sword.

B Button down (while crouching [not smash])
Swipes toward whichever way he is facing with his light sword.

B Button Smash (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
This is a Combo smash. Press B,B,B,B to intiate the full combo.
It begins with the first B with him swiping his energy sword from the ground up.
The second B makes him come from his first swipe to a slash uppercut.
Third B causes him to spin once, causing him to be temporarly vaulnerable. If hit, he must redo the combo.
Forth B, if spin is successful, will cause him to do a powerful straight Jab with his light sword, often knocking his opponants back with force and damage.

B Button down (smash)
Klonoa hovers for a second while he spins his light sword under him.

B Button up (smash)
Klonoa rebound attack. After a double jump, aims down with his ring, bursts a wind bullet that propels him upwards. During this attack, he yells his trademark, "Wahoo!".

A Button Combo (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
This is a combo attack. Press A,A,A,A to initiate the full combo.
The first A is a side Jab with the left arm.
Second A is a side Jab with the right arm.
Third A would be an elbow from either of his arms.
Forth A would be palm-push forward.

A button up (no smash)
Basically the same movement as his upwards attack in the air with A.

A button down (no smash)
A trip-spin with his right or left leg.

A button smash (while on the ground and facing straight [right or left])
Klonoa sends a full-force straight punch forward. May not be an exceptionally impressive A smash, but a very effective one, as it often knocks the enemies off their feet.

A button down (smash)
Does a sort of one spin windmill (kicks his legs each way)

A button up (smash)
A double fisted upper punch, often sails enemies high.

SPECIAL (In the case there is one)
Most likely his infamous wind bullet tornado. Although I am not sure how it would work exactly, the tornado would pick enemies off the ground and deal them heavy damage before either throwing them back into the ground or who knows elsewhere.

Throws
Throw Forward
He throws out a wind bullet and traps them. The throw forward would be just like in the game, a straight forward hurl.

Throw Backward
Wind Bullet. He brings them to his back and shoulder bashes them in an uppercut fasion.

Throw Down
Wind Bullet. Klonoa Bashes them straight into the game.

Throw up
Wind Bullet. Gets on his back and kicks them straight upward.

Taunt

Wow this would be funny. Klonoa being a giant furball, making fun of an opponant. I suppose a sorta Kirby like taunt with his signature, "Wahoo!"

Life ICON
It would be Klonoa's signature wind bullet ring.

The Loss pose
He would stand in the background either in a slump or wildly clapping.

Guarding
Klonoa would block with both arms covering his face, and when the shield is broken be in a half-hunched daze.

Klonoa would be a rather fit addition to the Super Smash Bros. community through his styles of fighting. While not too insane on the movements and powerful on the attcks, he maintains a level of elegance as well as fierce battle style.

pibs
February 21st, 2007, 06:36
Tatanga Final Boss from Super Mario Land
http://www.progressiveboink.com/mike/img/royalrumble94/tatanga.gif
Has he been included in any games lately... nope lol

anyways this forgotten character/boss should be one of the best characters if included since he has a war robot and can blow Sh!t up lol

sonikku88
March 12th, 2007, 20:08
I will list a few of my desired characters, a brief description of them in SSBB and their B moves.

Krystal from Starfox

She'd move pretty much the same as Fox, maybe a bit slower. She will have her staff and her B attacks would comprise of some of the various staff upgrades in Starfox Adventures. For costumes, she'd have her Adventures clothes, her Assault outfit and her Command. Each one would be changable in colour for team matches.

B - Fire Shot

A simple shot of fire from her staff. Causes little damage but can be used repeatedly.

B + Sideways - Ice Blast

Shoots a spray of ice which "catches" the victim like with the fire flower. Again, causes little damage but damages repeatedly if the victim is caught in the blast.

B + Up - Rocket Boost

This will give Krystal an aerial boost in mid-air or on ground, much like Fox's Firefox attack.

B + Down - Earthquake

Whether on ground or in mid-air, when this move is used, Krystal strikes the ground and damages all opponents in the area of impact. This would do a lot of damage to opponents especially those directly under Krystal when she drops down. Naturally, they would be smashed to either side of the attack and hopefully, off the screen and into oblivion. :D

I'm not to sure what to suggest for a Special Attack. Maybe Krystal could summon a Krozoa Spririt and it would possess one of the other players so they have no control of their bodies. Hmm, I'm gonna have to think about that one. =\

Sonic the Hedgehog

I think Sonic would move very similarly to Fox as they are both pretty fast and they jump more-or-less the same. As for costumes, I think it would be rather silly to have Sonic change colour for team battles, so instead I'm thinking that his shoes could change colour instead. He could also have that unlockable outfit in the multiplayer mode in Sonic Adventure 2.

B - Sonic Wind

Sonic's only projectile move. When used it will send out a light blue razor-shaped light toward an opponent, similar to that of Kirby's Upper Cutter move, but without the giant leap. Instead, Sonic would spin for a 1/4 of second then release the attack. Not very powerful, but not a totally weak attack either.

B + Sideways - Jump Dash

Sonic's main attack in the Sonic Adventure series. This will send Sonic shooting, in ball form, in the direction of which way the control stick is pointed, left or right. This can do quite a lot of damage depending on how close the victim is.

B + Up - Spin Attack

Pretty much exactly like Samus' Screw Attack. That's it. =D

B + Down - Bounce

Like the attack Sonic has when he gets the Bounce Bracelet in Sonic Adventure 2 or when you press B + down in Sonic Advance 2 when in mid-air. If there is no opponent present when the attack lands, Sonic will just bounce off the ground and land on his feet. If it does hit, the opponent would suffer heavy damage and be cast away off to either the left or right of the stage.

For the special attack, I'm thinking Sonic goes Super Sonic, and kick the crap out of opposing players or he could use Chaos Control to send an opponent either down to the pits or the the sides of the screen.

That's enough for now. I have a few ideas for more characters, mostly Sonic characters though. =D I will probably post them later.

fg-54
August 10th, 2007, 02:35
hmmm......I GOT IT! the character i want for ssbb is: mii.

ok, so mii is not going to have any special moves or anything besides its final smash (wich i will talk about it later) instead, you will be able to asign any move from any other player into him in any order you want by any buttons!(besides jumping, that will stay as whatever button is used to jump)

so here are some examples of the customazation you could have with mii:

*up-z* shoots yoshi's tounge to eat you'r enemy.

*left-z*shoots mario's fireball

*right-z* charges up samu's blast ball

*down-z* slapps the ground like DK

*z* grabs enemys like kirby

*up-z* (while in air) will spin link's sword.

*down-z*(while in air) will turn into a rock like kirby

and so on, you could turn it into the cheapest character evuuuuur!!!

Junixx
August 10th, 2007, 03:15
YODA! :rofl:

If Sonic would be in it Tails and/or Knuckles would have to be in it too :thumbup:

fg-54
August 17th, 2007, 17:48
lol, yoda would be an awesome character on ssbb.

Duobix
August 17th, 2007, 19:11
Hmmm, let me say:
Harvest moon farmer! yeah!
The moves:
B (norm.) Hoe
B (ground) sickle
B (Up)fishing rod-he catches what he can.
A (norm) ball throw (the one designed for dog)
A (ground) harvest-he teoritecally throw the oponent like a crop xP
A (Up) plant- he plants the enemy for a moment

Throw (norm) He uses he hammer to make a nice fly to the opononent xD

And this is all for a moment. I have to come up whit some new ideas, and you know they must be good ;)

acn010
August 17th, 2007, 19:21
prime hunters from metroid!!!!!!

br101
April 9th, 2009, 22:21
is there a cheat to pick masterhand?