PDA

View Full Version : Cult rhythm-action game Ouendan gets sequel

wraggster
February 21st, 2007, 17:24
Ouendan 2, the sequel to the Japanese-only rhythm-action game that was so popular they adapted it for western audiences, is in the works according to Dengeki Online.

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2, is the full Japanese name, which Google's translation tool hilariously interprets as 'Burn! Thermal blood rhythm soul Pushing patience! Fighting obtaining! Cheer group 2.'

Other internet translations came up with 'OtherBurn! Fervorous Spirit of Rhythm! Go! Fight! Cheer Squad 2' and various other seeming random babblings.

Whatever the title, the catchy tunes and crazy characters of the original Japanese Ouendan earned it a huge cult following in the west and is considered one of the best games on DS by those in the import scene. The game was later adapted for the US and released under the name Elite Beat Agents.

But the Japanese sequel is what everyone wants, and according to Dengeki it will include a four-player multiplayer option, too. Excite!

Ouendan 2 is down for a 2007 release in Japan. That's one for the 'Must Import' list

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158534)

Junixx
February 21st, 2007, 21:29
YEEESS!!!!! I was hoping there would be a sequel to Oendan or EBA, I doubt this will be localized though, from what I heard EBA sales weren't what they were expected to be

kcajblue
February 22nd, 2007, 01:03
that game was awesome!
its good to see its getting a sequel.