PDA

View Full Version : New Super Paper Mario screens of justice

wraggster
February 21st, 2007, 17:27
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158541)

We're so excited about Super Paper Mario that we can't help staring anxiously at every last screenshot released, the helpless retro whores we are.

These latest screens, uncovered by Famitsu, show one instance of how the camera-swivelling mechanic, which transforms the 2D gameplay into 3D, will work.

Mario comes to a gap far too large to jump. He's stuck. But when you swivel the camera, the new view reveals that the seemingly non-interactive background hills, which were nothing more than scenic decoration in old Mario games, actually form a path for Mario to walk along. Brilliant.

GIANT NES SPRITE Mario is also looking awesome, as is Bowser's flame breath power.

Despite being a GameCube pass-me-over, Super Paper Mario has the potential to be one of the best games on Wii this year.

The lucky Americans will be able to pick up their copies from April 9. A UK release is yet to be announced.

Screens Via Comments

shadowprophet
February 22nd, 2007, 03:31
Now hears a game I look forward to!
I consider this a high profile title.

Whats that. Oh yeah. theres supposed to be a wii drought going on. does nintendo know they arent allowed to release this in the middle of a drought:rofl:

*looks around. Sees no drought. in the spite of sonic for the wii, super paper mario.

As hard as I try. I just cant see this drought. CVG is predicting. Maybe im missing something:confused:

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 03:41
I gotta get my self a Wii. Friiig this looks like a game I'd spend a loooot of time on.