PDA

View Full Version : Gay news site slams "misinformed" Games Radar article

wraggster
February 21st, 2007, 17:56
via gamesindustry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22932)

Consumer gaming website Games Radar has come under fire from Gay.com UK for publishing an article "outing" five game characters.

The article, which is titled 'Are they gay?', begins by noting that God of War's Kratos "'accidentally' killed his wife and daughter. Which probably means he's got a grudge against women. Or something".

It goes on to suggest that Gears of War's Marcus Fenix, Bully's Jimmy Hopkins, Dead Rising's Frank West and Vaan from Final Fantasy XII also "show signs of covert - and not so covert - campness".

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz Hassan Mirza, news editor for Gay.com, said, "While it's reassuring to know that gamers are interested in the sexual orientation of digital superheroes, Matt Cundy's 'Are they gay?' article relies on a series of juvenile stereotypes and clichés.

"I can't imagine any homophobic intentions, but it can be dangerous to suggest that looking "camp" means gay, or worse, that gay men hold violent grudges against women. It's a completely misinformed suggestion."

Mirza also criticised the part of the article which states: "[Frank West] enjoys dressing in woman's clothes. And children's clothes. Probably not gay per se, but definitely a bit kinky and not one to shy away from carnal 'experimentation'."

According to Mirza, "Cundy's facetious tone, dismissive of an impressionable audience, justifies making jokes about the LGBT community."

The Games Radar article has been featured on gay news site PinkNews.co.uk, which poses the question, "What is the point of "outing" characters? Is this yet another bunch of childish "str8" boys laughing at gay people?"

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, online editor Tony Grew said he was not offended by the piece but did question its objectives.

"I didn't really know what to make of it. I know a lot of gay people play games and feel they're under-represented, and it's interesting that the macho world of games is taking this kind of approach," he observed.

"I'm not insulted by it, but I would question what it's trying to achieve. It will be interesting to see what our readers think of it."

Emeriastone
February 21st, 2007, 18:22
I'm currently taking a sex gender and self class and I would like to note that only 10% of male gays are openly flamboyant and fit the stereotype of the male gay. The other 90% of gay men are indistinguishable from straight men. Though that would be interesting.

shorty_carnage
February 21st, 2007, 18:48
I'm currently taking a sex gender and self class and I would like to note that only 10% of male gays are openly flamboyant and fit the stereotype of the male gay. The other 90% of gay men are indistinguishable from straight men. Though that would be interesting.

do you need a test to tell you if your gay or not now?

Vega
February 21st, 2007, 19:24
Wow, i cant see how homosexuas would find this offensive . . . . really.

Amiga
February 21st, 2007, 19:29
I certainly don't find it offensive:)

beardude
February 21st, 2007, 20:29
I think that it's interesting that wraggster has posted this when he also wrote that gays were the target audience for the pink psp.

souLLy
February 21st, 2007, 20:52
Wow, i cant see how homosexuas would find this offensive . . . . really.

They said in the post they weren't offended by it, they just found it rather juvenile. Which it is.

**1_Man_Matrix**
February 21st, 2007, 21:25
Duke Nukem has something going on there too I reckon'...

*Cough*

VampDude
February 21st, 2007, 21:28
lmao

devdj
February 21st, 2007, 21:41
Death to all Gays

Vega
February 21st, 2007, 22:04
They said in the post they weren't offended by it, they just found it rather juvenile. Which it is.

Maybe so, but to go all out with an article? no offence what so ever to homosexuals, but there always seems to be something for them to get their knickers in the twist about. not homosexuals as a whole . . . but homosexuals with some sort of voice / power. just my opinion.

J_Villa1983
February 21st, 2007, 22:56
Death to all Gays

Just because you dont agree with their lifestyle, doesnt mean that they don't have every bit of a right to life as you do.

-JV

Tetris999
February 21st, 2007, 23:30
Just because you dont agree with their lifestyle, doesnt mean that they don't have every bit of a right to life as you do.

-JV

I dont agree with their lifestyle and i also think their criminals.

Why?

because the law of nature is for a woman to be with a man its the law of nature thats why babies are made

now gays totally go against the law of nature and do the unthinkable, they break the law thus therye considered criminals to humanity

why do you try to force two puzzle pieces that dont fit? Why the hell do they have to cut the pieces so they fit together?

seriously i just D-O-N-T like gays

souLLy
February 21st, 2007, 23:42

Why?

because the law of nature is for a woman to be with a man its the law of nature thats why babies are made

now gays totally go against the law of nature and do the unthinkable, they break the law thus therye considered criminals to humanity

why do you try to force two puzzle pieces that dont fit? Why the hell do they have to cut the pieces so they fit together?

You've every right to your bigoted, ignorant viewpoints.

J_Villa1983
February 21st, 2007, 23:44

Why?

but isnt it their choice in life to do what they choose? Who are you to dictate what one person chooses to do in their life? Who says they are criminals to humanity? What makes you better than anyone else?

J_Villa1983
February 21st, 2007, 23:57
You've every right to your bigoted, ignorant viewpoints.

Look I know your an admin and probably could kick me off for what i'm about to say, I'd rather have a discussion than a food fight. Calling people ignorant or bigoted is worthless all its going to do is get a bunch of emotion into the conversation and people hating on each other rather than discussing thoughts and beliefs. Even if we all have differing view points it doesnt make one worth less than the other.

Cloudhunter
February 22nd, 2007, 00:02

Why?

Really, it's their own choice. And not all gays are "practising" gays.

I myself have no problem, whatever floats their boat...

Cloudy

Look I know your an admin and probably could kick me off for what i'm about to say, I'd rather have a discussion than a food fight. Calling people ignorant or bigoted is worthless all its going to do is get a bunch of emotion into the conversation and people hating on each other rather than discussing thoughts and beliefs. Even if we all have differing view points it doesnt make one worth less than the other.

He's also entitled to his viewpoint that the other persons view is invalid ;)

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 00:26
Well yeah i guess i could agree with your point of whether the choose to do it, i just think its really wrong.................yeah i guess whatever floats their boat

anyway Soully i dont take anything seriously from you as you think you are always "right" i dont care if your an admin but what you mean by "ignorant" is yourself you hypocrite, as you are ignorant to everything except what you agree with

souLLy
February 22nd, 2007, 00:30

I clicked reply with the intention to tell him all of the numerous flaws in what he was saying and how ridiculous the 'unnatural' argument is- but on re-reading his comments I just couldn't dignify him with a proper response. It scares me that in this day and age people still have such uninformed views.

Thankfully he's only having good 'natural sex' (not oral obviously as the mouth wasn't designed for that).

anyway Soully i dont take anything seriously from you as you think you are always "right" i dont care if your an admin but what you mean by "ignorant" is yourself you hypocrite, as you are ignorant to everything except what you agree with

I would have more patience with you if you didn't have a history of posting nonsense on the forums.

There's having a valid argument and then there's posting homophobic comments on here. You have every right to hate black people for example, that doesn't mean however that I'm going to allow you to post racist comments on the forums in the interests of free speech.

rawfodog
February 22nd, 2007, 00:33
hey Tetris999 i totaly agree with you man gays are criminals that should not exist in the universe just like the other sick insects some of you may call people, well i for one would stomp the shit out everyone of them. Oh and J_Villa1983 you are some rat you probably are gay.

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 00:36
I clicked reply with the intention to tell him all of the numerous flaws in what he was saying and how ridiculous the 'unnatural' argument is- but on re-reading his comments I just couldn't dignify him with a proper response. It scares me that in this day and age people still have such uninformed views.

Tetris does have a history of posting rubbish on the forums though so don't see it as an unprovoked attack ;)

Thankfully he's only having good 'natural sex' (not oral obviously as the mouth wasn't designed for that).

whats so useless about my posts and i do not believe in posting rubbish anywhere, i post for a reason

the only rubbish that ever came out of me was because YOU changed my posts and made them look extremely stupid and also "it was in junk"

you just have some weird grudge against me that i do not understand and i probably never will

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 00:37
but isnt it their choice in life to do what they choose? Who are you to dictate what one person chooses to do in their life? Who says they are criminals to humanity? What makes you better than anyone else?

They can do whatever they want, but did you know they want gay marriage? That's retarded. What's next? Bestiality?
Plus most of the people with AIDS are homosexuals/bisexuals. I don't think it's good.

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 00:38
They can do whatever they want, but did you know they want gay marriage? That's retarded. What's next? Bestiality?
Plus most of the people with AIDS are homosexuals/bisexuals. I don't think it's good.

JKKDARK i agree with you ;)

orochi-x
February 22nd, 2007, 00:41
I think gay is natures way of slowing down over population!

Seriously , I've got nothing against gay people ( a couple of my friends are gay and they are a riot lol ) but there are certain groups of people who cause a comotion about the tiniest things , and gay people are one of those groups.

If the article was something like "are these characters taxi drivers" there wouldn't be any fuss.

Anyway, was Guilty Gears' Venom in the article? He's gay. It's in his story.

Mark30001
February 22nd, 2007, 00:44
I don't agree with any of these negative posts toward homosexuals.

How can a human-being have so much hate for other human-beings who have done nothing wrong to them?

rawfodog
February 22nd, 2007, 00:49
the whole gay population is like one giant Cancer Cell that never goes away.Oh and I heard from a source that AIDS was designed by the U.S. Military to wipe out some of asia russia and africa as AIDS was going to be merged with EBOLA. Just imagine that combination of destruction.

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 00:51

Why?

Alright, so according to your logic, if a heterosexual couple gets married and is unable to have babies, its criminal to think they should be together. They're two puzzle pieces that wont fit to produce offspring, yet they have rights to be together?

I'm going to try to be as civilized as possible on this, but saying you don't like gays is like saying you don't like a certain race or group of people, basically condemning a group because you don't share their views.

I also think you have equal chance of getting any STD with someone of the opposite sex similar to anyone with the same sex. AIDS isn't specific to just homosexuals, it can be contracted by more than those means.

Anyways, lets keep this a nice debate. I just wanted to share my opinion.

edit: And again, I think comparing gay people to a cancer cell is just like saying asians are a plague. Just because they can't reproduce doesn't make them a burden to society. Homosexuality has been going on for ages, even since the Hellenistic times (look at the recent Alexander the Great movie).

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 00:54
I don't agree with any of these negative posts toward homosexuals.

How can a human-being have so much hate for other human-beings who have done nothing wrong to them?

My freind its called diffrence of opinion, some people view gays as very strange people, because what they do is out of the ordinary, anyway then comes in that humans can do whatever they want, well hell yes this is true, but seriously theres should be extent of what people do

the only reason people are gay because they WANT to its not by attraction "they say it is though"

So.... why do we disagree and view their values as screwed, because its the monopoly of doing whatever you want, which is against human nature

no i dont want to kill gays, but i want them to act like real human beings and if they dont want to fine, i'll still disagree with them

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 00:57
And so you're saying they're unhuman because they have an emotion for another person? How do you know its not by attraction?

As an American, I'd also like to say this. The basis of America is to have natural rights, independent rights. The fathers of America let those try to obtain, "The pursuit of happiness". Why restrict this pursuit for anyone?

Anyway, just so you know. I'm very interested in what anyone has to say. Hopefully this won't turn out into anything like a flamefest, but rather a friendly debate upon our philosophical beliefs.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 00:58
Alright, so according to your logic, if a heterosexual couple gets married and is unable to have babies, its criminal to think they should be together. They're two puzzle pieces that wont fit to produce offspring, yet they have rights to be together?
They can adopt, since they will act like a normal couple.

I also think you have equal chance of getting any STD with someone of the opposite sex similar to anyone with the same sex. AIDS isn't specific to just homosexuals, it can be contracted by more than those means.
Tell me 10 famous persons non-homo/bisexuals who got AIDS

Sinnamon
February 22nd, 2007, 00:59
I dont hate gays, but the Bible DOES say that its wrong to be gay....

rawfodog
February 22nd, 2007, 01:00
hate is the way life cause the world needs hate to survive it all comes down to the universal balance of Good and Evil, like in the last couple of years there has been a unbalance with Good and Evil, just think about it when the US invaded Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people and the fate turn around dealt a few blows to the USA like natural disasters witch were quite small.By the way i'm a pacifist until the only thing left is to go to war.

orochi-x
February 22nd, 2007, 01:02
hate is the way life cause the world needs hate to survive it all comes down to the universal balance of Good and Evil, like in the last couple of years there has been a unbalance with Good and Evil, just think about it when the US invaded Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people and the fate turn around dealt a few blows to the USA like natural disasters witch were quite small.By the way i'm a pacifist until the only thing left is to go to war.

Dude! Are you talkin' 'bout karma?

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 01:03

I'm going to try to be as civilized as possible on this, but saying you don't like gays is like saying you don't like a certain race or group of people, basically condemning a group because you don't share their views.

Anyways, lets keep this a nice debate. I just wanted to share my opinion.

edit: And again, I think comparing gay people to a cancer cell is just like saying asians are a plague. Just because they can't reproduce doesn't make them a burden to society. Homosexuality has been going on for ages, even since the Hellenistic times (look at the recent Alexander the Great movie).

My freind i didnt say it was about making babies i was saying the way gays are attracted are totally wrong, women and men are meant to be together

what could you say if the world was gay and lesbian

where would YOU come from?

this would lead to the extinction of the human race thats why theres the two seperate groups of men and female

a key and a lock i mean really, keys with keys and locks with locks dont work my freind thats why we put keys with locks so we can keep on going

Now the view of men with men is totally wrong, culture itself isnt wrong, as we humans really cant explain why we exist, we choose to follow what we believe in

but when you beilieve in gayness a thing that only happens when humans choose to do so "look at animals, their not gay they dont have the freedom of choice as we do"

I could say some cultures are wrong because what they do is totally against the human nature of a human being, thus i say gayness is something i frown upon, and i still do

I say its all about why we all try to exist, why we eat , why we dress , why we take dumps in the toilet its something that governs our life! its the law of nature is what we all abide by to keep us alive!

if you dont eat, youll die , if you do not want to dress what will keep you warm? if you take a dump sooner or later what is going to happen!

and if you dont have sex with a woman, and decide to do it with men you have no child! and people dont have couples, it was bad luck thats why all of us have to take that chance

are YOU saying you dont want to exist?

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 01:11
They can adopt, since they will act like a normal couple.

What I meant by that was this.

AIDS is contracted to anyone regardless of sexual preference, meaning just because your straight doesn't mean you won't contract AIDS from a partner who could've been sleeping around. You can't just restrict AIDS to one group of people.

I'm just saying, why can't they have equal rights?
Also, just specific to the United States, we believe that Church and State should be seperate - meaning, anyone has freedom to religion and practice that religion.

edit: Really, the probability of that happening is so slim. You're stating a hypothetical to what might happen after Civil Unions is legalized, but I really disagree that once its legalized, everyone will turn gay and humanity will stop. Civil Unions is just a small things to ensure that gay people have similar rights, like hospital visitation rights and tax breaks. And honestly, the assumption that humanity would not be able to survive is, IMO, very unrealistic, improbably, and irrational.

rawfodog
February 22nd, 2007, 01:12
yo orochi-x i think i just got carried away typing or maybe was about karma but i mean everything i ever say or do in life. Have your ever tried Salvia it is wicked trippyness better then marjuna cause it is legal nearly everywhere in uk and ireland so anyone know of any stores in ireland that sell it.

alienanthropologist
February 22nd, 2007, 01:16
I've got to say, I really feel even more ignorant than those homophobes above... I didn't realise there were people left who still held such backward and discriminatory views.

That gays are all flamboyant and typically have AIDs? God, what world to these people live in? Do they also think that black slavery should be reinstated and women's rights taken aback?

No wonder this world is the way it is when people who think like you still exist. Your views are neither valid nor respectable. They are plainly abhorrent.

I'm glad I don't know anyone like you.

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 01:20
I've got to say, I really feel even more ignorant than those homophobes above... I didn't realise there were people left who still held such backward and discriminatory views.

That gays are all flamboyant and typically have AIDs? God, what world to these people live in? Do they also think that black slavery should be reinstated and women's rights taken aback?

No wonder this world is the way it is when people who think like you still exist. Your views are neither valid nor respectable. They are plainly abhorrent.

Thank you very much. I wholeheartedly agree that these generalizations are very discrimnatory and stereotypical.

I just think we all should keep an open mind. I do honestly respect your opinions all of you, and go on with a civilized debate. ^_^

p.s. also, if this thread gets to heated, mods are free to close. I understand it may be seen as a big issue by some people.

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 01:28

do you think i think black slavery should be reinstated or womans right taken aback? no. what i say here is the best for all of us, we all have the right to live, but we dont have the right to go against whatever we want because its there, or because we "like it" thus thats why black slavery was destroyed and thats why women have rights!

there is a very powerful reason why at first sight, men arent attracted to men, unless the man keeps telling himself that he likes men i really cant explain it, but its there going against it is very stupid, and its something i do NOT agree with!

I dont know what you are trying to protect here

ShoShoKid
February 22nd, 2007, 01:33
right, because two men/women deciding and agreeing to have sex with each other is much more criminal than say murder, or rape.

How about we focus on real criminals? Hmm. The people who actually do shit like molest 5 year old boys, or kill their next door neighbor instead of calling two people who agree to have sex with each other criminals.

There is nothing criminal about being gay, and what about hermaphrodites? Get off your pedestal, and realize you can't force your beliefs on other people. Homosexuals do nothing wrong by performing, anal/oral sex, and this so called "Law of nature" is so flawed, incorrect, and ignorant it's to the point of just being sad & pathetic.

I hate religious people who base every decision they make off of their beliefs in a god.

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 01:34
do you think i think black slavery should be reinstated or womans right taken aback? no. what i say here is the best for all of us, we all have the right to live, but we dont have the right to go against whatever we want because its there, or because we "like it" thus thats why black slavery was destroyed and thats why women have rights!

there is a very powerful reason why at first sight, men arent attracted to men, unless the man keeps telling himself that he likes men i really cant explain it, but its there going against it is very stupid, and its something i do NOT agree with!

I dont know what you are trying to protect here

Trying to protect regular humans who just think differently and are restricted from normal rights from the government. Is that so wrong ;p

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 01:35
Yeah lets talk about salvia. *rolls eyes*

Okay I'm seeing a lot of immature ways to put it.
First of all rawfodog, accusing someone of being gay when they stick up for a certain group is immature and ridiculous. Some people support a certain thing called equality. People from all different races and lifestyles believe in this thing.

Second of all men can have the same attraction to other men that men can have for women. Same goes vice versa. Some might see it as they want to be attracted to other men. They actually see it as a natural thing. Some people are ashamed of it so some people have no choice. I think people have to smarten up and be more accepting. People shouldn't feel any shame about who they are.

Lastly I don't agree with making an image in your mind that shows a world full of homosexuals and bisexuals. This is far from reality. There will always be straight people producing and there will always be homosexuals who are in couples. Just because there are homosexuals doesn't mean that the world will overflow with them.

This whole thing brings up another thing. I'd love to clothesline that scientist that said homosexuality is a defect and needs to be cured.

Homosexuals are all human beings. Looking down on them as a disease or unnatural is the real issue that should be frowned upon.

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 01:37
right, because two men/women deciding and agreeing to have sex with each other is much more criminal than say murder, or rape.

How about we focus on real criminals? Hmm. The people who actually do shit like molest 5 year old boys, or kill their next door neighbor instead of calling two people who agree to have sex with each other criminals.

There is nothing criminal about being gay, and what about hermaphrodites? Get off your pedestal, and realize you can't force your beliefs on other people. Homosexuals do nothing wrong by performing, anal/oral sex, and this so called "Law of nature" is so flawed, incorrect, and ignorant it's to the point of just being sad & pathetic.

I hate religious people who base every decision they make off of their beliefs in a god.

Do you have an idea of what a metaphor or a simile is my freind? yes you take it literally

i do not force beliefs on anyone, what you try to say is humans can do whatever they want, well yeah thats why there are criminals and rapists and potsmokers

Yeah, we should have rights for them to right? we should rights for something is totally wrong right?

i mean, it isnt bad to rape kids, its just state of mind

yes thats what YOU are saying

Now...homosexuality is big time out of the nature, as with child molesters and such they all need to be corrected!

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 01:40
This whole thing brings up another thing. I'd love to clothesline that scientist that said homosexuality is a defect and needs to be cured.

Hehe, lol.

edit: Tetris: You seem to misunderstand. Raping is harming another person. What harm is homosexuality doing. Unless it physically hurts another human being, such as rape, consensual relations of love should be legalized. It seems your diction and use of the word criminal may be a bit flawed there to be fair.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 01:41
What I meant by that was this.

AIDS is contracted to anyone regardless of sexual preference, meaning just because your straight doesn't mean you won't contract AIDS from a partner who could've been sleeping around. You can't just restrict AIDS to one group of people.

I'm just saying, why can't they have equal rights?
Also, just specific to the United States, we believe that Church and State should be seperate - meaning, anyone has freedom to religion and practice that religion.

edit: Really, the probability of that happening is so slim. You're stating a hypothetical to what might happen after Civil Unions is legalized, but I really disagree that once its legalized, everyone will turn gay and humanity will stop. Civil Unions is just a small things to ensure that gay people have similar rights, like hospital visitation rights and tax breaks. And honestly, the assumption that humanity would not be able to survive is, IMO, very unrealistic, improbably, and irrational.

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 01:41
Trying to protect regular humans who just think differently and are restricted from normal rights from the government. Is that so wrong ;p

please elaborate, i didnt really get what you said

Tetris999
February 22nd, 2007, 01:43
Yeah lets talk about salvia. *rolls eyes*

Okay I'm seeing a lot of immature ways to put it.
First of all rawfodog, accusing someone of being gay when they stick up for a certain group is immature and ridiculous. Some people support a certain thing called equality. People from all different races and lifestyles believe in this thing.

Second of all men can have the same attraction to other men that men can have for women. Same goes vice versa. Some might see it as they want to be attracted to other men. They actually see it as a natural thing. Some people are ashamed of it so some people have no choice. I think people have to smarten up and be more accepting. People shouldn't feel any shame about who they are.

Lastly I don't agree with making an image in your mind that shows a world full of homosexuals and bisexuals. This is far from reality. There will always be straight people producing and there will always be homosexuals who are in couples. Just because there are homosexuals doesn't mean that the world will overflow with them.

Homosexuals are all human beings. Looking down on them as a disease or unnatural is the real issue that should be frowned upon.

So youre saying the people who are out of the ordinary who kill murder and rape should be treated nice too? they are humans you know maybe we should treat them like equals too

SpicyTempura
February 22nd, 2007, 01:46

I'm sorry, but I'm not very familiar with pop-culture or which celebrity has which disease because I don't pay attention to them that much. I can likely ask the same question and ask you to name 10 homosexual famous people who have aids, but that isn't quite necessary. The point I was trying to make is that gay people aren't the only ones who have AIDS. Plus, if you do know 10 famous homosexual who do have aids, that only shows you know pop-culture much better than I do.

edit: and no, I'm not saying those who kill and rape should be set free. I'm saying those who dont harm anyone and are still homosexual are fine.

Hey everyone, I'm out, going downtown to L.A. in a sec. The debate was fun, don't get too heated!

cheers! ^_^

oh yeah, hooray for daedalus r9!! wish i could download it now!! dyarnit...

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 01:49
I don't think you get the point. Equality means that all races and lifestyles are treated the same. That means they get the same rights and they get punished the same. There could be a rapist from any race. Same goes for any other sort of crime. Equality doesn't mean everyone should be treated nice. It means everyone should be treated equal.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 02:04
I can likely ask the same question and ask you to name 10 homosexual famous people who have aids, but that isn't quite necessary.

Amanda Blake
Ian Charleson
Leonard Frey
Denholm Elliott
Anthony Perkins
Leonard Matlovich
Michael Jeter
Dack Rambo
Robert Reed
Tony Richardson

Now tell me 10 non-homo/bisexual persons who died of/got AIDS

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 02:34
Why does it matter. Its a fact that people that aren't homosexual can get aids too.

ShoShoKid
February 22nd, 2007, 03:36
Wow dude, either you are really that ignorant or you are just grasping at straws. Nowhere in my post did I indicate that raping people was OK (in fact I said the contrary), and to compare homosexuals to real criminals is just insane.

Rape is, as previously mentioned by Spicy, is doing harm to another human being. As is also the case with molestation.

We shouldn't treat criminals well, but we do. They are given more rights than the victim due to this countries pathetic justice system.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 03:49
Why does it matter. Its a fact that people that aren't homosexual can get aids too.

Yes, in blood tranfusion. But it happens very few times lately, and it's in a poor and ugly hospital. Did you see this problem in 00's?
And to SpicyTempura, answer what I said, post the list.

ShoShoKid
February 22nd, 2007, 04:12
Yes, in blood tranfusion. But it happens very few times lately, and it's in a poor and ugly hospital. Did you see this problem in 00's?
And to SpicyTempura, answer what I said, post the list.
Wow, you just don't get it do you? You need to take health class again as HIV aids can be transmitted through any contact of bodily fluids. Here is a quick read through as you clearly don't understand what you are talking about, http://www.sfaf.org/aids101/transmission.html

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 04:27
I'm not going to touch the std debate because I never really payed attention to the disease that much. But still why does it matter. If you have aids you have aids. Straights and homosexuals have it.

I guess it doesn't matter either way.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 04:38
Wow, you just don't get it do you? You need to take health class again as HIV aids can be transmitted through any contact of bodily fluids. Here is a quick read through as you clearly don't understand what you are talking about, http://www.sfaf.org/aids101/transmission.html
I never had sex with a prostitute. Again, few people got AIDS in this way.

I'm not going to touch the std debate because I never really payed attention to the disease that much. But still why does it matter. If you have aids you have aids. Straights and homosexuals have it.

I guess it doesn't matter either way.

The point is most of the people with AIDS are homo/bisexuals

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 04:52
I guess in that case you're right. It has infected homosexuals more then other groups. But its mostly gay men who get this. They could be better educated to reduce the number of infections. Men have to learn a lot more about their sex life if they're homosexual. This might be confusing if they recently found out that they aren't straight and they just started experimenting. Of course this isn't always true. There's a lot of careful knowledgeable people that have sex with the same gender.

ShoShoKid
February 22nd, 2007, 04:59
JKKdark, here is the deal. Straight people are just as vulnerable to HIV as homosexuals. HIV is blood borne, and any activity that exposed your blood to the secretions of another person will increase your risk, such as IV drug use and sex. Maybe the reason it seems the majority of people with HIV are men is because unprotected anal sex is a huge risk due to the abrasions that are caused.

RibStabsHeart
February 22nd, 2007, 06:25
The reason why AIDS has affected gay men more than other groups is due to the obvious fact about condoms. Why do 90% of people wear condoms? So that they don't have chidren. Another interesting thing that you may have learned in sex class (aside from the fact that AIDS is spread through blood and bodily fluids such as vaginal secretions and semen) is that anal sex does not yield children! Since gay men do not have the obvious need for a condom as much as straight men do, more of them have unprotected sex with casual partners than straight men do. This leads to a gay man's higher chance of contracting AIDS than a straight man, just due to the fact that they don't absolutely NEED a condom as much as straight men do.

As for straight men that have died from AIDS, the death is absolutely irrelevent. Anyone who has constracted it is sufficient, so lets start a list of that.
(Note that AIDS is not a reason for death: it simply knocks the white blood cells out of commission so that minor things such as the common cold can kill you due to a lack of white cells to fight off the virii. So people do not DIE from aids, they die from its effects on their immune system).

I know for sure that rapper Eazy-E died from complications from AIDS. And likewise, Magic Johnson contracted AIDS , but has been able to keep it controlled and almost cured due to his immense wealth and ability to afford drugs.

Thats two off the top of my head, lets continue on with this list.

Also, please note that the media tried to portray AIDS as a "gay disease" for quite some time, so many straight people that had it and died from it may have been said to have been killed from the flu, rather than AIDS (in order to not have the stigma of dying from a incorrectly named "gay virus"). Just something to think about.

souLLy
February 22nd, 2007, 07:53
I read this recently. It's relevant to this thread so I'll post it here:

Ten Reasons Gay Marriage Is (And Should Remain) Illegal

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, prosthetics, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the Internet, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Amethyst
February 22nd, 2007, 08:17
The reason why AIDS has affected gay men more than other groups is due to the obvious fact about condoms. Why do 90% of people wear condoms? So that they don't have chidren. Another interesting thing that you may have learned in sex class (aside from the fact that AIDS is spread through blood and bodily fluids such as vaginal secretions and semen) is that anal sex does not yield children! Since gay men do not have the obvious need for a condom as much as straight men do, more of them have unprotected sex with casual partners than straight men do. This leads to a gay man's higher chance of contracting AIDS than a straight man, just due to the fact that they don't absolutely NEED a condom as much as straight men do.

NO! AIDS THINKS AND TARGETS GAYS! IT LIKES STRAIGHT PEOPLE AND HATES GAYS!

Just kidding.

The above quote reflects my belief on why homosexuals may have a higher rate of HIV contractions and develop AIDS. It's not that God hates them or that the "unnatural" beings that are homosexuals are the target of HIV. No, they are just careless because there is no consequence of unwanted pregnancy with same sex intercourse.

Perhaps homosexuality is unnatural. Perhaps it does go against human nature. But let me ask you something, are you living naturally yourselves? Do you eat factory sealed foods, watch television, drive a car, or argued with someone that may not even exist via someone's digital idea? Hypocrisy! Our entire lifestyle is unnatural. To call out homosexuals while the obese, the 90 year old seniors, the persons with prosthetic limbs, and men of science and government are allowed their way of life is to split hairs.

And this "human nature", what is it? Please tell me the facts, not philosophy.

So youre saying the people who are out of the ordinary who kill murder and rape should be treated nice too? they are humans you know maybe we should treat them like equals too

But these people have taken something from someone else. They've violated the rights of another person. Has a homosexual ever forced you to be gay? Has he ever taken your personal heterosexuality away? Child molesters, they take advantage of a child's feeble and impressionable mind. That's why it's not right. Murderers take the lives of people while rapists are violating one's security. Bullies prey on the weak and take their pride, bigots take away freedoms, and spies take our privacy. What has a homosexual taken from you? What will he take from you? Your children? No, your children will be there. They wont take them from you, it will be you who refuses them for what they are. You will sacrifice them for nothing.

They should be punished for their misdeeds but their humanity should not be removed.

Now...homosexuality is big time out of the nature, as with child molesters and such they all need to be corrected!

Sieg Heil!:rofl:

EDIT: Since I'm bored I'll do another quote.

this would lead to the extinction of the human race thats why theres the two seperate groups of men and female

Don't worry, we're nowhere close to extinction. Even if half the population were gay, I guarantee you, the human race would still thrive. Overpopulation is our biggest and least recognized problems. If anything, homosexuality is doing us a favor. Anyways, by the time homosexuals take over the world, the Y chromosome will be out of commission (http://www.exitmundi.nl/giggle.htm). :p

I dont hate gays, but the Bible DOES say that its wrong to be gay....

If only had a Bible at hand and I were willing to take a few hours to go through it, we could play "Bible Sez".

Amiga
February 22nd, 2007, 09:29
"look at animals, their not gay they dont have the freedom of choice as we do"

Actually most groups of animals hav gays in them,apes,dogs,cats etc.....

Its perfectly natural to be gay whether your a ape,dog or a human.

I think the religious biggots have crawled from under their rocks in this debate.

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 13:39
Haha soully. I got a good laugh about that. And thats all true. zit also brings up points I hadn't thought about.

J_Villa1983
February 22nd, 2007, 14:11
"look at animals, their not gay they dont have the freedom of choice as we do"

Actually most groups of animals hav gays in them,apes,dogs,cats etc.....

Its perfectly natural to be gay whether your a ape,dog or a human.

I think the religious biggots have crawled from under their rocks in this debate.

So, than your comparing humanity to apes and dogs? I happen to think that humanity greater than the both. I dont necessairly agree with the homosexual lifestyle but I'll let them be and let a higher power deal with people rather than creating my own judgements. Oh and I am religious and not a biggot, where is no place in the bible does it say kill people who are gay. It says the greatest commandments of all are "love the lord thy god" and "honor your fellow man". This is in matthew when Jesus is asked about which commandment is the greatest of all. Even if homosexuality is preeched as wrong in the Bible, it doesnt mean that we need to kill them all or "correct them" as we do common criminals. Let them do what they do.. its their life.

and just because I happen to belive that they have a right to what they do in the bedroom, this doesnt mean that I agree with the idea of giving them marrige. I still believe we should reatain tridition and keep it between a man and a woman and even that I believe should be more regulated (First thing I would get rid of would be the stupid vegas weddings). If Homosexuals want to create something of their own, thats fine, let them. "Let what cesars be cesars, and what gods be gods."

oh.. to the person that says i'm a "rat" and must be gay myself. I'm not. I try to see the person behind the label. When picking my friends I dont look at religion or lack there of, if they're hetero or not or if there of a different race than me. I look at the person and the quality of that person rather than specific labels. Life is too short to hate on people for bullshit reasons.

-JV

EDIT:

this is to the person that wanted to know 10 famous people that were hetero that have gotten aids/died from aids. You can add these to the list: Easy E and Magic Johnson.

R4mbo
February 22nd, 2007, 15:31
The Article is stupid and the reactions from the gay community is stupid. Why dont they just all stfu?

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 16:12
this is to the person that wanted to know 10 famous people that were hetero that have gotten aids/died from aids. You can add these to the list: Easy E and Magic Johnson.

so? he got aids before 1991. I know there are very few non homo/bisexual people who get aids. But tell me 9 more, and after 2000.

souLLy
February 22nd, 2007, 16:51
so? he got aids before 1991. I know there are very few non homo/bisexual people who get aids. But tell me 9 more, and after 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_pandemic
It's an estimated 25 million people who have died from Aids now, I think we can say there's a good chance that at lease 10 of them were straight don't you?

Glad we've cleared that up then.

Sonny_Jim
February 22nd, 2007, 16:51
Why do they have to be after 2000? Is that when the Special Gay form of AIDS was doing the rounds?
Actually, I'll give you one hetero person, so that makes 8 left to get:

Nkosi Johnson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nkosi_Johnson) (February 4, 1989 - June 1, 2001) was a South African child victim of HIV/AIDS, who made a powerful impact on public perceptions of the pandemic and its effects before his death at the age of 12.

What really amazed me is the small mindedness of this board (well, not everybody). I know it's to be expected as it's a younger crowd that hang around here, but Jesus! I thought that the youg'uns nowadays are a lot better educated about living with peoples sexual orientation than in the past.

Oh and for the record, very few non homo/bisexual get HIV/AIDS? How the f8ck do you work that one out? From http://www.avert.org/worldstats.htm

The number of people living with HIV has risen from around 8 million in 1990 to nearly 40 million today, and is still growing. Around 63% of people living with HIV are in sub-Saharan Africa.

So there's a massive Gay scene in Africa by your reckoning?

Ok, lets forget about Africa (like everybody does) and focus on the west. It USED to be true (back in the late 80's early 90's) that there was more new cases of HIV/AIDS in the homosexual demographic, but that has changed due to education. I think you'll find that more new cases of HIV/AIDS are occuring in hetero relationships, as they don't see it as a threat as the media have been pushing HIV/AIDS as a Gay Only disease for so long.

From 2000 to 2005 in the USA, the estimated number of new AIDS cases increased in all racial/ethnic groups. Over the same period, the estimated number of new AIDS diagnoses increased by 17% among women and by 16% among men. The number of new cases probably due to heterosexual contact grew by 42%; cases probably due to sex between men grew by 24%; and the number among injecting drug users fell by less than 1%.

You see? The number of new cases of non-homosexual HIV/AIDS are rising much faster than Man-on-Man. The sad fact is that most people see it as a 'Gay' disease due to people believing what they are told by the little glowing box in the corner.

Bah, there's no point in even bothering.....

/me wishes there wasn't so many Fred Phelps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_phelps) on this forum

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 17:11
I don't give a fcuk about AIDS. I don't have sex with prostitutes, I never needed a blood transfusion and I'm not african. None of the normal people I know here on my city had AIDS. Only ***s get AIDS.
What's your point with the mindedness? I'm 19 and there are a lot of people here between 18 and 35.
And thanks for adding another one to the list. I hope you don't have in mind only african people.

Christuserloeser
February 22nd, 2007, 17:14
I don't give a fcuk about AIDS. I don't have sex with prostitutes, I never needed a blood transfusion and I'm not african. None of the normal people I know here on my city had AIDS. Only ***s get AIDS.

Interesting. What's your problem ?

Sonny_Jim
February 22nd, 2007, 17:19
Only ***s get AIDS?
Jesus christ,
from http://www.avert.org/usastatg.htm:

Estimated adult and adolescent HIV diagnoses in 2005 by exposure category (33 states only)

Male-to-male sexual contact: 18,722
heterosexual contact: 12,219

Next?

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 17:28
Interesting. What's your problem ?

I don't see where's the problem. It was an answer to Sonny_Jim.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 17:33
Only ***s get AIDS?
Jesus christ,
from http://www.avert.org/usastatg.htm:

Next?

That's not my problem.

souLLy
February 22nd, 2007, 18:54
That's not my problem.

For something that's not your problem you seem to have a lot to say about the disease.

Mr. Shizzy
February 22nd, 2007, 19:07
Wow. This thread is ridiculous...

Tetris (& others): Your opinion is ignorant. I don't think being gay is something GOD intended, but to each there own. Who are we to judge?

JKDark: What does famous people who got aids have to do with the actual AIDS statistics in the world? Your not gonna hear about most celebs who get AIDS. I'm sure it's not something most people brag about... (especially celebs)

It's scary to see so much hate in the world...
I'm not gay. But I know gay people.I believe in the phrase
"It doesn't matter what I do, as long as I bring no harm to you"

C'mon man... We got people in here dehumanizing other human beings. That's not cool.

RibStabsHeart
February 22nd, 2007, 19:19
What is the average age on here? 12? It seems like there are far too many people on here that can't accept other peoples ideas, and work on coexisting, rather than existing with hatred. It just reminds me too much of little 10 year olds that simply listen to their stepfathers that treat Fox News as the Bible (rather than just their interpretation of it).

Okay, maybe thats just my stepfather, but you get the point. The ignorance in this thread is painful.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 19:21
For something that's not your problem you seem to have a lot to say about the disease.

The cancellation of Shenmue 2 (DC) on the US is not my problem but I have a lot to say; The dead of grunge bands in the mid 90's is not my problem but I have a lot to say.
Your post makes no sense, souLLy.

souLLy
February 22nd, 2007, 19:28
The cancellation of Shenmue 2 (DC) on the US is not my problem but I have a lot to say; The dead of grunge bands in the mid 90's is not my problem but I have a lot to say.
Your post makes no sense, souLLy.

You've said in this thread that it's not your problem and you don't 'give a fcuk' about aids, yet you've posted in the thread a dozen times. That makes no sense to me.

Why do you feel so intimidated by the existence of gay people?

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 19:45
You've said in this thread that it's not your problem and you don't 'give a fcuk' about aids, yet you've posted in the thread a dozen times. That makes no sense to me.

Why do you feel so intimidated by the existence of gay people?

Again, you can say the same for the other two points and more.

souLLy
February 22nd, 2007, 20:17
Again, you can say the same for the other two points and more.

No the other two points are things you DO care about it seems.

VampDude
February 22nd, 2007, 20:59
I can see that a BAN will made shortly by souLLy! lol :D

alienanthropologist
February 22nd, 2007, 21:24
Angela Merkel should also go ahead with a ban. I thought they'd got rid of the rubbish in Germany long ago. Obviously I was mistaken.

ShoShoKid
February 22nd, 2007, 21:54
That's not my problem.
LOL, man you are so desperate to be right in argument there is no chance of winning.

-=me=-
February 22nd, 2007, 22:06
seriously, whats the problem with being gay?
1) its genetic
2) its not their fault
3) they're not any worse than "playas or pimps"

so what if they are different, ignorant catholics dont rule the world.

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 22:23
They are a lot better then players a pimps since gays and players and pimps are three separate things. You're right about a lot of the time its not their fault.

But this debate has turned around. Its sort of now an attack on certain users.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 22:37
1) its genetic
2) its not their fault
Prove it

No the other two points are things you DO care about it seems.
Do you know what this topic is about?

Christuserloeser
February 22nd, 2007, 22:37
Do you know what this topic is about?

I completely fail to see what AIDS has to do with gay people beeing under-represented in video games.

In addition I also fail to see what your problem with gay people is when at the same time you are a fan of Glam Metal and gay bands like Judas Priest.

Also in a last attempt to correct your entirely wrong stereotypical myth of how the AIDS virus does spread I'd like to quote ShoShoKid:

JKKdark, here is the deal. Straight people are just as vulnerable to HIV as homosexuals. HIV is blood borne, and any activity that exposed your blood to the secretions of another person will increase your risk, such as IV drug use and sex. Maybe the reason it seems the majority of people with HIV are men is because unprotected anal sex is a huge risk due to the abrasions that are caused.

A good explanation for the perception as to why AIDS seem to be a "gay desease" was posted by RibStabsHeart:

As for straight men that have died from AIDS, the death is absolutely irrelevent. Anyone who has constracted it is sufficient, so lets start a list of that.
(Note that AIDS is not a reason for death: it simply knocks the white blood cells out of commission so that minor things such as the common cold can kill you due to a lack of white cells to fight off the virii. So people do not DIE from aids, they die from its effects on their immune system).

I know for sure that rapper Eazy-E died from complications from AIDS. And likewise, Magic Johnson contracted AIDS , but has been able to keep it controlled and almost cured due to his immense wealth and ability to afford drugs.

Thats two off the top of my head, lets continue on with this list.

Also, please note that the media tried to portray AIDS as a "gay disease" for quite some time, so many straight people that had it and died from it may have been said to have been killed from the flu, rather than AIDS (in order to not have the stigma of dying from a incorrectly named "gay virus"). Just something to think about.

In order to prevent further gay bashing I will close this thread now. devdj and Tetris999 have been banned. We don't need people like them spamming our forums. Please feel free to continue your discussions about your problems with homosexuality or why you don't have a problem with AIDS in our offtopic forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=46).