PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R9 - Rejoice! - Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP Released

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 01:30
new release via strmnnrmn (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/) of his Nintendo 64 Emulator for the PSP.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/mario64works.JPG

Heres what StrmnNrmn had to say-

I've been working hard making the last few changes for Daedalus R9, and I'm pleased to say that it's now ready for download

I've talked a bit about what's in this release, so I'll not repeat everything here. Here's a summary though:

* Faster
* New UI
* Audio
* Various graphical fixes

Please note - as audio support is very much 'beta' at the moment, it's disabled by default. You can enable the setting either in the front-end, or from the pause menu.

Please also note: To keep the distribution size down, I've not included any 'preview' pictures for the rom selector alongside the emulator. You can download and extract the 'Extras' file above for a few sample previews. It should be easy enough for people to create their own preview pictures - see the readme.txt for more details.

That's about it for now. Please post comments with any immediate feedback. I'm going to be a bit busy for a few days (and then I'm off skiing on Sunday for a week), but I'll try to reply to as many questions as I can in the meantime. I'll also try to get the ball rolling with my initial thoughts on stuff I want to do for R10.

Enjoy,
-StrmnNrmn

Help Spread the Word of this excellent release

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Daedalus_R9_Rejoice_New_n64_emulator_for_the_psp

Add to and check out our Daedalus Compatability List (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/emulators-for-psp-23616.html)
Download and give feedback via comment

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 01:32
Sorry mikebeaver, i had to post it correctly. I uploaded all the downloads and such........

This is great news! :)

scarph
February 22nd, 2007, 01:32
Yay, it runs great
Audios a little ify,
but good fps :)

Mr. Shizzy
February 22nd, 2007, 01:33
Holy Batstuff Batman !!

Awesome work StrmnNrmn :D
The update is appreciated more than you will ever know. :D

scarph
February 22nd, 2007, 01:33
mario runs nearly full speed with no sound

scarph
February 22nd, 2007, 01:36
27 solid fps in the castle

mikebeaver
February 22nd, 2007, 01:41
Sorry mikebeaver, i had to post it correctly. I uploaded all the downloads and such........

This is great news! :)

No worries dude, if I could have put the files on I would have, but I don't have that kind of access.
I'm just pleased that it's finally here.

EvilDooinz
February 22nd, 2007, 01:43
awsome news thanks guys

thefanaticgamer
February 22nd, 2007, 01:43
oh boy .... sound amazing!!!! i love it!!!

edit... that was sound amazing as in sound.... wow that is amazing opposed to no sound

mcvader
February 22nd, 2007, 01:45
wow it's here!!, thanks norman, this is better than christmas! no time to post I've gotta try this out :D

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 01:46
Someone try paper mario. I hope wally hurrys and make a compatibility list. Actually ill make one now......

bungalow340
February 22nd, 2007, 01:49
i think i just had an orgasm over this... ooh... there it is. great work strmnnrmn and thanks for releasing the source code like i asked on your blog :D

-=me=-
February 22nd, 2007, 01:50
Starfox on PSP!! With Sound!! Yes!!!
it worked great on r8, cant wait to try this out!

DragonPimpsta
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i get post 12.. i feel special.. if this dont get over 50 comments somethings wrong..

Gizmo356
This is amazing nearly full speed on mario kart 64 with sound disabled.

Shadowblind
Hexen and Goldeneye dont load. Quake, Zelda OOT and Master Quest dont get into game. Super Mario 64 works nicely.

thefanaticgamer
February 22nd, 2007, 01:52
i dont know christmas was pretty good too(popstation)

does anyone know any games that run faster?

mfz64
This is awesome!!!!!!!! woot!!!!!!

zevende
Someone try paper mario. I hope wally hurrys and make a compatibility list. Actually ill make one now......
Doesn't work. Freezes when prompted "File name is: *** OK?"

xxcolbyxx
February 22nd, 2007, 01:56
Is anyone else playing OOT yet? Ive noticed that some of the textures aren't working, ie Temple of Time, and the 3 Stones in the building are grey.

Besides that, awesome FPS increase. Thanks!!

sroon
February 22nd, 2007, 01:59
i think i just had an orgasm over this... ooh... there it is. great work strmnnrmn and thanks for releasing the source code like i asked on your blog :D

lol i had a huuuge orgasm ask Wally lol...
well... im in my lil boys room at work... on my bosses laptop skipping work with a diry magazene to keep it real but 1 thing...im on the can and im outa tp:(
lol great release:)
( O ) ( O );)

Kvonx
February 22nd, 2007, 02:04
should b GUD!!!!!!

ICE
February 22nd, 2007, 02:04
wally get to work!!!

troom
February 22nd, 2007, 02:08
i cant get this to work on 3.10cf tryed the 1.5 and the 1.0 one boots but when you get to the menu cant do $hite then psp crashes some one help

dlowings
February 22nd, 2007, 02:08
Sweet, I have it loaded on OE and it works good. Keep up the good work, and don't give up ! I like how sound is disabled by default, I think the MAIN focus needs to be 90 % on speed 10 on sound. Im running mario kart and it IS running a little faster then R8.. You da Man !!!

bobjebob
February 22nd, 2007, 02:12
I have the frimware ''3.03 OE-C'' and as I daedalus start then get I a blue screen with a black subject and at the bottom of the alphabet and at the top the text: global settings, roms and rom settings. only can I nothing do, and then the psp self shut down. what the problem?

sorry for my bad English, I am a dutchman.

DragonPimpsta
February 22nd, 2007, 02:13
banjo kazooie is kind of slow.. but from last time i played it the graphics are like 100% better... havent seen any problems

troom
February 22nd, 2007, 02:13
Sweet, I have it loaded on OE and it works good. Keep up the good work, and don't give up ! I like how sound is disabled by default, I think the MAIN focus needs to be 90 % on speed 10 on sound. Im running mario kart and it IS running a little faster then R8.. You da Man !!!
are you on 3.10cf or 3.03cf did you disabled any thing to make it work or is there a spicific way you have to use the menu to get this to work.

xxcolbyxx
February 22nd, 2007, 02:15
Starfox on PSP!! With Sound!! Yes!!!
it worked great on r8, cant wait to try this out!

Were you able to get past the introduction in the first mission where they are all checking their planes before they go off? Normally, on the N64 you push start to skip it, but it doesn't seem to work in this.

DeleterX
February 22nd, 2007, 02:16
Well it works with..... 5 of my games mario Work peacefuly and zelda..... "Works" :D

dlowings
February 22nd, 2007, 02:16
Im on 3.03 OE and I loaded it in the 150 Dir. The only change I made was to the file names, and this is NOT something that needs to be done.

dlowings
February 22nd, 2007, 02:19
Opps, all was well until I pressed HOME, then it locked up the PSP....

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 22nd, 2007, 02:22
awesome, ps1 and n64.....the psp is everything

spdrman8
February 22nd, 2007, 02:22
DONT LOAD
Hexen
Goldeneye
Donkey kong 64
Crusin Usa
Conkers bad fur day

MENUS ONLY
Quake,
Master Quest

PLAYABLE
Mario 64
Star Fox
Paper Mario
Mario kart

STILL SLOW
Zelda OOT

mcvader
February 22nd, 2007, 02:25
Some results:

StarWars Ep1 Racer: Dosn't load
C&C: Dosn't load
Goldeneye: Dosn't load
Mario64: works, big speed up
MarioKart: works, big speed up
ZeldaOOT: works, big speed up (village runs at 7-9fps)
Killer Instinct Gold: gets to title screen, won't register button input
StarCraft64: Dosn't load
Super Smash Bro's: Intro runs at over 40fps, hangs after title screen
Holy Magic 64/Quest 64: works, big speed up, with sound runs at 10-20fps!

some more,

South Park: Dosn't load
Starfox: works, in game at 15-20fps
Mortal Kombat 4: takes a long time to load, missing textures, runs at 6-10fps
Mortal Kombat Trilogy: Works, plays at 17-20fps fighters are black silloettes
PilotWings:loads, no 3D tho
Body Harvest: Dosn't load
Doom64:works 5-6fps, no textures, sprites messed up (not playable)
ExtremeG: Works, in game fps at 6-9
Quake64: works, 2-4fps in game, lots of clipping issues

Ihavenolife
February 22nd, 2007, 02:28
Dear Strmnrmn...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

hack.fool
February 22nd, 2007, 02:29
ah ah ah
yes yes
thank you strmnnrmn...waiting for this so long...
when I'm totally wake up I'll try it out

Emeriastone
February 22nd, 2007, 02:31
Cool!

Released ahead of expectations!

NJisMYhome
February 22nd, 2007, 02:34
I Need Some Help, I Made Two New Folders, Deadalus And Deadalus%, I Took The Two Eboots And Put Them In The Right Folder(the Bigger Sized Eboot Goes In Daedalus, And The Smaller In Daedalus%) I Put The Daedalus.ini In The Daedalus Folder, And Wen I Play It The Gui Shows The Name Of The Games In A White Glitch As Well As The Game Menu, Any Help Is Appreciated......

alucard001
February 22nd, 2007, 02:37
wtf did my other comments get deleted or what?

xg917
February 22nd, 2007, 02:38
today is greatt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im lovin it!

drew4237
February 22nd, 2007, 02:41
this is awesome, i have been waiting for this ever since i heard he was working on it again. Downloading it now but im sure it is awesome.

Streetz
February 22nd, 2007, 02:45
This is for Nintendo 64 right?

baracki96
February 22nd, 2007, 02:46
Wow, this is some amazing progress, especially as the psp and n64 are so different. I tip my hat to you, STRNMM.

NJisMYhome
February 22nd, 2007, 02:48
I Need Some Help, I Made Two New Folders, Deadalus And Deadalus%, I Took The Two Eboots And Put Them In The Right Folder(the Bigger Sized Eboot Goes In Daedalus, And The Smaller In Daedalus%) I Put The Daedalus.ini In The Daedalus Folder, And Wen I Play It The Gui Shows The Name Of The Games In A White Glitch As Well As The Game Menu, Any Help Is Appreciated......

ebitiba
February 22nd, 2007, 02:48
For All Those Having Trouble With 3.10oa-try Formatting Your Mem. Card. It Worked For Me!!

xxcolbyxx
February 22nd, 2007, 02:53

You're doing a lot more work than needed my friend. :D If you are using 1.5 or higher, then all you had to do was simply put the daedalus and daedalus% folder under your GAME folder, and if you have 3.03 OE-C, then it goes under GAME150. Your ROMS are in another folder, which i guess the program already detects since my n64rom folder is located in the root.

siulmagic
February 22nd, 2007, 02:55
great job strmn im loving this realase gona test it now

michael chan
February 22nd, 2007, 03:01
NIce work !

someone should combine this with wallys daedalus so the textures would be better and maybe we might get a speedup.

starogre
February 22nd, 2007, 03:01
great! this is a very awesome release and update to this series!

i have a question: can project64 gamesaves work with this? like for example, in the mario 64 water level, it runs really slow on psp because of the lag while swimming....

compatability list
all without sound:

----------------------------------------------

paper mario freezes when i input my name - textures are messed up

super smash bros doesn't make it past the title screen - textures are pretty screwed up

nfl blitz runs pretty slow and textures are messed up

starfox plays smooth, but slower than normal - textures are weird in only a few places

DK64 seems so slow that it freezes on load (black screen)/or it may have frozen, not sure if the emulator menu still worked or not, didn't check - textures don't appear

banjo kazooie runs very slow during movies and very VERY slow during gameplay - textures seem fine

banjo tooie will probably be nearly the same

mario kart 64 runs near full speed - textures appear not right in only minimal places

*weird note is that i was mario, driving on the first track in mushroom cup, i was jumping around and laid a banana peel, jumped some more, ran into bowser, and fell through the track, into gray water, was fished out, and put back on the track

bomberman 64 freezes before start when he picks up the bomb

pokemon snap freezes and shuts off the psp when the N for N64 starts to appear

diddy kong racing ran sorta slow, and no textures appeared at all, so most of the graphics were missing

mario tennis freezes when displaying the N64 logo in the very beginning

super mario 64 runs almost full speed, except for a few places such as swimming in water (the underwater level will be a pain :P )

fifa soccer 64 runs very very slow - didn't go all the way to the game which will probably run even slower, if it loads that is

mario party 3 freezes right when loaded - displays nothing

mario party 1's logo's in the beginning load fast, then the beginning movie runs very slow. at the press start screen, pressing start makes the screen black and freezes

zelda OOT still runs a bit slow, but most, if not all, textures seem to be fine

Quest 64 runs slower than normal but very smooth, tiny clipping/texture issues but almost not noticable

F-Zero X takes a little to load, then runs really fast and duplicates tons of textures in menu. after selecting GP race, it froze the game at 76 fps. when waiting at the start screen, it showed them racing, and a lot of textures were missing and out of place/weird. the movie seemed to run at an ok speed though...

i'll test more later on, these are the ones i tested and had time for. great job strmnnrmn, hopefully the next release can

bring us more games to try out and spread the range of games that make it past the title screen :P

i haven't tried yoshi's story, but that game has all sorts of mixed 2d and 3d textures in it so it's doubtful...

mikebeaver
February 22nd, 2007, 03:06
NIce work !

someone should combine this with wallys daedalus so the textures would be better and maybe we might get a speedup.

well hopefully when Wally has had some time to look at this I'm sure him ad his team will come up with a ew version of "Spiff-up" but until then keep trying out as may games as you can to see what is working and what isn't.

Streetz
February 22nd, 2007, 03:07
I'll be sure to give some a go and report back.

robjanos
February 22nd, 2007, 03:12
God Among Coders And Psp Users!!!

the one and only
February 22nd, 2007, 03:13
:/ now i have to find my psp, any1 tried Kirby 64?
thanks heaps strmn!

bubba421
February 22nd, 2007, 03:16
yesssssss

very nice

ryan2006
February 22nd, 2007, 03:17
thanks norm i never had a n64 i was always a bit of a ps1 fan but this is just a great release theres some really good games i missed out on :D

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2007, 03:20
Yoooo!! Finally it's Out!! Gonna Download this! How about Zelda? Anyone tried...? Bluh..Woo!! I'd been waiting for this release to come out since i saw the big change of speed between R7 - R8. Yay!

starogre
February 22nd, 2007, 03:22
How about Zelda? Anyone tried...?

compatability lists throughout the topic - check bottom of page 5 for mine...more on page 4 i believe

Auriman1
February 22nd, 2007, 03:28
mario 64 here i come :)

Lt-Razorworks
February 22nd, 2007, 03:33
This is for Nintendo 64 right?

.......*giggle*......

the one and only
February 22nd, 2007, 03:45
strange, i try 3 roms and non3 =/ any1 had any luck with starcraft/perfect dark/kirby 64?

Balthasar00
February 22nd, 2007, 03:46
mystical ninja goemon U : crash after the eagle intro scene
mystical ninja goemon E : Randomely crash ingame

Quest 64 E : Works well no sound (little lag in huge zones)

Turok U : Crash at startup
Turok E : Crash after logos and copyrights stuff

Mario Tennis E : Crash at startup
Mario Tennis U : ???

============

.n64 roms freeze deadalus + no roms appears.. have the same problem guys ?
.z64 works well

I have the fealing that european games runs better than Us ones..

Didn't looked any jap so far..

ppls should tests every 3 version for each games..

:)

the one and only
February 22nd, 2007, 03:49
Perfect DarK: EU
Kirby: US
both dont work =(, dont load whatsover, even though kirby loaded with the last version

Streetz
February 22nd, 2007, 03:51
.......*giggle*......
Very long work hours :)

Do any games work really well. I've gotten Banjo-Kazooie to load, but it is extremely laggy and unplayable. Any games that are playable?

NeoXCS
February 22nd, 2007, 03:55
I can't wait to try this! Thank you so much StrmnNrmn! You are even already thinking about R10. Thank you for the dedication to this project and this community. Good luck on future releases and enjoy your much deserved break! :D

BrooksyX
February 22nd, 2007, 04:00
Great Job, I am going to have a lot of fun with this release.

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2007, 04:06
Holycrap!! I love this! Just tested it! I'm playing Mario 64 right now! With sound it's freaking fast! And without sound too! lol The sound's good! I thought it would be a crap when I heard about the sound function.

Zombo
February 22nd, 2007, 04:08
OK....When I try to try a rom it loads but all it shows is a black screen (Doesn't close the PSP) but nothing but Black. :(

OK NVM :)
Indeed it goes quite fast :D
(Resident Evil 2 doesn't load for me :()

Balthasar00
February 22nd, 2007, 04:11
OK....When I try to try a rom it loads but all it shows is a black screen (Doesn't close the PSP) but nothing but Black. :(

Some games crashes before any copyright and logo adverts. Some others works well..

wich one did you tried so far ?

d_ciel
February 22nd, 2007, 04:17
You made me a day, StrmnNrmn!!!
Good work!!

aries2k4
February 22nd, 2007, 04:20
Ya, Mario64 is definately playable. Rampage world Tour and Quest64 also run really well and if your a chess fan, Virtual Chess64 is playable. Mortal Kombat trilogy runs, a little slow and all black fighters.
Great job!!! Itīs nice to see continual improvement on this emu.

emuking
February 22nd, 2007, 04:21
(screams like a little girl)
thank god it came out today, yes!!!
thanks strmnnrmn :D

GrinchWSLG
February 22nd, 2007, 04:29
Alright, I have a 2.0 PSP and eloader .9.9.5 and Daedalus R9 won't even load. I've never had trouble running previous releases...

sok98
February 22nd, 2007, 04:32
great speedups on eeverything this is awesome!, compadability is still a huge issue though...

johnston829x
February 22nd, 2007, 04:38
does anyone know how to unzip a file on the psp web browser? my computer is geting fixed and i realy wanna try this out....if there isnt a way to unzip this file could someone pm me the emu w/ mario64 i would greatly appreciate it

darthhaze420
February 22nd, 2007, 05:08
holy crap i love how mario plays cant wait till R10 i know it will be a wile but it is worth the wait

neosayuki
February 22nd, 2007, 05:19
Can any post a download link to super mario 64 for me??

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2007, 05:23
Alright, I have a 2.0 PSP and eloader .9.9.5 and Daedalus R9 won't even load. I've never had trouble running previous releases...

Holy****! Man! That's fregging old school,prehistoric. I guess you're the only one on the whole universe that stills using Eloader. If you didn't know...there are new unnoficial custom firmwares[homemade] that are even better than Sony's. You can have 2.71-3.10[your choice] and be able to play homebrews like on 1.50. And they even have a lot of cool extra features. So check that out. Personally I've tried every firmware,from 1.50 to 3.10,and I tell you to do it! Upgrade to a Custom Firmware.! Oh and it's waay easier to run stuff on there than on 2.0 with e-loader.

Can any post a download link to super mario 64 for me??

I would love to help you,but I think I can't ... those are the rules. But sincerely,if you want it,just add me or e-mail me. I'll send you the link.

Broadus
February 22nd, 2007, 05:24
Maaan still no Starcraft 64.

Nobody's giving you a download to a ROM, neosayuki. Besides, they're so friggin' easy to find! Just look on Emuparadise.
Darthpaul is right, GrinchWSLG. That is OOOLD stuff. You can easily downgrade that 2.0 and get more powerful homebrew capabilities on custom firmwares or even just plain old 1.5.

Mc_Logical
February 22nd, 2007, 05:39
Alright, I have a 2.0 PSP and eloader .9.9.5 and Daedalus R9 won't even load. I've never had trouble running previous releases... 2.0 and eloader??? thats a bit out dated lol how come u havent downgraded? or is it a motherboard? ta etc psp? because the latest downgrader for 3.03 can downgrade that type of psp at 3.03 when u use the downgrader it formats the PSPs flash0 and flash1 installing 1.5, i downgraded a freinds 3.03 then simply install custom firmware (but wait yea u need the gta lcs umd with the 2.0 update on the umd to downgraded 3.03)

but anyway wooooooooooo! R9 is out

Solidsnake3000
February 22nd, 2007, 05:41
is poke'mon stadium working at full speed and how about the second one is that working to i need to know

BrooksyX
February 22nd, 2007, 05:48
is poke'mon stadium working at full speed and how about the second one is that working to i need to know

I am pretty sure they are probably only working around half speed, if they work at all.

the one and only
February 22nd, 2007, 05:48
Ah sunshine and lollypops, mario 64 is running nicely :)

ACID
February 22nd, 2007, 05:53
Sweet have been waiting for a new release for a long time. Great work.

Solidsnake3000
February 22nd, 2007, 06:00
I am pretty sure they are probably only working around half speed, if they work at all.

i was looking forward to play that and super smash bros at full speed i mean i love those games i wish it worked at full speed so i can have piacchu and the rest lol but seing as tho i might not work i will just w8 about 6 months for the next release lol .

GrinchWSLG
February 22nd, 2007, 06:21
Well I don't have GTA, and all I ever use the PSP for is Homebrew, when I do actually use it, and I read that some PSPs brick when you do custom firmware. Honestly though I jumped on the eloader back when it was new and then just haven't been back in the game for a long time.

drock82
February 22nd, 2007, 06:39
did anyone tried the wrestling games, man i hope they work:p

kaks
February 22nd, 2007, 06:53
here is a video in action:

http://www.moneytube.com/video.php?v=10733&m=91006

drock82
February 22nd, 2007, 06:58
here is a video in action:

http://www.moneytube.com/video.php?v=10733&m=91006

ha ha funny but seriously do they work?:rofl:

Cartman121
February 22nd, 2007, 07:00
If anyone has gotten daedalus to run on 3.10oe a2, could you please tell me how you got it to work, i have tried reformatting my memory stick that didnt work. ANY help watsoever would be greatly appreciated thanks

SpacemanSpiff
February 22nd, 2007, 07:07
Damn, Zelda just froze on me as I opened the chest to get the slingshot :( It had been running pretty great inside the Deku Tree too, at times getting up to 20 fps (which is full speed for Zelda)

shadowhawk22
February 22nd, 2007, 07:25
Wow. Amazing. So, are we going to see more solid updates like this? I know there's a time issue, but I am looking forward to N64 running like the GBA on the PSP. Thanks a lot for all your hard work! You made my day for sure.

froggie22
February 22nd, 2007, 07:32
i have 3.03 oe-c and it doesnt even work.. it loads up and gets to the roms screen. nothing shows up and it freezes and the psp switches off. anyone else had this problem n how do i fix it??

Mc_Logical
February 22nd, 2007, 07:41
StrmnNrmn going skiing? hmmm! lets just hope he dosnt break any legs because then it will be a longer ass wait for R10 LOL im enjoying testing roms on this R9.

XioN980
February 22nd, 2007, 07:44
I swear i just died, went to heaven, god realised daedalus was released and sent me back

Awesome!!!

rogersmith1122
February 22nd, 2007, 08:05
i am running 3.10 A2 and Daedalus runs fine. i just used the 1.5 version of Daedalus R9 instead of the 1.0. i dont know if it matters which version of daedalus you use if your on 3.10oe though

blazefire
February 22nd, 2007, 08:05
DONT LOAD
Hexen
Goldeneye
Donkey kong 64
Crusin Usa
Conkers bad fur day

MENUS ONLY
Quake,
Master Quest

PLAYABLE
Mario 64
Star Fox
Paper Mario
Mario kart

STILL SLOW
Zelda OOT

what paper mario rom are you using... my copy cant get past the input name screen.

pibs
February 22nd, 2007, 08:10
wonder if wally's spiff up will have ME support. but friggen mario 64 is playable now thnx strnm

Passa
February 22nd, 2007, 08:18
Ahh.. patched ROMs don't work properly (as in I got Mario Kart 64 running, but Mario Kart 64 V1.1 doesn't work, same for Star Fox and The Legend of Zelda: OOT..)

So if you want to play these games, get the original unpatched ROMs. Hopefully this is fixed in newer versions..

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2007, 08:25
Well I don't have GTA, and all I ever use the PSP for is Homebrew, when I do actually use it, and I read that some PSPs brick when you do custom firmware. Honestly though I jumped on the eloader back when it was new and then just haven't been back in the game for a long time.

Uh...you don't need GTA to downgrade from 2.0. And I have downgraded many PSP's lots and lots of times,including my friends' and mine many times. Downgraded,Upgraded,Put every firmware available and haven't bricked. It's easy. Anyways if you're afraid of installing a Custom Firmware after the downgrade you can just stay on 1.50 and use DevHook[emulates other firmwares]. So you would have 1.50 ,and the other firmare you wish emulated. It's better than 2.0. So...you haven't been with the PSP for a long time and don't have any idea on how to do all of this? Well,I'm here. I can help you.

GO HERE FOR ANOTHER NEW EMULATOR!! NJ'S: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53824

guardiansnowman
February 22nd, 2007, 09:49
Yeah!!! i have dowloaded evey realese and im never stoping :P THANK U! keep up the good work.

im on 3.10OE-A and its running fine. i just downloaded the files copied Daedalus and Daedalus% over into the GAME folder. i didnt use the GAME150 i never have... i always uset the game folder and i have never had any trouble running anything...

THANKS AGAIN!!! :D :thumbup:

Veskgar
February 22nd, 2007, 10:03
This is an eye opening release. I never really paid much attention to this Emulator until this release. I didn't expect Zelda: Ocarina of Time to even work but it was actually somewhat playable.

I am also totally blown away by how good Mario 64 plays with sound. It is quite playable and the sound is better than I could have imagined.

All in all I must say that this is shaping up to be better than I ever thought it could. The games that work look beautiful on the PSP. And the audio put out is really cool. Its not as garbled and distorted as I thought it might be. I definitely appreciate all the time and work that made this what it is today.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for this project.

Gold Line
February 22nd, 2007, 10:36
yes my god its here n64 on my psp YES!!!!!

Baboon
February 22nd, 2007, 10:40
[QUOTE=Veskgar;362449]
I am also totally blown away by how good Mario 64 plays with sound. It is quite playable and the sound is better than I could have imagined.
QUOTE]

Oooooh yes! :thumbup: ...thanks for the info! Im unfortunetly stuck in work for another 7 hours so i cant test this till later, but to know this game is running as well as you say with sound is totaly amazing! :D

I hope the save game feature works for me this time as on previous versions of this emu I couldnt get it to work??

Cheers StrmnNrmn looks like you really delivered the goods for R9! :)

Mc_Logical
February 22nd, 2007, 10:52
the sound isnt perfect dude its a lil choppy but the frame rate of mario64 is good it can reach 34 frame rate at some places but around 22 is good enough, ive noticed if u change the camera angle view of mario (press R) the frame rate goes up but anyway its playable.

playing it now lol pressing R to zoom in mario speeds up the frame rate but then zoom back out and it sometimes keeps good frame rate.

Triggerman
February 22nd, 2007, 11:02
To be honest, I don't see no chance this emulator ever reaches a decent speed / compatibility on interesting games. Therefore I don't even try the emulator. I respect the developer for his work on it tho. Maybe he can prove me wrong. ;)

Mc_Logical
February 22nd, 2007, 11:06
To be honest, I don't see no chance this emulator ever reaches a decent speed / compatibility on interesting games. Therefore I don't even try the emulator. I respect the developer for his work on it tho. Maybe he can prove me wrong. ;) dont see it reaching a decent speed? well time will tell man i think it will happen its just bit by bit, i wonder if theres any1 out there who has coded this right who know what there doing but havent shared there work?? lol

btw mario64 does run at decent speeds

Linusj
February 22nd, 2007, 11:21
Anyone know where i can get (working with R9) N64 roms? The only ones i got wirking is a 8mb Super Mario 64 and 16mb Mario Kart 64.

Mc_Logical
February 22nd, 2007, 11:25
Anyone know where i can get (working with R9) N64 roms? The only ones i got wirking is a 8mb Super Mario 64 and 16mb Mario Kart 64. ill pm u a couple of rom sites.

im just sat here playing mario64 and replying to this thread lol

PSPegasus
February 22nd, 2007, 11:59
You are truly amazing StrmnNrmn. Keep this kind of leaps forward up and we'll have full speed + sound by the end of the year :-P.

troom
February 22nd, 2007, 13:58
To be honest, I don't see no chance this emulator ever reaches a decent speed / compatibility on interesting games. Therefore I don't even try the emulator. I respect the developer for his work on it tho. Maybe he can prove me wrong. ;)well they said that about the gba emu look at it now.

mat_dizzy
February 22nd, 2007, 14:13
Man... People really need to respect the developer of daedules! I mean.. this is a n64 emulator running on a psp! Could you program such an emulator?

Thanks again, for such a great release... really, when i saw the news my heart pounded :p

:D

But for people: Mario 64 seems to be running almost full speed most of the time, defintly playable! Without sound that is, having sound on is actually frightening :rolleyes:

gdf
February 22nd, 2007, 14:19
this is a long ass thread already! well done strmn!

Mr.Denny
February 22nd, 2007, 14:27
I'm using 3.03 OE-B but it crashes when i try and boot a game. :(

Can anyone give me a slight walkthrough?

aries2k4
February 22nd, 2007, 14:33
I'm using 3.03 OE-B but it crashes when i try and boot a game. :(

Are you using the 1.0 eboot or the 1.5.?
Iīm using the 1.5 version. Put both folders in PSP\GAME150 and got kernel in the recovery set to 1.5. Donīt forget, not all roms work. unzip them. Iīm using .z64 format.
hope this helps

blackrave
February 22nd, 2007, 14:34
It works great in 3.10 OE-A using the 1.00 EBOOT in GAME150.

Truly amazing work. I can't wait to see how it will develop in the future. Everyone should go to his blog (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com) and suggest what he should work on next.

Thanks so much!

aries2k4
February 22nd, 2007, 14:43
It works great in 3.10 OE-A using the 1.00 EBOOT in GAME150.

Ok, hadnīt tried the 1.0 eboot yet. Iīll just throw that one on my ms since itīs only 1 folder.:)

Dante300981
February 22nd, 2007, 14:50
nice one man

gr42178
February 22nd, 2007, 14:54
Excellent!!! Been waiting for this a long time, thanks strmnnrmn.

Mr.Denny
February 22nd, 2007, 14:55
EDIT----------

Got it working :)

Thanks for the help guys

Falcon4ever
February 22nd, 2007, 15:17
I made some shots of Aerogauge/mario64/zelda this morning. Because I can't be bothered uploading all shot again I'll just post a link :P

http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40081

(emutalk and dcemu are affiliate so dont scream about spam :P)

R4mbo
February 22nd, 2007, 15:34
YOU ARE THE GOD OF PSP HOMEBREW!!! Ok, maybe second God after DAX but you are also a God ^^

drock82
February 22nd, 2007, 15:39
heres a new compatibilty list for r10 others should take note and erase the other compatibilty list since its plainy for R6 compatibilty:mad:

games tested on r10
1.mario 64-almost playable with sound disable
2.zelda oot-really slow but little more work it can become playable
3.wcw vs nwo world tour-black screen but memory is flashing
4.wcw vs nwo revenge-black screen but memory stick is flashing

Triggerman
February 22nd, 2007, 16:30
well they said that about the gba emu look at it now.

I believed in GBA emulation.
And anyway gpSP has been written from scratch customized exactly for PSP. Remember the VBA port by ZX-1? It would never be able to run like gpSP.

I said I respect him for his work and maybe he will prove me wrong one day... but really... I don't believe it.

pichon
February 22nd, 2007, 16:46
Really, I could understand you didn't believe it on the first releases, but when R9 has Super Mario at playable speed with sound, it's not that difficult to believe that it can be done, though it will take time for sure.

Triggerman
February 22nd, 2007, 16:47
Really, I could understand you didn't believe it on the first releases, but when R9 has Super Mario at playable speed with sound, it's not that difficult to believe that it can be done, though it will take time for sure.

Do you REALLY think it runs at a decent speed for you (all the time, with sound) ? I don't think so...

brunobelo
February 22nd, 2007, 17:05
I was having problems running R9 using 3.03 OE-C. I tried everything and the emulator doesn't work, freezing at the ROM selection. Tried the 1.5 and 1.0 eboot and nothing seems to work. When I was hopeless, I renamed the .n64 roms to .z64 and the emulator worked!

So here's the tip "rename all your roms to .Z64 and the emulator should work!"

the_eternal_dark
February 22nd, 2007, 17:09
I'm gone for a week and this was released?? What have I been doing? (exams)

Great job stmnnrmn! Keep up the good work.

Time for me to get back to class.

tsurumaru
February 22nd, 2007, 17:17
Do you REALLY think it runs at a decent speed for you (all the time, with sound) ? I don't think so...

I think most people would settle for 30fps with sound on games. Daedalus isn't even using the Media Engine yet and hasn't been fully optimised, so I for one do believe its possible to have "playable" games.

kharaboudjan
February 22nd, 2007, 18:36
i have to agree with Triggerman and say that he has a point here..

i mean i think it is great that strmn is working on this emu but it will probably never reach full speed with sound (besides on M64 & MK64)

and yes.. some games are playable and thats great but i think we can forget about the fullspeed n64 emu with sound from this project.. but please prove me wrong, i couldnt be happier then :D

Baboon
February 22nd, 2007, 19:35
Well just tested mario its running very nicely. For some reason I just can not get my copy of mariokart to run... just black screen each time. :(

When the sound is sorted through the media engine this will be an amazing peice of work.

Top bannana! :)

jguba7892
February 22nd, 2007, 19:36
good release, but saying games are playable is a bit too much credit.

pkmusicmaker
February 22nd, 2007, 20:09
I'm very impressed with this, I didn't think it would be possible to improve it this much. Keep it up, good stuff.

punkypine
February 22nd, 2007, 20:10
is it possible to do any kind of frame skip?

darthhaze420
February 22nd, 2007, 20:17
the mariokart i used for R8 is not working now can someone give me the name of the rom that is working i used mariokart 64 (e) (v1.0) [!].z64 can someone tell me the name of the one that worked for them

gotmilk0112
February 22nd, 2007, 20:21
cant extract it......"unknown format or corrupted"

Vega
February 22nd, 2007, 20:38
Mario kart [U] [!] works fine

lale05
February 22nd, 2007, 20:41
I'm downloading roms at:
http://www.emu-land.net/?secid=146

Vega
February 22nd, 2007, 20:47
I'm downloading roms at:
http://www.BANNED.net/?secid=007

and thats you banned . laters :thumbup:

lale05
February 22nd, 2007, 20:51
**** the license!

Free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lale05
February 22nd, 2007, 20:53
Thats for free!!!!!!!!!!
Dont pay!

lale05
February 22nd, 2007, 20:58

They still ...
dont buy!

lale05
February 22nd, 2007, 21:02
Oh!!!!!!!!!!! Resident eveil for free!!!!!!!!

http://www.emu-land.net/?secid=146&act=getfile&id=6583

red_sox32
February 22nd, 2007, 21:07
Thanks man i can play mario kart 64 on the go thats so cool.when do you think theres gonna be sound cuz i mean alot of games kinda suck and are pointless without it?

acn010
February 22nd, 2007, 21:51
amazing, thanks man XD

Apoklepz
February 22nd, 2007, 22:10
wow...How some people are just screaming for an immediate ban. It amazes me.

Hey, his links are still up.

Anyways...a huge respect to STRMNNRMN...if I spelled it right. You rock man!

The Speed roms aren't working on this one anymore, but who needs them anyways...The regular ones seem to be running much faster then how the Sped-up ones ran in R8. HUUUUGELY APPRECIATED WORK AT HAND HERE.....anybody who dare say this emulator hasn't come a long way deserves a big boot in the face for being such an ignorant moron.

I've played through Mario 64 a little bit today and have noticed many textures in the later levels have been fixed...I still haven't come across any messed up ones, yet...whereas in R8 there was too many to list here....Best of all is that my gamesave for Mario 64 which I cleared in R8 WORKS!!!!

Keep the impressive work coming!!

I've yet to test these games...gotta wait for the weekend...Have anyone else tried them? Which versions work, and how good do they play?

- CastleVania
- Super Smash Bros.
- Star Wars:Shadow of the Empire

Appreciated

red_sox32
February 22nd, 2007, 22:14
i tried SSB. It will load but when the "hit seclect" screen comes up it gets slow and then when i hit it just goes blank.

Apoklepz
February 22nd, 2007, 22:20
Oh hey, thanks for the quick response on SSB, man.

I just tried a few different regioned roms for that game, but they all go blank after the initial movie....The clipping's also very wierd by the end of the flick. Oh well, back to Mario Kart.

Yobumtin
February 22nd, 2007, 22:39
Why hasn't anyone removed the download link lale05 posted? :S But great work. I tried Mario 64 and it runs really nice. I can't wait for future releases.

Mark30001
February 22nd, 2007, 22:45
This is one awesome release. StarFox 64 works!

Great job strmnnrmn! :)

idapimp
February 22nd, 2007, 23:56
this is awesome

luis_05
February 23rd, 2007, 00:17
hell yeah im rejocing lol, this is a great release, umm about the compabilty issues, has anyone try different versions fo the roms? i got a rom (wont specify) and it had 13 different versions, like japan version, us , eu, and some hacked versions wit cheats, does anyone think trying out these different roms work?

Broadus
February 23rd, 2007, 03:28
It was starting to look like Super Mario 64 was going to be the only game that ran well for me, but Star Fox 64 actually ran pretty damn good, too! Easily fast enough to play and enjoy.

mike03$$$
February 23rd, 2007, 03:50
can someone check and see if theres any wrestling games working

mike03$$$
February 23rd, 2007, 03:56
downloading roms at www.romhustler.net

Tron_Fan
February 23rd, 2007, 04:27
This does not work via an eLoader. Please note.. this is *NOT* a request for follow up posts letting me know what a jerk/ass/idiot I am for not downgrading, or running custom firmware.

I am just letting the other people out there like me running homebrew from an eLoader that this does not work. I am running eLoader 0.9.9 on 2.7 btw.

Tron_Fan
February 23rd, 2007, 05:01
OK... my bad. This does run fine on eLoader 0.9.9. I have only run Mario64 successfully... but I will try others.

My problem was I did not have a rom in the games directory which caused it to crash.

My apologies :)

ukcuf16
February 23rd, 2007, 05:23
I believed in GBA emulation.
And anyway gpSP has been written from scratch customized exactly for PSP. Remember the VBA port by ZX-1? It would never be able to run like gpSP.

I said I respect him for his work and maybe he will prove me wrong one day... but really... I don't believe it.

I just gotta say even though I sort of agree with u is that Strmnnrmn is the creator of daedalus for pc and is porting his own work (which im asuming he knows well :p ) while zx-81 was portin sum 1 elses work. So who knows what might happen in the future.

Tron_Fan
February 23rd, 2007, 06:10
Compatibility list running 2.7 w/ eLoader 0.9.9

Running
----------
Mario64: without sound, very fast. Great emulation
MarioKart64: without sound, very fast. Great emulation
StarFox : without sound, good emulation… a slight bit slow.
Space Inavders: However, too slow to play.

Not Running:
---------------
Star Wars: Shadow Of The Empire… starts to load, get some intro screens.. Then crashes.
Mario Golf: Starts to load, then crashes.
F-Zero: Loads, but will not start.
Gauntlet Legends: Loads, but will not start.
Star Wars Episode I Racer: Loads but will not start
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time: Runs all the cut scenes, but the game itself will not run
Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Loads, but will not start.

Apoklepz
February 23rd, 2007, 16:12
Zelda OOT not working?? What on earth are you saying? My LOZ- OOT (U)[!].z64 image works just fine...In fact I even tried Master Quest (E)[!].z64 and to my surprise, that works fine, too...It saves too, even if it's not listed in the INI file, but I just want to say it does.

Ridge Racer 64 works slightly slow, and even though it got a huge texturing update with R9, it still has a long ways to go...clipping issues and speed mostly...not to mention sound.

Neither CastleVania games work yet.
You'll get a scroll graphic that says "No CastleVania" on both games.

BTW, Tron_fan...why in the hell are you still running e-loader, dude?
It was great for it's time and still is, but anyone will tell you that the newer DAX custom firmwares are the standard now. I very much doubt that your issues for not being able to run Zelda are e-loader related, but still...Get with the program.

Tron_Fan
February 23rd, 2007, 16:41
BTW, Tron_fan...why in the hell are you still running e-loader, dude?

Isn't there a risk of bricking the PSP either downgrading, or installing custom firmware?

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2007, 17:16
New N64 released yesterday? This is good to hear it's finally here.

SpacemanSpiff
February 23rd, 2007, 17:50
Zelda OOT not working?? What on earth are you saying? My LOZ- OOT (U)[!].z64 image works just fine...In fact I even tried Master Quest (E)[!].z64 and to my surprise, that works fine, too...It saves too, even if it's not listed in the INI file, but I just want to say it does.

Have you managed to get through the Deku Tree without it randomly crashing?

Triv1um
February 23rd, 2007, 19:42
Its a good app, but Mario 64 runs terrible.

Like robots.

kiariki
February 23rd, 2007, 19:52
Mario Kart 64 runs smooth. Not perfect, just smooth. Sprites seem to have gotten a triple dosage of caffeine, though!

Zelda: Master Quest- Better than on R8 BUT! For some reason, I cannot name my character... :(

I still haven't tried this with audio but this is amazing! I might be able to play all my old N64 games on the PSP!!! :3 Would've fit better, company-wise, if this emu were on DS but the PSP's the one with the graphical power to do this... :(

Oh yes, when I tried going back to the PSP's menu by pressing HOME, it just... froze...

Smash Bros. loads... But after you press start (assuming you pressed start before the dolls start to "fight") on the title screen, boom! Crash! :(

BazzaLB
February 23rd, 2007, 21:51
I've noticed that when I access the "Rom Settings" whilst playing Super Mario 64, it states that Dynamic Recompilation is "Disabled". No matter how many times I Enable it and resume emulation, going back into rom settings during the game still shows Dynamic Recompilation as DISABLED.

Is there some issue with Super Mario 64 and dynamic recompilation?. It certainly doesn't run perfect for me in terms of speed, even with sound disabled.

Apoklepz
February 23rd, 2007, 22:03
Its a good app, but Mario 64 runs terrible.

Like robots.

Yeah...and you are very funny and have no clue:thumbup:

Isn't there a risk of bricking the PSP either downgrading, or installing custom firmware?

Yes, there's always that...but the devs have made strong solid downgrading applications to reduce that risk. You should make a search around the forums if you'd like to downgrade. You seem like a capable enough person to do it. Two things to keep in mind before you do, though:

- The original SONY firmware your PSP came with
- The type of motherboard your PSP has.

I'd help you more, but I don't regularly come here that often anymore...I'm sure there's people that are willing to help you out in making a succesfull Custom Firmware Upgrade.

Good Luck.

Spaceman,

I wouldn't know for sure, yet...I got the Shield, went to get the sword, but I had other things to do at the time, so I saved, confirmed the save worked and resumed my mundane tasks. Sorry, I'll check this tommorrow.

BTW, anybody have a clue how to add game configuration to the INI file? I'd like to put Master Quest (E)[!] in there so I could have a Preview image load for it in the UI, but I don't know what it's image code thingie is (that really long gibberish at the top of every rom configure line in the INI file...it's usually between {} casings).

KEEP ON TRUCKIN, STRMNNRMN!!!

Cloud_35
February 23rd, 2007, 22:13
For this I'm gonna state two of my favorite phrases, coming frome two wises that I met the other day:

"WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!"

and

"FREAKIN' SWEET!!!!"

Thank You.

Cloud_35
February 23rd, 2007, 22:36
Conker's bad fur day yet........??? still????? anyone??

EDIT - Besides, Goldeneye doesn't work for me.

EDIT 2 - Okay sorry. No, no more sequels:D

only if you run out of battery, or simply do something "bizarre" :D with it.

Musoka_Eimin
February 24th, 2007, 00:27
strmn awesome work thank you so much and keep it up! THANKS!!!

kam30en
February 24th, 2007, 00:40
Here's hoping this guy can make a N64 emulator that can play a few dozen games perfect with sound. Who knows if this is possible.....

GrizzlY_lbc
February 24th, 2007, 02:05
This is cool man hydro thunder one of my favorite games works pretty good does any one has a good short list of working games.

Buddy4point0
February 24th, 2007, 02:23
I Love It!

scottyboynow
February 24th, 2007, 10:31
-Super Mario 64 (nearly fullspeed, don't use sound)
If I get this with fullspeed and sound in the future, I will go crazy-mad and play 24/7, it's brilliant to see it being continued.

Buddy4point0
February 24th, 2007, 14:00
its great. on r10 add frame skipping

mfz64
February 24th, 2007, 16:52
-Zelda OOT loads until you get open your file, then it crashes
-Zelda MM doesn't load
-Star Fox runs near full speed without sound
-Banjo Kazooe runs really slow
-Mario 64 runs almost full speed without sound
-Kirby doesn't load

mecky
February 25th, 2007, 03:49
w00t!! StrmnNrmn's my hero! :D :thumbup:

down to business,

-Star Fox 64 runs quite well- slightly lower fps than in R8, but less "glitchy"

-mario 64 runs awesome without sound, sometimes getting up to 35fps, with an average of 22-36. Also, the shadows under the trees where u start off seem to have been fixed

-mario kart runs smoothly

-blast corps- won't start

I gotta try some bomberman games ;)

Also, to the guys who have been trying to get zelda: MM to work, did u enable the expansion pak?

Dark Scion
February 25th, 2007, 04:10
This excellent! Can't wait till its near perfect emulation, but then again it's still see great to see progress.

Buddy4point0
February 25th, 2007, 05:08
pokemon stadium doesnt load but i havnt tried pokemon stadium 2. mario works great

Vega
February 25th, 2007, 16:13
dudes, have any of you actually gotten into the first level of mario64? the framerate drops terribly and is quite playable but annoying. mario kart runs well in time trial but in Grand prix it slows down alot.
great improvements, well done strmmnmm, but i cant wait for the next release :)

pkmaximum
February 25th, 2007, 23:25
Ya to say Mario 64 is nearly full speed is a bit off, its certainly with out a doubt playable. But the only area were I have seen undeniable full speed in Mario 64 is the castle court yard. (FYI The fountain area, were you would go to go into ghost world) in fact that one little area runs full speed even with sound turned on lol.

Still none the less Strmmmn is certainly doing an excellent job with this emulator and we would definently see great improvements as far as sound goes once he moves sound over to the ME on the PSP.

acn010
February 25th, 2007, 23:27
you know whats funny about that game is that when i play on a level, the game is slow for a moment then goes a bit faster every second, watch carefully and you'll know what i mean...

pkmaximum
February 25th, 2007, 23:58
I've noticed that too, but i think that is because the emulator its self takes a moment to render a new area. For instance when you load up the screen with the select your profile, if you have audio enabled you will here the lag in the audio for about 1-2 seconds then after that the sound is crisp, and that section of the games runs full speed.

Buddy4point0
February 25th, 2007, 23:58
yea i noticed that too its really slow when you start but then speeds up
i think part of it is also that you get used to it being slow without realizeing

acn010
February 26th, 2007, 00:18
same on some games

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 16:28
OK, i'll ask again....

Does anyone know how to acquire that long code on the INI file for games?

I got Master Quest (E) [!] working with save and all, but it's not listed as a compatible game on the INI file. The code I'm talking about is the first line that starts and ends with {}...Here's an example:

{b71170ec2bd71676-45}
Name=The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (v1.0)
Comment=Unknown
Info=
Preview=zelda_oot.png
SaveSRAM

I'd just like this to give my game a preview image and save file specification.

Thanks

Kyros
February 27th, 2007, 03:56
Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Stadium 2, Quest 64 and Super Mario 64 are all playable with graphic issues. The Legend of Zelda - Master Quest has major graphic issues and too slow to be playable. The ROM menu has issues (ROM names are all distorted) until you scroll down halfway then it clears up and also when you load a ROM with your preferred settings it doesn't save them no matter if you press select during emulation and set it again then return to the game it still won't change but besides that it's one step closer to perfection thanx StrmnNrmn.

deltr0n
February 28th, 2007, 06:09
could this brick a psp by any chance its not a 1.5?

Mr.Denny
February 28th, 2007, 13:38
could this brick a psp by any chance its not a 1.5?

Nope

Also, it's a pity Body Harvest doesn't work :(

Still, amazing leap in speed!

looop
February 28th, 2007, 15:24
****ing hell, upgraded to 3.11 about two weeks ago. This sucks, my holiday is destroyed. Are there someone working on a 3.11-downgrader? ^.^

CaptainMorgan4
February 28th, 2007, 17:03
Yes there are people working on downgraders but you never know when they're going to release, could be tomorrow or in 2 months nobody knows. Just stay at 3.11 and don't update, then when a downgrader comes out use it then get 3.10 OE-A' custom firmware. Or whatever one is out by that time, it's great though all your 3.10 capabilities with all 1.5 homebrew!

looop
March 1st, 2007, 20:09
I know that you can use "Devhook" when you are at 1.5 so you'll be able to play higher frimware-games, though my memory is the one that follows the basic pack (32MB) which sucks.

:(

rafael1720042004
March 3rd, 2007, 02:34
hi can some one tell me how to put the n64 emaulator on the psp , i hear all this talk about it runs great and all the downloads, but no one ever says how u put it on, or in what folders it goes into
my email is [email protected]
if u email be write in subject n64 emulator plz
HEALP :)

acn010
March 3rd, 2007, 16:45
wheres the compatibility list for this r9 emu?

CaptainMorgan4
March 3rd, 2007, 18:49
Rafael1720042004 I sent you an email with a very detailed explanation on installing this emulator, I made the subject liek you asked please check your mail, thanks.

Gazz021
March 3rd, 2007, 21:17
great update, I ve not been on for a while, I just tried Mario 64. Big improvement and plays smoother with sound off.

froggie22
March 4th, 2007, 12:35
pretty siik just tried it.. cant wait for a full speed one

comoloco
March 7th, 2007, 00:08
pretty nice man!!!!!!!

oregono
March 7th, 2007, 06:56
Working:
Paperboy – WORKS! Slow though – but almost playable. No graphical glitches
Gex 64 – WORKS GREAT SPEED – cant see character tho – ran w/ expansion pak
Rampage World Tour – WORKS 100% no sound AWESOME!
Bust-A-Move 3 – Works great, very playable!
Rampage 2: Universal Tour – WORKS GREAT! Tried w/o sound
Bust-A-Move '99 – Works GREAT!!
All Star Tennis '99 – Works REALLY WELL

KINDA WORK:
Nuclear Strike – WORKS, but unplayable due to speed
Dr. Mario 64 – Works, but too buggy to play
Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs – Loads but too many graphical glitches
Virtual Pool 64 – Loads, good speed/ Graphic glitches – locked up during a match

DON’T WORK AT ALL
Big Mountain 2000 – Loads very fast and looks fine, but then freezes the PSP when starting a race.
Mario Tennis – Freezes at N64 LOGO
Yoshi's Story – Wont Load
Starcraft 64 – Wont LOAD
Tetrisphere – Freezes at startup
Paper Mario – Freezes after confirmation of name entry
Mario Party 3 – Wont load
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron – Wont load
Banjo-Tooie – Wont load
Command and Conquer 3d – Wont Load
Carmageddon 64 - freezes at load screen
A Bug's Life – Wont Load
Conker's Bad Fur Day – Not working
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack – goes right back to Daedalus menu
Rayman 2: The Great Escape – Wont Load
All-Star Baseball '99 – Wont load
Perfect Dark – Wont Load

davidrose9
March 7th, 2007, 13:44
Rafael1720042004 I sent you an email with a very detailed explanation on installing this emulator, I made the subject liek you asked please check your mail, thanks.

ME TOO PLEASE CAPT. MORGAN (my fav RUMlol)

Just bought a used 1.5 v and upgraded to 3.03 OE-C.
Formatted mem and it made all these folders:
PSP/:
GAME150/GAME303/GAME/SAVEDATA/COMMON/SYSTEM
I have put daedalus in Game150 and in GAME303 also in GAME
states corrupt file in all 3 folders when trying to load so I copied daedalus to daedalus% folder now put this into GAME150 and reads it goes to start it and black screen and powers off put it into Games folder and it also reads Daedalus and seems to start it psp start up screen then it errors staying THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED (8002014C).
Any help with this much appreciated.
I should mention I upgraded using the Too Smart Guys Guide so I think I can put my orig 1.5 firmware back if I need to have to learn how but I saved all the folders files etc..

davidrose9
March 7th, 2007, 16:20
I figured it out put both folders in Game150 works fine.

CaptainMorgan4
March 7th, 2007, 20:28
Good for you, enjoy, sorry I didn't see your post I would have sent you instructions.

oregono
March 8th, 2007, 05:32
Im not toally sure that compatibility list is up to date.

GrizzlY_lbc
March 13th, 2007, 17:25
Can't wait for the next update. does any of the zelda games work.

dark heart
April 8th, 2007, 07:04
who's in charge of updating this? r10 came out ages ago.

CaptainMorgan4
April 8th, 2007, 07:39
Well it doesn't do good when you bump old topics like this, a new R10 thread is out and if anyone doesn't see it they don't really deserve to play it.

sithcdw
April 13th, 2007, 07:31
can someone please help me i cant get this to work it keeps saying corrupted data. im new to this can someone please give me step by step instructions?

my email is [email protected]

Lilmrv1992
April 13th, 2007, 23:17
when i load it on my psp it won't work
please email me and tell me how
[email protected]

Buddy4point0
April 14th, 2007, 00:34
noobs. plz theres no point in posting your emails because no one is gonna email you. first of all there is a newer version out. this is r9 and the current version is r10. i will tell you how to put this on, what firmware do you guys have

gdf
April 14th, 2007, 00:39
MY HOMEBREW GUIDE FOR N00BS.

in my sig.

how many times do i have to say?

maninhosk8
April 24th, 2007, 21:11
It is my first post and firstly I wanted to say the forum is awesome. Thanks for all the news and apps for our consoles.
About the Daedalus, it is a great N64 emulator and it have been updated frequently with goods and I hope it to have total compatibility soon, at least for the simply n64 games, but I don't expect it to run Perfect Dark or games like that.

Nameless One
December 6th, 2007, 11:51
Ok. So, latest version is Banjo Kazooie playable with sound, and no slowdown?
And if there is slowdown, how noticable is it? Would it affect gameplay?

Tinnus
December 6th, 2007, 12:03
Did you know this is NOT the topic for the latest version?

Gold Line
December 6th, 2007, 12:36
in other words don't revive dead threads look for the R13 thread