PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Plus for Gamecube WIP Update

wraggster
April 19th, 2005, 18:04
The next release will be version 1.1.1
It will have:
- Fixed music in Sonic and a few other games
- 2 player working with SDload
- A quit option if booted with SDload, otherwise it'll just restart your GC.

The first two are already done. The third one I started adding earlier today, I just need to find an easy way to check for SDload.

After 1.1.1 will probably come 1.2, assuming I dont need to do another bugfix release. I want to add a fix for the video problem, and loading games from SD card to 1.2 for sure, anything else is a maybe, otherwise it'll be thrown off until a later release. The author of the Dreamcast port contacted me back in December and told me he has written code to allow saving, so maybe after I get SD card loading working, I'll try saving.

Of course, anyone is welcome to download the source and add it themselves, I could include it in a new release.

160R
April 24th, 2005, 18:36
Whow, I don't know how I have found this topic in this forum. Are you who got the Genesis emulator in GC?
I haven't stopped playing Genesis games from 3 days ago! (When I discovered this emu after get the Max Drive Pro)

In my opinion it's the best emu for GC:
The change buttons option is nice, and the 2 player support even better.
It's easy to use, highly compatible...
Well, I know it don't use save option, but what Genesis game used it? Great part of them are for pass without saving or have a save system like Road Rash games, so it isn't a big thing for care about.

I have seen you're going to release a new version :) Nice!
So, I post here 2 small notes that I don't know if you noticed:

- Some roms are protected by free emulator creators against save them like images (I think for avoid the sell). The problem is that for get the Roms in GC, you need to convert them to .dol (with your emu :D), the .dol must be an image, so those protected Roms don't play in GC, instead of this, a message appears in a black window with background sound.

- And the most important note: Street Fighters II don't works!! I have tested SFII The New Challengers, and SFII Special Champion Edition, I tested too European, USA, and Japanese versions. None worked.
Some of them had the message I told before. Although in the great part Roms I tested you can enter to the emulator menu (where you can change controlls, start game, see credits,...), but when you go to "start game", the game don't loads (black screen, no sound)
I tried it in a Pal GameCube.

Thanks and sorry for my English