PDA

View Full Version : What IDE do you use?

MrPeanut
February 22nd, 2007, 03:59
I did a search for "IDE" on the forums and yielded no results..

Was wondering if you use an IDE for PSP C/C++ development and if so which one. Or do you all just use notepad or a nicer text editor and build from makefiles?

Thought about using eclipse but I've never used it before so I'm not sure if you can run any other compilers with it. Or maybe I'll use rhide or something...

EvilDooinz
February 22nd, 2007, 04:06
visual c++ express ed on windows and kdevelop on linux

Bytrix
February 22nd, 2007, 10:45
Visual C++ express 2005 too. I save all my files to a linux share which is set as host0:// in psplinkusb (on a second PC I have at home), so I can easily edit file on one PC (running windows), and compile/run them on the other PC running linux.

MrPeanut
February 23rd, 2007, 22:50
ah, that's a good idea.

Downloaded eclipse IDE and it looks nice. It uses gnu make so I just changed my path to the psp one.

It's gonna be different developing for a new system. Only thing I've worked with is intel 32bit with watcom for dos and Visual C++ for Windows API apps.

After I research more on the wifi aspect of psp I'm going to try and write a psp SMB client so I can just connnect to my pc and grab files off it. The whole ftp server on the psp is the only current solution I see and it doesn't suffice for me because the psp is supposed to be wireless... If I have to sit at my pc just to upload to my psp I might as well just use the usb cable.

Maybe later turning it into a standalone norton commander like application where I can execute files off my pc, by browsing to my windows shared folder via smb, select the executable, and the system will copy the executables working directory to a temporary space on my memstick and execute....

Just a thought! Not sure what the demand is on an application like this though.

psiko_scweek
February 24th, 2007, 15:36
I use Notepad++ and Cygwin/GCC. Together they are a very good combination.

acn010
February 24th, 2007, 15:38
notepad..................... :3

yaustar
February 24th, 2007, 19:48
Code::Blocks with DevKitPSP. Download to compiling in less then 15 minutes. No need for makefiles or commandline.

psiko_scweek
February 24th, 2007, 22:24
Code::Blocks with DevKitPSP ? Perhaps someone should should write a tutorial on how to set that up and get the libraries such as libpng and such to install on that, and if there is, well then, it is a good idea.