PDA

View Full Version : CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP/NCDZPSP 2.0.6 (Update)

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 17:09
New releases via NJ (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8)

Heres what NJ had to say-

* romcnv_cps2 ver.2.0.6 was corrected. Also each binary of CPS2PSP 2.0.6 is completion of replacement.

* You made a mistake in version. (Really bugfix 5 is)
 (You did not write, is, but because binary the other than of NCDZPSP everything is renewed to morning of 2007/2/21.)

* Because the report that was attached to the eye, it cannot draw up cash file, romcnv_cps2.exe and romcnv_mvs.exe
 You rewrote once more. Please refer to readme of romcnv concerning detailed contents.

* Emulator itself is there is no especially correction, but because MAME 0.112u2 had come out, modification is reflected.
 MVSPSP also bootleg that tried moves next, but (removing the RELEASE flag, when it compiles only,),
 Because operation check has not gone, when it does not move you apply, please correct with each one.

Temporarily because as for big problem you think, that it was gone, then we leave to other one. Then.

Modification

* Attendant upon the source integration of NCDZPSP, all sources were rewritten.
* Adding Japanese user interface edition with all emulators. Japanese user interface edition when it compares with English edition, about 800KB consumes memory in excess.
* MAME Plus! It corresponded to the command list of type. Please put command.dat on the same directory as EBOOT.PBP. Furthermore, when the Japanese command list is used, about 800KB memory is consumed in excess.
* The item which can be set with makefile increases, but UI_BPP32 other than NCDZPSP the one which it tries not to use is good, is. Compiling is possible, but memory is not enough and when the game cannot be started occurs.

Download and give feedback via comment

Snk_Master
February 22nd, 2007, 17:20
THX Man

sedkiller
February 22nd, 2007, 17:22
what is bootleg ??

pkmaximum
February 22nd, 2007, 17:23
Great.... I guess NJ is still taking time to look over his emulator more and more to see what is wrong and how he can update it for us =]

Maybe its a completely long shot but how kool would it be if he added infrastructure support. I'm personally already happy though with ad hoc.

g00gy
February 22nd, 2007, 17:28
NJ never ceases to amaze.

jurkevicz
February 22nd, 2007, 17:36
I've mentioned before on a different post, there are bugs with the 2.0.6 version. So far Aero Fighters 3 won't load, Art of Fighting 1, Viewpoint, World Heroes 1, 3 Count Bout, Sengoku 2, have graphical glitches and missing BackGround.

DarthPaul
February 22nd, 2007, 19:04
I feel so proud for me.. I posted this a while ago here -> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53824 <-

Yay! By the way this is good to hear! Still haven't played ad-hoc mode :(

jurkevicz
February 22nd, 2007, 22:59
There's an rominfo update for MVS2.0.6 that fixes all the problems that i've mentioned above on NJ's site for download.

atagatewood
February 23rd, 2007, 01:00
is there any specific reason why it is called bootleg?

Nocuddle
February 23rd, 2007, 19:17
Hmm didnt notice now it has Command List menu. Sweeeeet! I wanted sumthin like this. Thanks NJ!

For you who dont know what this for, it is a game's Movelist viewer.
Go to:
http://home.comcast.net/~plotor/commhome.html

Copy paste "command.dat" at the root of NCDZPSP or MVSPSP folder.

kyo00
February 23rd, 2007, 20:13
Please macX_romcnv 2.06!!

Baboon
February 23rd, 2007, 21:48
Hmm didnt notice now it has Command List menu. Sweeeeet! I wanted sumthin like this. Thanks NJ!

Go to:

Thanks for the tip, this will be very useful. :)

sedkiller
February 25th, 2007, 18:09

Go to:

Can we use this on CPS1P and CPS2P ??

Baboon
February 26th, 2007, 08:43
Can we use this on CPS1P and CPS2P ??

Yep! :thumbup:

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 15:31
Anyone know if he enabled Hyper SF II Turbo Anniversary Ed to play in this last CPS2? Idon't see a bootleg download for that one...so I'm guessing NO.

jurkevicz
February 26th, 2007, 15:45
I'm having the same problem. I have HSF2p and it create the cache file and everything, but i won't even show on the emus menu. If I rename the rom to HSF2 it shows on the menu but won't play (CRC32 error). Do I need HSF2a?

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 16:21
HSF2A is the only one that works properly...at least in the previous versions of this emulator in Debug Mode (not released anywhere).

You need the XOR tables to make it work...But don't bother....The emu's probably still locked to prevent NJ getting into legal problems...This game was released recently on PS2 and X-Box...so enabling it would be a form of piracy.

Baboon
February 26th, 2007, 18:17
HSF2A is the only one that works properly...at least in the previous versions of this emulator in Debug Mode (not released anywhere).

You need the XOR tables to make it work...But don't bother....The emu's probably still locked to prevent NJ getting into legal problems...This game was released recently on PS2 and X-Box...so enabling it would be a form of piracy.

I heard a rumour that he game does work on NJ's latest build! :eek:

New PM sent to ya fella. :thumbup:

Baboon
February 26th, 2007, 18:17

I heard a rumour that the game does work on NJ's latest build! :eek:

New PM sent to ya fella. :thumbup:

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 20:36
Yup...thanks, mein freund!

BTW, Baboon just did a DOOBIE.lol

Everyone just disregard my last post.

Baboon
February 26th, 2007, 20:45
Yup...thanks, mein freund!

BTW, Baboon just did a DOOBIE.lol

Everyone just disregard my last post.

Yep my mistake... doh! lol

The game is now suported on NJ's sexy new version anyway! lol

tsurumaru
February 26th, 2007, 23:06
Just to let you guys know, you should no longer need the XOR tables since the CPS2 encryption algorithm was cracked recently and this should be included in the latest MAME core (which NJ has incorporated).

http://mamelife.blogspot.com/

ank
February 27th, 2007, 05:37
Um i have a problem with the adhoc...sometimes the timing or sync of the game is not working properly.Like for example I was playing xmen I already beat my friend but in his screen hes still playing.

Ziim
February 28th, 2007, 01:43
How do I get SVC Super Plus to show? Its on the list of included. Does the rom need merged with a parent?

EDIT: The game shows up in the bootleg version, is it possible to play this in ad-hoc?

chud575
February 28th, 2007, 14:24
Anyone know how to open the save state menu?? I've read in the Readme Translation that Start+Select (in game) is what you're supposed to press, but that doesn't work for me. in fact NO combo of keys i have pressed work. Im running 2.71 FW. L+R+Select does bring up the hardware menu. thanks.

Baboon
February 28th, 2007, 14:44
How do I get SVC Super Plus to show? Its on the list of included. Does the rom need merged with a parent?

EDIT: The game shows up in the bootleg version, is it possible to play this in ad-hoc?

I've never tried the bootlegs of svc? ...is there much difference?

I know its a different emu but SVC chaos work well in 2player on the Neo Geo emu. :)

ghai_prince13
February 28th, 2007, 15:02
plz help me my i install downgrader and my psp is not able to on it plz help me out

jurkevicz
February 28th, 2007, 17:36
wrong thread, and you probably bricked it.

Nocuddle
February 28th, 2007, 19:21
I've never tried the bootlegs of svc? ...is there much difference?

One comes with a lilttle hacks such as choose secret character from the select screen. Otherwise to play them you need to input cheat codes.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/code/577829.html

jurkevicz
March 2nd, 2007, 15:38
I may be talking out of my a$$, but would't be possible now that Metal Slug Antology has come out, to see if SNK used emulation for its games? What if and it is a big IF, Metal Slug 6 (An Atomiswave Game) was emulated, couldn't we use the emu to emulate other Atomiswave games. I sure would love to play Samurai Shodown 6 on my PSP! I anyone could do it I know NJ could. But anyway, it is just speculation... Great job NJ!!

Apoklepz
March 2nd, 2007, 21:02
One comes with a lilttle hacks such as choose secret character from the select screen. Otherwise to play them you need to input cheat codes.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/code/577829.html

Hey, thanks for that bit of info:thumbup:

Now I can toss away those savestates I made to play as each secret character. Yes, the bootleg works just as fine as the regular game. I've beaten it twice and haven't encountered any flaws, yet.

Look at the rom_info.mvs file to see the two you have to merge.

Nocuddle
March 3rd, 2007, 03:22
You would want to keep those hack since secret Shin Akuma/Karate & Athena/Arramer wont be able to played by code.

diceone
March 3rd, 2007, 05:47
so....
I'm probably just missing something really obvious here.
but when I attempt to load my copy SFa3 it loads all the parts of the RoM EXCEPT the CACHE?

I"m not 100% what is going on or what I need to do...

pointers?
help?

jurkevicz
March 3rd, 2007, 22:10
Some bootlegs get very creative, on KOF2002 Plus there some new moves and specials. I'm curious about Metal Slug 6 (MS3 Bootleg).

jurkevicz
March 4th, 2007, 00:54
I'm having problems with Sonic Wings 3 and Fatal Fury 2 Special. I get a CRC32 error. I've checked with RomCenter with the updated datcenter the rom is fine. Anyone else having this problem?

jurkevicz
March 5th, 2007, 20:07
bump?

Apoklepz
March 5th, 2007, 22:01
Sorry, wish I could help you out but I'm not playing any of those games at the moment.

Just wanted to add that bootleg games won't show up on the adhoc version of the MVSPSP emulator. I can only get them to load fine in the Bootleg version.

Quicksilversvt
March 7th, 2007, 19:17
Anyone able to get pbobble4 to work on MVSPSP? I put the zip file through romconv and it gives me an error. Should I rename it?

Nocuddle
March 8th, 2007, 00:15
Anyone able to get pbobble4 to work on MVSPSP? I put the zip file through romconv and it gives me an error. Should I rename it?

pbobble4? :confused:

Where is that came from? :eek:

Perhaps that's for MAME. Neo only has up to part2.

comoloco
March 8th, 2007, 05:46
lets try it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quicksilversvt
March 8th, 2007, 12:27
Romconv won't recognize it for me. Try it out and let me know. It looks much better than 2 with more charachters to select.

3elevenX
March 18th, 2007, 01:36
Quick question.

When I unzip these new emulator files to install on my 1.5 psp I see only 1 folder where there should be 2.

I see:

cps2psp

The second folder "cps2psp%" isn't included, do we not need this folder anymore to get the emulator to work or what am I missing here?

Nocuddle
March 18th, 2007, 03:02
U dont need the % folder in OE, i think.

nemoseiya
March 20th, 2007, 01:31
how do you get ad hoc working for the cps 2 emu? forgive me if this is a stupid question..

Dunpeal1978
March 23rd, 2007, 04:46
Can someone clarify what the differences are between some of these emulators?

Chameleon
March 23rd, 2007, 04:58
cps1=capcom play system 1
cps2= capcom play system 2
mvs= neo geo
ncdz= neo geo cd

Dunpeal1978
March 23rd, 2007, 19:42
Ok let me clarify what I was asking ......adhoc is self explanitory............I'm guessing from reading a previous post in this thread that bootleg just allows you to use cheat codes?.......but my main question is what is the difference between cps1psp and cps2psp?

Baboon
March 23rd, 2007, 19:51
Ok let me clarify what I was asking ......adhoc is self explanitory............I'm guessing from reading a previous post in this thread that bootleg just allows you to use cheat codes?.......but my main question is what is the difference between cps1psp and cps2psp?

List of CPS1 games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-1#List_of_CPS-1_Games

List of CPS2 games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-2#List_of_CPS-2_Games

valovedder
March 26th, 2007, 01:37
Sorry to bother you fella's but i need help.
I was running 1.50 firmware with neocd. All worked well. I have now installed 3.03 OE-C.
I have installed ncdz and i can't get it to play the mp3's. The game loads fine but with message CDDA can't find mp3s. I have tried them in neocd.mp3 and ncdzpsp.mp3. Also tried them just in the game folder.
Secondly with the cps2 emulator i always get could not start cache. Any ideas?? i have no trouble with the cps1 emulator.
Thanks very much for any help you can throw my way. Cheers.

Nocuddle
March 26th, 2007, 06:19
Sorry to bother you fella's but i need help.
I was running 1.50 firmware with neocd. All worked well. I have now installed 3.03 OE-C.
I have installed ncdz and i can't get it to play the mp3's. The game loads fine but with message CDDA can't find mp3s. I have tried them in neocd.mp3 and ncdzpsp.mp3. Also tried them just in the game folder.
Secondly with the cps2 emulator i always get could not start cache. Any ideas?? i have no trouble with the cps1 emulator.
Thanks very much for any help you can throw my way. Cheers.

Folder called "mp3" in new NCDZ.
The NCDZ emu should be in GAME150 folder.

valovedder
March 26th, 2007, 08:18
@ No Cuddle. Cheers mate can't believe i was so stupid. Heres another one. If i put the emu folders in GAME150 they do not show. This in both 3.03 and 1.50 kerbal modes. If i leave them in GAME they will only play in 1.50 kernal. Any ideas why??

valovedder
March 26th, 2007, 09:55
Antone help me. I've looked all over for the answer but when i try to run a rom in cps2psp iy loads all roms then states 'could not open cache'. So nothing will work. How do i solve this. Thanks for any help!!

DONT WORRY!! I got it sorted, i'm such a dunce!!!

Chameleon
March 26th, 2007, 10:09
their is a converter with the emulators that takes the rom and converts it into cache, than you must put the results of the converter in the cache folder inside the emulator folder

Nocuddle
March 26th, 2007, 10:56
@ No Cuddle. Cheers mate can't believe i was so stupid. Heres another one. If i put the emu folders in GAME150 they do not show. This in both 3.03 and 1.50 kerbal modes. If i leave them in GAME they will only play in 1.50 kernal. Any ideas why??

No prob matey. U just missed the updated README as it changed the naming to "mp3" in NCDZ 2.x version.

For the 2nd answer. Make a folder called "NCDZPSP" in GAME150, you dont need "%__SCE__NCDZPSP" folder anymore. Then go to Recovery mode, go to CONFIG -> GAME FOLDER HOMEBREW & enable 1.50 Kernel.

The_It
April 1st, 2007, 23:46
How do I convert metal slug 1 and 3 for mvspsp? there is a gfx error

The_It
April 1st, 2007, 23:56
4 and 5 dont work either

jurkevicz
April 2nd, 2007, 00:09
Dude, you got to be doing something wrong. I've got all Metal Slugs working...

The_It
April 2nd, 2007, 01:02
I use romcnv_mvs.exe, select mslug.zip, and it gives me the error

file not found or CRC32 not correct. "GFX3"

the read me isn't in english so I don't know what to do.

jurkevicz
April 2nd, 2007, 01:17
You got to make sure your rneo-geo rom is for mame and not neorageX, that's one common mistake.

The_It
April 2nd, 2007, 02:13
mame? maby thats why. I was looking at neo geo

Dunpeal1978
April 4th, 2007, 03:34
If this release has MAME support,does that mean I dont have to use MAME4ALL anymore?

Baboon
April 4th, 2007, 09:06
If this release has MAME support,does that mean I dont have to use MAME4ALL anymore?

Nj's releases only cover CPS1, CPS2 and neogeo aracde titles - for me thats most of the top games like Street Fighter 2, Marvel Vs Capcom, Metal Slug etc. :)

There are still many, many games though on Mame4all (different arcade boards) that will not work with NJ's emulators eg: Robocop, POW, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shinobi, Shadow Warriors, Ghost and Goblins, Snow Bros, Dragonninja, Dark seal, Gauntlet, Silkworm etc etc ...so mame4all is a permanent fixture on my psp! :)

phattboy29
April 4th, 2007, 17:10
can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong? i'm trying to add "command.dat" to the cp2psp 2.0 version i have and i have it in the "GAME150" folder, should it be directly inside the cp2psp folder? i just want to be able to view the movesets of the characters

thanks

Nocuddle
April 4th, 2007, 17:50
should it be directly inside the cp2psp folder?

U just answered ur own question. :rolleyes:

Yeah, put "command.dat" in ROOT folder of the CPS1/2/MVS/NCDZ folder.

Dunpeal1978
April 4th, 2007, 23:59
U just answered ur own question. :rolleyes:

Yeah, put "command.dat" in ROOT folder of the CPS1/2/MVS/NCDZ folder.

OK I understood where to install it. But how do you use in while using the emulator?

Nocuddle
April 5th, 2007, 01:06
When playing a game, press HOME. You will see an option....

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 01:55
just a quick question.

Anyone know how to do the shining force with akuma in SVC Chaos and if possible in marvel super heroes.vs.street fighter?

Also anyone know how to change to dark ryu in marvel.vs.capcom?

Thanks again

Nocuddle
April 5th, 2007, 03:01
Dunno what that Shining Force, mind u am Pro SNK. :P

Tried GameFaqs?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/577829.html

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 04:20
The "shining force" im refering to is the most powerful special akuma has to where the screen darkens and you see lights through out the screen, then you see akuma standing with his back turned and the symbol on his back is glowing. Sorry for the bad description.

Also i want to know how to do these moves on the psp as its button configuration is different and gamefacts and other sites won't have information on how to do the move on psp since we are running the game via a emulator.

Zombo
April 5th, 2007, 04:33
The Shun Goku Satsu?
LP,LP,Forward,LK,HP
Man I love that move :P

I know how to perform it in the CPS2 games (Using the normal button config)
Square,Square,Forward,X,L

Nocuddle
April 5th, 2007, 05:38
Ahh that cool looking punch-in-the-dark Super/Secret Death Moves.

And for the note, default setting:
Low Punch = X
Low Kick = O
High Punch = []
High Kick = /\

ps: Shin Mr karate kick ass SF fighters anytime.

*awaits for the warcry screams*
*runs away*

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 06:01
Thanks, also is there a way to change akuma to shin akuma while fighting?

[Roger]
April 5th, 2007, 06:31
how can i run King oF Fighters 99

i have the CD

Zombo
April 5th, 2007, 06:40
Not that I know of,of course you could always get the Neo Geo bios,set the game to Console,and in the bios menu you can select Secret characters unlocked.

[Roger]
April 5th, 2007, 07:02
what i good god name is

NEOGEN.BIOS

Nocuddle
April 5th, 2007, 07:22
Thanks, also is there a way to change akuma to shin akuma while fighting?

Hmm, thats weird. I thought Gamefaqs has the code for the Shins. I swear I saw it before, but Im not sure if it were working tho. Btw, you cant change norm to Shin Akuma/Karate.

So it gives you the only way to play t3h 2 Shins, Athena & Red Arramer is thru UniBios or some bootleg rom hacks. Ordinary bios wont work.

;395781']how can i run King oF Fighters 99

i have the CD

In NCDZPSP (assuming you know & already install the emu on PSp with bios, etc):

1. make a folder called "ROM", put it in ROOT of NCDZPSP folder.

2. make a folder inside ROM folder, name it "KOF99".

3. from original KOF99 NeoGeo CD-Rom, copy all data files into "KOF99" folder. you may zip it & named to kof99.zip but cons the load time.

4. convert all music files from your CD into mp3. Remember music start from Track #2, no matter what. If your Audio converter say so, rename 01 to 02, 02 to 03...

5. you may named your mp3s like eg: "02.mp3" or "Track 02.mp3" or "KOF99-02.mp3".

6. make a folder called "mp3" inside "KOF99" folder. all mp3 goes into mp3 folder.

7. run the game.

Summary:
ms0:/PSP/GAME150/NCDZPSP/ROM/KOF99/MP3

bios (neocd.bin) in NCDZPSP folder
all datas in KOF99 folder
all kof99 music in KOF99 folder

I suggest convert the mp3s to right between 128-192 kbps. No use for anything higher than that coz u only pump the sound from PSP's speaker... unless u plug it to ur 7.1 whatever channel amp. :D

Dunpeal1978
April 6th, 2007, 07:38
There are still many, many games though on Mame4all (different arcade boards) that will not work with NJ's emulators eg: Robocop, POW, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shinobi, Shadow Warriors, Ghost and Goblins, Snow Bros, Dragonninja, Dark seal, Gauntlet, Silkworm etc etc ...so mame4all is a permanent fixture on my psp! :)

LOL ............I just noticed you said "Snow Bros" that is the best ardcade game ever. "NITD" is only an improvement on the original as far as I'm concerned............mad props on that :D :thumbup:

teh_twisted
April 8th, 2007, 04:20
ey, I just got it all working on my PSP (so far :)) Marvel vs Capcom runs great (68-72 fps... nice :))

Now... I got the Ad Hoc version, but, how the hell do I use that? I'd love to be able to whoop my friends ass in Marvel vs. Capcom...

Google didn't return much tbfh...

found a youtube vid which said something about "Netplay" but... how do I get into that?

k... found out, press SQUARE when launching a game instead of CIRCLE

Baboon
April 8th, 2007, 11:32
LOL ............I just noticed you said "Snow Bros" that is the best ardcade game ever. "NITD" is only an improvement on the original as far as I'm concerned............mad props on that :D :thumbup:

Snow bros does kick ass... and your right, Nightmare in the Dark is also an excellent title (even though it is a complete rip off of snow bros lol). :thumbup:

RedKing14CA
April 9th, 2007, 08:33
Wont play 1941 1943 1944 or 1945 :(

DAMN IT! I HATE THE WORLD!!!!!

RedKing14CA
April 9th, 2007, 08:34
thx ofr mslug tho :D

RedKing14CA
April 9th, 2007, 21:27
Metal Slug 3, and 4 wont work, s1945p wont work, havent tried meatal slug 4 or 5, trying x, 3 unencrpted, and 6 bootleg...

1942, 1943 wont work..

thx for 19xx and 1941 fun fun!! :D 1944 works too

metal slug 1 and 2 i just beat, not much replay value :(

but thx!!! trying shock troopers now!

and metal slug x

get back to you soon! LUVS :thumbup:

Nocuddle
April 10th, 2007, 03:56
MS3 works. Unless u got wrong ROM.

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2007, 21:36
I dont know, i suppose they could be the wrong rom, no one ever tells me where to get them, i dont know how the hell to get them off the arcade machines!!!

I just go to (not to bend any rules :thumbup: ) hustler and download them there..

but i guess s1945p and mslug3 and all the others besxides 1 and 2 could all be fakes or something, i cant test them on my pc, i'm "grounded" :thumbup:

Shock troopers 1 and 2 (tho 2 sucks) seam to work fine, and mslug 1 and 2...

i really am enjoying 1944 and 19xx on cps2

thx all, sorry you can't tell me where to get good roms, its a democracy, and you elect shitty representitives :thumbup:

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2007, 22:02
Yes Mslug 3 seams to work, if you get the right rom, though i sill hear static instead of sound, for the most art.. atleast i get video now....

strikers 1945 plus still doesnt work, even with correct working rom, it just gives black screen, why?

hmm... i can see the hud :D

well.... anyone have any suggestions? only mame games i love are the 19xx series, and mslug...

shock troopers is ok.. i'm up for suggestions as there isnt anything else to do besides play the guitar all spring break :D

RedKing14CA
April 10th, 2007, 22:04
Maybe a star wars or RPG type game? one that works with the psp

even racing, hell i'm ****in' bored~!

i can master fighting games but they're borish to me... except that one with yoshimitsu and ogre, what game is that... ****... soul calli?

pardon my lingistics...!

RedKing14CA
April 11th, 2007, 02:40
I was so bored i came to my friends house and told him i could get mslug 1-3 working in adhoc, so we could beat it together..

now im here on his pc...

how does the ad-hoc version work????

RedKing14CA
April 12th, 2007, 21:13
I remember the good ol' days when the internet wasnt so popular.. when people would help eachother....

RedKing14CA
April 12th, 2007, 21:17
Those were the days...

Yeah, btw, the emulator only works with working roms..

for that mslug 3 rom you might need sound samples, maybe there just isnt a good rom available?

some good games are:

1. Metal Slug

2. Strikers 1945 plus and the 19xx series

3. Shock Troopers

4. Aero Fighters (not so good)

for cps2:

5. D and D series

6. Giga Wing

......... thats all i could find...

to use the ad-hoc mode, JUST PRESS SQUARE :D

yeah, there arnt english instrucrions, SORRY!!! your SOL, buddy!

also, you need a bios file, wont tell you where to get it!

to use mame32, you cant! HA!!!

satty
April 13th, 2007, 03:32
So how do I get this working on a 1.5 firmware psp? I used older versions fine, but I can't install it. I copy the mvspsp folder into games folder, and it should go rite? (minus actually making games work) I get an 80020001 error. what am i missing? thx

RedKing14CA
April 13th, 2007, 21:47
i have 1.5 also, just download psp brew, and oben the eboot.pbp inside the cps or mvs folder (whatever the hell one you want)

and clikc save pbp

it will create a MVSPSP% or "x%" folder.. you know what i mean? x being the application

then it will work with 1.5!!!

get it?

RedKing14CA
April 13th, 2007, 21:49
Does anyone know why the hell metal slug 3 has no sound, just music, and alot of static?

mslug3n (unencrypted) has perfect sound, and no video

mslug3n6 (bootleg 6?)

wont show up..

also, whats the [bootleg] version of the emulator do?

is that what playing the (bootleg) games requires???

polywave
April 14th, 2007, 12:17
Is there anyone know about the desynchronize between two PSP when using adhoc mode? I saw there are several post asking about this but no one answer. I have the same problem. When we play for the game by adhoc mode, it start prefect. However, later the two psp will show different scene and not synchronize together. I try different setting but the result is the same. If anyone know how to make the setting, pls advice.

djaxon12
April 14th, 2007, 15:41
i just recently got a psp and im desperate to hook up some old skool games on it.

since i've heard bout the capcom emulator i've been tryin to make it work but unfortunately i've had no luck doin so.

What i need is help from a psp/emulator buff!

My psp is currently runnin on system software version 3.03. I've dowloaded the emulator put it in the games folder in the psp file and unzipped it.

when i put my memory card back into the psp i find my emulator in there with an icon and everything.

However...when i run the emulator it reads the following:

The game could not be started. (80020148)

Does any1 know what i need 2 do or what im doing wrong...if so can some1 please please help me get this shit fix'd

thanx

Baboon
April 14th, 2007, 16:50
i just recently got a psp and im desperate to hook up some old skool games on it.

since i've heard bout the capcom emulator i've been tryin to make it work but unfortunately i've had no luck doin so.

What i need is help from a psp/emulator buff!

My psp is currently runnin on system software version 3.03. I've dowloaded the emulator put it in the games folder in the psp file and unzipped it.

when i put my memory card back into the psp i find my emulator in there with an icon and everything.

However...when i run the emulator it reads the following:

The game could not be started. (80020148)

Does any1 know what i need 2 do or what im doing wrong...if so can some1 please please help me get this shit fix'd

thanx

Are you on a standard psp 3.03? ...if so you cant run any emulators until you downgrade (well upgrade really) to 1.5. Go here to get the downgrader: http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=1

Once your at 1.5 you can run anything... plus you can even go onto an OE firmware if you want. :thumbup:

djaxon12
April 14th, 2007, 17:46
thank u mate.....ur a pure star

Dunpeal1978
April 15th, 2007, 09:30
Downgrade your PSP to 1.50 reformat your memory stick and do a fresh install of whatever custom firmware you want......then reload the latest emulator release and enjoy

Kyros
April 16th, 2007, 23:37
Hi all, can anyone tell me if MVSPSP v. 2.0.6 is the most recent update from NJ and which is better between the bootleg version and adhoc, also can someone recommend the best games for MVS for me...thanx for your time.

Goemon4
April 19th, 2007, 23:11
it is the latest and just use the norm, the best games are the King of Fighters, Metal Slug, and Last Blade series imo, but there tons of great ones, check out

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/news.php

for good reviews on neo geo games...

and for my question, since i dont feel like makign a new topic :P can anyone help me with playing games like
Aof1, Fatal Fury 1+2 etc, since i keep getting a "CRC32 not correct. GFX3" error, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

RedKing14CA
April 21st, 2007, 19:09
I dont get the errors either, some roms just plain dont work, even if they're on the compatibility list.. icenoticed alot of games that arent bootleg work in the "bootleg" version

I'd say the best games to use on this emulator are: Giga Wing, Mslug 1 and 2, and then with bootleg mslug3n (unencrypted so you get sound :D)
mslug 4, and mslug 5, and mslug6b3 all work with bootleg version of the emu.... i think strikers 1945p works with the emu too, i've been too busy with 1944 though...

lets see, Dungeons and Dragons is ok too....

cant think of anymore...

and remember, ad-hoc is for multiplayrer, the reason it go's out of sync is because its not ever insync.... the emulator only sends the BUTTON commands back and forth from one psp to the other... NOT the actual game AT ALL... it works best if you have a PSP to TV adapter and play using only one psp... it will never go out of sync, just use one psp on the psp to tv thing, and use them both as controllers and use the TV as your main arcade tv..

confusing..

but it works!!!

and yes, the emulator doesnst work on anthing past 1.5 unless you have one of those fake updates that i heard about.. like 2.71 custom firmware or whatever...

i just use Devhook to emulate 3.03

remember, just downgrade to 1.5

and then you'll need "PSPbrew" to "save" the PBP FOR 1.5 NOT 1.0 or 2.0

:D

goodluck, mates

RedKing14CA
April 21st, 2007, 19:16
I'm pretty sure Metal SLug X, Metal Slug 3, and metal slug 3 unencrypted, and strikers 1945p

ONLY work in the "bootleg" version emulator....

not sure about mslug 4 - mslug 5

but probably same case

2 is my favourite story wise, and 3 is my favourite gameplay wise..

but i just got 5 and X, so.... it might be the best

i'm buying the actual NEO GEO SYSTEM!!!

or an arcade with all 6 games... whichever is cheapest..... LOL

firemaster#1
May 4th, 2007, 02:38
Does mvspsp load on 3.03OE-C

alanparker05
May 6th, 2007, 18:42
hope its got good compatability with the games i like

bibisolon
May 16th, 2007, 19:04
m slug mark of the wolves doesnt work why?

bibisolon
May 16th, 2007, 19:17
it works on the bootleg version m slug 5!!

syberjj
May 21st, 2007, 00:14
Hey guys,
has been a long time I used my psp (long story so I will not try to tell it)
anyways, it is still with firmware V1.5 and I would really love to try this emulator out!
but the download file (cps1psp_2.0.6_adhoc.zip) only has one folder named "cps1psp", shouldn't there be a second one named "cps1psp%" or something like that?
I dont remember how this whole thing works so some help would be great

thanks!

EDIT: could someone post some info on the difference between all those files for download here?!?

EDIT: Can someone post ENGLISH READMEs???

Atvaark
May 24th, 2007, 15:59
Alright, hope this helps a bit, it's been stated before, but no one listens...

To All who get the crc32 errors: you're using original neo geo roms, they won't work, you need to search for those games on the mame platform. make sure to get a cache file from it and it will work

jeez. oh and thanks, i was no better than them before i read the answer higher up.

kiariki
May 26th, 2007, 13:35
Why is it that after playing a bit of Samurai Shodown III (Neo Geo CD), my PSP only feels like thinking I'm pressing right-button? It froze when I pressed home and on the XMB, the PSP still thinks I'm pressing right-button...

I'm going to try recovering it to 1.50 and see if that works... But... Why did this happen? O_o

Edit: Nothing at all. >_> PSP still thinks I'm pressing right-button... I'm going to open and see if the button got dislodged by accident or something.

Edit2: Fixed. Didn't even have to open the PSP (couldn't anyway... The screws were screwed far too tightly for me to unscrew). All I had to do was press the D-pad hard. :D

syberjj
May 30th, 2007, 19:20
*bump*
could someone translate the readme?
I can't understand the cache thing...
In what format do the roms need to be (so many different neo geo rom formats)
and do I need to have the game in the rom folder AND the cache file in the cache folder? or is the cache file alone enough?

thanks

Hunny17
June 7th, 2007, 18:28
Hey bro thanx

n8archer_XI
June 28th, 2007, 20:20
So do you need the rom and cache file? The cache files are necessary, I know, but they're real memory-hogs.

istillcwalk
July 4th, 2007, 05:12
wen i finish installin my cps2psp into my 3.40oe-a psp wen i run the emu it say ( game could not be started)...(80030248)..............can anyone help?

Zombo
July 4th, 2007, 12:05
OK
1.When you start up the PSP Hold R Until you get the Recovery Mode

2.Go to Configuration

3.When you see "Game folder homebrew (currently: 3.40 Kernel) Highlight it and Press X (This will change it to 1.50)

4.Now go back and exit.

Enjoy! (Hopefully it helped)

firemaster#1
July 7th, 2007, 16:00
Every time I try to run mshvsf I get a crc32 error watz da problem

Zombo
July 7th, 2007, 16:25
Did you cache the rom?

firemaster#1
July 7th, 2007, 16:37
yes

firemaster#1
July 7th, 2007, 16:41
do u need bios where can u get dem

firemaster#1
July 7th, 2007, 16:45
Can anyone tell me

Nocuddle
July 7th, 2007, 19:24
do u need bios where can u get dem

Google.com

type: neogeo.zip or neogeo bios

& dont triple posts. :(

Zombo
July 10th, 2007, 02:09
I was actually displeased to learn that playing the games in Ad-Hoc is indeed out of sync! As someone mentioned before only sends out the button commands! But you both don't get the same screen! Hell I managed to get X-Men Vs. Street Fighter to work in Ad-Hoc and right when im about to pull a Super both of are PSP's freeze!

n8archer_XI
July 21st, 2007, 20:15
After you get the cache file from the converter, do you need all the files inside? Are there some you can delete?

Saracchini
July 21st, 2007, 20:20
After you get the cache file from the converter, do you still need the rom?

Yes ,you need it.Itīs great to eat MS espace ...

n8archer_XI
July 21st, 2007, 20:22
in each rom's respective cache folder, is there anything you can delete? crom, vrom? (emulators are taking up too much damn space!)

Nocuddle
July 22nd, 2007, 04:28
When u convert to cache, you can see the list of whats decrypted.
Delete those roms in the ROM zip file as per list.

NovaKane
August 8th, 2007, 02:05
NJ Pwns!

flipmode81
August 17th, 2007, 13:54
Sorry im new to all this, is there a step by step of how to install this please?

Nocuddle
August 17th, 2007, 23:14
Sorry im new to all this, is there a step by step of how to install this please?

1. Unzip emu file.
2. Copy MVSPSP, CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP or NCDZPSP onto ms0:\PSP\GAME or GAME150.
3. Google NeoGeo bios (for MVSPSP, put this in ROMS folder) or Neocd.bin (for NCDZPSP, put this in NCDZPSP root directory).
4. Get MAME rom.
5. In each emu files you unzipped (except CPS1PSP) you will see a folder called ROMCNV.
6. For example: open "mvsconv.bat", then choose KOF98 zipped rom. It will convert & cache'ing the zipped rom.
7. On the DOS window you will see list of rom that has been cached. Delete those roms from the KOF98 zip file, to make the size smaller. In this KOF98 case, all C & V roms).
8. Now you have 'newly lite size' "KOF98.zip" (put this in ROMS folder) & "kof98_cache" folder (put this in CACHE folder).
9. Play.

Example directories for MVSPSP:

ms0: /PSP/GAME/MVSPSP/ (root directory)
> EBOOT.PBP
> mvspsp.ini
> command.dat (Optional MAME command.dat)
> cache/
>> kof98_cache
>> mslug_cache
> config/
> memcard/
> nvram/
> snap/
> state/
> roms/
>> neogeo.zip (NEOGEO BIOS)
>> kof98.zip
>> mslug.zip

Note: the emu will auto generate the file/folder if you dont see em from above list.

Gluck. :thumbup:

stika
August 24th, 2007, 00:36
guys please help, i am trying to use CPS 2 emulator, alreadu converted the roms to cache, but i get a message saying "Could not allocate REGION_CPU1 memory", other times i get "could not allocate REGION_USER1 memory"

what do i need to do?

zan_master
September 15th, 2007, 19:37
when I open mvs in my psp and run the game my psp tell me "CRC32 is not corrent"

why ??

VagrantWalker
September 26th, 2007, 18:07
How do you run both MVSPSP and MVSPSP Bootleg at the same time? They both have the same file names... Or does the Bootleg version still support standard MVS games?

o1mlc
September 26th, 2007, 21:14
@VagrantWalker - I'm running the bootleg version and standard roms run fine for me so...