PDA

View Full Version : DS: Elite Beat Agents Sequel Announced

ICE
February 22nd, 2007, 19:49
We gave last year's Elite Beat Agents a 9.5, so you can bet we've been hoping for a sequel. Our hopes were fulfilled today. Japan's Dengeki Online reports that a sequel to the unique rhythm title is being readied for Japanese release later this year.

In Japan, the sequel will be titled Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (the original was just Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan). The first part of the title translates to "Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul!". Now we're really excited!

Aside from the promise of multiplayer support for up to 4 players, details on the sequel have yet to be made public.

Nintendo Japan announced a few other games today, including more "non-games" that Japan is sure to eat up. Check back here at IGN DS and over at IGN Wii for more details to follow.

via:IGN

canvasch
February 22nd, 2007, 21:04
i loved the first one... but honestly i didn't like the songs... maybe 1 or 2 of them were allright... but the rest sucked.. the awesome gameplay made up for it... but cmon nintendo.... get some good music on this sequel!

rishard10212
February 23rd, 2007, 00:41
will the song be better? lol. the game was solid and great but, eh? COMN its a game with music. give some good music

DanTheManMS
February 23rd, 2007, 01:48
Wasn't this already posted? (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53724)

Still good news though. I hope they localize the sequal as well, though given the disappointing sales of the first one, they might consider it to be too much trouble.

ShinMike
February 23rd, 2007, 18:06
some more ashley simpson pweeaasee!!!

*deads*

Yeah a song or two were decent haha, when i heard that stupid ashley simpson song i wanted to kill my ds, game was awesome anyhow

toymin80r
February 23rd, 2007, 23:51
Wasn't this already posted? (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53724)

no, that old one was the sequel to Oendan, which i find better than EBA because of the better amount of good songs although i cant understand them. They just have good rhythm.

Junixx
February 24th, 2007, 00:15
It's the same, the actual full article name on IGN is "Elite Beat Agents Sequel Announced (Sort of)"

Never says anything about an actual sequel to EBA, just hopes for it

I actually found about.....11 songs that I liked..

DanTheManMS
February 24th, 2007, 03:21
no, that old one was the sequel to Oendan

...which is exactly what this topic is about as well... >_>

This is from the first post of this thread:

We gave last year's Elite Beat Agents a 9.5, so you can bet we've been hoping for a sequel. Our hopes were fulfilled today. Japan's Dengeki Online reports that a sequel to the unique rhythm title is being readied for Japanese release later this year.

In Japan, the sequel will be titled Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (the original was just Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan). The first part of the title translates to "Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul!". Now we're really excited!