PDA

View Full Version : Greece PS3 to cost 659 Euros

gunntims0103
February 22nd, 2007, 20:45
news via psu (http://www.psu.com/node/8113)

You might feel that the PlayStation 3 is over-priced in your country but think yourselves lucky; Greece retailers will be selling the PS3 at 659 Euros, about 442 GBP.

Online stores are listing the 60GB package of Sony’s new entertainment system at the high price, and this is €60 more than the deal set to launch in the rest of Europe.

The PlayStation 3 will launch in Europe on 23rd March. Stay tuned to PSU as we’ll have full coverage of the event as it unfolds.

feedback via comment

spahar
February 22nd, 2007, 22:01
I'm Greek and I'm really dissapointed. I just don't understand Sony, when you say 599 euro it's 599 euro, not 659 euro. This is a very smart move, taking something expensive and making it more expensive, way to go Sony.

Triv1um
February 22nd, 2007, 22:52
that's not fair.

not a smart move, they really need to revise there prices.

JKKDARK
February 22nd, 2007, 23:01
I'm Greek and I'm really dissapointed. I just don't understand Sony, when you say 599 euro it's 599 euro, not 659 euro. This is a very smart move, taking something expensive and making it more expensive, way to go Sony.

Don't worry. It's another reason to get an Xbox 360 or a Wii :)

masterpaul
February 22nd, 2007, 23:10
MY sony fanboy friends arnt planning to get a PS3 anymore. Instead they are now planning to get a WII or an 360.

SONYS loyal fanbase betrayed them.

ElRazur
February 22nd, 2007, 23:37
I'm fed up of reading the same drivel day in day out....Sony dont have control over things like a country's vat etc....Ireland is paying more due to their different VAT system, this bumps the price up. Im pretty confident it is the same thing in Greece.

A true sony fanyboy would know that.

ketchup
February 23rd, 2007, 07:34
SONYS loyal fanbase betrayed them.
Or vice-versa?

I'm fed up of reading the same drivel day in day out....Sony dont have control over things like a country's vat etc....Ireland is paying more due to their different VAT system, this bumps the price up. Im pretty confident it is the same thing in Greece.

Well most EU countries are at around 18% VAT Ireland and Finland (where I live) are nearer to 22% VAT. Greece is only 19% I understand. Approx 1% difference to the majority of Europe. Even on €600 that is only €6 more not €60, (that would be only €30 in Ireland, still half of the €60 price hike).

You maybe fed up but also seem like a fanboy who will take all thats fed to him without question.
"Your overpriced PS3 is at the bottom of that cliff. The only way to get to it is to jump down. Jump to it!!!!"

Tree
February 23rd, 2007, 16:36
PS3 ave gotta get the prices down soon!

spahar
February 23rd, 2007, 17:20
Well most EU countries are at around 18% VAT Ireland and Finland (where I live) are nearer to 22% VAT. Greece is only 19% I understand. Approx 1% difference to the majority of Europe. Even on €600 that is only €6 more not €60, (that would be only €30 in Ireland, still half of the €60 price hike).

You maybe fed up but also seem like a fanboy who will take all thats fed to him without question.
"Your overpriced PS3 is at the bottom of that cliff. The only way to get to it is to jump down. Jump to it!!!!"

That's right. I think that all the EU Union Countries have 19% VAT, not only Greece. But even if only Greece has 19%, 1% more isn't cabaple of incrising the price 10%, just like you said.

If some people want to find an excuse for what Sony Hellas did let them say that the VAT is to blame for the price increase.

Don't worry. It's another reason to get an Xbox 360 or a Wii

I will get an X360 in a few months, but this not enough in order not to get a PS3. I want FF13.

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2007, 17:38
Whoa, the PS3 in Greece will be sold at €660/£442? Astounding, I though it was mainly the UK that got ripped off with the £425 price tag compared to most everywhere else.