PDA

View Full Version : PSP DVD Player?

IndianCheese
February 22nd, 2007, 22:05
I was looking at this picture when I got an idea...
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2950&stc=1&d=1139144015
Notice the homebrew icon at the bottom that says "JzDVDPlayer." I have no idea what the hell this is, and my buddy Google doesn't seem to have any poop on it either, but once I got to thinkink about what this could be, I got a great idea!

What if there was a PC program that could rip DVDs into compressed, encrypted proprietary disc images for direct playback on the PSP? This would give all of the advantages UMD Video had to offer (full-res video, menus, subtitles, multi-languages, special features, etc.) without your movie being trapped in your tiny PSP screen. The only downfall would be that DVD movies are huge and your mem stick would fill up way fast.

shorty_carnage
February 22nd, 2007, 22:30
sounds good mate

acn010
February 22nd, 2007, 22:31
the only thing i would say is that theres many apps for psp that wasn't even published for public or its rare to find... i must say it probably reads .vob files?

IndianCheese
February 22nd, 2007, 23:06
I was suggesting this as an idea for someone to make.

Cloudhunter
February 22nd, 2007, 23:33
No offence... but this is pointless. Converting them is a much easier way to do things... It's simple enough to rip then convert to MP4, taking up a fraction of the space and using all the resolution that the PSP has to offer, thanks to PMP and Dark_AleX. (Depending which format you use.)

And, if you converted it to UMD Video format, it would take up lots of space...

Cloudy

F9zDark
February 22nd, 2007, 23:58
What if there was a PC program that could rip DVDs into compressed, encrypted proprietary disc images for direct playback on the PSP?

Uh why not rip your DVDs and use PimpStreamer? Works great and requires no memorystick space for movies...

SSaxdude
February 23rd, 2007, 00:31
I would like to see .avi support for the PSP. DVD rips are almost always in .avi format. .avi has many great codecs (DivX, Xvid) that give it a great picture quality.

mavsman4457
February 24th, 2007, 03:25
I would like to see what SSaxdude wants and what IndianCheese wants. They are both good ideas and should be .prx's that can be implemented into a custom firmware.