PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Battery InfO v1!

EvilSeph
February 23rd, 2007, 00:19
Team tOc is proud to announce the release of Battery InfO!

Battery InfO
v1 by Team tOc

Members of Team tOc are: EvilSeph, Moca, TUW (The Unique Warrior), MaTiAz, Ahadiel and kando

Battery InfO is an OE PRX that provides you with easy access to detailed information about your PSP's battery. Why is this needed? Well, usually to get such information you'd have to go through your xmb and go to Battery Information. With our PRX, it's all right there on the screen already. Battery InfO is just a small part of a larger project we're busy thinking about (maybe working on...who knows? :P). One cool feature apart from the customization of how the information is presented is the ability to hide and show the information at the press of a button. By default the Battery InfO displays on the screen.

When displaying some screenshots of what we were working on some people gave us suggestions and that resulted in completely different versions of one plugin, so, we decided to give everyone the best of all three worlds.

We were going to be the first to do this, but then hallo007 released his first. :) We chose to make ours better before releasing it and tried to make it as useful as possible, as well as aesthetically pleasing.

As always, we stress that you read the readme.txt AND, in this case, the configuration text too as they both contain important information.

On a side note, please welcome MaTiAz to our team! :)

Download can be found in the downloads section (http://arch-opterix.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=1) on our site or attached to this post.

Screenshot:
http://arch-opterix.com/images/battinfo_rev3.jpg

mikebeaver
February 23rd, 2007, 00:26
Looks good mate, already have it installed.
keep up the good work team T0c :)

burrito
February 23rd, 2007, 00:31
Nice job!
Do you think you could add the feature for it to show up while you press Home while in a UMD?

EvilSeph
February 23rd, 2007, 00:33
We're working on it. No promises though. ;)

xxcolbyxx
February 23rd, 2007, 00:35
I dont understand this part of the installation:

2. Open vsh.txt (if it already exists, if not, create it).
3. Add "ms0:/seplugins/battery.prx" (without the quotation marks).

Is the vsh simply the folder that i can access when i enter the recov menu? OR do i have to literally create the vsh.txt file by myself? How do i create this .txt? Thanks for your help =)

blackrave
February 23rd, 2007, 01:23
Create a file named vsh.txt in ms0:/seplugins using Notepad or anything similar. Then just add the line ms0:/seplugins/battery.prx and then enable it in the recovery menu.

Great work, EvilSeph and the rest of Team ToC! This is now my favourite battery PRX. I submitted the news, but didn't see you already had announced it officially.
I hope you will keep improving it (and the rest of the project).

tiosolid
February 23rd, 2007, 02:19
Devilish memory card?? o.0

nice release btw, but still waiting for my PSP ;/

pt9087
February 23rd, 2007, 02:25
LoL yer nice plug but i think i will stick with my cig burning down lol

EvilSeph
February 23rd, 2007, 02:35
You can have the best of both worlds ;)

Cig as your battery icon and Battery InfO displaying. You can configure what you want to display. Read battery.txt :)

jordanblack68
February 23rd, 2007, 03:14
Very nice indeed, thanks t0c, best team ever

YourStillWithMe
February 23rd, 2007, 03:24
seriously, i feel like a moron. I made the vsh.txt file and put that line the file. Does it have to be somewhere special on the memory stick? I've figured out plenty of things before but feel kinda lazy now haha quick help would be cool thanks! Its not showing up in the recovery menu. . . .

EvilSeph
February 23rd, 2007, 03:37
Create a file named vsh.txt in ms0:/seplugins using Notepad or anything similar. Then just add the line ms0:/seplugins/battery.prx and then enable it in the recovery menu.

I'd write my own reply, but he said it perfectly.

xxcolbyxx
February 23rd, 2007, 04:51
Alright, so i have the folder in the root, and the vsh.txt with ms0:/seplugins/battery.prx in it, and the vsh.txt is also in the root.

When i go to plugins, it isnt there. I guess im having the same problem as YourStillWithMe.

DarthPaul
February 23rd, 2007, 05:37
Pretty pretty cool! I'll download this and install it later. When I have more time,I've to do some hard homeworks for college right now...I'm just taking a 30 minutes[or so] break. Good work.

Axelius
February 23rd, 2007, 09:06
Hmm...I think on the screenshot the battery is 100% full, but you can only see the last two figures of the 100 (probably because there is not enough room in the battery icon), so you might think your battery is empty. I don't think this is the best solution, perhaps you should just make the battery icon larger.

By the way: Is it just luck of the draw that there are exactly 666 mb left on the memory stick?

Airdevil
February 23rd, 2007, 12:32
I need some help with this....

im on 3.10 OE-A', and when i enable the plugin like any other... it shows up until the psp is fully booted up then disappears and still doesn't re-appear when i use the right trigger default button.

mikebeaver
February 23rd, 2007, 14:15
Hmm...I think on the screenshot the battery is 100% full, but you can only see the last two figures of the 100 (probably because there is not enough room in the battery icon), so you might think your battery is empty. I don't think this is the best solution, perhaps you should just make the battery icon larger.

Or, maybe if you had 0% of batter you wouldn't be able to tell, because it would TURN OFF!
Also, when the PSP gets to 25% power and below the prx will cut off because the PSP is conserving power, so you would never see "0%" anyway.

juan_jag
February 23rd, 2007, 16:43
El plugin 'battery.prx' fue una gran idea.

Instale el plugin como lo indica el archivo "readme.txt",
todo parecía funcionar a la perfección hasta que entre
a escuchar mi música y apague rápidamente el psp.

Después quise continuar la reproducción del tema pero
desde el mando a distancia, acción que normalte funciona
bien. El problema fue que ya no inició el psp,
me fui al modo recovery para desactivar el plugin 'battery.prx'
y todo regreso a la normalidad.

Quitando el plugin ya funciona el mando a distancia para
continuar reproduciendo música.

¿A alguien mas le ha pasado lo mismo?

Espero que en la próxima versión solucionen este problema.

Saludos.

EvilSeph
February 25th, 2007, 17:27
For those of you who are reporting bugs, please be as detailed as possible.

What firmware are you running on?
What was your battery level at the time?
What plugins are you running?
What are you doing when Battery InfO breaks?
etc.

Your comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

Thanks!

juan_jag
February 26th, 2007, 16:52
Información:

Versión del firmware: 3.03 OE C
Porcentaje de batería al ocurrir el error: 100%
En que parte ocurre el error: Al escuchar música y al usar el mando a distancia, este deja de funcionar.
¿Qué hago cuando ocurre el error?: Desactivo el plugin y todo regresa a la normalidad.

" El plugin 'battery.prx' fue una gran idea.

Instale el plugin como lo indica el archivo "readme.txt",
todo parecía funcionar a la perfección hasta que entre
a escuchar mi música y apague rápidamente el psp.

Después quise continuar la reproducción del tema pero
desde el mando a distancia, acción que normalte funciona
bien. El problema fue que ya no inició el psp,
me fui al modo recovery para desactivar el plugin 'battery.prx'
y todo regreso a la normalidad.

Quitando el plugin ya funciona el mando a distancia para
continuar reproduciendo música... "

archangel1024
February 26th, 2007, 22:11
changeable colors would be a welcome addition ^.^ i'm trying to get a blue/black theme compiled, this interfere's w/ my color scheme

Teferet
April 22nd, 2007, 00:23
I can't seem to get this to display at all unfornantely :/

Cloudhunter
April 22nd, 2007, 00:36
What firmware are you currently on?

Cloudy

Teferet
April 22nd, 2007, 00:42
What firmware are you currently on?

Cloudy
3.40-oea :cool:

Cloudhunter
April 22nd, 2007, 00:46
That explains why. It hasn't worked on 3.30OE+

Cloudy

Suicizde
April 22nd, 2007, 00:52
Great Release :)

LAMPRO
May 30th, 2007, 06:50
AWW MAN... i was hooked on this.. had it since the day it was released. The BEST battery prx hands down. 1337.

BUT I UPGRADED TO 330OEA AND NOW I GET NOTHING.

seph- wut up with the update?? and what r u using instead-if you are up to 330oea?

man i want this back..