PDA

View Full Version : God of War II Director Less Than Impressed With Wii

gunntims0103
February 23rd, 2007, 06:19
news via nintendojo (http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1172200216)

The director of PlayStation 2's soon to be released God of War II recently received a Wii as a gift from his design team, and spent some time getting to know Nintendo's shiny white console. His final verdict?

Cory Barlog has played better.

"I must be honest it was not everything I had hoped it would be. It was fun… but the wow factor wore off fairly quick," said Barlog of Wii on his blog. Barlog mentioned his perceived inaccuracy of the Wii Remote during his play time with Trauma Center. He went on to question how much longer people would keep buying into Wii's motion sensing capabilities, referring to Wii as essentially a slimmed-down version of GameCube.

The GoW II director didn't completely bash Nintendo's console, praising the aforementioned slim form of Wii. "Very petite... I kind of like that since there really is no space left in my home theater cabinet," stated Barlog. "Big ups on that one Nintendo!"

feedback via comment

shadowprophet
February 23rd, 2007, 07:24
Well sure he isn't impressed with the wii. It's not mentioned here in this article.
That God of war is developed by SONY. "In house at sony for that matter".
Would it really be realistic to expect anything else from an in house sony dev? lol:rofl:

SwordOfZork
February 23rd, 2007, 13:54
I've found that 90% of the time when someone complains about control inaccuracies with the Wii, its because they are preforming the action wrong, like all the complaints about the shield bash in Zelda.

Demolition49
February 23rd, 2007, 16:13
Yeah but shield bash is easy :) again i reall think people just dont have the "skill" :D

masterpaul
February 23rd, 2007, 16:40
He brought "Trauma Center"

I hope that answer why the Wii was bad.

ICE
February 23rd, 2007, 17:16
the wii-mote is NOT innacurate!!!!!! im sorry if your an adult and cant quite master the wii-mote but my 7 year old sister has!!! :rofl:

mastersho
February 23rd, 2007, 18:31
It really a big surprise that someone who works at Sony, the company that blows almost as Microsoft(almost), doesn't like the Wii. Hmmmm.... sounds like someone is ashamed the the Wii runs Wiimote-controlled circles around the PS3, but everyone has the right to their own opinion even if it is flawed.

HitmanRotto
February 25th, 2007, 00:07
Regardless if he works for Sony or not, every person i have talked to about the wii acknowledges the wii-mote has motion sensing problems, whats the big deal?