PDA

View Full Version : PS Vita Hack: And the new exploited psp game to run VHBL on 2.06 is…

wraggster
March 24th, 2013, 23:10
via http://wololo.net/2013/03/23/ps-vita-hack-and-the-new-exploited-psp-game-to-run-vhbl-on-2-06-is/

Disclaimer: I haven’t tested this VHBL version myself. People who tested it in EU/US version have told me this VHBL compatibility is below average, but compatibility may increase in future releases. As usual, the choice is yours.

Another long wait is over, this is the public announce for the game exploit that will let people run TomTomDu80′s port of VHBL on Vita firmware 2.06. Once again, an army of very dangerous people will start playing 16 bits games on the Vita, putting one of the biggest hardware companies of the world in great danger of bankruptcy. Watch as Sony pulls the game from their stores within 48h, when it took them months to fix an actual security vulnerability on the device

Haha, I kid, I kid, we all know Sony have to pull these games off their stores, who knows if this new game exploit won’t be the vector to an eCFW release at some point… speaking of which, before you go ahead and buy the game, let me go with a disclaimer:

Disclaimer: the vulnerability in the game disclosed below is a user mode exploit in a PSP game. TomTomDu80 has ported VHBL to this exploit on the vita firmware 2.06. VHBL does not let you play pirated PSP games, let alone pirated Vita games. VHBL lets you play a subset of PSP homebrews on your Vita, including a wide range of oldschool consoles emulators. Compatibility of VHBL varies depending on the exploit, and I want to emphasize that I have myself not tested this VHBL port at all. Early reports I have gotten from beta testers is that the compatibility is below average compared to other VHBL releases (with a few annoying bugs such as some crashes when exiting some specific homebrews). As usual, you buy this game at your own risk and with no explicit guarantee from me that this will let you do anything else than, well, actually play that game…

So, here we go, the vulnerability found by TomTomDu80 is in:

Apache Overkill (PSP Mini)

The game is, unfortunately, not available in all PSN stores If you are in a store where the game is not available, it is recommended that you open an account in a location that has the game, acquire a PSN card for that store (some online services sell those, either google them or PM me on /talk if you need help) and use it to buy the game. Please understand that the game availability in your country is not the choice of the hacker.