PDA

View Full Version : Flash Agent F4 Released

gunntims0103
February 23rd, 2007, 14:25
new release via hallo007 (http://www.psp-media.nl/)

http://hallo007.e-vizion.com/images/nieuws.png

This application if very good for customizing your firmware. This program does write to flash. Be advised that no one is responsible besides yourself if you brick your psp!

Changelog for Flash Agent F4

* Bug fix : crash after relink dummy files
* Bug fix : a "." can eb added in your own instruction manual site
* Bug fix : Manual hacks should work 100% now
* Graphics Bug fix: dumping
* new start up
* !!Security upgrade!!
* Music can be played under file browser
* screenshots can be made while pressing note
* Possibility to flash system_plugin.rco and recover
* Possibility to flash game_plugin.rco and recover
* Firmware version showed while start up
* Possibility to view the size of a file
* Possibility to move faster in file browser

download and give feedback via comment

mmz16x
February 23rd, 2007, 15:26
just as i placed F3 on F4 is out SWEET!!!!!

d_ciel
February 23rd, 2007, 15:38
Great updates!!
but i'd like to see relink as optional...
anyway this app's Great!!

(sorry for poor English i'm using here)

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2007, 17:56
An update to Flash Agent, very good news to hear!

Heartagram80231
February 23rd, 2007, 18:40
wish someone would help me use this program so i dont brick my psp

DarthPaul
February 23rd, 2007, 19:07
Woo!! My currently favorite flasher updated! I never expected Flash Agent to have so many features. This update is amazing. Very good new stuff added. You know what would I really love to see on a flasher? A preview mode,so I could see how my PSP will look after flashing what I want. I've always wanted that...I hope someone add it some time. And if it's added to Flash Agent it will be the best thing ever. lol

wish someone would help me use this program so i dont brick my psp

Dude this is so freaking easy to use. No offence... But of course that if you need I'll be here. So you can ask me. That's why the forums are here. To ask and answer stuff[help].By the way welcome.:D

s075933
February 23rd, 2007, 21:16
does this work with 3.10OE-A'?

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2007, 21:21
Yes, the application runs on 3.10 OE-A'.

Amiga
February 23rd, 2007, 21:46
Yes, the application runs on 3.10 OE-A'.

err no it doesnt,it loads but then says doesnt support 310-a

acn010
February 23rd, 2007, 21:48
i never used this but it seems nice

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2007, 21:56
err no it doesnt,it loads but then says doesnt support 310-a

I just flashed a gameboot, font and a custom XMB wave and it worked for me.

AOMrep
February 23rd, 2007, 22:20
can we get a tutorial?

Amiga
February 24th, 2007, 09:32
I just flashed a gameboot, font and a custom XMB wave and it worked for me.

Ah,it must be just the icons that dont work then.

SnesR0X
February 25th, 2007, 06:41
what does the program do?

Buddy4point0
February 25th, 2007, 07:37
it can flash basically anything,free up space in the flash,play music(odd edition but nice),and alot more kick ass stuff

Project.funky
February 25th, 2007, 21:31
Does any one know how to change how long the psp will wait before it loads a game because i have a game boot and it gets cut off before its ended?

hatasu
February 26th, 2007, 13:30
I just flashed a gameboot, font and a custom XMB it works great, but then i wanted to play a psx/pop game then suddenly it freezes. i dont get that black screen but still mine wallpaper and yes it did work before i flashed everything please help

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 14:59
i flashed my whole psp alot of times

carlitx
February 26th, 2007, 15:51
I think this killed xflash haha cause i havent seen any updates in a long time for art to make xflash compatable with the new oe firmwears lol. so congrates dude:D

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 16:25
im just wondering how do you use it when you put it in the psp? I dont want to try anything until i find out because i dont want to brick my precious psp.

carlitx
February 26th, 2007, 16:27
read the readme included in the download

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 16:50
i read it but it doesnt say how to use it. BTW i have a 3.10 OE-A' will that make a difference? If i wanted to customize something will i have to get it myself?

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 17:17
i opened the flash agent and it said i had only 250kb left. how can i make more. i think i need 2.5mb

carlitx
February 26th, 2007, 17:37
well yes in order to customice anything on the psp you need to get the files. i suggest getting the psp theme pack 4(i think thats whta its called) anyways in that are gameboots, custom xmb waves, xmb backgrounds, volume level bars, and much much more. and if uhave that firmweare theres realy no need for a flashing prgram lol. just completly shut off the system by holding the power button up till' it shuts off than when u tunr it back on old down the R trigger. than goto advanced and enable the flash0 so u can view it on the comp. u need a usb port and cable. now goto vsh\resource. this is where you place your custom files. make sure you have the right name to overwrite the origonal. EX: in order to have a custom wave it has to be called system_plugin_bg.rco the .rco being the file extension. if its already a RCO file do not add the .rco at the end! well hope this has helped you.

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 17:50
thx! I appreciate your help and yes this has helped me alot! But what do i delete because i have only 250kb left. im not sure but i think i need 2.5 mb.

dejkirkby
February 26th, 2007, 17:59
thx! I appreciate your help and yes this has helped me alot! But what do i delete because i have only 250kb left. im not sure but i think i need 2.5 mb.

Use Flash Agent to replace the files you don't need with dummy files. It itakes 2 seconds and this version gives the option to do it automatically.

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 18:03
ok thx

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 18:19
Where do I put my flashable files so F4 can flash em? Data folder? Please, I couldn't find enough info in the read me provided + I need to know before I flash my 3.03 OE-C.

Thanks and kudos to the coder...any solid Flash customizing app is a good app.

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 18:29
i think carlitx explained where you put them(the last 2-4 posts)

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 19:03
Yeah, nevermind...everything works now, Except My Popstation. Looks like I'll soon be doing a recovery anyways.

Anybody have an idea wich of the files might be messing this up, so I can just recover that one file?

ab_geee_eee
February 26th, 2007, 19:42
How do you delete the dummy files. I went to flash agent and there is no option to delete the dummy files.

Apoklepz
February 26th, 2007, 20:45
Check the Flash free size option...I think it asks you right after you load the app the first time....at least that's what I did.

Anyways, I fixed the problem I had before, so no worries here.

Also, this application worked perfectly fine when I ran it through the last IRshell150, wich I personally think is pretty sweet if you have kids like me that'll unexpectedly flash stuff on your PSP.

shak bo
February 27th, 2007, 21:44
Can NE1 tell me how to get an image to appear when booting a game/application from the memory stick, I customized the sound with gameboot.pmf and it worked but no image comes up. NE1 know what file that is and where I could get some custom images?:D

jalopystyle
February 28th, 2007, 17:43
How do I use flash agent f4?