PDA

View Full Version : First Look at Legal Dreamcast Q3A mod

infurnull
February 23rd, 2007, 15:58
I've probably spent more time trying to make this
legal than actually generating content for it. This process most likely works on ALL games using BSP technology that you can use Q3MAP2 with. This is your first look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GhP50ZoxKU

Christuserloeser
February 23rd, 2007, 16:52
Wow, this is looking great! Some more info would be nice... :)

J_Villa1983
February 23rd, 2007, 21:39
Is this running off of the dreamcast?

SSaxdude
February 23rd, 2007, 21:55
Are you going to release custom versions of Quake 3?

infurnull
February 26th, 2007, 04:40
Thanks for the kinds words, I really appreciate that people are still interested in what is unique and different. Soon I will be releasing the instructions on how you can legally do this yourself. I hope we can all work together on this to make some really great content. At the end of this month dreamcast game production will end. With the permission of the moderators possibly we may start and thats when all DC base are belong to us. Savvy?

Christuserloeser
February 26th, 2007, 23:02
With the permission of the moderators possibly we may start and thats when all DC base are belong to us. Savvy?

As long as no instructions on where to download illegal copies of the original game are posted, the staff decided to allow discussions of modding the game. Please go ahead :)

infurnull
March 3rd, 2007, 02:02
That's huge news! Guaranteed 100% you will have a working guide by this weekend. There will also be some new video because I got a TV card now. Arrgh! This will be our treasure map:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9656/familytree11nc8.png

JKKDARK
March 3rd, 2007, 02:50
At the end of this month dreamcast game production will end.
Sega didn't announce it officially. We need to wait for the next months.

VampDude
March 3rd, 2007, 03:35
cool! :D

infurnull
March 5th, 2007, 07:31
Thank You- I wish I could read japanese and not be 15 days behind their news. Yes- Karous is the final game unless someone knows something else about this. Its been pushed back a bit to march 8th. I don't see any more upcoming releases after that. I think that will be it- better safe than sorry.

infurnull
March 6th, 2007, 22:28
Good News! Karous is shipping today.

canadianguy
April 13th, 2007, 15:32
At the end of this month dreamcast game production will end.

not really, if i am correct last hope is a cd based game,
so even though they maybe unoffical, dreamcast games may still be released on cd's.

viva la dreamcast!:thumbup:

ps: this is kind of unrelated, but does anyone know if last hope is worth importing?

another ps: last hope is in fact cd based and also has no region protection

infurnull
June 7th, 2007, 04:26
Good news and bad news. Updated the site and you can begin going through the basic idea. Thats good news. The bad news is I got a real job now as a developer so my time is limited on this project. My ultimate decision on these so called late releases is that the production houses are small enough I can litigate against them successfully or for small enough damages- economically, it is not in their best interest because I am much better off now than before and legally represented at this point (thanks kids). Go to business school and get back to me- I was there for four years :p

Anyhow, the DreamCast is ancient- this is ridiculous...thats why I am going to go ahead and mention that I am working on a similar XBOX project- I have "next-gen" covered too. There are much more legally ambiguous projects out there at this point (thanks 360dev) this is nothing compared to them.

My current technique theoretically should work with other console based BSP formats which I do not have the time to test. Somehow the commitment to zero ads and zero tracking devices has created a mob of lurkers which have yet to contact me. Communists have informed me that my personality is irrelevent- etc... you get the idea- anything is possible. I hope you like Pascal and Python:

http://www.gamesolid.net/

Renegade.Copy.Ninja
June 9th, 2007, 01:49
Good luck on all that! :D
Hope to see more info soon. ^^