PDA

View Full Version : PSX2PSP v1.2 - Popstation GUI

gunntims0103
February 23rd, 2007, 18:17
new release via Kingsquitter

PSX2PSP v.1.2 info:
* Fixed bugs in popstation.dll.
* Added effects to customized icons. Check theme pic below.

I've attached pics.zip. It contains Theme_white.psd and cIcon0.psd.
I've also attached Theme_editor.zip. It contains a simple theme editor and src for the theme editor. (When using the theme editor, save often and take backup of layout.ini)

This is the final version. I will only update to fix bugs!
Src might be released some time in the future.

v.1.1 info:
* Added batch mode. Check pic below.
* Added command line support. Info below.
* Added a new Customized image for icon0.
* Fixed "The application failed to initialze properly (0xc0150002)" bug.
* Fixed bug that made prog check for snd file instead of a at3 file.

To start batch mode run "Batch mode.lnk". (Only available after PSX2PSP.exe have been started at least once)
When converting in batch mode, all .iso, .bin, .img and .pbp files will ben converted. The program will check in every subfolder for theese files.

Command line:

PSX2PSP.exe /theme Opens program in theme mode.
PSX2PSP.exe /clasic Opens program in clasic mode.
PSX2PSP.exe /batch Opens program in batch mode.
PSX2PSP.exe "c:\file.iso" Opens c:\file.iso.

con pack and design of icons courtesy of matriculated: (Original torrent by l337h4l)
If you download and extract files to ".\pics\pic1\" most games from USA will show the game cover as shown below.
Megaupload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMJE8ZWN
The icon pack contains 1400 icons and is about 150MB.

v.1.0 info:
* Source code have been rewritten from scratch.
* Added theme support. (Check pic below)
* Using popstrip and popstation in one DLL file so converting files is much faster .
* Program can create custom images. Check Default Icon0 profile for a example.
* Supports cdda from both .cue and .ccd files.
* Can save toc to both .cue and .cdd when extracting iso from pbp.
* Can use any type of pictures (.jpg,.bmp...) for icon0, pic0, pic1 and boot.
* Converting PBP files in one pass. (Can even PAL fix already converted PBP files)
* And some other stuff...

Place base.pbp in files folder. If you are using 3.03 OE-B or below, you will also need keys.bin in the files folder.

Theme mode: (Icon0 in below image was automatically generated by the program. The pic was also automatically resized to fit the screen. Pic from: http://www.ps2vicio.com/imagenes1/PS...hildren_20.jpg)

http://www.squitterdev.com/fileShare/files/PSX2PSP_1_2_theme.jpg

http://www.squitterdev.com/fileShare/files/PSX2PSP_1_clasic.jpg

download and give feedback via comment

Shrygue
February 23rd, 2007, 18:33
Ah good, an update to PSX2PSP. I'll get this right now.

gr42178
February 23rd, 2007, 18:34
This is the best popstation GUI out there, definitely gonna download this one when I get home.

DarthPaul
February 23rd, 2007, 18:56
Dang,this just keep getting better and better. I'll never stop downloading new GUI's. I love this.

mavsman4457
February 23rd, 2007, 21:35
Best GUI ever made in the history of PSX to PSP conversion apps.

devilmob
February 23rd, 2007, 22:35
anyone can give the link to the post to download the themes for the games, i will really appreaciated, and people in the university will b jealous, hehehe }:D

Kvonx
February 24th, 2007, 03:02
yes man i really love this!!! thanks

Streetz
February 24th, 2007, 04:43
Sorry about the noobish question but; what does GUI stand for? Is this program simply for editing the game files?

MicroNut
February 24th, 2007, 05:36
Sorry about the noobish question but; what does GUI stand for?

GUI (http://www.google.com/search?q=GUI)

Is this program simply for editing the game files? Yes and more.

Sweet!

Q:
Anyone else having problems with the preview window in Classic mode displaying the images incorrectly after adding a PIC0 or Boot image?

hi123
February 24th, 2007, 11:41
yh i am on version 3.10 and the psx games still work on my psp!!!!!!!!!

Buddy4point0
February 24th, 2007, 13:57
wait. do all psx games still work on the offical sony 3.10?

gotmilk0112
February 24th, 2007, 18:23
um, is there any way for POPStation to work on 1.50?

RV2006
February 25th, 2007, 21:59
This is going to annoy you but...
(some pal games still don't work (crash while patching...))
(these games i test with still work, as in they are converted with icetea1.3 and run on my psp fine.. (except for the screen displacement...))

Sp3ct0r
February 26th, 2007, 07:25
I wish ppl would find a way to play full speed ps1 games with using the hotshots 2 golf eboot.

snear
February 26th, 2007, 14:10
Hi i cannot get psx games to work on 3.10 oec

any pointers? :)

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 14:56
this is great

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 14:57
I wish ppl would find a way to play full speed ps1 games with using the hotshots 2 golf eboot.

why?
that way is great
*cough* pm me if you don't have it *cough*

Hi i cannot get psx games to work on 3.10 oec

any pointers? :)
there is no 3.10 oe c
eather 3.03 oe c
or 3.10 oe a

trinisk8er
February 26th, 2007, 16:03
can u help me. i have an iso (atleast i think so) its metalslug.bin. i dled it from some websight. according to a thread i read this program can help me. how is this?

Streetz
February 26th, 2007, 21:57
Can someone post/pm me a guide for using this program. I have the stupid UMD and crossbones icon and want to change them to the game. I'm not sure how to use this program and don't want to mess up my eboot.

trinisk8er
March 3rd, 2007, 22:57
It says that i need 'Base.PBP '

gladiator5
March 4th, 2007, 11:14
i cant donwload the program, and how do it works??

can you put in your own games of ps1x to??

mavsman4457
March 4th, 2007, 14:28
There are soooo many people in here that don't have a clue as to what they're doing. And I, for one, do not plan on answering your questions one by one, in fact, no one will because most of them are stupid. Download the files here, download the custom firmware and read both of the readme's and you'll find out a lot of stuff. If your question still isn't answered then search the boards thoroughly. If in fact your question is still not answered then you can ask a question here for help but still don't expect to get it answered because chances are that your answer can be found somewhere and you just haven't looked hard enough.

Edit: Oh yah and if you plan on asking a question here then ask it in the best possible english you can without lots of random slang words so people can understand. After all, no one can help you if they don't know what you're looking for.

elc_the_lad
March 21st, 2007, 21:03
Where can I get base.pbp?
Does it matter what custom firmware I'm using?
I use 3.10 OE-A
Thanks
Adam

Buddy4point0
March 22nd, 2007, 01:54
Where can I get base.pbp?
Does it matter what custom firmware I'm using?
I use 3.10 OE-A
Thanks
Adam

get it from getting hotshots golf 2 from ps3 store *cough* torrent *cough*. and 3.10 oe a is fine

aeternitas8
May 13th, 2007, 03:36
I used the v1.2 with a .PBP but when I hit convert I get an error can't find ...PSX2PSP v.1.2/Files/BASE.PBP is there some way to fix this error or get the file? Iwould appreciate any help

spike2006r
May 16th, 2007, 09:26
I used the v1.2 with a .PBP but when I hit convert I get an error can't find ...PSX2PSP v.1.2/Files/BASE.PBP is there some way to fix this error or get the file? Iwould appreciate any help

I'm having the same problem :(

Please help us out!

Gold Line
May 16th, 2007, 09:35
I'm having the same problem :(

Please help us out!

you must have a BASE.PBP witch is the hot shots golf 2 EBOOT.PBP renamed

Apoklepz
May 16th, 2007, 16:08
This last build has a minor bug. When it converts your image, it always reverses the Game and Save Titles and ID's you input for it.
Like for example, you have:

Game ID: SLUS01251
Game Title: Final Fantasy IX [Disc1of1]
Save ID: SLUS01251
Save Title: Final Fantasy IX

..It's not that much a HUGE problem, since what matters most are the ID's numericals being the same, but it is kind of annoying to get Final Fantasy IX [Disc1of1] on your SaveData display, when you're already playing on Disc 2...You know what I mean?

Anyways, this can be avoided by manually editing the text before conversion. Just remember to put your Save title where it sez Game title, and your desired Game title were it sez Save title....and vice versa. Just write it in backwards before you convert and it'll come out right.

I don't know if anybody's following me here?

spike2006r
May 17th, 2007, 16:56
you must have a BASE.PBP witch is the hot shots golf 2 EBOOT.PBP renamed

I don't have it for some reason :confused:
Could you post a link to the download for PSX2PSP you use please? or the base.pbp?

I've checked the file folder for the base.pbp, and its not there. I've even redownloaded the PSX2PSP.zip too, still no base.pbp (the one I downloaded must be ****ed up lol)

blackrave
May 17th, 2007, 19:12
Unfortunately, you need to buy Hot Shots Golf 2 from the PlayStation Store using a PS3 (or can you buy one without now?). I thought this converter included a stripped-down, legal version of it, though.

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2007, 20:22
to get the base you need to buy, or somehow obtain, the hot shots golf 2 eboot. then rename it from eboot.pbp to base.pbp.
thats how u get it

spike2006r
May 17th, 2007, 21:07
its meant to, but for some reason, I didn't get it in the download I got. I even downloaded it twice, and still did get it :(
It must have been a dodgy download.
Please can someone post a link or PM me a link to a working PSX2PSP?

spike2006r
May 17th, 2007, 21:32
I'm downloading a Hot Shots Golf 2 PSP torrent right now :)

spike2006r
May 17th, 2007, 21:38
um... How will I be able to turn the file I'm downloading into a .PBP?

spike2006r
May 17th, 2007, 22:48
never mind :P the .rar was a eboot lol

throught it was gonna be an image file like the others lol

Buddy4point0
May 25th, 2007, 22:35
uh, wiiwii lol.
thats illiagal and dcemu doesnt support piracy.
since it was your first post and u didnt know you probably wont get banned, but remeber for the future that your not allowed to do that. also there is an edit buttion in the bottom right corner of your post, i would use it and take the link out.

Mitchinator1
June 2nd, 2007, 18:16
I have BASE.PBP, I got the eboot of the game, but When I try it on my psp, I get the game couldn't be played error. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, and how I could go about fixing it?

Thanks.

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 21:41
You guys don't need this crap! It's all included in simple pops gui!

novazembla
July 12th, 2007, 01:08
hi,
some psx games work and some dont...
i have them converted to ntsc with pal4U
i have 2 games running smoothly
kula world and kurishi final
trying to get tombraider 1 running
but after the first openingscene and the menu for new game it goes into a black screen

i have 3.40 OE-A

is there a list of games that work for sure or dont work whatever u do?

greetz and nice site here :-)

chuletaking
August 18th, 2007, 19:57
i put the ps1 games into my psp but when i try to start them up it says this " to use this content u must activate the system"...wat does that mean and wat do i need to do ?

jaysik
September 7th, 2007, 06:38
cool

atomicmanv2
September 9th, 2007, 00:37
dude when i use GUI to try to convert my psp eboots to smaller files it says unable to open psx2pspv1.2/files/base.pbp :eek::eek: :eek: :eek:

Greg_Alexander
September 17th, 2007, 15:38
I have custom firmware 3.52 M33-2. My own conversions of my old PS1 discs don't work - they worked fine on my previous 3.40 OE-B firmware.
Has anyone had the same problem, or can offer a solution?
Thanks.

blackrave
September 17th, 2007, 19:00
I have custom firmware 3.52 M33-2. My own conversions of my old PS1 discs don't work - they worked fine on my previous 3.40 OE-B firmware.
Has anyone had the same problem, or can offer a solution?
Thanks.

You should try using M33's Universal popsloader (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73580). It allows you to use the older versions of Sony's official PSX emulator, since game compatibility may increase or decrease with new firmwares. You'll need a firmware decrypter (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74006) to extract the necessary files from an update eboot (for example firmware 3.40 (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-FW-3.40-for-the-US-PSP/pg/12/fid/13547/catid/163) if that works better for your converted games) for the loader.

Consult the readme with the popsloader for more detailed instructions, but now you have all the necessary tools.

majaman
September 24th, 2007, 04:14
Im sorry Im new to this whole thing and ive been trying to convert FFVII all day. can someone please walk me threw the steps aor at least email me at [email protected]. thanks a lot

Elmo111
October 6th, 2007, 13:12
GUI (http://www.google.com/search?q=GUI)

Yes and more.

Sweet!

Q:
Anyone else having problems with the preview window in Classic mode displaying the images incorrectly after adding a PIC0 or Boot image?

You could have just told him that GUI stood for graphical user interface instead of putting that link on, im sure he would have prefered that...

drak1ng
November 4th, 2007, 14:10
great

yamijaime
November 11th, 2007, 23:05
Just signed up today and gotta say this is cool.

patov2
November 20th, 2007, 19:51
http://dl.qj.net/Simple-Popstation-GUI-v2.21-Beta-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/12220/catid/192
download this version of popstation and go into the data folder, copy the BASE.PBP file to the PSX2PSP file folder.

Problem solved enjoy~

uneekracer
November 23rd, 2007, 16:11
yesssssssss!!!!

alanparker05
December 5th, 2007, 00:46
just got my psp slim today so i hope i can get this working for it

syahmi989898
December 9th, 2007, 05:19
hello

Skyxo
December 17th, 2007, 20:52
LMFAO @ "hello"

Tinnus
December 18th, 2007, 01:36
LMFAO at someone resurrecting this thread AGAIN a week later just to say that.

TrueLink
December 20th, 2007, 01:37
Every time I try to run one of the converted games it runs the Playstaton 1 startup screen (This title has been converted...) but after that all I get is a black screen. I looks like it's loading from the memory stick (orange light), but nothing happens. I can still exit out and change controls as if it were running the game. I have tried this with two games, Castlevania SOTN and Bushido Blade 2, on two different PSPs, phat 3.40 OE and slim 3.71 M33-4.

I know it should be able to run because another GUI I tried came with had a working conversion of Castlevania in the .rar.

I considered that my Castlevania ISO was bad so I converted Bushido Blade 2 myself with Magic ISO.

Anyone know why this would be happening?

----

Never mind, I found the problem was MagicISO, I'm using Alcohol 120% and it's working like a charm.

eat_mom
January 9th, 2008, 00:12
It Dont Work Ok Fix It Cause I Wont To Convert My Games Im Not Getting Younger So Fix This Thing

No_one_in_particular
January 9th, 2008, 03:12
It Is Working, I Suggest You Read The Readme .txt Included And While You're At It Learn To Stop Capitalizing Every First Letter For NO Reason Besides Stupidity.

Ranjith234
January 17th, 2008, 09:07
new release via Kingsquitter

PSX2PSP v.1.2 info:
* Fixed bugs in popstation.dll.
* Added effects to customized icons. Check theme pic below.

I've attached pics.zip. It contains Theme_white.psd and cIcon0.psd.
I've also attached Theme_editor.zip. It contains a simple theme editor and src for the theme editor. (When using the theme editor, save often and take backup of layout.ini)

This is the final version. I will only update to fix bugs!
Src might be released some time in the future.

v.1.1 info:
* Added batch mode. Check pic below.
* Added command line support. Info below.
* Added a new Customized image for icon0.
* Fixed "The application failed to initialze properly (0xc0150002)" bug.
* Fixed bug that made prog check for snd file instead of a at3 file.

To start batch mode run "Batch mode.lnk". (Only available after PSX2PSP.exe have been started at least once)
When converting in batch mode, all .iso, .bin, .img and .pbp files will ben converted. The program will check in every subfolder for theese files.

Command line:

PSX2PSP.exe /theme Opens program in theme mode.
PSX2PSP.exe /clasic Opens program in clasic mode.
PSX2PSP.exe /batch Opens program in batch mode.
PSX2PSP.exe "c:\file.iso" Opens c:\file.iso.

con pack and design of icons courtesy of matriculated: (Original torrent by l337h4l)
If you download and extract files to ".\pics\pic1\" most games from USA will show the game cover as shown below.
Megaupload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMJE8ZWN
The icon pack contains 1400 icons and is about 150MB.

v.1.0 info:
* Source code have been rewritten from scratch.
* Added theme support. (Check pic below)
* Using popstrip and popstation in one DLL file so converting files is much faster .
* Program can create custom images. Check Default Icon0 profile for a example.
* Supports cdda from both .cue and .ccd files.
* Can save toc to both .cue and .cdd when extracting iso from pbp.
* Can use any type of pictures (.jpg,.bmp...) for icon0, pic0, pic1 and boot.
* Converting PBP files in one pass. (Can even PAL fix already converted PBP files)
* And some other stuff...

Place base.pbp in files folder. If you are using 3.03 OE-B or below, you will also need keys.bin in the files folder.

Theme mode: (Icon0 in below image was automatically generated by the program. The pic was also automatically resized to fit the screen. Pic from: http://www.ps2vicio.com/imagenes1/PS...hildren_20.jpg)

http://www.squitterdev.com/fileShare/files/PSX2PSP_1_2_theme.jpg

http://www.squitterdev.com/fileShare/files/PSX2PSP_1_clasic.jpg

download and give feedback via comment

dude this is good and all but u really have to update tha games i mean like i need to convert Medal of Honor 2 and theres only Medal Of Honour 1 on it

selador
January 30th, 2008, 16:43
N00B here, I'd love some help with the PSX2PSP emulator. Is there any chance anyone can give me a detailed guide on how to use it, and how to save. If there is already a guide, could you send me the link? Thank you very much. I would also like to know, what is the difference between the firmwares x.xx and x.xx oe? Are they easier to downgrade or something? Also i would like a site to get PSX ISO's for the PSX2PSP please. Once again, thank you.

Hilario penaloza1
February 25th, 2008, 05:10
i have custom furmware 3.90 m33 and and i want help on popsation gui 1.2 and when i trym to convert the iso it says "unable to open "C:/ Documents and settings/Hilario/Desktop/12982_PSX2PSP_popstation_GUI_1.2/files/Base.PBP.
can someone help me!?:confused:

Soul Solid Evil
March 5th, 2008, 23:14
my first post! yes! I wish to say thank you...

Avenyet
March 8th, 2008, 16:06
i have custom furmware 3.90 m33 and and i want help on popsation gui 1.2 and when i trym to convert the iso it says "unable to open "C:/ Documents and settings/Hilario/Desktop/12982_PSX2PSP_popstation_GUI_1.2/files/Base.PBP.
can someone help me!?:confused:

you need to put the base.pbp in that folder for it to convert just google it and download it

kevili
March 10th, 2008, 16:57
jill kill

No_one_in_particular
March 10th, 2008, 17:18
What ?

Amurda2007
March 27th, 2008, 09:16
man it just ain't workin for me i'm tryin to get naruto ultimate ninja nad it ain't workin man

bacalacadaca
March 30th, 2008, 04:59
what files are supported to make a icon animation?

Drego
March 30th, 2008, 15:07
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is .png and .gif Someone with better knowledge could tell you more specifics.... Google works also...

Rondo
March 30th, 2008, 15:18
Wow! Awesome! This is best GUI ever made in the history of PSX to PSP conversion apps.
Thank you very much!

minidibs
April 4th, 2008, 19:12
I get an error error saying i need gdiplus.dll

can anyone help

minidibs
April 8th, 2008, 19:46
I have a ps2 disk which is a compact disk and on a CD. How would i convert it to eboot to play on psp?

killdude
May 15th, 2008, 02:42
where can i get base.pbp

xtemplar
May 18th, 2008, 04:25
wont convert the iso to pbp..

file base.pbp is not included, where can i get this file?

Proffesor Snape
July 23rd, 2008, 19:29
Thank's Bro, i'll try it, and keep posting, okay :D

JVIDICAN
August 11th, 2008, 08:19
sry to bump this thread lol
but im having some trouble, i have the base.pbp file in what i think is the right folder but im still getting the error
ive included links to pics bellow. any sugestions?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll104/JVIDICAN/error1.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll104/JVIDICAN/error2.jpg

TheRisingExodus
October 1st, 2008, 05:00
When I used this app I got it to convert gran turismo2 fine but when I go to run it i get the boot warning I picked then about 5minutes of black screen then it goes back to the XMB and says Game could not be started CA000005 or something like that there was alot of zeros in the error >.< i fallowed the instructions then fallowed instructions peeps have on the forums and I still get the problem I don't know what I did wrong and its driving me nuts......I don't use the 1.4 version cause it crahses always at 100% and messes up the converted game >.< its my own personal copy of GranTurismo and the disks are in good shape

Cyclone26
November 14th, 2008, 13:52
not working for me I try extracting and it tells me that it has an unknown format or damaged

ThunderCat
January 24th, 2009, 23:55
every time i try to play a game a put on to my psp 3000 it keeps saying that "the copyright protection information is invalid"
any ideas what to do

ThunderCat
January 24th, 2009, 23:58
also i dont know how to install a costom firmware :(

edifyingheresy
January 26th, 2009, 09:01
It's my understanding that the PSP 3000's cannot currently be installed with CFW.

losguerrero21
January 31st, 2009, 16:16
Just download the base.php here
http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=137231

kairijung
September 3rd, 2012, 15:51
thank you so mush