PDA

View Full Version : Shameful Sony Removes PS3 Emotion Engine In Europe And Australia But Jack price up

gunntims0103
February 24th, 2007, 06:25
news via newtech (http://newtech.aurum3.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=513&Itemid=18)

When the PS3 is out in Europe and Australia this March, the units sold will have no Emotion Engine like the ones sold in Japan and US. Instead Sony will use emulation software to play back PS2 and PS1 games.

Sony is doing this to cut manufacturing costs but also functionality, as the new version will play fewer games developed for the PlayStation and PS2 than the U.S. and Japanese version. This is an utter disgrace especially the unit sold in Europe and Australia is more costly.

It is time to boycott Sony products. Go buy a Nintendo Wii and/or a XBox 360 instead!

feedback via comment

Tree
February 24th, 2007, 12:43
It is time to boycott Sony products. Go buy a Nintendo Wii and/or a XBox 360 instead!
feedback via comment

or just go nd get ur PS3 from Japan (cheaper) or the US, i would get mine from Japan because its cheaper (from some sites) and has the same region as europe.

rawfodog
February 24th, 2007, 13:19
man there is no point in getting a ps3 now until next year or never so i might aswell trade in most my ps2 games out of 70 games altogether and buy an xbox 360 and save for a high definition tv, and the low sales of the ps3 are probably caused by poor marketing skills to build up hype for it.

bullhead
February 24th, 2007, 13:24
It will still be a kick ass console I think.

Tree
February 24th, 2007, 13:26
yh i no but if u can buy a PS3 4 around £270 + P&P it is cheap but u get to keep all them games init + u also get a better games console ... with blu ray ... = more better grapics and better games and also better blu ray DVDs

superd123
February 24th, 2007, 15:19
Personally it doesn't really bother me that much seeing as i've already sold all my PS2 games and console.

However, i can't see how it's going to end up affecting loads of the PS2 games. I can't see the BC going suddenly from 98% to like 20%

The most popular games out for the PS2 i think will play without a problem.

As i say though, it doesn't really bother me that much seeing as all my investments will be going towards PS3 games and not PS2.

jerrt
February 24th, 2007, 17:40
i'm starting to think that this whole bc thing has been blown a little out of proportion, but we won't really know till they release the list of games that are incompatible. i'm still glad i got mine when i did, but i have a feeling that those with the software emulated bc consoles are going to get an advantage later on down the road that the rest of us can't have. [unleess they release a firmware that shuts down the hardware and goes over to software only.] i guess time will only tell.

Elven6
February 24th, 2007, 18:34
If anyone still buys a stipped down PS3 we can stamp "idiot" on their forehead!

garfit
February 24th, 2007, 23:05
why go and buy a wii or xbox 360 when they r both crap!!!

i wud rather keep my ps2 than get either of those

why make a big deal out of not being able to play some ps2 games on ps3

doesnt really matter

im still getting ps3

yoshinatsu
February 25th, 2007, 01:12

HEY HEY, WHAT IS THAT?
Are you a Nintendo or a Microsoft promoter of something?? Don't try to confuse European people at a time like this, you brainwasher!

Cloudhunter
February 25th, 2007, 01:14
HEY HEY, WHAT IS THAT?
Are you a Nintendo or a Microsoft promoter of something?? Don't try to confuse European people at a time like this, you brainwasher!

... It's a quote from the article it was taken from... not from guntimms.

Cloudy

F9zDark
February 25th, 2007, 01:25
news via newtech (http://newtech.aurum3.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=513&Itemid=18)

When the PS3 is out in Europe and Australia this March, the units sold will have no Emotion Engine like the ones sold in Japan and US. Instead Sony will use emulation software to play back PS2 and PS1 games.

Sony is doing this to cut manufacturing costs but also functionality, as the new version will play fewer games developed for the PlayStation and PS2 than the U.S. and Japanese version. This is an utter disgrace especially the unit sold in Europe and Australia is more costly.

feedback via comment

This was their intention all along... Where have you been?

They said during the Japanese launch that the PS3 had the PS2 hardware to handle backwards compat and everyone and their mother bitched at what a bad idea that was and that they should have spent the time and money in getting software emulation down pat.

Now that software emulation is finally out people are bitching about that too. Really get something better to complain about.

slappy1
February 25th, 2007, 13:49

doesnt really matter

im still getting ps3

What a stupid ramble, you are a moron.

PS2 is now old skool, the 360 kills it. You obviously love Final Fantasy and fantasize about having sex with sephiroth.

People want the PS3 to be backward compatible, so that they do not have to look at there ugly PS2. This will save people space in their entertainment centers, and they won't have to look at a PS2 again.

Microsoft did this with the 360. They told everyone it would be backward compatible, but come launch it would only emulate the games with an update via xbox live or Disc. The updates are extremely slow to come out, so meanwhile I'm holding on to xbox games that will not play on the 360.

The Wii, on the other hand, is fully backward compatible. I still have an extensive gamecube library, and the Wii was a perfect choice. Now only if some more Wii games would become available, we'd be set.

Lumbo
February 25th, 2007, 13:51
... from Japan because its cheaper (from some sites) and has the same region as europe.

*zonk*

zero points ...

Japan is region "A" like the US and unlike Europe which is region "B"

You seem to have confused the DVD region codes with the BluRay regions :p

DVD regioncodes
1: US+canada
2: europe+Japan

BluRay areas
A: Usa+Canada+Japan
B: Europe+Australia+rest of asia
C: Rest of the world like Africa and stuff

gimpyjr
February 25th, 2007, 19:54
If you have your heart set on full PS2 BC I would recommend importing a console from the US. I am sure that there will be a way in the future to deal with region coding issues for movies and such.
Definately buy a PS3 or a new xbox 360. My 360 just gave me the 3 red lights of death and I won't send it to microsoft just to have it break in another 6 months. I need to buy another one but it needs to be a new model. There is a problem with the manufacturing process. The solder doesn't hold the circuit together, so it shorts out. It dies right after the warranty ends too.

Peace

gimpy

Shrygue
February 25th, 2007, 20:06
Right then, I think I should start getting my PS3 from the US or Japan as Sony appears to be dropping hardware support for PS2 gaming emulation which is stupid to do.

Accordion
February 25th, 2007, 23:26

PS2 is now old skool, the 360 kills it. You obviously love Final Fantasy and fantasize about having sex with sephiroth.

People want the PS3 to be backward compatible, so that they do not have to look at there ugly PS2. This will save people space in their entertainment centers, and they won't have to look at a PS2 again.

Microsoft did this with the 360. They told everyone it would be backward compatible, but come launch it would only emulate the games with an update via xbox live or Disc. The updates are extremely slow to come out, so meanwhile I'm holding on to xbox games that will not play on the 360.

The Wii, on the other hand, is fully backward compatible. I still have an extensive gamecube library, and the Wii was a perfect choice. Now only if some more Wii games would become available, we'd be set.

ugly rant
fact is, the ps2 is the best console on the market, my launch day ps2 still goes through more use than any other entertainment device, console, computer or anything else.
hi-def doesnt mean best graphics or gameplay. ffxii, okami, SotC, and many more will outdo the 360 in terms of a visual. save the american crap for idiots!

slappy1
February 26th, 2007, 08:04
ugly rant
fact is, the ps2 is the best console on the market, my launch day ps2 still goes through more use than any other entertainment device, console, computer or anything else.
hi-def doesnt mean best graphics or gameplay. ffxii, okami, SotC, and many more will outdo the 360 in terms of a visual. save the american crap for idiots!

First off, me being an american, you can suck a chode.

I'm assuming SotC, means Castlevania SOTN. This is an awesome game no doubt, probably the only reason I ever owned a sony gaming console. I will soon be able to buy this game on xbox live arcade, finally. It only took, what, 10 years for the title to no longer be exclusive! Thats a different subject, though.

You have already proven to me that you love FF XLIXXCX and want to love sephiroth. You mention two RPGs out of three games. I guess I never got into sony because of the RPG thing and the lack of time available to me to play them. At least we'll see the Ninja Gaiden sequel (not remake) on the the 360 soon. Aka, one of the greatest action games not some turn based RPG crap.

Accordion
February 26th, 2007, 10:32
First off, me being an american, you can suck a chode.

I'm assuming SotC, means Castlevania SOTN. This is an awesome game no doubt, probably the only reason I ever owned a sony gaming console. I will soon be able to buy this game on xbox live arcade, finally. It only took, what, 10 years for the title to no longer be exclusive! Thats a different subject, though.

You have already proven to me that you love FF XLIXXCX and want to love sephiroth. You mention two RPGs out of three games. I guess I never got into sony because of the RPG thing and the lack of time available to me to play them. At least we'll see the Ninja Gaiden sequel (not remake) on the the 360 soon. Aka, one of the greatest action games not some turn based RPG crap.

whats a chode?

Shadow of the Colossus... never heard of it?

you seem to like sephiroth yourself, each FF is based in a different universe...no links to sephiroth

i cant mention all the great ps2 games...there are too many to count.

feel free to reply, i wont be returning here, ill leave you to your sell-out games with no soul...

briyan
February 26th, 2007, 13:36

doesnt really matter

im still getting ps3

so what exactly makes u think the XBOX 360 is crap? do u even consider that it has a good amount of good games for it already and that most of the "PS3 exclusive" games are coming out for it now as well? Blu-Ray, Cell, SixAxis, what have you, does not account for an excellent console. it's definitely suited for the future, but which future are we gonna be following down the road? the 360 established it can hold its own even after a year or so of being released. and it still does hold a candle against a "superior" PS3 to this day and probably even beyond that.

garfit
February 26th, 2007, 17:25

Me a moron haha!!!

ps2 may b old but it aint ugly and the 360 does not kill it. Look at the slimline ps2. how the hell can u call it ugly. if nethin is ugly its the xbox 360 which is the loudest machine Ive ever heard. how many 360's have been faulty?. Ive had my ps2 since launch and it still works fine.

ketchup
February 28th, 2007, 08:07
if nethin is ugly its the xbox 360 which is the loudest machine Ive ever heard.

You haven't heard a PS3 yet then? Even louder I'm afraid.

bullhead
February 28th, 2007, 18:13
Don't get emotional over pieces of technology! What are you, Robots? Grow up.
They are both great consoles, with different strengths and weaknesses.

bull, x.