PDA

View Full Version : Touch the Dead DS

gunntims0103
February 24th, 2007, 06:44
news via cubed3 (http://www.cubed3.com/news/6910/1/Touch_the_Dead_DS)

Eidos have released a selection of shots from the upcoming Touch the Dead first person shooter for DS, as players go head to head with sinister zombie creatures in a bid for freedom.

Touch the dead is an interactive FPS designed for the DS, and follows a similar concept to other survival horror titles in the genre. Rob Steiner, a sole survivor in a zombie-filled jail equips himself with some weaponry and attempts to break out by rekilling everything in his path.

A few gruesome shots that'll bound to give you a nightmare or two...

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2007/February/jb/touchdead01.jpg

feedback via comment

canvasch
February 24th, 2007, 07:27
allready played like 5 hours this game.. but the version i played/got is called Dead'N'Furious.. it's allright.. but the graphics are aweful... they shouldn't have tried to use 3d graphics since they didn't render them well...

Adrenalin
February 24th, 2007, 10:22
yeah, assuming this is the same as dead and furious (probably a Europe release) its a reasonable game. I quite enjoyed the control scheme but as stated avove the graphics are very poor, and the ai is pretty poor too, not alot of variation.

hadrian
February 24th, 2007, 11:44
I thought Dead n Furious was a very good game, as for graphics they're not THAT bad, probably playstation quality but come on what do you expect from the DS?

As for the poor AI, THEY'RE ZOMBIES!! Brain dead creatures! You expect them to be super stealth experts?

Aryn
February 24th, 2007, 19:06
I never really cared about the graphics that much, but I would be interested in hearing a bit more about the control scheme for this game. When one looks past the "zombie infested hell hole" cliche, what really sets this game apart from other FPS games?

Oh, and I hope the game will not be called "Touch The Dead" when it is released in my area, that name does sound kind of silly.

canvasch
February 24th, 2007, 21:45
it's a rail shooter.. meaning..... like house of the dead....... you just shoot and reload... it is a solid rail shooter.. if you like house of the dead then you'll like this... the one thing that is lame is that you see the same 3-5 zombies the entire time.... the same exact ones.. no variety at all.. gameplay is solid, worth playing for sure.

Mr_Biggs
February 25th, 2007, 01:43
i just played it for 2 hours, and i'd give it a 3 out of 5. The graphics are good for a DS, the controls are basic, framerate is solid, the hit location system can be entertaining at some times, but my only complaints are that there isnt a checkpoint for the middle of a "mission" and the fact you have to drag ammo to the clip to reload is a pain, especially when you're dry and a zombie is whaling on you. it's worth playing and can kill off boredom real quick.l