PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Webmaster

scottyboynow
February 24th, 2007, 16:31
If any of you are interested in taking over this site then just post here, there are a few conditions though,
- Style, cannot be changed, it will stay as it is,

I will still have control over this site but I will let you get on with your webmastering, I need somone that I can trust with a site that I put a lot of time into and got nothing out.

Vendeta
February 24th, 2007, 21:12
What site...

JKKDARK
February 24th, 2007, 21:20
Click on his signature image

Vendeta
February 24th, 2007, 21:46
O luazone... mmmmkayyy

VampDude
February 24th, 2007, 23:21
I don't know anything about LUA, plus being a WebMaster somewhere takes loads've time...

...I know cause I've co-owned/Admined and ran sites in the past, which took all've my free time and some've my me-time. the only sites I'm happy running now is the 20+ myspace pages I maintain for people (free of charge), which all started with me maintaining my girlfriends site (cause I'm nice like that) :p

scottyboynow
February 25th, 2007, 10:42
Everthing is set-up you pretty much have to do bugger all, just keep the flow going.

mesosade
February 25th, 2007, 15:53
just make sure whoever you pick has a history of being a webmaster and doesn't just do it as a way of making him look cool on the web and his sig.

VampDude
February 25th, 2007, 16:22
Everthing is set-up you pretty much have to do bugger all, just keep the flow going.

lol, it's not all "bugger all" thou...

...even thou everything is already setup, there is the thing of having to make regular appearances and answering bucketloads've inboxes and checking that everything is running smoothly within the forums (not the scripting)

just make sure whoever you pick has a history of being a webmaster and doesn't just do it as a way of making him look cool on the web and his sig.

sadly there are loads've people who only webmaster/own sites to "up" their reputation, you see a lot of that on WAP (wireless internet through a cellphone) where someone will open a site and spam the bigger sites to get members to boost their own members and build a false economonised reputation for themselves (as people suck up to them)

Mark30001
February 25th, 2007, 17:17
You guys should get a domain instead of sticking with 'forum5' IMO.

scottyboynow
February 25th, 2007, 18:14
http://www.luazone.co.nr, there you go.

I don not spam this site to show it off, by the way.

VampDude
February 26th, 2007, 05:40
You guys should get a domain instead of sticking with 'forum5' IMO.

I already have a domain, well domain name...

...but no site (except the 20+ sites on myspace I maintain), that's why I'm here! lol :D

scottyboynow
February 26th, 2007, 09:38
Yeah, he was talking to me, but I have a new forum, for a tecnical exercise at that, I never thought that installing SMF to a server manualy is so hard.