PDA

View Full Version : Analyst: PS3 First, Wii Third By 2010

wraggster
February 24th, 2007, 19:21
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/analyst-ps3-first-wii-third-by-2010-239376.php)

It might not have been the best day for Sony in terms of news and reception from gamers, but at least one research firms backs them up. Gamasutra spoke with research group Screen Digest's Ed Barton to get the skinny on why even though Barton thinks PS2-level success won't be seen in this generation, the PS3 will still come out on top.

One reason why, in a list of very long reasons is:

We also have a lot of faith in the ability of, in particular, Sony, which we see has really got a huge amount of development resources, and they are backing the PlayStation 3 to enormous unprecedented levels for a first party publisher.

One of our core beliefs is that no one buys one of these plastic boxes on technical specs alone, people tend to buy them for content. Our forecasts at the moment are based on the belief that PlayStation 3 has this level of support. The numbers that we're seeing now for the Nintendo Wii, they've come out of the blocks fantastically strongly - no one would deny that - however it's incredibly early in the hardware cycle. There's still another five or six years to play out on this one, and the first big battleground will be Christmas of 2007.

It's an interesting perspective, one that makes me want to read the full report. However, I don't have $3260 lying around for the PDF and I don't think I can expense this one.

Tree
February 24th, 2007, 21:47
i dont think Wii will make it that far so i think it will be third ... but i still think the Xbox 360 will be first just becasuse of price and how many they already sold ... But alot of Xboxer might change to PS3 this year because on watch dog they had something about the Xbox 360 going wrong after 6 to 8 months ... so that could be a very good thing for sony and also they might get the people who dont want to buy a new xbox 360 because it went wrong!