PDA

View Full Version : It might not have been the best day for Sony in terms of news and reception from game

wraggster
February 24th, 2007, 19:23
Well, one way to toss away your kid friendly image is to make fun of people getting shot. On last night's GameHead, Geoff Keighley spoke with both Reggie Fils-Aime (Nintendo) and Phil Harrison (Sony) about their respective system launches. Reggie went all Perrin Kaplan while discussing the PS3 launch lines saying, "Were those the people ducking to not get shot?"

Fils-Aime dug into Sony deeper saying they had no line at last year's E3, the PlayStation 3 is a "very expensive device" and Sony's got some "core fundamental issues with their strategy."

Harrison, who is clearly on the defensive, starts rambling about the PlayStation 3 after Keighley says those who own the console are happy, "I think that's the important thing to measure. What are we doing? We are creating entertainment. We are creating technology that empowers entertainment for people. And ultimately, it's the people who spend their money, who buy the machine, who love the machine, who have a tremendous relationship with that machine, whether it's playing games ..."
Keighley interjects, "So not a lot of guys coming up to you on the street saying, 'Phil, you know, I feel ripped off.'"
"Never," responds Harrison.

via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/24/gamehead-gets-reggie-making-ps3-shooting-crack/)

ElRazur
February 24th, 2007, 19:31
Haha, Keighly guy speaketh the truth i guess.

Tree
February 24th, 2007, 21:39
Haha, Keighly guy speaketh the truth i guess.

yep, is it true that sony started the retail price at £1000 nd den shops got them to bring it down :confused: because thats what ive been told

Balthasar00
February 25th, 2007, 01:07
"very expensive device" and Sony's got some "core fundamental issues with their strategy."

No rlly? Well, the ps3 isin't a simple GC overclocked with new case and censo stuff.

Its new-gen game system with Blue-ray.. ok very expensive.. :O

I feal sorry for sony. Bashed from too many sides..

They are offering another great piece of hardware but the gaming industry don't seam to be able to bring foward good games.

I don't really care about the Wii, honestly, offering a original gameplay, sure.. But I got bored quite fast with the games. Sensor/ir stuffs won't win my heart yet since they are not used at their best in games. I don't understand all the hype around this gaming system.. Only 1 good rpg so far. what else ?

Bluetooth dongle + home made sensor bar + pc = could be the ultimate system. I just hope that some nasty and skilled devs will work on games projects involving the wiimote-pc.

Cloudhunter
February 25th, 2007, 01:10
yep, is it true that sony started the retail price at £1000 nd den shops got them to bring it down :confused: because thats what ive been told

I very much doubt it. Yet another from the rumour mill...

Cloudy

Joe100517
February 25th, 2007, 04:56
PS3 has been doing pretty bad lately and getting a lot of bad press like this. That's ok though, it means the price should come down by the time any good games come out, like Final Fantasy XIII, so then we can all go buy one. ^_^