PDA

View Full Version : New Code Contribution

Pages : 1 [2]

JoQ
April 26th, 2007, 21:58
We should be focusing on basic features first... :p
One thing i am seeing as very important is the calculate route in PSP. I don't like the way to do it trough GMDL. As it is now with the dot and line to the position is working, but a route-calculation wouldnt be wrong ;)

Hope you can figure something out somehow?

Skaro
April 27th, 2007, 11:46
Deniska, I think lot of people are waiting as me, a new release capable to get sattelite fix in a short time.
My question today is : could you tell us approximativelly when do you expect to propose such a release ?

Thanks for all your very great job ! :thumbup:

iangel
April 28th, 2007, 07:10
When it's out it's out...

Mobz87
April 28th, 2007, 12:49
@Deniska

I have a idea for the next version of mapthis! :

As we all know alot of users have problems getting mapthis! to work and that is mainly becuase of the PRX files... so if you made a menu in mapthis! (before the loading screen) where you could choose what Firmware you had and then mapthis! placed the right PRX files into the system...
Wouldn't this help a lot of users? specially the newbie...

destructdez1
April 28th, 2007, 16:19
Arent the PRX files eligal to distibrute? (or any SONY made product) If it is it would bring forth the downfall of map this and Deniska would be forced to stop all productivity and pay some fines. But then again if it is'nt it would be a great start for new psp owners to get into the game.

Codaz
May 5th, 2007, 00:35
So this topic comes to an end ! Further in new 0.99 topic !

vitalik5k
May 5th, 2007, 14:22
Milhause, what version of mapthis are you using? 0.496?

bumper_boy2000
May 5th, 2007, 15:22
hmm i'm having some problems with the North Up and Track Up modes. When I turn my body to face another direction in North Up, the arrow doesn't change. Neither does the screen rotate in Track Up mode. is there a setting which i missed out? or wad...? :s

Skaro
May 5th, 2007, 19:52
I was very surprised to discover in a other site a new release 0.499 :eek:

Milhause
May 5th, 2007, 23:13
Milhause, what version of mapthis are you using? 0.496?

felipeou
May 7th, 2007, 02:48
Hey folks, how u doing.
I was thinking about a new feature (maybe it's already avaiable, but I don't know how to use it...anyway...)

What about a feature that allow us to save the routes that we set with the marker set feature?

In my opinion it would be usefull cause If I'm a hurry, I wouldn't have to produce a new map with the route with GMDL.
I would be able , just to look a t it in Google maps set the marks in MAp this and then load then when I need it.

I don't know if It's clear ...I hope u guys get the idea.. that I had...
thanks a lot

[ ]'s

marcellomarchese
May 7th, 2007, 11:38
Hey folks, how u doing.
I was thinking about a new feature (maybe it's already avaiable, but I don't know how to use it...anyway...)

What about a feature that allow us to save the routes that we set with the marker set feature?

In my opinion it would be usefull cause If I'm a hurry, I wouldn't have to produce a new map with the route with GMDL.
I would be able , just to look a t it in Google maps set the marks in MAp this and then load then when I need it.

I don't know if It's clear ...I hope u guys get the idea.. that I had...
thanks a lot

[ ]'s
this is a good idea and shouldn't be difficult to make:)

deniska
May 8th, 2007, 01:15
hmm i'm having some problems with the North Up and Track Up modes. When I turn my body to face another direction in North Up, the arrow doesn't change. Neither does the screen rotate in Track Up mode. is there a setting which i missed out? or wad...? :s

LOL,
none of the portable gps devices would be able to do that. You'd need a gyroscope to sence rotation while standing still. (some very expensive car systems do have it..)
But all gps units can sence a change in directional movement and update the angle - so once you start moving in some direction -it will 'rotate' the screen for ya...

atari800
May 22nd, 2007, 00:35
MIB.42/Deniska
Since MP3 is being implemented in this, is it possible to "read" the directions on a plotted course?
Look for keywords in the direction panel like:
LEFT
RIGHT
SLIGHT
TURN
AHEAD
HEAD
SOUTHWEST
SOUTH
etc....
Each one is an MP3 file with the word?

Example:
1. Head southwest on Woodcrest Way 138 ft
2. Turn right to stay on Woodcrest Way 174 ft
3. Turn left at S Seahawk Cir 0.1 mi
4. Turn left at Seahawk Cir 0.5 mi
2 mins
5. Turn right at Red Bird Wing Rd 0.7 mi
2 mins
6. Turn left at SR-547 E/E Sparking Blvd 0.5 mi
1 min
7. Slight right at Lake Parameter Rd 1.1 mi
2 mins
8. Turn right at Parameter Branch Rd

Here use keywords to terminate the rest of sentence (at, to, on, etc) or just grab first 2 words
Head southwest
Turn right
Turn left
Turn left
Turn right
Slight right
Turn right

we could record our own voices in our own languages

Just a thought - I already got MP3's, cassette, and CD capability in the car - but not a talking GPS :cool:

also is there a way to set startup default speed? if I start up MAPTHIS and immediately go to 111Mhz - I can lock on and get FIXED in about 14 seconds (when I step outside my house) - each time

Configuration:
psp 3.40oe
MapThis 0.4.97
psp gps 290 module
*not sure about usbacc and usbgps module versions - cant seem to find version of these with a hex editor

and of course
THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THEEEEEEE COOLEST APPS FOR THE PSP
(I meant the last part in uppercase :thumbup: )
/|\

atari800
May 22nd, 2007, 00:38
Also (not to be a backseat programmer) but is it possible to have WARNINGDISTANCE be adjusted to longer distances based on your speed - to give more of a heads up on a turn?

thanks in advance
/|\

deniska
May 22nd, 2007, 15:12
MIB.42/Deniska
Since MP3 is being implemented in this, is it possible to "read" the directions on a plotted course?
Look for keywords in the direction panel like:
LEFT
RIGHT
SLIGHT
TURN
AHEAD
HEAD
SOUTHWEST
SOUTH
etc....
Each one is an MP3 file with the word?

Example:
1. Head southwest on Woodcrest Way 138 ft
2. Turn right to stay on Woodcrest Way 174 ft
3. Turn left at S Seahawk Cir 0.1 mi
4. Turn left at Seahawk Cir 0.5 mi
2 mins
5. Turn right at Red Bird Wing Rd 0.7 mi
2 mins
6. Turn left at SR-547 E/E Sparking Blvd 0.5 mi
1 min
7. Slight right at Lake Parameter Rd 1.1 mi
2 mins
8. Turn right at Parameter Branch Rd

Here use keywords to terminate the rest of sentence (at, to, on, etc) or just grab first 2 words
Head southwest
Turn right
Turn left
Turn left
Turn right
Slight right
Turn right

we could record our own voices in our own languages

Just a thought - I already got MP3's, cassette, and CD capability in the car - but not a talking GPS :cool:

also is there a way to set startup default speed? if I start up MAPTHIS and immediately go to 111Mhz - I can lock on and get FIXED in about 14 seconds (when I step outside my house) - each time

Configuration:
psp 3.40oe
MapThis 0.4.97
psp gps 290 module
*not sure about usbacc and usbgps module versions - cant seem to find version of these with a hex editor

and of course
THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THEEEEEEE COOLEST APPS FOR THE PSP
(I meant the last part in uppercase :thumbup: )
/|\

Actually, in7ane and I are currenlty working on a similar implementation.
I took a more generic approach, adding a new element to POI/waypoint lines.
It will point to an mp3 file (and play it) whenever a poi/waypoint comes close to current coordinates.
(some people may want to get notified of a speed trap or nearby gas station or mcDonalds)
It's going to be up to a user or gmdl to assign those sounds in one way or another....
I spoke to in7ane - he is going to do the parsing of directions and sounds assignment based on matched words or phrases... The tool will be configurable, to be able to add new phrase-sounds correlations...

So just wait a bit - I'll post it once we do some preliminary testing...
Meanwhile, if someone wants to compile and record a list of voice prompts - feel free to post it here....

atari800
May 22nd, 2007, 16:20
Should it be based on my example above - simple 1 or 2 word MP3 files?

deniska
May 22nd, 2007, 19:54
It's up to you what you wnat to hear..
I would go with "Left turn ahead" phrase for all waypoints that have word "left" in them.
Then, for example you can still assign "slight left ahead" for all "bear left", "slight left", "keep left", etc matches...
so it's up to you how extensive and informative you want your "vocabluary" be...
If you still confused - just wait a couple of weeks until we release a test version with samples..

knightrider
May 30th, 2007, 04:43
i got a question deniska, how do we get the sounds to play? the serial cable has the headphone jack so the psp automatically mutes the speakers. did you cut off the headphone jack or use some other method to bypass the muted speakers on the psp.

deniska
May 30th, 2007, 05:41
pc-mobile.net is working on a cable for PSP, designed specifically for mapThis. this cable is supposed to get an audio out jack for headphones or external speakers. With PSP-290 - it's not even an issue - since the audio jack is not used...

MIB.42
May 31st, 2007, 17:27
http://pc-mobile.net/pspgps.htm

Ursus
June 12th, 2007, 19:55
Any updates on the sample program? :thumbup:

deniska
June 12th, 2007, 20:43
what do you mean?

Ursus
June 12th, 2007, 21:54
what do you mean?

Sorry Deniska, I was referring to the new MapThis with sample voice direction capabilities. Have you already released it in another thread? I apologize if I missed it. :)

Codaz
June 13th, 2007, 00:10
Ursus means the Unofficial Mapthis i guess. Deniska is looking into it to implement some features into the official mapthis.

Codaz
June 13th, 2007, 00:12
pc-mobile.net is working on a cable for PSP, designed specifically for mapThis. this cable is supposed to get an audio out jack for headphones or external speakers. With PSP-290 - it's not even an issue - since the audio jack is not used...

Too bad they won't produce a psp-290 extension cable. The costs for that are too high.

I prefer a factory build one and not a homemade which CAN cause a fry to your psp-290 antenna.

Ursus
June 13th, 2007, 16:49
Ursus means the Unofficial Mapthis i guess. Deniska is looking into it to implement some features into the official mapthis.

Correct me if I'm wrong, 0.499 version has sound capabilities but it's not the directional guidance right?

deniska
June 13th, 2007, 20:46
yes..

nix666
June 15th, 2007, 12:19
holy crap! you guys are brilliant with this stuff!, only problem is that i am a coplete novice when it comes to this stuff! im in South Africa, and just got my PSP290 through ebay, now i dont know how to use it! all this technical talk is way too confusing for me! ive asked numerous people to explain to me step by step how to load this software, as im scared ill screw my psp up, but nobody could answer me, so i thought ill ask the master! Or if you can just point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated! by the way my psp is a TA082 and ive got firmware ver2.81 on it!

if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated

with regards
nikie hendrikse

r2000
June 15th, 2007, 13:13
holy crap! you guys are brilliant with this stuff!, only problem is that i am a coplete novice when it comes to this stuff! im in South Africa, and just got my PSP290 through ebay, now i dont know how to use it! all this technical talk is way too confusing for me! ive asked numerous people to explain to me step by step how to load this software, as im scared ill screw my psp up, but nobody could answer me, so i thought ill ask the master! Or if you can just point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated! by the way my psp is a TA082 and ive got firmware ver2.81 on it!

if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated

with regards
nikie hendrikse

First of all you need to downgrade your PSP to 1.50.
Then upgrade it to one of the OEA firmware, like 3.30OEA.

Then you can use Mapthis.

Look for information to do the first part first.

trovador
June 18th, 2007, 08:35
Hello deniska, before anything I want darte thanks for your wonderful application. I am Spanish and not to be spoken English, this is translated by Babelfish.

That would be interesting that you added a utility to him to your application:

- opening of maps according to scale of the collection of maps. It is to say that I have two maps, one for example is all Spain and another Madrid. I am leading with my car and the program has open the map of Spain (scale greater than the one of Madrid) and when I approach Madrid the program me would have to open the one of Madrid (scale smaller than the map of Spain).

I believe that this utility would be very useful for a future.

Thank you very much.

MIB.42
June 18th, 2007, 17:54
Hello deniska, before anything I want darte thanks for your wonderful application. I am Spanish and not to be spoken English, this is translated by Babelfish.

- opening of maps according to scale of the collection of maps. It is to say that I have two maps, one for example is all Spain and another Madrid. I am leading with my car and the program has open the map of Spain (scale greater than the one of Madrid) and when I approach Madrid the program me would have to open the one of Madrid (scale smaller than the map of Spain).

Thank you very much.

That's pretty good and quite doable... It's all about priorities than...

deniska
June 18th, 2007, 18:25
Here is the most recent source, since some people requested it..

atari800
June 18th, 2007, 20:15
Awesome!!!
I made a link from the unofficial thread to here so others can follow along with the official version

Deniska - MIB.42 (and others) - thanks for the incredible work you put into this.
You guys are the best
/|\

trovador
June 19th, 2007, 08:59
Hello MIB.42. I am Spanish and not to be spoken English, this is translated by Babelfish.

I am grateful that you have been interested for my request, I would like that you together with deniska as soon as possible you were having this one usefulness in the application.

A way of doing it would be with a variable in the "config.txt" who was saying to him to the program that should open the map according to the position that you are and it he climbs.
An example would be: I have three maps
- Spain (that of major scale)
- Community of Madrid (minor scale that Spain)
- Madrid (that of minor scale)

Example 1: The Gps marks a coordinate that corresponds to all three planes that I have. Then the program would show the map of Madrid to myself.
Example 2: the gps gives me a coordinate that is inside Community of Madrid and Spain, but it he is out of Madrid. The program would open myself the map of Community of Madrid.

I would like that in the opening map, the statistics, times, etc not reseteasen.

liam_alex
June 20th, 2007, 11:14
Is it possible to use the yahoo maps for creating the map? Because the google maps tool doesn't have Romania :mad:

ps: and where can i find the tool , because the site version of yahoo doesn't allow saving the map ! Thank u in advance!

sleekyboy24
June 20th, 2007, 23:40
Just want to add something on what Trovador have said about having two maps.
Let's say you downloaded a direction from GMDL from New york to New Jersey, but have two separate maps (New York and New Jersey)... It would be nice if mapthis would be able to switch maps as you are following the direction.

atari800
June 23rd, 2007, 07:52
hi there-
Here is something that appears to work - placed on top:
void speedThrottle (long testme) {
if (testme>5000) {
testme/=1000;
} else {testme/=100;}

sceKernelDcacheWritebackInvalidateAll();
sceKernelDelayThread(testme);
}

then I did a search/replace-
Search - sceKernelDelayThread(
Replace - speedThrottle(
in the main code and it seems to accelerate the flow a lot.....and less hanging
I also tossed this in UTILS.C in every section that does a read/seek...right before the RETURN.

Guessing that the sceKernelDelayThread waits too long for something to be done and could cause a hang if too much is going on.
It's like an immediate FLUSH with a reduced DELAY....

atari800
June 23rd, 2007, 08:00
Also tossed this in at the bottom (2nd from bottom if(gpsOn)):

if (!waypoint && !rotatemap && poiname==1) {
for (j=attractions_count()-1; j>=0; j--) {
if (attractions[j]!=NULL && abs(attractions[j]->x-mapx)<PSP_WIDTH*zm && abs(attractions[j]->y-mapy) < PSP_HEIGHT*zm) {
draw_string(attractions[j]->name,(attractions[j]->x/zm-attr_width/4-mapx/zm)+PSP_WIDTH/2-((strlen(attractions[j]->name)/2)*8),(attractions[j]->y/zm-attr_width/4-mapy/zm)+PSP_WIDTH/2-85);
}
}
}
*It place the name of the PIO right underneath the icon when driving ..kinda the HEADS UP thing
*pioname is a toggle 0/1 1if you want to show it - can clutter up screen if too many pio close together
*doesnt work on map up mode - the "spinning" needs some work for the words not to be off the target

Nieko
June 23rd, 2007, 09:49
atari800: do you have a file with all your changes in it? (Complete src directory basically.) Then I can diff it with the original MapThis version, and choose which changes I want in my own version :)

ejv21
June 23rd, 2007, 11:23
hey just curious... when is .5 going to be released? just anxious :D

Codaz
June 24th, 2007, 22:50
Hmm Deniska said 1,5 weeks ago that it'll ready in a week. So i'm expecting it soon. Deniska hasn't got all the time of the world haha.

druance
June 26th, 2007, 04:50
Hi just found about this whole psp gps just interested if anyone has any feed back from the maps in australia???

webznz
June 26th, 2007, 06:43
this is a pretty killer app.
the earlyer version's where great but really lacked that nice finishing that we aer starting to see! very cool interface etc, starting to get the most out of the (well n my case) PSP-290 cause of the ability to lower the clock frequincy down to the 111Mhz.

But yea nice stuff guys this prog is growing on me more and more.. its jsut a pitty Google dont suport New Zealand mapswith there GEOdata... that would be cool.. i jsut have two questions thos.

when is version 0.5 comming and what new features might we see in this? and

anyone know how to make a usb psp-290 extention cable? please give me a better referance than that other guide floatnig around here :P

atari800
June 29th, 2007, 07:04
ok - I am not part of the crew..
but look at things this way:
#1 this is a free product
#2 Deniska may not be a billionaire and only works on this project
#3 despite how cool this is - you need to wait..are you asking Bill Gates for Windows 3000?
#4 if you crave something in this that you truly cant wait for...why not try and add it yourself?
- I had a blast and realized I was throwing random code (with a cool guess I will add) to a complex project. It did things I wan ted...and made me aware of more things
(MIB.42 -more of a delay before calling read//write routines with a cachedelayinvaliddateall) appears to stablize a lot (not all) io access...I know you are looking at mp3 player capabilities)..this might help
*also compilling with -o1 vs -o2 based on a psp read of fread anomolies

#5 I found the right thing to do by removing my unofficial build ( see my gracefully finished episode) however those that like to look at and adjust can ALWAYS speek your mind in the code contribution section

okay- enough being the principal...

ok here is a thought...since the WIFI mechanism is in the code...how about:
#1 a personal server that can do google map downloader based on requests
(I am sure a simple username/password thing can be used) to find out where I am and where I need to go...use your own computer with a static ip address (ok not so simple -but brains are not on PSP)

#2 MIB.42 (clap when you see him) has got a hankering for an MP3 player - personally I'd like to see him lock onto video stuff (driving on the highway with nothing happening would be cool for a show)

#3 a request thread on there forums vs a wish list forum might be cool
If you ask for .5 now that makes .5.1 longer down the road

and as always...THANKS MIB.42/DENISKA/in7ane and friends - you folks rule~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MIB.42
July 6th, 2007, 22:36
(MIB.42 -more of a delay before calling read//write routines with a cachedelayinvaliddateall) appears to stablize a lot (not all) io access...I know you are looking at mp3 player capabilities)..this might help
*also compilling with -o1 vs -o2 based on a psp read of fread anomolies

Cool, make the changes, mark them as we discussed and post your source for deniska to pick up...

#2 MIB.42 has got a hankering for an MP3 player - personally I'd like to see him lock onto video stuff (driving on the highway with nothing happening would be cool for a show)

video stuff? Can you elaborate?

atari800
July 6th, 2007, 23:13
Yeah - video - as in is it possible to play an MP4 from the ms0:/video or /MP_ROOT/100MNV01 or /MP_ROOT/101ANV01 directories?
I mean I could switch of Mapthis then watch a video - the start Mapthis back up. Just driving in a car sometimes takes quite awhile to lock - so keep mapthis running. Since no heavy math is being used for drawing - all we need is to just read the basics and do nothing. When done with the video - redraw the map

*I've been Googling for video PSP programming - but nothing yet.

Thanks for confirming the source code is the latest here - I'll start porting my changes once I compile and see what is already in place

/|\

deniska
July 7th, 2007, 02:42
#1 a personal server that can do google map downloader based on requests
(I am sure a simple username/password thing can be used) to find out where I am and where I need to go...use your own computer with a static ip address (ok not so simple -but brains are not on PSP)

Not sure what you mean...
Current code PSP code attempts to get maps from google w/o proxying it through any other server..

You can probably extend it by adding a request for directions too...(porting some of in7anes .Net code to C...
Proxying POI/directions inquiries through a web server may in theory lead to some legal problems with google/VE/etc... so unless you find a "brave" web master and reliable host this path is not worth proceeding..

MIB.42
July 7th, 2007, 07:55
Yeah - video - as in is it possible to play an MP4 from the ms0:/video or /MP_ROOT/100MNV01 or /MP_ROOT/101ANV01 directories?
I mean I could switch of Mapthis then watch a video - the start Mapthis back up. Just driving in a car sometimes takes quite awhile to lock - so keep mapthis running. Since no heavy math is being used for drawing - all we need is to just read the basics and do nothing. When done with the video - redraw the map

Right. It is not an easy topic. Base ports of ffmpeg based players all failed to keep the framerates even at 333MHz. It is not a trivial task, as one MUST utilize the media processor in the PSP. For this task the amount of work is plain insane ( for a weekend coder like myself ), as it involves synchronizing between several processing units with plenty of assembly tuning...

*I've been Googling for video PSP programming - but nothing yet.

... for a good reason... There is a thread going on with some prop. format, keep searching...

Cheers,
MIB.42

Codaz
July 7th, 2007, 17:28
NO video in mapthis !

Think about road security ! You have to keep your eyes onto the road, not onto a movie !

Why do you think the build in DVD players in BMW cars ONLY work if switched into Neutral gear ?

So give your dev time to something more map related.

xcoder
July 7th, 2007, 21:12
Hi
Please where can i find .prx files for 3.40OE-A when i want to only viewing maps? No GPS use, only viewing maps. THank you.

atari800
July 8th, 2007, 02:25
My suggestions were more of wishes/ideas
@Deniska - I was thinking since there are so many free/unsecure Wifi areas, it it were possible to extend the address lookup function to "call" your own personal computer (obviously listening for a request - with some security) to do queue up a search.
Send LAT/LONG of where we are at now and the address of where to go - and return back the directions as loadable.
*Wishful thinking but would be cool if packet was small enough, send request and then next free wifi see if there is a return (a successful return) of the directions.

@MIB.42 - yeah you hit it on the head - lack of info due to pretty hard task.

@Others - this was open ideas - not direction of project. I agree mapthis should be priority 1. The beels and whistles are just personal wishes.
As for crashing while watching a dvd...that could be true - but my own experience with that (Watching King of the hill driving) is it wont happen to me in this circumstance as I seen the show already. I dont think I would have a desire to watch blockbuster movie in my car. And I know heavy traffic would put a halt to that as is.
Again - food for thought - probably too much in the the "Car Theatre" realm.
But I have plugged in PSP/Mapthis to my cars stereo and it does sound cool

atari800
July 8th, 2007, 05:15
Got a couple of questions about some variables in the code

WARN - I see this set to "BAD" or sometimes the code checks to see if it is an "O" or "B"
*possibly OK and BAD

What is this for/represent?

The voices MESSAGE001.MP3 - MESSAGE010.MP3
Is there a description of these? I know I can hear them, but what dictates these values? GMDL?
[edit] GMDL does - there is a tick mark for sounds
[edit] sounds.txt in GMDL has the description

Reason why I ask is in the unofficial version. if I plotted a route from my home to the golf course, I would read the directions normally charted:

Turn left on Mountain Rd
Turn right on Dew Ave
Turn left of Gold Course Blvd

When I head home I read same chart but in reverse:
Turn right on Golf Course Blvd
Turn left on Dew Ave
Turn Right on Mountain Rd

so with SYSTEM###.MP3 messages
MESSAGE002 is RIGHT TURN AHEAD
MESSAGE010 is LEFT TURN AHEAD

I guess I am asking "Is there a pattern?"

If this because different languages will have different spellings for TURN LEFT but on google they are tagged the same?

/|\
[edit] Reason why I ask is when I go reverse direction - I recreate the sentence (shown on bottom panel) then I "read" the sentence aloud based on keywords LEFT, RIGHT,UTURN, SOUTH,etc

deniska
July 8th, 2007, 20:16
Got a couple of questions about some variables in the code

WARN - I see this set to "BAD" or sometimes the code checks to see if it is an "O" or "B"
*possibly OK and BAD

What is this for/represent?

The voices MESSAGE001.MP3 - MESSAGE010.MP3
Is there a description of these? I know I can hear them, but what dictates these values? GMDL?
[edit] GMDL does - there is a tick mark for sounds

Reason why I ask is in the unofficial version. if I plotted a route from my home to the golf course, I would read the directions normally charted:

Turn left on Mountain Rd
Turn right on Dew Ave
Turn left of Gold Course Blvd

When I head home I read same chart but in reverse:
Turn right on Golf Course Blvd
Turn left on Dew Ave
Turn Right on Mountain Rd

so with SYSTEM###.MP3 messages
MESSAGE002 is RIGHT TURN AHEAD
MESSAGE010 is LEFT TURN AHEAD

I guess I am asking "Is there a pattern?"

If this because different languages will have different spellings for TURN LEFT but on google they are tagged the same?

/|\
[edit] Reason why I ask is when I go reverse direction - I recreate the sentence (shown on bottom panel) then I "read" the sentence aloud based on keywords LEFT, RIGHT,UTURN, SOUTH,etc

I don't have the code infront of me, so if my memory serves me right:
1) warn was used to display fix status in older generic versions it would be interpreted from NMEA's $GPRMC status and some ploting logic would depend upon it.. I'll have to double check if the variable is still needed...
2) The voice prompts are designed to work as follows:
- POI format gets an integer at the end of the comma delimeted string - this number specifies which mp3 promt to play when this POI/waypoint nearby. (if the number is ommited than nothing is played)
-gmdl tool takes care of assigning the numbers to each waypoint by parsing the description string and looking for certain matches (LEFT/RIGHT/MERGE,etc); the dictionary of the tool is configured via the dictionary file and can be expanded to any number of recordings.. It will work ok as long as your voice prompt set corresponds to tool's dictionary.
With this implementation the language should not be a problem as long as the user re-records the prompts and reconfigures the dictionary to understand local spelling for LEFT/RIGHT/MERGE/etc..

atari800
July 9th, 2007, 00:48
got it.
So using a same plotted route backwards cant be "reworded" from real sentences - I'd need to re-do the speech so it finds the opposite word/number (right for left, north for south, etc)

Just trying to eliminate two plotted routes (home to destination - destination back home)

If the numerics make it universal - then that is the better benefit. I was basing mine on the english phrases. Also reconstructing the sentences (bottom panel) coming back.

maxo.p
July 9th, 2007, 12:30
Hi there, I have just purchased a GPS add on for my PSP. I tried to download the map this software from this site. As I am fairly unfamilar with this software I need a tutorial on how to get the 4 programmes to install on my PSP. I looked at the tutorial video and I can't seem to see 2 of the software programmes i need. can somebody please help? And yes i am thick.:confused: thanks

atari800
July 9th, 2007, 13:47
4 programs?
I only use 2 - mapthis (on psp) and GMDL to create maps and route for psp

what 2 programs do you have now?
*Plus this question should be in a separate thread as it is not a new code type issue as this thread is defined

Nieko
July 9th, 2007, 20:48
Deniska: your PM inbox has been full for a while, so I post my reply here instead.

<snip: unofficial MapThis versions>

If you would like to add a feature to the official version, please do following:
1) Discuss it with me in private or open forum first - we need to evaluate if the majority of users will benefit of a proposed addition
2) once agreed on (1) - provide the code changes with proper comments (name/ version#/breif desctription.(attach them to new contribution thread)
3) allow some time for me to incert and test your additions....

Sounds good :) The changes I've made so far are:
Renamed _MY_POIS to _#MY_POIS, so it's always on top of the list Read _#MY_POIS and other POIs also from ms0:/PSP/COMMON (although this looks ugly in the menu) Always read all icons from MapThis/system/icons Don't show POI info box (messageplate) when second line is "MIDPOINT" Prevent the screen from changing to lower brightness and then to off when power is plugged in (it should be easy to make a config directive for "keep brightness=always,adapter,never")

I'll probably change _#MY_POIS back to _MY_POIS as it is now, and change the sort so it always shows up first (like the wifi map download, which is always last).

Now, as far as proxying the routes through some site - I though of this long time ago but was not convinced that this would be 100% legal - it would shift more responsibility to the owner of the "proxy site"...

Tomorrow I'll ask my boss about this, he's more into law and IT :)

-the site woud need to be constantly maintained by someone as source data vendors tend to change URLs, authentication, etc..
-The site better be up most of the time

Keeping it up is no problem (although I'd better make a separate host for it, so I can move it to another server), and I'm used to maintenance from another project, so same there. But well, let's see about the legality first :)

deniska
July 9th, 2007, 21:19
Renamed _MY_POIS to _#MY_POIS, so it's always on top of the list
Read _#MY_POIS and other POIs also from ms0:/PSP/COMMON (although this looks ugly in the menu)
Always read all icons from MapThis/system/icons
Don't show POI info box (messageplate) when second line is "MIDPOINT"
Prevent the screen from changing to lower brightness and then to off when power is plugged in (it should be easy to make a config directive for "keep brightness=always,adapter,never")
I'll probably change _#MY_POIS back to _MY_POIS as it is now, and change the sort so it always shows up first (like the wifi map download, which is always last).

Tomorrow I'll ask my boss about this, he's more into law and IT :)

Keeping it up is no problem (although I'd better make a separate host for it, so I can move it to another server), and I'm used to maintenance from another project, so same there. But well, let's see about the legality first :)

Some comments:
- system/icons was only designed to store small icons for POI/route list
-checking this directory for any map icon limits the map customization, IMHO...
-britness settings are already controlled by firmware, I don't see a big need for re-implementing it...

-if you get a "go-ahead" with web hosting/proxying - then we can figure out best way to do the route d/l - perhaps we can get a separate screen in mapthis.

deniska
July 9th, 2007, 21:24
got it.
So using a same plotted route backwards cant be "reworded" from real sentences - I'd need to re-do the speech so it finds the opposite word/number (right for left, north for south, etc)

Just trying to eliminate two plotted routes (home to destination - destination back home)

If the numerics make it universal - then that is the better benefit. I was basing mine on the english phrases. Also reconstructing the sentences (bottom panel) coming back.

Maybe it's just me (leaving in town with lot's of one way streets) but plotting the route backwards, 90% of the time would result in dangerous/illegal journey :-)

My approach with this program - it's better not to provide data at all than provide incorrect/misleading data...

atari800
July 9th, 2007, 21:50
You mail box was full but I was going to send you example of a trip I can take (just about anywhere)
Send mapthis (older code)- maps - and gps recording. So you could see if this was something to pursue in the code. Or I guess I could append to a trip both to the destination and back and save as 1 route.

Only problem I see is when a bizarre intersection is being crossed. Like I have an intersection like a triangle - at that one point it gives a crazy response but the map still shows correct.

Or if you are pretty happy with the speech as is - I wont pursue any changes.

I do like this idea (with a twist):
"Prevent the screen from changing to lower brightness and then to off when power is plugged in (it should be easy to make a config directive for "keep brightness=always,adapter,never")"

At night going a store - set it to recognize if there is power or running from a battery. Power would be from the cigarette lighter. When no more power but running on battery - turn off screen but not program - so it is not so attractive

code example:
int Ridepower=0;
if (scePowerIsPowerOnline()) RidePower=1;
if (RidePower ==1 && !scePowerIsPowerOnline) {
sceDisplayDisable();
RidePower=-1;
}

if (RidePower ==-1 && scePowerIsPowerOnline) {
sceDisplayEnable();
RidePower=1;
}
====
the sceDisplayDis/Enable() always locked up my psp so I couldnt do this myself

Nieko
July 10th, 2007, 08:51
britness settings are already controlled by firmware, I don't see a big need for re-implementing it...
Thing is, in OE firmwares, you can't just tell the PSP to never switch the screen off. And in most cases, I do actually want the screen to turn off.

However, when driving around, I found this became a nuisance, and I had to tap one of the shoulder buttons every few minutes. That's the main reason why I'd like to see this feature implemented.

At night going a store - set it to recognize if there is power or running from a battery. Power would be from the cigarette lighter. When no more power but running on battery - turn off screen but not program - so it is not so attractive

The scePowerTick() only works when viewing the maps themselves (IMO the only place where it really matters, cause in other screens there's usually user input to prevent the screen from turning off). So if you just press 'Start' (go to the menu), it'll turn off by itself, or you can hold the brightness button on the PSP itself.

atari800
July 10th, 2007, 13:14
cant you go to POWER SAVE SETTINGS -
Change Backlight Auto-Off to Off
Auto Sleep to off

It wont wont fade or sleep now

Works for me

Nieko
July 10th, 2007, 22:00
cant you go to POWER SAVE SETTINGS -
Change Backlight Auto-Off to Off
Auto Sleep to off

It wont wont fade or sleep now

Works for me

Right... This kinda surprised me :) But you're right, it works. Anyway, with the scePowerTick() that I used, you could still just hold the brightness button for a while until the screen turns off. scePowerTick() just makes sure the screen doesn't _change_ (so it also doesn't change back to on).

And also, usually I do want the screen to go off automatically, but not in MapThis. So in my version, I'll keep it anyway :P

Some comments:
- system/icons was only designed to store small icons for POI/route list
-checking this directory for any map icon limits the map customization, IMHO...

True, but it might be nicer to check map directories first, and if files aren't found there, to check system/icons. This way you can decide yourself if you want this customization or not. (Personally I find it tiresome to copy the icons to every folder where I have POIs that need them.) Because of my holidays I don't think I'll be getting to implementing this shortly, but I'll put it on my TODO anyway.

-if you get a "go-ahead" with web hosting/proxying - then we can figure out best way to do the route d/l - perhaps we can get a separate screen in mapthis.

I'm not quite sure about this yet, hopefully I can answer this tomorrow.

atari800
July 13th, 2007, 06:45
Here is my code -based on .499
NOT .50
MIB.42 - there is some things I referenced of yours
*only as navigation in the code so I have a sig on it
Nothing of your was changes other than a few comments (sorry)
Nieko-
Work on this - my stablizing stuff is the
sceKernelCreateThread - original is commented out - mine is underneath

Look at utils.c for FILEACTIVITY as I was thinking I seen that maps being redrawn and sounds at the same time was causing locking
(what I think I see)
Also the makefile is -o0 not -o2 for optimization - I read a few strange anomalies with reading large files on the psp if set to -o2

I will clean up code better
but it is birthday weekend for me
and....I know from everyone they want .50 from Deniska

PEOPLE:
this is not .50 !!
Deniska has a fantastic plan for voice routing
This is old proof of concept - which is flawed
I totally understand what Deniska wants to do and in his environment (which flows into ours) is very much safer
One request - on behalf of the actual code contributers - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Do NOT call out the flaws in the personal release as it is to help the programmers in a proof of concept way - not the .50 way!!!
This is for them to enhance the already way cool mapthis!
Direction of the product already has a different agenda

Coders:
util.c modified
mp3player. modified
main.c modified
*look for //atari800 in code for what I was doing
*sorry for somewhat lack comments
*I'll pull this message if it is a problem
*srcorig is modified code
*other is compiled code (provide own maps)

ok - tried 10 times (at least) and got this for the compiled version:
mapViewernot50.zip:
Upload of file failed.

*it is not tainted

atari800
July 13th, 2007, 06:48
one more time

failed
sorry - tried RAR and ZIP

atari800
July 13th, 2007, 06:51
ok - here it is
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w2gqys
cheers

it is birthday weekend - see you on recover mode (aka Monday'ish)

sergemontreal
July 13th, 2007, 19:43
--ok...I try to make it work, but it freeze 99% of the time.
( freeze 100% of the time when zooming )

--say atari800...do you live in the States ? I live in montreal, and there is no way to make the address look up to work. ( like *h8p 3g6* )

--Is there a way to boost the sat. signals ?
--on your version, is the voice working ? ( like turn left and all...)
--LOC:0 ( or 1 or 2) wth is that for ??

you and Deniska, keep up the superb work...we do depend on you guys after all !

3.40oe-a psp

( freeze 100% of the time when zooming )

Russoxley187
July 14th, 2007, 02:35
Does this only work with the sony reciever?
or with the hollux?
which one is it?
When I try to run it it tells me somehting about the usb module
I enabled and placed it in the right spots

deniska
July 14th, 2007, 05:40
Does this only work with the sony reciever?
or with the hollux?
which one is it?
When I try to run it it tells me somehting about the usb module
I enabled and placed it in the right spots

Although I did not have a chance to test it yet, my guess that it would be for PSP-290 and would not work with serial port devices..

Nieko
July 14th, 2007, 12:20

I've talked it over some more with my boss, and his first reaction was "no problem at all, go right ahead, but do place a link back to Google Maps" (which I've done). His argumentation was mainly that I now have a proper disclaimer, make no changes concerning content (only structure) and don't gain from it personally (i.e., I don't insert ads e.g.), it's thus just a hobby project. Also, all the copyright notices (e.g. "Map Data 2007 Tele Atlas") are kept.

Other than that, having gone over Google's terms for their Google Maps API, I have to say they're rather vague. The terms say that the API does not provide you with the ability to e.g. calculate routes. Because the terms are only applicable to the API, the terms thus do not apply to my script.

Do also note that my script and in7ane's GMDL are almost the same in that aspect (both contain functionality that does not fall under the API). The only difference is that instead of the user downloading routes directly from Google, and are converted to the proper format locally, the data is now converted somewhere between Google and the end user.

Btw., the terms can be found at http://www.google.com/apis/maps/terms.html.

However, my boss told me yesterday he was going to ask a company that specializes in IT & jurisdiction, so perhaps it'd be better to wait for their final answer.

dudespencer
July 15th, 2007, 07:30
when i put map viewer on my psp in GAME it says that file is corrupted what do i do

Nieko
July 15th, 2007, 22:34
atari800: setting -O0 for optimalization works very well, I'm experiencing way fewer crashes, thanks :) I hope tomorrow I can take a look at your other code.

As for my code contribution, I'm leaving on Tuesday for holidays, about 6 weeks, so I hope to have something nice done tomorrow. (See list below, these complement the things I implemented earlier.) If not, it'll be much later.

In attractions.c:
Only do initPath() after first !WAYPOINT in file, not after last one. This is necessary for files that contain multiple !WAYPOINT directives, which happens during the changed GPS recording (see list below).

In main.c:
Read icons from map folder, if not found, then from system folder; Ignore POIs where the second line begins with "MIDPOINT" (i.e., sidebar on the right doesn't get shorter, no messageplate); Keep current brightness (can also be "off") only when adapter is plugged in; Changed GPS recording. When you start recording, MapThis writes "!WAYPOINT" to a _#GPS file. This is a POI file, so you can easily see again the road you've taken before. A new point is written every 20 meters. Also, the current time and speed will be registered; Change http://getroute.nieko.net/ to include several routes at once ("Add destination") and button for swapping addresses, so it'll be easier to calculate the route back home.

deniska: tomorrow I'll post this functionality, if you see things you would like to use, go ahead, and if any modifications are still necessary, tell me, and I'll get on it when I can.

MIB.42: what was the idea behind the current GPS recording? I couldn't get it to work with the PSP-290 (because of "#ifndef GENERIC" I assume). The only thing I really saw was that it's connected with "fakefeed".

Nieko
July 16th, 2007, 13:33
@Deniska - I was thinking since there are so many free/unsecure Wifi areas, it it were possible to extend the address lookup function to "call" your own personal computer (obviously listening for a request - with some security) to do queue up a search.
Send LAT/LONG of where we are at now and the address of where to go - and return back the directions as loadable.

Google Maps already supports this (see http://tinyurl.com/2cj2tq), and thus so does my script at http://getroute.nieko.net/. When I get the final go, this could be implemented along with normal routes from address A to address B.

Regarding security, I could simply set up SSL, and done :)

If it turns out this proxy is not allowed, then this functionality could be built into MapThis itself, right? (That's what GMDL also does basically.) In my script, the "hardest" part is bringing down the number of POIs to 400. However, if the POI file can be automatically reread in MapThis when approaching the last of the 400 POI files, this entire part can be dropped.

Nieko
July 16th, 2007, 14:45
Today I've been working on the functionality I proposed yesterday. The final list of all the things I've changed is:

POIs are now read from map directory and from /PSP/COMMON. The reason for this, is that it allows you to read POIs saved through the PSP browser from http://getroute.nieko.net/ and that these and other POIs in /PSP/COMMON are global, so you can load them in every map you have. (For example, I have a map of the entire Netherlands, and separate maps with more detail for certain towns. I can then use the same POI file everywhere. This also applies to _MY_POIS btw. And yes, I know it does not look too pretty, but it works very well :))

If routes from Google Maps can be downloaded directly in MapThis, then this global access is the only advantage.

_MY_POIS has been renamed to /PSP/COMMON/_#MY_POIS, so it shows up at the top of the list and it is now global. Keeping "_MY_POIS" and changing the sort algorithm was too much work;

GPS recording, which didn't work with PSP-290, has changed. When you start recording, MapThis writes "!WAYPOINT" to a _#GPS file. This is a POI file, so you can easily see again the road you've taken before. A new point is written every 20 meters. Also, the current speed and time (GMT) are registered;

The screen will not turn off automatically when adapter is plugged in (or better, the screen brightness won't change, so it can also just stay off). This only works when viewing maps (not in any menu);

POI entries where the second line starts with "MIDPOINT" are totally ignored;

Icons in POI files are first read from map folder, if not found there, then system/icons/ is checked. This allows the user to choose if he wants this customization or fewer files;

It's now possible in http://getroute.nieko.net/ to swap the input fields, so it's easier to create the road back home.

Deniska: as said in my last post, if you find anything useful, feel free to use it, and tell me if anything still needs tweaking/changing. I have not been able to test this functionality on anything but PSP-290 unfortunately. In the attachment is the code, search for "// Nieko" and "// /Nieko" for changes I've made. This code is based on MapThis 0.497.

I haven't implemented this, and I'm not sure I will get to it later either:

Only do initPath() after first !WAYPOINT in file, not after last one. In practice, it looks nicer to only have that red line for the last segment you have recorded with the new GPS recording;

Change http://getroute.nieko.net/ to include several routes at once ("Add destination"). Using the swap button now available, instead you can easily create several routes, which together do the same thing.

v14d4m1r
July 16th, 2007, 16:34
Today I've been working on the functionality I proposed yesterday. The final list of all the things I've changed is:

POIs are now read from map directory and from /PSP/COMMON. The reason for this, is that it allows you to read POIs saved through the PSP browser from http://getroute.nieko.net/ and that these and other POIs in /PSP/COMMON are global, so you can load them in every map you have. (For example, I have a map of the entire Netherlands, and separate maps with more detail for certain towns. I can then use the same POI file everywhere. This also applies to _MY_POIS btw. And yes, I know it does not look too pretty, but it works very well :))

If routes from Google Maps can be downloaded directly in MapThis, then this global access is the only advantage.

_MY_POIS has been renamed to /PSP/COMMON/_#MY_POIS, so it shows up at the top of the list and it is now global. Keeping "_MY_POIS" and changing the sort algorithm was too much work;

GPS recording, which didn't work with PSP-290, has changed. When you start recording, MapThis writes "!WAYPOINT" to a _#GPS file. This is a POI file, so you can easily see again the road you've taken before. A new point is written every 20 meters. Also, the current speed and time (GMT) are registered;

The screen will not turn off automatically when adapter is plugged in (or better, the screen brightness won't change, so it can also just stay off). This only works when viewing maps (not in any menu);

POI entries where the second line starts with "MIDPOINT" are totally ignored;

Icons in POI files are first read from map folder, if not found there, then system/icons/ is checked. This allows the user to choose if he wants this customization or fewer files;

It's now possible in http://getroute.nieko.net/ to swap the input fields, so it's easier to create the road back home.

Deniska: as said in my last post, if you find anything useful, feel free to use it, and tell me if anything still needs tweaking/changing. I have not been able to test this functionality on anything but PSP-290 unfortunately. In the attachment is the code, search for "// Nieko" and "// /Nieko" for changes I've made. This code is based on MapThis 0.497.

I haven't implemented this, and I'm not sure I will get to it later either:

Only do initPath() after first !WAYPOINT in file, not after last one. In practice, it looks nicer to only have that red line for the last segment you have recorded with the new GPS recording;

Change http://getroute.nieko.net/ to include several routes at once ("Add destination"). Using the swap button now available, instead you can easily create several routes, which together do the same thing.

Wait, how can I make it so that it works for other GPS devices (Holux M1000 in my case)?

Nieko
July 16th, 2007, 18:33
Well, you could try commenting out the PSP-290 directives in the makefile, and uncommenting the generic directives. Perhaps you also have to apply the kploitx thingy, but I'm not sure about that.

Codaz
July 16th, 2007, 20:54
Nieko, GREAT online features.
But how to find a route from WITHIN Mapthis ?

The PSP-290 (without extension cable) isn't that good in fixing on sattelites, so you mean that i will have to quit Mapthis, open my psp browser, go to the site, make the route and download it. Then open Mapthis again, wait 5+ minutes for fixing onto sattelite and then ride the route.

Isn't very handy. Deniska said that you have to turn off wifi in order to make Mapthis work. That isn't correct because if i use Irshell with some wifi stuff on the background running, mapthis will normally function. GPS works.

I like the GPS loggin feature VERY much !

Hope that Deniska has time to implement the features from atari800 and Nieko to a new fully blastin' fantastin' version which will blow us away :)

deniska
July 16th, 2007, 20:57
In my script, the "hardest" part is bringing down the number of POIs to 400. However, if the POI file can be automatically reread in MapThis when approaching the last of the 400 POI files, this entire part can be dropped.

I think that 400 point rule was dropped some time ago..
Currently, mapthis is supposed to read 400 closest pois/waypoints every 10 minutes, which should be suffecient enough even for a very curvy road..

Nieko
July 17th, 2007, 09:38
Nieko, GREAT online features.
But how to find a route from WITHIN Mapthis ?

This is not supported yet, unfortunately. My boss is currently finding out if the proxy site I have now is legal. If so, then MapThis can have a simple interface linking to this site. If not, then this functionality will have to be built into MapThis itself.

Either way, the first step is there, the need for a PC is gone. Some day, the other functionality will also be there, but not just yet :)

The PSP-290 (without extension cable) isn't that good in fixing on sattelites, so you mean that i will have to quit Mapthis, open my psp browser, go to the site, make the route and download it. Then open Mapthis again, wait 5+ minutes for fixing onto sattelite and then ride the route. Isn't very handy.

Well, true, for now. Other than that, I find that if I had a fix, exit, open MapThis again, I will get another fix a lot more quickly (1-2 minutes max.).

Deniska said that you have to turn off wifi in order to make Mapthis work.

Where did you find this? MapThis also supports a WiFi map upload, so indeed, I think that's incorrect as well :) (Although, I couldn't get the WiFi thing to work...)

In my script, the "hardest" part is bringing down the number of POIs to 400. However, if the POI file can be automatically reread in MapThis when approaching the last of the 400 POI files, this entire part can be dropped.
I think that 400 point rule was dropped some time ago..
Currently, mapthis is supposed to read 400 closest pois/waypoints every 10 minutes, which should be suffecient enough even for a very curvy road..

Ah good :) In that case, it would be a lot easier to port my PHP code to MapThis.

But for now, I'm leaving for holidays, and I'll be back in a month :) Bye everyone!

deniska
July 24th, 2007, 21:57
here is my first attempt at 3D mode..
Unfortunatelly it works a bit shacky at some rotation angles...
Could someone with better knowledge of GU stuff take a look at attached graphics.c file (void rotate512img(Image* img, double angle) ) and correct the function above?

thanks in advance... :-)

califrag
July 24th, 2007, 22:58
Wow absolutely amazing Deniska thank you so much for implementing the 3D view. It looks GREAT! I am anxiously awaiting the next release of mapThis!

just curious, i have no idea about using the gu, but can you just rotate the camera view instead of rotating the image? I am wondering if that might be more efficient?

atari800
July 25th, 2007, 15:26
yeah - way cool!!!!
Do you have a picture with a hybrid map?

deniska
July 31st, 2007, 05:31
I figured out the problem with 3d mode and also added inverted (night) mode for better viewing during dark hours...
Below are inverted google map, regular VE sat map and inverted VE map..
(sat imagery from VE seems a bit blurry, but I had problems with google sat images today....)

steve520
July 31st, 2007, 05:34
looks good deniska good work.

Russoxley187
July 31st, 2007, 10:27
Damn,
That looks great...
Can't wait until you release the new version...

Codaz
July 31st, 2007, 11:14
GREAT, is this coming in the new 0.5 version ?

Ehh, i like the normal view also, can we choose ?

PDG
July 31st, 2007, 15:39
Great work guys :)
Although i have some problem finding all neccecary files for downloading so i can get my PSP running Custom FW 3.53 m33-2 with the GPS module PSP-290 here in sunny Sweden :)

I would be very happy if some kind person helps me and maby posts some links and howto get it all running ;)

Im currently discussing this on a very huge Swedish forum aswell and im the first one there that got the PSP-290 GPS module and everyone is exited about my progress *Smile*

Cheers
/PDG

Actionshot of my PSP-290 on my Custom Fw 3.52 M33-2
http://www.vampire.se/misc/psp/psp-290.jpg

Codaz
July 31st, 2007, 17:55
PDG could you send me the 3.52 prx files from flash0, i tried to decrypt em but it failed.

Hollux
August 1st, 2007, 00:01
I have the same problem as PDG :/

Would be nice if someone could help us, coz i´am very sure this would help alot of others too.

Cheers and keep up the good work Deniska!

Btw PDG; Vilket forum i Sverige? [SWEDISH]

deniska
August 1st, 2007, 03:34
GREAT, is this coming in the new 0.5 version ?

Ehh, i like the normal view also, can we choose ?
yes, it's coming with 0.5 and yes you can chose between 3D, north up and track up modes.

PDG
August 1st, 2007, 09:08
PDG could you send me the 3.52 prx files from flash0, i tried to decrypt em but it failed.

Shure ;)
Give me a hint on what to do and how to do it because i never ****ed with my flash because i am pleased with my PSP running as it is :D

Im running 3.52 M33-2 right now on one of my PSP´s and 3.03 OE-C on my second my girlfriend hogged :p

So just tell me how to do and wich version you want me to extract files from :thumbup:

PDG
August 1st, 2007, 09:12
I have the same problem as PDG :/

Would be nice if someone could help us, coz i´am very sure this would help alot of others too.

Cheers and keep up the good work Deniska!

Btw PDG; Vilket forum i Sverige? [SWEDISH]

Yeah, the firmwares really updates fast and with the M33 team it gets custom real quick too :)

as a have mentioned before i have two PSPs one running 3.52 M33-2 and a girlfriend one :p running 3.03 OE-C.

I didn't upgrade her 3.03 OE-C because i got yelled at *Lol*

Hollux: The Swe forum is PSXCares located at: http://forum.psxcare.com/support i used to work there ;)
Nick: Pendragon

Codaz
August 1st, 2007, 15:26
Here PDG, this is from the 3.51 topic:

How to get the PRXs from flash0 in Recovery Mode.
1. Connect PSP to PC whit USB.
2. Boot your PSP into recovery mode by fully turning it off, and then turn it back on while holding the "R" button.
3. Select "Advanced" in "Main menu".
4. Select "Toggle USB (flash0)".
5. Now you can see the files in flash0 on your PC. Find the PRXs and copy them to the PC. Don't do anything else whit flash0, I belief it can brick your PSP.

Could you send em to me via PM ?

maiklof
August 8th, 2007, 22:40
Hi!
I´ve used diferent MapThis versions and I think that Deniskas and all of his friends work is great! I´m a developer and I think that you are doing a great job! I´ve not read all the reports, but I think that now Mapthis only needs the navegation software, because the GPS interface is very nice, but is necesary to use Googelmaps to generate the POIs of a trip.
Deniska, have you try to convert or use the code of an opensource navegation software to add it to Mapthis? For example RoadNav? Are you working in that?
Thanks!

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 01:31
I've looked at Rodnav's code but did not attempt to port it yet... it did not look too simple for "no-effort" port so it got shifted down the priorities list.
Besides, Roadnav seems to do silly things with oneway roads, since there is not directional data in Tiger (according to the author)..

I was actually considering making routing logic based on google tile imagery - in theory you can detect and "follow" the roads by analysing colors of the tile pixels.. so with some smart forking and recursions it's possible to get the shortest route, detect road splits, merges, etc...

If you think you are up to the task - feel free to grab the code and attempt at either one approach..

MIB.42
August 9th, 2007, 05:21
I've looked at Rodnav's code but did not attempt to port it yet... it did not look too simple for "no-effort" port so it got shifted down the priorities list.
Besides, Roadnav seems to do silly things with oneway roads, since there is not directional data in Tiger (according to the author)..

I was actually considering making routing logic based on google tile imagery - in theory you can detect and "follow" the roads by analysing colors of the tile pixels.. so with some smart forking and recursions it's possible to get the shortest route, detect road splits, merges, etc...

If you think you are up to the task - feel free to grab the code and attempt at either one approach..

:) That's exactly what I experimented with a bit. Now, that I color-reduce the images, I have a better tracking on streets. There are occasional problems with the streetnames going from edge-to-edge, but would be solvable... The blue "one-way" indicator arrows can also be detected... Nevertheless, it's not 100% accurate...
... and only works for the png map images...

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 05:51
One of the requirements would be having a google png map at certain level (for instance level1)
At this level you grab a square of 9 or 25 points and analyze the colors (if you have majority of those pixels set to white, blue, yellow, black - you are on a road.. next you take a step in any direction and check again - if the sum of good pixels drop - you are going off road.
Of course, actual route calculation is much more complex when just sticking to any road, but that's a start ;-)

Codaz
August 9th, 2007, 15:02
Can't there be an overlay or something ?

atari800
August 9th, 2007, 22:53
Deniska
Cool video of .50

Does the POI's stand up or lay flat in 3d mode?

/|\tari

PS - almost got enough for new PSP - hopefully the new one can be made "home-brewable"

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 23:08
they lay in 3d mode

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 23:17
This is just for devs to test out and patch bugs..
Please do not distribute the binaries just yet...

If someone knows how to fix WIFI connection init thingie in psp-290 map download code - please let me know..

nikkinguyen
August 10th, 2007, 02:37
Can users get to the binaries? I am sure that there is a lot of supporters here that can help you fully test your code. Consider us as your QA Engineers. thanks.

Codaz
August 10th, 2007, 02:44
Second that. More testers to the team plz :)

Also, provided with this (pre)source, i'm working onto new sounds Deniska !

The ones you provided are very quiet. See my other topic for that.

The source looks very good. I like the new configfile.

mfivnismo
August 13th, 2007, 17:21
Hi, I'm using 3.4OE-A with 3.4 prx files & mapthis 0.497. Also Kernel 3.4.

How come MAPTHIS crashed after showing the following msg which I think its working

Starting GPS Driver - OK
OPENING usb gps device - OK

Can someone help me.. because I have spend 3 days to fix this device. Kind of impatient to see its working properly.

Thanks in advance.

PDG
August 13th, 2007, 18:16
Hi, I'm using 3.4OE-A with 3.4 prx files & mapthis 0.497. Also Kernel 3.4.

How come MAPTHIS crashed after showing the following msg which I think its working

Starting GPS Driver - OK
OPENING usb gps device - OK

Can someone help me.. because I have spend 3 days to fix this device. Kind of impatient to see its working properly.

Thanks in advance.

Could be due to faulty .prx files *Extract your own.
And some plugins that has to be disabled *Popstation etc.

Try that and set the PSP to Kernel 1.50

derget
August 15th, 2007, 12:10
Hallo Deniska,

thanks for the pre 0.5 src

in config.txt timezone is missing

in makefile some renaming needs to be for compiling under linux
PIC1.PNG ==> PIC1.png
ICON0.PNG ==> ICON0.png
ICON00.PNG ==> ICON00.png

3d map mode works fine
sometime the switch to nightmode does not work
but changing zoom level helps then

i added support to re init the serial port

sometimes my cable gets out of the connector (i am using the psp on my bicycle) and then only restarting mapthis helps

now you can reset the serial port by pressing CROSS when in GPS Information Menu

second:

i added different naming support for the gps.txt file
so that it is not overwritten everytime when gps recording is startet again

now the filename uses date and time for naming

thats good for me, but for the fakefeed mode it sucks, cause you need now a filebrowser for this ...

here is my patch against pre_0.5

http://noernet.de/psp/mapthis_pre_0.5_derget.patch

greets

derget

Codaz
August 15th, 2007, 15:41
GREAT derget ! Deniska can do some things with this !

Can anybody make a patch that fixes the map_pref.txt corruption.

Everytime when i exit mapthis and restart it later on, my map fails to load because of a corrupted map_pref.txt. I have to manually delete it then using IRShell. Very Annoying.

Only happens on maps larger than say 250 mb.

deniska
August 15th, 2007, 16:48
codaz,

You may want to reformat your memory stick to fix that...

derget, which gps unit do you use? I never had problems while unpluging the receiver..

Codaz
August 15th, 2007, 18:12
And set it to FAT32 ? I'll loose the map structure then :(

Codaz
August 15th, 2007, 18:13
Interesting, i can't see the serial port of the Holux either.

ejv21
August 16th, 2007, 09:50
how long till new release? :))))) I CANT WAIT NE LONGER!@!%@ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

derget
August 16th, 2007, 19:54
deniska:

i have the HOLUX GPSlim 236

when i plug out the serial cable then the gps connection goes to off

and after plugging in it does not come back

a power on/off of the holux does not help eather

only restarting mapthis, ore reinit the serial in mapthis helps

dreetje9
August 16th, 2007, 21:54
deniska:

i have the HOLUX GPSlim 236

when i plug out the serial cable then the gps connection goes to off

and after plugging in it does not come back

a power on/off of the holux does not help eather

only restarting mapthis, ore reinit the serial in mapthis helps

Same here, not a big problem.

Just restart Mapthis.

As long as you'll keep the Holux GPSlim 236 on, it 'll fix within seconds.

dashizna
August 21st, 2007, 03:08
Ok i read this whole post and i still don't have any idea on how to install this GPS 290 and get it to work. I just updated the PSP to version 3.52 and i am ready to get this GPS working can someone email me at [email protected] or PM me and get me started on this thanks

deniska
August 21st, 2007, 04:34
Ok i read this whole post and i still don't have any idea on how to install this GPS 290 and get it to work. I just updated the PSP to version 3.52 and i am ready to get this GPS working can someone email me at [email protected] or PM me and get me started on this thanks
This is a development thread - and you are not contributing anything..
posting in the wrong threads will get you banned..
why don't you start with a README file attached to a distribution?

PDG
August 21st, 2007, 09:03

Shame on you for missing my tutorials that ive even added to my signature :D

On the page just before this i made a post so you must have missed it while dozing off ;)

But congrats, now you have an answer and another signature below this text :thumbup:

Nieko
September 11th, 2007, 17:28
Hi all :)

Now that MapThis 0.501 has come out, I have also made some changes (old and new) to this version.

This changelog lists changes made to the official MapThis, version 0.501.

No more need for PRX files! These are loaded automatically from the firmware;
Changed GPS recording:

Program now records to a POI file instead of recording raw data;
POI file can be opened through POI Lookup function;
POI file is named using timestamp and is placed in /PSP/COMMON (make sure you have a fix, otherwise timestamp may be all zeroes);
Recording takes place every 20 meters and 5 seconds (both must have happened);
Trail can be seen on the map when user turns marker on.

Program ignores MIDPOINT POIs: don't show message plate;
It reads _MY_POIS from /PSP/COMMON instead of per map;
The screen doesn't change brightness when adapter is plugged in (only when viewing map);
In all lists, left and right shoulder button moves the cursor 10 places back or forth;
In nightmode, "REC: ON", shown during recording, is now green;
Proximity to POI is now really always in pixels, not relative to pixels at zoom level 1:

POIs are thus seen earlier if you simply zoom out;
It's not possible to simply multiply WARNINGDISTANCE by speed, because the actual distance on the map WARNINGDISTANCE represents differs if you have different maps with different base zoom levels;
It's also not possible to calculate distance using real distance instead of pixels, this was too CPU intensive (or at least I couldn't get it to work :P).

Autozoom makes MapThis zoom in or out depending on your speed:

In the configfile, the AUTOZOOM directive indicates per how many km/h or mi/h (depends on speedfix) MapThis should zoom in or out. If this directive is missing in the configfile or is set to 0, then autozooming does not happen;
The directive AUTOZOOMENABLED indicates whether autozoom should be enabled on startup. You can toggle this setting with R + L trigger;
The directive AUTOZOOMHYSTERESIS (from GoDE) indicates how many km/h or mi/h extra/less you have to drive before autozoom happens;
In combination with my change to have WARNINGDISTANCE really work on a pixel basis, this can be handy to see waypoints earlier on the freeway :).

Second line in POI can now be 90 characters;
Support for _DEFAULT POI file, which loads at startup:

Put this file in /PSP/COMMON to load it for every map;
Put it in a map folder for specific folders only.

Fixed speedlimit to take speedfix into account;
Removed all the beeps everywhere;
Do not show _MY_POIS when loading another POI file.

The changed files are: attractions.c, attractions.h, font.c, font.h, main.c, ICON00.PNG, makefile, config.txt

My version can be found at:
http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0501%20-%20Nieko.zip

Because I only have a PSP-290, I have not tested if any of this functionality works for generic GPS devices.

Nieko
September 11th, 2007, 17:36
Btw., through a bug it is possible to record a manual trail to /PSP/COMMON/_TRAIL_00000000000000. Take the following steps:

Move the cursor to your starting point;
Turn on marker to see what's going on;
Turn on GPS mode without GPS attached (so it doesn't move the cursor);
Turn GPS recording on;
Move the cursor to the next point;
Turn on GPS mode again, a red line will be drawn;
Like in normal GPS recording, you need to wait 5 seconds and move at least 20 meters.
Keep repeating these last two points until you're done or bored :);
Turn recording off;
If you want, you can move the cursor to turn GPS mode off;
The trail can now be found in /PSP/COMMON/_TRAIL_00000000000000;
Previous trails are kept, but will not be connected (no red line);

Because this may be useful to some people, I would like to call this a feature instead of a bug :P

Codaz
September 12th, 2007, 13:23
Great functionality Nieko !

But what do you mean with you removed all the beeps ?

And that screen brightness changing is also a bit weird.

Nieko
September 12th, 2007, 14:04
Codaz: in MapThis 0.5+, every time you press a button you hear a beep through the speakers. I found this really annoying (it also slows down scrolling in lists e.g.), so I removed all those beeps.

About screen brightness, when I'm driving around, adapter plugged in, I don't want the screen to turn off automatically. I know you can set this behavior in the firmware itself too, but I only want it in MapThis, not in other programs, so that's why I built it in :)

I agree most users will probably not want to use all changes I've made, so anyone can feel free to remove those changes that they don't like from the source, and compile it themselves. You can find the changes I've made by simply looking for 'Nieko' in the source files.

Codaz
September 12th, 2007, 17:57
Can you make an option to dissable the screen-off function ? E.G. in Config ?

And you mean the beep in menus ? You can easily remove that by removing the beep.mp3 file or replace it with dummy data.

sleekyboy24
September 13th, 2007, 03:53
@Nieko
Thanks for your version.. especially the gps recording... thanks for sharing:)

specialist83
September 13th, 2007, 09:34
was thinking if this can be made - an extra option in config.txt to configure the Show/Hide Panels, as in for example PANEL=1 will automatically hide the panels whenever mapThis is loaded, and 0 for default...

cos everytime when i use mapThis i'll always hide the panels in order to get a larger screen...so tot that this may be useful for some other users like me who likes a larger visible screen of the map...

Nieko
September 13th, 2007, 10:26
Can you make an option to dissable the screen-off function ? E.G. in Config ?
In principle I could make options in config for every addition I make, but I think this would make the config way too bloated.

Just like the official version, if you want different functionality, you can take the source and compile it yourself, keeping those changes you like :).

Other than that, it's not a "screen-off function", it's a "stay on this brightness and don't turn off automatically" function. You can still have the screen turn off by holding the brightness button.

About the beeps, true, you could just blank the beep.mp3, but still it's some overhead, and I just felt like removing all the beeps :P

cydus21
September 13th, 2007, 12:43
hi all.. issit possble to receive signals from the remote control? i've read http://mc.pp.se/psp/phones.xhtml but i dun really understand how i can put it into code. basically i want mapthis! to regconize signals like play, fast forward and reverse.

Nieko
September 13th, 2007, 13:29
cydus21: http://psp.jim.sh/pspsdk-doc/psphprm_8h.html should get you a long way :)

You'll see that the values of the enumeration on that page are the same as at the bottom of the page you showed.

cydus21
September 13th, 2007, 13:44
alright thanks! i'm trying to zoom using forward and back buttons. LOL hope it works!

Nieko
September 13th, 2007, 13:50
I have made one more change in the version I put online yesterday, namely autozoom :).

I know a few others have also implemented this, but mine works a bit differently.

In the configfile, you can specify per how many km/h or mi/h you want MapThis to zoom in or out. If this directive is missing in the configfile or is set to 0, then autozooming does not happen.

In combination with my earlier change to have WARNINGDISTANCE really work on a pixel basis, this can be handy to see waypoints earlier on the freeway :).

Btw., it has a margin of 4km/h before zooming in or out, so it doesn't keep zooming in or out when your speed changes only slightly.

cydus21
September 13th, 2007, 14:40
Hi neiko,

hope u can help me with this.. i've coded the remote stuff and i can compile it but when i load it in psp, the screen turns blank after it says load map. any idea why?

heres my code:
if (sceHprmIsRemoteExist()) {
err = sceHprmPeekCurrentKey(&key);
if (key == PSP_HPRM_FORWARD) {
if (zm<TILE_NUM/2) {
beep();
zoom++;
zm = powerOf(zoom-1);
mysleep(150000);
}
} else if (key == PSP_HPRM_BACK) {
if (zoom>1) {
beep();
zoom--;
zm = powerOf(zoom-1);
mysleep(150000);
}
}
}

i'm on 3.52 M33 firmware by the way

thanks!

Nieko
September 13th, 2007, 15:57
Why do people keep calling me Neiko? I'm Nieko :).

Anyway, yay, got it to work :D. In the attachment, search for 'support for remote', and you will find the code snippets that do the trick.

Btw., note that I test if a key is pressed using '&', not '=='. If you use '==', then it won't work if you also press another key.

cydus21
September 13th, 2007, 16:08
oppss.. sorry bout the name! i've figure out mine too.. forgotten to add in -lpsphprm in makefile. anyway did u test it with GPS? cause i believe the GPS has taken the data wire and thus no signal can pass thru? thanks anyway

Nieko
September 13th, 2007, 16:35
I've got a PSP-290, which uses the USB port. So for me, it works just fine :).

cydus21
September 15th, 2007, 08:27
hmmm manage to compile it but not working.. guess the function use btw generic and 290 to power the serial port is different..

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:37
is there any chances that mapthis can work with the new 3.60 M33?

Codaz
September 16th, 2007, 17:00
It DOES already work. Load the Holux eboot with Eloader 1.0 and the PSP-290 eboot can run as normal on Custom Firmware 3.60 M33.

nikkinguyen
September 17th, 2007, 01:18
I stand corrected. I had mapthis in GAME360 and I should have it GAME150. thanks.

guy359x
September 19th, 2007, 04:02
Hi, I bought a GPS Receiver and I would like to know if somebody know if it will work with the 3.52 version on my Psp.

Thnaks

GoDE
September 19th, 2007, 09:01
Hi, I bought a GPS Receiver and I would like to know if somebody know if it will work with the 3.52 version on my Psp.

Thnaks

Which Receiver and 3.52 OE or Orignial Sony ??

Nieko
September 19th, 2007, 10:22
As deniska said earlier, this is a development thread. If you're not contributing to the MapThis code, please post your messages in another thread.

kliacn1254
September 22nd, 2007, 22:46
thanks

GoDE
September 23rd, 2007, 20:28
Hi,
i added a few lines for me to have the same display functionality like Nieko added for the poweradapter (scepowertick) for the battery mode (for short trips or test drives).
You can switch the "full power" mode on or off by pressing R+L Trigger at the same time (without X) in Map mode.
I also added an new variable AUTOZOOMHYSTERESE to the config.txt and implement this to the autozoomcode from Nieko to have the possibilty to change this value without new compiling (not tested yet).
The AUTOZOOMHYSTERESE variable is preseted with 4 if there is no entry in the config.txt.

Search for ... to find my changes.
------------------
int displaypowermode=0;
int autozoomhysterese=4;
------------------
if (strncmp(line,"AUTOZOOMHYSTERESE=",18)==0) {
autozoomhysterese=atoi(&line[18]);
}
------------------
if ((displaypowermode==1) || (scePowerIsPowerOnline() > 0))
{ scePowerTick(0); }
------------------
// GoDE Displaypowermode to change with PSP_CTRL_LTRIGGER and PSP_CTRL_RTRIGGER
if ((cpad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_LTRIGGER) && (cpad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_RTRIGGER) && !(cpad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_CROSS) && timer>10/(333/Clock))
{
displaypowermode++; //more modes possible
if (displaypowermode>1)
{
displaypowermode=0;
}
switch (displaypowermode)
{
case 0:
display_message("DISPLAYPOWERMODE","","PSP SETTINGS OR POWERADAPTER",1200);
break;
case 1:
display_message("DISPLAYPOWERMODE","","FULL ON",1000);
break;
}
// MIB.42_5 Special for recording thread statuses
if ((cpad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_LTRIGGER) && (cpad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_RTRIGGER) && (cpad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_CROSS) && timer>10/(333/Clock))
------------------
if (speed*speedfix - (curautozoom + autozoomhysterese/1.8523*speedfix) > autozoom) {
if (zm<TILE_NUM/2) {
curautozoom += autozoom;
zoom++;
zm = powerOf(zoom-1);
mysleep(300000);
}
}
if (speed*speedfix < curautozoom - autozoomhysterese/1.8523*speedfix) {
------------------

Attached my main.c (changed 5.01 from Nieko) and my eboot for generic

GoDE (PSP 3.52#4 M33 & Holux M1000)

MAPTHIS=BEST PSP Outdoor Software :thumbup:

Codaz
September 23rd, 2007, 23:08
Nice, more and more contributions to Deniska :)

Nieko
October 1st, 2007, 14:37
I also added an new variable AUTOZOOMHYSTERESE to the config.txt and implement this to the autozoomcode from Nieko to have the possibilty to change this value without new compiling (not tested yet).
The AUTOZOOMHYSTERESE variable is preseted with 4 if there is no entry in the config.txt.

Good idea :). I've changed my version to include this variable. All the changes are:

Included AUTOZOOMHYSTERESIS config directive;
Included AUTOZOOMENABLED config directive (1 to enable on startup, 0 to disable);
R+L trigger toggles autozoomenabled;

See my original post for the EBOOT (PSP-290)+source code: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=37#368

Chico123
October 3rd, 2007, 15:18
Cool app...

DrunphO
October 4th, 2007, 06:11
Good idea :). I've changed my version to include this variable. All the changes are:

Included AUTOZOOMHYSTERESIS config directive;
Included AUTOZOOMENABLED config directive (1 to enable on startup, 0 to disable);
R+L trigger toggles autozoomenabled;

See my original post for the EBOOT (PSP-290)+source code: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=37#368

Good! Good! Good!
but... can you compile it to generic gps device?
it will be great if u can! :thumbup:

thanks u all!!! :)

I Love MapThis!!!

Nieko
October 4th, 2007, 10:30
I tried, but I can't get it to work, neither my version nor the official one.

I can compile it, but when I start the EBOOT there's a black screen with some red lines (the same red lines I got when a geodata search took too long) and then it goes back to XMB...

DrunphO
October 4th, 2007, 17:04
:( i'd love to tried that one!

...maybe GoDE can! ;) i try the one he share, but i can't see autozoom work... :(

i'd love too to see another autozoom feature, not based on the speed, but to always see the next direction (i hope u can understand what i mean), but i don't know how to do it... :(

...i have much ideas to improve MapThis! the layout, the scrooling, the button assignments and other stuff (some include changes in GMDL too), so many that i'm thinking about learnig psp language coding (i know just i little bit of c and vb)

Keep up the good work!

Nieko
October 4th, 2007, 18:52
GoDE: if you can tell me how you compiled it, I can try it out :). I'm using the latest PSPSDK and toolchain from SVN under Linux.

DrunphO: if you have good ideas, you could talk to deniska about them :). If he thinks they're good too, they might end up in the official version.

Codaz
October 6th, 2007, 03:57
The makefile is different for the Generic version ?

Nieko
October 6th, 2007, 09:22
Codaz: yes, because PSP-290 version has to be compiled for FW3+, generic (Holux etc.) version for FW1.5. Also, the generic version needs access to library for serial port, etc..

DrunphO
October 7th, 2007, 19:09
thanks Nieko for the motivation, but with my poor english i think i will not explain my ideais in a proper way ...and i'd love to contribute with some code :)

i will get some time (i hope) to look at the code... maybe i can understand it and try to change it, than i will share it here for your apreciation... and maybe you all, including Deniska, will like it ;)

Airwave
October 8th, 2007, 14:10
Hey mapthis coder;) i`m a happy mapthis user and i think it´s the best application for psp in this time.But i know thats the coder thread.My suggestion will be a possibility to implement a hookupfunktion in the poifilemenue.I think thats a usefull function.So you can choose which poifile mapthis show you.Sometimes i need two files together.Or in another time i need another poifile together.For example one time gasstations and redlight(camera) or other mcdonalds and banks or so.I hope you know what i mean ;).

I hope its possible.Thanks all.

deniska
October 9th, 2007, 00:03
Sometimes i need two files together.Or in another time i need another poifile together.For example one time gasstations and redlight(camera) or other mcdonalds and banks or so.I hope you know what i mean ;).

I hope its possible.Thanks all.

Why not just concatenate them in one file?
You can have up to 10 different icons (poi types) per file

fak3
October 9th, 2007, 14:27
the problem is for large files.. i concatenated 3 type of poi in one file that's 1 mb or something and mapthis always froze when i try to load it

deniska
October 9th, 2007, 14:59
There is probably an error in your POI file (check format; make sure that all icons are present; etc..)
I have a few 2+MB files which seem to load ok for me

GoDE
October 10th, 2007, 11:32
GoDE: if you can tell me how you compiled it, I can try it out :). I'm using the latest PSPSDK and toolchain from SVN under Linux.

In the moment i am working with Cygwin under Windows.
I only change the makefile to Generic and compile it.
I also have toolchain from the SVN.
I think there will (hopefully) no difference between real linux and cygwin.

Here is the compiled GENERIC version from Nieko's package !
See :http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=513488&postcount=368
You have to copy this eboot to his Niekos package which is copied before to the original 5.01 MapThis :-)

GoDE

/* Edit */
Have tested and works for me (Autozoom not tested).
Add the following example lines to your config (if not is alo no problem)
AUTOZOOMHYSTERESIS=4
AUTOZOOMENABLED=0

fxpsp
October 11th, 2007, 06:01
Hi

First of all big thank you til Deniska and the other code contributors for the excellent MapThis application.
I use Mapthis on a daily basis together with PSP-290 (with cable) and find it just awesome.

Anyway since I also like to listen to my music while driving (via a FM transmitter to my carstereo), I really missed the possibility to play music in MapThis.
I know there is a collection of excellent CFW plugins to play music in games and homebrew, but they all have an ackward key setup/logic. Which is really hard to use when driving (don't really want to crash my car :-) ).

So I've took the opportunity to add a MP3 Mode to Mapthis. Allowing my to press "Circle" while in normal modus and enter a MP3 Mode within MapThis and "remap" some of the buttons to a mp3 player (allowing me to single press for play,pause, next song etc...).

This MP3 mod has the following key configuration:
- CIRCLE: to enter MP3 mode (when in normal MapThis mode, also exits from MP3 mode back to normal mode. It will keep playing in "normal mode", but with no "mp3 bar" at the bottom. But the song info message will show upon song changes)

- CROSS: play/pause
- SQUARE: stop
- TRIANGLE: random mode (this one is buggy now, bad random code)
- LTRIGGER: previous song
- RTRIGGER: next song

The MP3 Mode just scans your ms0:/MUSIC dir and creates a playlist of all the mp3 files found and then per default plays them sequential.

It will show album art picture if it can find a "folder.png" in the mp3 folder. This feature is a bit buggy and it only supports file named "folder.png" and if the picture is bigger than 90x90 it will "crop" it.

However MP3 mode seems to be working pretty fine and Mapthis seems to be able to handle both background play of music and GPS navigating.
So I like to share the code with you and hopefully you will find it useful as well. Maybe I also get some feedback allowing me to improve it.

For the developers, I've added two new files:
- carStereo: handles the basic mp3 playback via mp3player.c
- id3: simple mp3 file ID3 tag reader from "sakya". (I found the source over at pspdev forums).
- I've change the mp3player.c a bit and main.c, however I added comments for every change I made (look for FxSlin)
- I'm not a C developer and I havn't programmed C programs since school days. Which you folks probably also will see
in the code and e.g. how I been struggling with "char and string logic". So any suggestions/corrections is more than welcome.
(I'm a Perl,PHP, Java, Javascript developer, in case you wonder).
- I'm also a bit worried with the mp3 threading thing, I need to look into that to see if I can improve the that (make it lighter).

I've only tested it with "3.52 M33-4" firmware (fat psp) and I still need to test it properly with my PSP-290.

TODO:
- actually test it with PSP-290 in a car.
- improve the code.
- improve the random song selector.
- improve the playlist generator part (this one is not good)
- improve threading part
- improve album art logic
- create better separation from mapthis code, making it easier to integrate with different version of mapthis.
- all stupid bugs I might find.

Disclaimer:
I'm releasing this "mod" under the same license as MapThis (if possible).
And I will not take any responsibility for what this "mod" might do to you PSP (sorry, had to say it).

Credits:
- Deniska
- MIB.42 for the mp3player (All I needed todo was to create the GUI, thx to this)
- All the other code contributors to MapThis
- All the developers who released the source for their PSP homebrew
(allowing me to peek and perform "quick copy and edit" of code and learn a bit)
- The developers of PSPSDK and the members over at ps2dev (psp) for posting so much code to learn of.

I've added a few screenshots:
http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen1.png
http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen2.png
http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen3.png
http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen4.png
http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen5.png
http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen6.png

Sorry for my english and hopefully this post makes sense to you :-)

EDIT:
Did some testing with PSP-290 in the car, its working (found heaps of bugs tough). But it seems a bit sluggish, mapThis didn't run well on 110Mhz. Think I'll be looking into using the psp hardware to play the music.

Cheers
FxSlin (alias fxpsp)

Airwave
October 11th, 2007, 10:46

Right Deniska thats the easier solution ;).But i use mapthis very often. I´m not lazy ;) but thats could be save time when i load a new directionroute and my watch is tic tac.:D

Another chance are for In7ane when is possible to take some kind of function in GMDL. Generate your routes with your wished pois.
Makes easier and easier.My opinion.

mapthis go forward! mapthis go future!:thumbup:

GoDE
October 11th, 2007, 20:18
:thumbup: Congratulations fxpsp,
good idea to implement mp3 directly.

I have compiled it for GENERIC and test a little bit.
When you switch between the zoom levels the audio has a little break, not so good for implementing autozoom later.
When you press "Select" to close MapThis from the map selection and audio is running, my PSP (3.52#4 M33) is going down completely.
Better to stop play mode before closeing MapThis.
When you are in Map/MP3 Mode, Play a track (Cross), Stop Playing (Square = "No song playing ..."), switch of MP3 Mode (Circle) and press select to go back to menu the Audio is started again.

GoDE

fxpsp
October 11th, 2007, 21:22
GoDE:
Yeah, I noticed some of those bugs myself :-( I'll be looking into those.

I'm also checking out the possibility to using the psp's ME for hw decoding instead, hopefully allowing the MapThis to get most of the system resources (and lower CPU for longer battery time).

Thx for the feedback, much appreciated!

deniska
October 12th, 2007, 05:29
I'm also checking out the possibility to using the psp's ME for hw decoding instead, hopefully allowing the MapThis to get most of the system resources (and lower CPU for longer battery time).

Thx for the feedback, much appreciated!

It's nice to see that more and more people are playing with the code :-)
hw decoding is definitely the way to go, but so far it seems to work funcky under different firmwares/psp boards...
Modular design may be a way to go: you should be able to load a custom prx (for example mp3 plugin) and just use the methods, defined in it..
(much like those usbacc.prx / usbgps.prx files, used for navigation)
This way people may be able to use mp3 plugin version, that runs on their psp/fw and at the same time use your interface..
Just an idea, but should not be hard to code/test..

fxpsp
October 12th, 2007, 06:31
Modular design may be a way to go: you should be able to load a custom prx (for example mp3 plugin) and just use the methods, defined in it..
(much like those usbacc.prx / usbgps.prx files, used for navigation)
This way people may be able to use mp3 plugin version, that runs on their psp/fw and at the same time use your interface..
Just an idea, but should not be hard to code/test..

I think that it is a good idea and my C is coming all back to me know :-)
So I should be able to create an prx and allow other coders the port that prx to other firmwares. However I better focus getting own code work properly....

I've also replace the software (libmad) mp3 decoder with the a hardware mp3 decoding now. Seems to work pretty well and Mapthis runs as smooth as before :-)

However the hw mp3 player seems to crash at random intervalls, need to sort this out.

Hopefully I can have a new test version out this weekend.

Cheers!

DrunphO
October 12th, 2007, 06:42
wow! MapThis don't stop growing!
every time a come here there are some improvements!

i'll try last GoDe's eboot, thanks for compile it to holux version and thanks to Nieko too.

GoDe: i'll love to try fxpsp version too :D it seems to be nice too, and if you compile all the functions, that willl be greater ;)

Thanks you all and speciay deniska

GoDE
October 12th, 2007, 13:20
GoDe: i'll love to try fxpsp version too :D it seems to be nice too, and if you compile all the functions, that willl be greater ;)

Thanks you all and speciay deniska
I have the compiled version but yesterday i cant' upload it to the server (he looks very busy).
Let me try again.

GoDE

Codaz
October 12th, 2007, 14:41
It would be nice if Mapthis was a bit CPU friendlier. I talked with Nieko on this.

You see, the Nintendo DS GPS program works on that system really fine. The Nintendo DS only has a 67 mhz ARM processor.

Mapthis uses the 333 mhz processor of the psp and it eats it all up.

I've also noticed that there is a bug/feature that the 3d mode of the maps require a LOT of cpu power.

I managed to get Mapthis fullscreen with RemoteJoySDL.

Framerate drops from 30 FPS to only 14 while 3D mode is set.

It would also be nice if Mapthis can record your own voice prompts. A sort of calibration with the Chotto Shot mic or something.

So mapthis says: "What do you want for prompt left ?"
And then you speak: Turn left here.
It records it and saves it in mp3 format (with hardware encoder) as a prompt for mapthis :)

Another feature is that mapthis will still work as usb is engaged.

Now if you have plugged in USBHOSTFS or simple usb 2 pc connection, and you start mapthis it says (on psp-290 version, maybe also on generic) GPS is not working, because USB is now working.

Maybe USB and GPS could work alongside eachother.

Last feature i would suggest is a triptimer and summary. So i can see how many miles i've driven last month, year or so. With a press of a button you can recall a certain drive (see Nieko's example of GPS recording to a trace with POI points).

GoDE
October 12th, 2007, 19:55
I have the compiled version but yesterday i cant' upload it to the server (he looks very busy).
GoDE

Here is it !
You can identify it on the "MP3" in the Game Picture.

GoDE

deniska
October 12th, 2007, 23:22
It would be nice if Mapthis was a bit CPU friendlier. I talked with Nieko on this.

I am actually re-writing most of the blitting routines to be more efficient, so expect much better rendering performance in the next version...
I already re-wrote lines implementation to allow transparency, did rotating POI icons (so they never upside - down). etc..

Codaz
October 13th, 2007, 20:22
Very nice !
Are you implementing that vector map idea in the new version or do you drop it ?

Because Nieko said that vector data can be extracted from the open-source openstreetmap data.

DrunphO
October 14th, 2007, 04:01
Thanks GoDE!!! I will try it!!!

with the other eboot (the last one before this) the autozoom fuction is great! i hope deniska include that in next version ;)
but i missed the power control :(

deniska: that is a very good notice! :thumbup:
the 3d mode is great but... you know ;)

...and it's great too and probably simple to you if you implement an extended zoom for the other modes, specially for north mode, something like 0.5x or 0.75x :D

about the vector thing... i live in europe :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

sin22eze
October 14th, 2007, 04:34
it was great to see neiko implement the left/right shoulder button to jump poi by 10... i was wishing this to come since i have so many poi's for melbourne area, since i only just moved here... and thanks to gode's eboot for generic gps as well.. awesome guys... keep it coming.... but no rush... cos atm i'm so content with mapthis! as it is, i'm jumping for joy everytime i use it to go places... mayb the only thing is mayb fix the icons to a single pic instead of double... i've noticed that everytime it loads a single it crashes.. but using the default icons seems to be fine tho...

cheers guys...

deniska
October 15th, 2007, 14:40
Very nice !
Are you implementing that vector map idea in the new version or do you drop it ?

Because Nieko said that vector data can be extracted from the open-source openstreetmap data.
vector data is still in development.. it is one of the reasons wy I am re-writing the rendering routines...

fxpsp
October 18th, 2007, 08:03
Hi Guys

I've finally managed to get a stable version of mapthis 0501 with hw mp3 player.
Did take some time, however I learned a lot about PSP dev and debugging.

So what has been done?

Replaced the sw mp3player with the hw mp3player
So e.g. all POI sounds is now played via hw mp3 player
The hw mplayer should be working on "1.5fw mode" and 3.xx fw's
I've fixed a bit on the GUI integration with mapthis itself. E.g. should not crash or lock anymore when you enter e.g the "option menu".
For album picture it now takes the first jpg or png it encounters in the current song folder and show its (still noresize etc.)
BTW: is there a de facto naming standard for album/song picture in a folder (except from being integrated in the mp3 file)?

As usual I like to share this with you and maybe get some feed back.
My main task is still to narrow out bugs, then add features.
I've only tested in on my "3.52 M33-4" firmware (fat psp) and I still need to go for a drive with :-)
It also seem to perform quite well in GPS mode and when scrolling/zooming the maps.

http://www.nilsdahl.net/fxslin/screen3.png

Please refer to this post for usage:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=530700&postcount=408

Deniska:
First of all I'm sorry that I added "MP3" to the EBOOT icon, but I needed a way to separate official and "modded" version on the psp :-)

And: sorry for the somewhat messy state of the source code, I'll be "tidying" up a bit a later stage.

GoDE: I've turned of the "beep" when zooming and in "mp3 mode". This should resolve the autozoom feature?

TODO:
- clean code a bit
- PRX ?
- better mp3 ID3 handling
- better album pic handling

Cheers

Russoxley187
October 18th, 2007, 13:24
Does this E-boot work on the Generic GPS also or only the PSP GPS 290?

deniska
October 18th, 2007, 15:47
good stuff

deniska
October 18th, 2007, 16:53
I did some basic testing on the slim and it works with some minor problems..
You should probably check if the MUSIC folder is there or perhaps use more common /PSP/MUSIC

Also, it's probably better to re-use existing graphics for bars and windows (you can just cut or concatenate pieces of it to achieve any size you need.)
- using circle seems to interfere with path drawing function
the mp3 mode is a bit confusing (at least in the begining). I kept changing songs instead of rotating map and vice versa..

So I'll wait with incorporating this in to official version.. Anyway, now it's (official version) is a mess because of the rendering routines re-design and vector maps logic inserts

Russoxley187
October 18th, 2007, 17:09
I'm very exited to get this to work.
Too bad I did not bring my PSP to work.
I never got IRShell to work with map this and the mp3 player.

Codaz
October 19th, 2007, 00:54
Why should you have album art ?

Keep your eyes on the road :S

But very good addon anyways, don't get me wrong here, i like EVERY contribution so far.

fxpsp
October 19th, 2007, 01:15
Does this E-boot work on the Generic GPS also or only the PSP GPS 290?
No, it won't. However you can test the EBOOT attached to this post. I havn't really tested the this (generic) version, so feedback would be nice.

I did some basic testing on the slim and it works with some minor problems..
You should probably check if the MUSIC folder is there or perhaps use more common /PSP/MUSIC

Good idea, I'll was thinking about actually using the config file for this. E.g via MUSICFOLDER key.

using circle seems to interfere with path drawing function

I'll look into that, I might have forgotten to "exclude" that key action when in "mp3 mode".

the mp3 mode is a bit confusing (at least in the begining). I kept changing songs instead of rotating map and vice versa..

Yes, I know. I'm doing the same thing myself. It's easy to forget that one is in "mp3 mode". Basically, the logic is like this:

Mp3 mode : song bar visible
Mapthis mode: song bar not visible

The reason that I've use the "CIRCLE" button to enter "mp3 mode", is a lot easier to press than e.g. "start" or "tone" while driving.

Why should you have album art ?

Good point! Just seemed a bit more "pro" :-) I feel that "gadget/wow" factor is important when showing of to friends:-)

Keep your eyes on the road :S

I'm trying :-)

I did a few tests yesterday in the car. It performed quite well, I noticed a few "irritating" things I like to fix up.
So maybe in a few more days, I might have a more "mature" version.

Thx for the feedback folks.

Cheers

Russoxley187
October 19th, 2007, 12:48
Cool,
I'll try it today when I get home...
Thanx

deniska
October 19th, 2007, 21:56
Hey, why not use the [note] button to trigger the mp3 mode?

GoDE
October 20th, 2007, 16:22

Good idea !

GoDE

fxpsp
October 20th, 2007, 17:40

I'll add that to next version. I make it a config setting.
Currently making the whole thing more mature (e.g. better separation from mapthis it self). And I've added a few config file settings for e.g. music folder, album information duration (that message box popping up).

And few more changes......

Hopefully I can post the latest rev in a few more days.

Cheers.

Russoxley187
October 21st, 2007, 21:44
this kicks a$$
really nice
i just wis you could select folders...
it only plays if they are in the music folder.
no sub folders

Nieko
October 23rd, 2007, 13:11
I've made two more small updates:

Second line in POI can now be 90 characters. I noticed that directions from Google Maps often don't fit, and last week this made me miss a turn, having to drive 40km extra :(;
Support for _DEFAULT POI file, which loads at startup. This may be very handy if you always want to see where the speed cameras are ;)

Put this file in /PSP/COMMON to load it for every map;
Put it in a map folder for specific folders only.

You can find the full changelog and EBOOT at:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=37#368

fxpsp
October 24th, 2007, 08:57
I've done some work lately on the mp3 mod for MapThis and as usual I like to share it.

Changelog:

fixed a bug in the mp3player when resuming song (embarrassing)
added icons for play, pause, stop, play mode(rnd/seq)
fixed bug with "circle button" interfering with marker in "marker mode"
added these config settings (please see config.txt for values):

MUSICDIR: music directory
SHOWSONGINFODURATION: how long should the song info display (the popup message)
INITPLAYMODE: start up play mode, random or sequential
AUTOEXITAFTER: auto exits MP3 after given seconds
USEBIGSONGINFO: this is a experimental idea I had. Which basically displays a bigger song info. The message box uses bigger font and "animates" in and out of the screen after X seconds. The somewhat smaller default song information message was a bit hard to read while driving.

Todo:

remap "MP3" mode button to "NOTE" (needs kernel mode as I understand)
finish cleanup of code and some improvements on the mp3 player itself
maybe a simpe playlist editor/builder mode allowing adding/removing songs from the playlist.

Hopefully somebody with skills in photoshop/gimp wants to improve player icons or make better integrated "look" with the rest of mapthis application,that would be highly appreciated by me. As my "creative design" skills with gimp are rather lame :-)

Tech info:
I've started the restructuring/cleanup process of the code. At the moment almost all code
is moved out of mapthis it self. So the source is a bit messy now, but since I'll be away
for sometime I liked to release this version and get some feedback.

Cheers

sleekyboy24
October 25th, 2007, 05:05
@fxpsp
juz wondering if the mp3 player add-on was added to Nieko's eboot???

fxpsp
October 25th, 2007, 05:39
@fxpsp
juz wondering if the mp3 player add-on was added to Nieko's eboot???

No, not at the moment.
But since he have released the source, it should be easy to include the mp3player to his version.
Give it some time and I might have a version that includes his features as well. However I'm aiming to have the whole mp3 extension as a PRX, to minize the required changes within mapThis. And to allow mapthis to use different version of the mp3player extension as it progress and improves.

Nieko: I guess it's Ok to integrate with your version?

GoDE
October 25th, 2007, 08:20
remap "MP3" mode button to "NOTE" (needs kernel mode as I understand)

Done for me to test this, no Problem to switch the mp3 mode on or off with the "Note" button.

My PSP (Generic Version on M3.52#4M33) is freezing when i add your additional config lines to my config.txt.
When i use yours it works.
I think there is a problem problem reading the config to get all the neccessary values, or not ? Because i have some additional lines in my config.txt from my version.
I copied my complete version and overwrite only the eboot and add the config values.

bug/feature ??
I stop playing with "Square" (in mp3 mode) and go pack to the maps with "Select". Select an map with "X" and immediatly the player begins to play.

How are the files/folders sorted ?
I hear often audiobooks and the player begins erverytime with the second file.
My files are named with the tracknumber at the beginning (01xx, 02xx, etc.).

:thumbup:
No more audio breakes when you change the zoom level.
Animation and folder picture are cool, and auto-off mp3 mode is working fine.
Go ahead with your Mod.

GoDE

Nieko
October 25th, 2007, 10:38
Nieko: I guess it's Ok to integrate with your version?

Sure, go ahead, that's the great thing about open source :).

Btw., when developing a PRX version, you might want to look at irsmp3.prx, which is an MP3 plugin I'm using with MapThis. It also uses the note button as a "hot button" for commands.

fxpsp
October 25th, 2007, 13:59
Done for me to test this, no Problem to switch the mp3 mode on or off with the "Note" button.

I might be wrong, but if I remember the source code correctly. So is the generic one running in 1.5 kernel mode. While the psp290 version is running in 3.xx user mode.

My PSP (Generic Version on M3.52#4M33) is freezing when i add your additional config lines to my config.txt.
When i use yours it works.
I think there is a problem problem reading the config to get all the neccessary values, or not ? Because i have some additional lines in my config.txt from my version.
I copied my complete version and overwrite only the eboot and add the config values.

This sounds a bit weird. As far I know the config "read" method shouldn't have any problems with unknown keys. This needs to be investigated.

bug/feature ??
I stop playing with "Square" (in mp3 mode) and go pack to the maps with "Select". Select an map with "X" and immediatly the player begins to play.

This is the hidden autoplay feature :-) Nah, good find. I'll fix that.

How are the files/folders sorted ?
I hear often audiobooks and the player begins erverytime with the second file.
My files are named with the tracknumber at the beginning (01xx, 02xx, etc.).

This is really the thing I need to fix in next version. I need to actually scan the music folder a bit better and build sorted playlist. Now it just reads the files and plays them as they are "listed". Not really a good solution there at the moment.

Sure, go ahead, that's the great thing about open source :).

Btw., when developing a PRX version, you might want to look at irsmp3.prx, which is an MP3 plugin I'm using with MapThis. It also uses the note button as a "hot button" for commands.
Yeah, I've been using that code as reference a few times already. It was actually the music.prx that gave me the idea/inspiration for this mp3 mod.

Cheers

GoDE
October 26th, 2007, 07:31
...generic one running in 1.5 kernel mode. While the psp290 version is running in 3.xx user mode.

OK, i understand. We have to try this.
But Sorry in the moment i cannot compile for 3xx.

This sounds a bit weird. As far I know the config "read" method shouldn't have any problems with unknown keys. This needs to be investigated.

Not "unknown" keys, but i add your new lines at the END of my original config. Possible not enough lines are read and your variables not initialized ?!
/EDIT
I think it reads all lines until EOF !?

Does anybody knows what i have to add to my cygwin enviroment for 3xx compiling capabilities.

GoDE

Nieko
October 26th, 2007, 08:46
It may very well be that not enough lines are read. If you compare my version (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=37#368) to the original one, you'll see '200' instead of '100' somewhere. You should also take a look at editting the config from within MapThis, you need to make some changes there too (like in my version).

hat666
November 16th, 2007, 17:07
Hi there, just got hold of a gps-290 and haven't got a clue what to do. looked on youtube at the mapthis0499 and it states that i need 4 folders, How do i get hold of those ?. help really appreciated.

Nieko
November 16th, 2007, 18:31
hat666: this is a thread for developers and new code.

Also, cross-posting is not appreciated.

trovador
November 20th, 2007, 11:38
Hello deniska, Nieko & MIB42, before anything I want darte thanks for your wonderful application. I am Spanish and not to be spoken English, this is translated by Babelfish.

Thank you very much.

bob112564
December 10th, 2007, 03:43
I need help! You sound like the guru of PSP/GPS. I'm new at this site. I signed on because I am very frustrated with the GPS-290 I bought 2 weeks ago. I have been to your website and youtube to try to install the GPS to my PSP version 3.73. I can't seem to download mapthis. I would greatly appreciate all the help you can give me. Thanks in advance....
Bob

Nieko
December 10th, 2007, 09:38
bob112564: this is a thread for developers, not for problems getting MapThis running. Please first read the stickies and search the forums for answers to your problem.

You can of course start a new topic if you can't find anything :).

Airwave
December 11th, 2007, 23:32
hi I´m again, i know thats the new code contributionthread but my questions goes to all coders,because you are the pro.

All what i need is a shut down tool for psp,for example with coundown.i searching by google but no one take thoose homebrew.can you help deniska or Nieko you are very good coder with all understandig i think.its maybe possible?

thanks for replay

*update* this must be run when also run any kind of homebrew,maybe plug in.

Nieko
December 12th, 2007, 10:40
I've heard of some program called Time Baby, but I'm not quite sure it also supports this.

Airwave
December 12th, 2007, 19:55
thanks Nieko, i get the solution.I try ir-shell 3.8 and voila it contains such a function.

gubgr8
January 26th, 2008, 04:42
hey im from the us and is there something you need for this applience

Nieko
January 26th, 2008, 08:56
A PSP, a GPS receiver, Map This! source code and a properly set up PSP development environment. You can get PSPSDK and psptoolchain from www.ps2dev.org (though it doesn't seem to be doing anything right now).

If you're not too familiar with Linux, then you can also get it going under Cygwin.

kvb1982
February 1st, 2008, 14:22
Yes, I'll try to throw in some generic localization bundle where users can specify their native character set and translate all "hardcodded" messages to their native tong...
It would look something like (short example of russian translation bundle):

#define your charset here
LOCAL_CHARSET=ÀÁÂÃÄŨÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞß

#define your message translation here
::: HELP :::=::: ÏÎÌÎÙÜ :::
::: CONFIGURATION :::=::: ÊÎÍÔÈÃÓÐÀÖÈß :::
::: SELECT ACTION :::=::: ÂÛÁÅÐÈÒÅ ÄÅÉÑÒÂÈÅ :::
::: SELECT MAP :::=::: ÂÛÁÎÐ ÊÀÐÒÛ :::

The user will also need to generate the font for the local character set in a form of png file as show in the attachement...
I read every forums and after all of that I cannot create my hungarian translation.
I have to create only the third line of bigfont.png or I have to create a totally new one(3 lines)?
I created a 3rd line version and edited the localization and localfont_small, but it doesnt work. At the small characters I have only pink dots and bigfonts are "ÁÁ", nothing else.
could you help me?
I become crazy very soon...

mas7erD
March 30th, 2008, 01:50
Can you give instructions on how to use it?
I just got it.

Airwave
April 3rd, 2008, 18:43
I read every forums and after all of that I cannot create my hungarian translation.
I have to create only the third line of bigfont.png or I have to create a totally new one(3 lines)?
I created a 3rd line version and edited the localization and localfont_small, but it doesnt work. At the small characters I have only pink dots and bigfonts are "ÁÁ", nothing else.
could you help me?
I become crazy very soon...

Hm did you try replace all charsets? you can edited in photoshop or other program,you can skatch a raster in the right size and than take the char into the right size for example 8x8 pixel or so.You have only the exist place to use for one letter.This should be go.....char for char that you replace....important is the right size all of chars together.Is only one pixel false its possible to see not all of the letter in mapthis

sry for my bad engli:rofl:sh

deniska
April 5th, 2008, 05:54
@kvb1982, can you post your config files?

meanwhile, make sure that your charset and translations encoded as Windows-1251 (I hope it covers Hungarian symbols)

rheid78
May 12th, 2008, 21:14
where do i put the file?

linux2512
September 8th, 2008, 22:51
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes...
I'm trying to understand the MapThis Code (0520) and could use some help (explanation) with what the following functions do:
swizzleImage
swizzle_fast
blitImageToImage2

Thanks in advance

deniska
September 12th, 2008, 06:48
swizzling - helps the GPU render things faster.. There is a better explanation in ps2dev.org forums...

Sorry, I am too lazy to go and check the code...
maybe some other day... :-)

linux2512
September 24th, 2008, 21:03
swizzling - helps the GPU render things faster.. There is a better explanation in ps2dev.org forums...

Sorry, I am too lazy to go and check the code...
maybe some other day... :-)
Thanks

pwarren
October 14th, 2008, 06:23
Hi there folks. I'm looking at implementing some things for MapThis, notabely .GPX support and perhaps vector maps support, but that might be a bit ambitions for me, anways, in order to get started, I've downloaded and installed the PSPSDK and PSPToolchain packages from the ps2dev folks.

I tried compiling the stock code to see if I could get it to work.

I'm working on Ubuntu 8.04, and I have a PSP-2002 running 4.01 M33-2.

Unmodified the code compiles, but doesn't generate the EBOOT file because the .png files need to be .PNG, easy fixed. But the then generated EBOOT doesn't work on my PSP. So I look in the makefile and discover that changes are needed to get it to compile to 3.XX (and above I guess) firmware. I do this and get:

psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=371 -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:1941: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘sceUtilityLoadUsbModule’
main.c:1941: error: ‘PSP_USB_MODULE_ACC’ undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:1941: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:1941: error: for each function it appears in.)
main.c:1951: error: ‘PSP_USB_MODULE_GPS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

A bit of research turns up that you need to include some header files and link in the psputility library, adding the code:

diff -u src.orig/main.h src/main.h
--- src.orig/main.h 2008-10-14 16:17:25.000000000 +1100
+++ src/main.h 2008-10-14 16:20:32.000000000 +1100
@@ -26,6 +26,13 @@
#include "line.h"

+#include <pspusb.h>
+#include <pspusbcam.h>
+#include <psputility.h>
+#include <psputility_usbmodules.h>
+
+
+
#define PSP_WIDTH 480
#define PSP_HEIGHT 272
#define RADIUS 0

diff -u src.orig/makefile src/makefile
--- src.orig/makefile 2008-10-14 16:17:25.000000000 +1100
+++ src/makefile 2008-10-14 16:19:29.000000000 +1100
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
#LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles
LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0
-LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g
+LIBS = -lpsputility -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g

################################################## #################
#HOLUX GPSlim236+ version DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below

all the objects compile, but linking seems to be a problem :(

psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=371 -L. -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -specs=/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxspecs -Wl,-q,-T/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/linkfile.prx -mno-crt0 main.o graphics.o font.o utils.o attractions.o line.o nmeap01.o danzeff.o geocalc.o sceUsbGps.o geodata.o mp3player.o basic.o menu.o sioprx.o display.o /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxexports.o -lpsputility -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o mView.elf
main.o: In function `main':
/home/paw900/Downloads/MapThis0520/src/main.c:1941: undefined reference to `sceUtilityLoadUsbModule'
/home/paw900/Downloads/MapThis0520/src/main.c:1951: undefined reference to `sceUtilityLoadUsbModule'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mView.elf] Error 1

So, I'm a bit stuck, anyone able to help out?

Cheers.

Nieko
October 14th, 2008, 08:50
Did you install PSPSDK etc. from SVN? On their website they don't have the latest version.

You could also try compiling my version, see if that works, and what the differences then are with the code you're trying to compile. You can find it here: http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/mapthis/mapThis0520%20-%20Nieko.zip

pwarren
October 15th, 2008, 02:01
Ah, the SVN PSPSDK did the trick! I'll report back when I have something useful :)

svoker
June 27th, 2009, 08:48
Hello there.

I am running on Ubuntu, have pspsdk installed, my own homebrew application compiling and works well on 5.00 M33.6.
But, I've never used in my application libjpeg.
I am trying to compile latest mapthis source and got a message about incompatibility of libjpeg.
Only the changes I have done this is in a makefile, because i am using PSP-290.

See here makefile:
================================================== ============
TARGET = mView
PSPSDK=$(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
PSPBIN = $(PSPSDK)/../bin

PSP_EBOOT_PIC1 = PIC1.png
PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON0.png

#PSP-290/USB versionSPECIFIC DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
PSP_FW_VERSION=371
BUILD_PRX = 1
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
##LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles
LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0
LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -ljpeg -lpspusb -lpng -lz -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g

#HOLUX GPSlim236+ version DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
#CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC
#LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -lpspgu

OBJS = main.o \
graphics.o \
font.o \
utils.o \
attractions.o \
line.o \
nmeap01.o \
danzeff.o \
geocalc.o \
sceUsbGps.o \
geodata.o \
mp3player.o \
basic.o \
menu.o \
sioprx.o \
display.o

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP
PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = mView

include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

=============================================

See log here:
=============================================
psp-gcc -I. -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=371 -L. -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -specs=/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxspecs -Wl,-q,-T/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/linkfile.prx -mno-crt0 main.o graphics.o font.o utils.o attractions.o line.o nmeap01.o danzeff.o geocalc.o sceUsbGps.o geodata.o mp3player.o basic.o menu.o sioprx.o display.o /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib/prxexports.o -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -ljpeg -lpspusb -lpng -lz -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o mView.elf
/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.3.2/../../../../psp/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.3.2/../../../../psp/lib/libjpeg.a when searching for -ljpeg
/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.3.2/../../../../psp/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libjpeg.a when searching for -ljpeg
/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.3.2/../../../../psp/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/../lib/libjpeg.a when searching for -ljpeg
/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.3.2/../../../../psp/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mView.elf] Error 1
==============================================

Any advise from your side?

Thank you in advance.
==============================
Thank You for PM.
Problem solved.
It was an issue with PATH env. settings

binhusc
June 28th, 2009, 18:28
I'm using Minimalist PSPSDK to compile MapThis!. For the MapThis!, I'm able to compile without any problem, but when I try to compile sioprx.prx I've this error:

================================================== ===
Makefile:29: warning: overriding commands for target `clean'
D:/PSP/sdk/psp/sdk/lib/build.mak:219: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`clean'
psp-gcc -ID:/PSP/sdk/psp/sdk/include/libc -I. -ID:/PSP/sdk/psp/sdk/include -O2 -
G0 -Wall -g -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=150 -c -o main.o main.c
make: *** No rule to make target `sioprx.o', needed by `sioprx.elf'. Stop.
================================================== ===

I haven't changed the Makefile provided on MapThis! 05.20 source. I'm only trying to compile this 'cause when I try to run my compilation of MapThis! it works once. The second time I try to run it gives me an error that game could not be started.

Thanks in advance

JeSkill
July 17th, 2009, 12:27
Where do I put the src folder?

neo423
January 26th, 2010, 07:05
i very like this
its so nice