PDA

View Full Version : New Code Contribution

Pages : [1] 2

MIB.42
February 24th, 2007, 20:26
Deniska,

With respect, I stop posting on the "Tiles not showing" thread, as that got resolved a while ago. With your new code drop (thank you!) I'd like to focus on possibly adding new features / peer-review if it's OK with you. Please feel free to comment any time, it's your project, I only wish to contribute with coding and with your permission...

This first post is to introduce some changes/additions to the non-USB trunk:

- "Relaxed Search" in ADDRESS GEOLOOKUP ( It is enough to "roughly" specify the name of street etc. and it will offer the closest match )...
- Added screenshot to Action Menu (before Help)...
- Map movement speed can be 2x if the left button is being pressed in non-GPS mode...
- Added recording to gps.txt if recording enabled...
- "WIFI MAP UPLOAD" menupoint last in the map list...
- Updated help.txt...
- If startup map is specified, initialize GPS measurements properly...
- Added feedback and graceful exit in case no map direcory found...
- Some bug and minor compiler warning fixes...

Here is the EBOOT.pbp and the sources/help.txt

Regards, MIB.42

zsc
February 24th, 2007, 20:34
would this be for the PSP290 or GPSlim240?

MIB.42
February 24th, 2007, 20:36
This is for the to the non-USB trunk, thus the GPSlim series. It works with my 240 quite well...

zsc
February 24th, 2007, 21:54
I'm trying out the mod now. Here's what i've noticed. I'm not sure if it's because of the mod or if it's only with my PSP.

I cannot see which item I'm selecting in the START menu.

Also, might I suggest that for the 2x map movement speed, you use 'O' button instead of the left directional button, easier to access while holding the PSP with both hands.

MIB.42
February 24th, 2007, 22:10
I'm trying out the mod now. Here's what i've noticed. I'm not sure if it's because of the mod or if it's only with my PSP.

I cannot see which item I'm selecting in the START menu.

Also, might I suggest that for the 2x map movement speed, you use 'O' button instead of the left directional button, easier to access while holding the PSP with both hands.

1. Deniska made some changes the 'system' directory, please see attached rar file. Make sure you check&modify config.txt !
2. Circle is used for putting pathpoints. Please see the help.txt file.
3. Attached a new EBOOT.PBP, I fixed a line rendering bug which made the app freeze from time to time.

Regards, MIB.42

zsc
February 24th, 2007, 22:56
ok, how about using the "mute/note/music" button?
or, the 'O' button, but only when not in "marker" mode.

Deniska just released the 0.488 beta, is your mod based on an earlier version?

MIB.42
February 24th, 2007, 23:20
ok, how about using the "mute/note/music" button?
or, the 'O' button, but only when not in "marker" mode.

Deniska just released the 0.488 beta, is your mod based on an earlier version?

Both of them are doable. I'd want to coordinate with Deniska.

Mine is based on his latest source drop as of yesterday (he marked it as 85), but looking at the code features, it's gotta be very close. I think my bugfixes and new features are really needed, so I am hoping he will eventually incorporate it... We are just working out how/where to drop the code. Regards.

MIB.42
February 25th, 2007, 00:02
Deniska,

Per our messages, here are the code changes, all marked with '// MIB42'...

ChangeLog :
- Fixed line rendering bug which made my PSP crash several times.
- "Relaxed Search" in ADDRESS GEOLOOKUP ( It is enough to "roughly" specify the name of street etc. and it will offer the closest match ) ( modified address_geolookup2 and relared codes ) : also touched geo-client.cpp
- Added screenshot to Action Menu (before Help) (Lat_Lon__daymon_hourminsec.png )
- Map movement speed can be 2x if the left button is being pressed in non-GPS mode
- Added recording to gps.txt if recording enabled ( fprintf(gpsout, "%s\n", buffer);)
- Modified qsort for map menu to exclude the "== WIFI MAP UPLOAD ==" menupoint to be put to the top of the list (... qsort( options, (optcount-((loadwifi>0)?(1):(0))),sizeof(options[0]),opt_cmp); // To avoid == WIFI MAP UPLOAD == to be put in the beginning...)
- Updated help.txt
- If startup map is specified, initialize GPS measurements properly ( startupmaploaded )
- Added feedback and graceful exit in case no map direcory found ( in readMapListings )
- Adjusted position of text for draw_string( "POPULATE THE FIELDS BELOW AND PRESS [START] BUTTON", 42, 48);
- Minor bug (utils.cpp) and compiler warning fixes

deniska
February 25th, 2007, 07:14
Nice!
I've been meaning to fix many of these items for some time, but never found time...
I'll go over the code changes on Monday and let you know if everything looks kosher..

rhygin
February 25th, 2007, 12:11
@MIB.42
As you are supporting deniska in the improvement of MapThis! I thought I might address this in this thread too
I was going to use MapThis! to do some geocaching but noticed that the format of the POIs is slightly different when entering them in MapThis! compared to the format given for the caches:
Format in MapThis is:
N 52.5486111°, E 13.4194444°
What I would need for geocaching is the WGS84 format like this:
N 52°32.916667', E 13°25.166667'.

Is it possible for you to implement a function to toggle between these two formats into one of your next releases?

I have already googled a bit to try and find out how to calculate the three different values DD, DM and DMS.
This is what I found:
Given the lon. in DD E13.41944444°
Take the part after the decimal point and multiply with 60 gives you DM:
0.41944445 * 60 = 25,166667
So DM value is then E13° 25.166667'
Now take the part after the decimal point and multiply with 60 to get DMS:
0.16667 * 60 = 10
So DMS value is then E13° 25' 10''

Vice versa calculation looks like this:
Given the lon. in DMS E13° 25' 10''
Take the second and divide by 60 to get DM
10 / 60 = 0,16666666666666666666666666666667
For the DMS value calcultion is as follows:
Divide the minutes by 60 and add the seconds devided by 3600
(25 / 60) + (10 / 3600) = 13.41944444
So we get the DD value now is E13.41944444°

It would be super if You could enter POIs in all three values, and if you could also toggle the display to show all three depending on which one you want.

MIB.42
February 26th, 2007, 08:19
@MIB.42
As you are supporting deniska in the improvement of MapThis! I thought I might address this in this thread too
I was going to use MapThis! to do some geocaching but noticed that the format of the POIs is slightly different when entering them in MapThis! compared to the format given for the caches:
Format in MapThis is:
N 52.5486111°, E 13.4194444°
What I would need for geocaching is the WGS84 format like this:
N 52°32.916667', E 13°25.166667'.

Is it possible for you to implement a function to toggle between these two formats into one of your next releases?

I have already googled a bit to try and find out how to calculate the three different values DD, DM and DMS.
This is what I found:
Given the lon. in DD E13.41944444°
Take the part after the decimal point and multiply with 60 gives you DM:
0.41944445 * 60 = 25,166667
Now take the part after the decimal point and multiply with 60 to get DMS:
0.16667 * 60 = 10
So DMS value is then E13° 25' 10''

Vice versa calculation looks like this:
Given the lon. in DMS E13° 25' 10''
Take the second and divide by 60 to get DM
10 / 60 = 0,16666666666666666666666666666667
For the DMS value calcultion is as follows:
Divide the minutes by 60 and add the seconds devided by 3600
(25 / 60) + (10 / 3600) = 13.41944444
So we get the DD value now is E13.41944444°

It would be super if You could enter POIs in all three values, and if you could also toggle the display to show all three depending on which one you want.

If I read you correctly, this is just expression of degrees with fractions vs. components. I have done this many times so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll look at this unless deniska has done this already...

deniska
February 26th, 2007, 22:03
just updated the code with you changes and posted the new generic beta version at 0.4 release thread... it includes the most recent source code..

As far as DMS goes, you should be able to toggle lat/lon display to DMS by adding DMS=1 to the config.txt file

Feel free to improve it though... ;-)

rhygin
February 27th, 2007, 16:53
@deniska
Using DMS=1 works fine
Now we can display the coordinates as DD,dddd° (without option DMS)
and DD° MM,mmm'(with option DMS=1)

The only thing missing now would be to display them as DD° MM' SS'' (degrees minutes seconds)
And of course to be able to add POIs directly in these formats with the "ADD POIs" function in MapThis!.

@MIB.42
Maybe You could help out here a little

MIB.42
February 27th, 2007, 17:51
@deniska
Using DMS=1 works fine
Now we can display the coordinates as DD,dddd° (without option DMS)
and DD° MM,mmm'(with option DMS=1)

The only thing missing now would be to display them as DD° MM' SS'' (degrees minutes seconds)
And of course to be able to add POIs directly in these formats with the "ADD POIs" function in MapThis!.

@MIB.42
Maybe You could help out here a little

I'll add DMS=2 to do that. Let you know when it's done.

rhygin
February 28th, 2007, 07:01
@MIB.42
Thaks a lot.
Could you also implement the possibility to add POIs directly in these formats with the "ADD POIs" function in the MapThis! Menu(the one that pops up when you press start - Add POIs)?

MIB.42
February 28th, 2007, 07:57
@MIB.42
Thanks a lot.
Could you also implement the possibility to add POIs directly in these formats with the "ADD POIs" function in the MapThis! Menu(the one that pops up when you press start - Add POIs)?

The display is done using the DDMMSS format. There is also a new menupoint from the START menu saying "Change DMS Format"... I will be looking at the Add POIs issue next...

MIB.42
March 2nd, 2007, 05:59
@MIB.42
Thaks a lot.

I need some clarification here. May I ask :

- Why would you want to manually enter the long/lat values when MapThis fills that info out for you?

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but you can manually edit the _MY_POIS file in the _map directory.
The format for each line is : lon,lat,name,descr

I could make some changes, so that instead of the present :
65.432109877,-87.5432109,Name of the Place,Description of the Place

it could be
65°43'35",-87°54'47",Name of the Place,Description of the Place

... needless to say, both would be accepted...

?!

MIB.42
March 2nd, 2007, 07:36
Deniska,

Here is the new code drop :

- New bigfont.png to replace dollar sign with degree
- Little font (msx) 'degree' related changes ( graphics.cpp or main.cpp )
- Change DMS format (0-2) and associtaed menus and displays to support dd.ddddd ddmm.mmmm and ddmmss
- Added ms_write_log function to enable logging. config.txt can have DEBUGLOG=1
- Added plenty of sanity checks in all attached cpp files including logging the problems ( if DEBUGLOG is set )
- display_message X button state clear
- prevent "stuck maps" if map preference coordinates are invalid
- HOLD button check for disabling joystick

rhygin
March 2nd, 2007, 07:58
I need some clarification here. May I ask :

- Why would you want to manually enter the long/lat values when MapThis fills that info out for you?

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but you can manually edit the _MY_POIS file in the _map directory.
The format for each line is : lon,lat,name,descr

I could make some changes, so that instead of the present :
65.432109877,-87.5432109,Name of the Place,Description of the Place

it could be
65°43'35",-87°54'47",Name of the Place,Description of the Place

... needless to say, both would be accepted...

?!

Hi MIB.42
I am aware that I can edit the _MY_POIS file in the _map directory and that in fact is exactly what I want to do but I would like to be able to use different formats of entering the lat/lon values because I want to do some Geo Caching with MapThis!
When googling for Geo Caches I noticed that the lat/lon values where given in different values; someties they were given in DD.dddd°, sometimes in DD°MM.mmmm' and sometimes in DD°MM'SS''.
When Geo Caching you get some lat/lon values and start at the first solve some riddle and add the solution of the riddle to your second lat/lon value this will then be your next waypoint. This of course has to entered into _MY_POIS file in the _map directory to find the next riddle.
So to give you an example I will use these values for the DD.dddd° format: 52.5486111, -13.4194444
I would like to be able add this into the _MY_POIS file in three different formats.
DD.dddd° would be
52.5486111, -13.4194444
DD°MM.mmmm' would be
52.32.916667, -13.25.166667
DD°MM'SS'' would be
52°32'55'', -13° 25' 10''

Hope I could clarify everything now ;-)

MIB.42
March 2nd, 2007, 08:29
Hi MIB.42
I am aware that I can edit the _MY_POIS file in the _map directory and that in fact is exactly what I want to do but I would like to be able to use different formats of entering the lat/lon values because I want to do some Geo Caching with MapThis!
When googling for Geo Caches I noticed that the lat/lon values where given in different values; someties they were given in DD.dddd°, sometimes in DD°MM.mmmm' and sometimes in DD°MM'SS''.
When Geo Caching you get some lat/lon values and start at the first solve some riddle and add the solution of the riddle to your second lat/lon value this will then be your next waypoint. This of course has to entered into _MY_POIS file in the _map directory to find the next riddle.
So to give you an example I will use these values for the DD.dddd° format: 52.5486111, -13.4194444
I would like to be able add this into the _MY_POIS file in three different formats.
DD.dddd° would be
52.5486111, -13.4194444
DD°MM.mmmm' would be
52.32.916667, -13.25.166667
DD°MM'SS'' would be
52°32'55'', -13° 25' 10''

Hope I could clarify everything now ;-)

So if I "just" modify the _MY_POIS reading part to enable these 3 different type of reads would be enough?

rhygin
March 2nd, 2007, 10:43
@MIB.42
I guess that would be absolutely sufficient.
Thanks

deniska
March 2nd, 2007, 21:53
MIB.42, I merged your recent changes with some minor edits.. (I did not put in the DMS option on the main menu, since we already desisded on the icons for it, plus I don't think that lots of people would switch their dms display too often)..
I did not have much time to test the merged code today, but at least it compiles :-)

MIB.42
March 3rd, 2007, 06:15
MIB.42, I merged your recent changes with some minor edits.. (I did not put in the DMS option on the main menu, since we already desisded on the icons for it, plus I don't think that lots of people would switch their dms display too often)..
I did not have much time to test the merged code today, but at least it compiles :-)

Thanks, will test it. I agree on not adding the DMS option, I may even go further, I don't think it should be in the menu at all, config.txt is plenty enough...

I flew again today and right before taking off I added a quick mod; screenshots at every minute, automatically. I put the resulted png's to a movie later ( jpg conv + ffmpeg ), it's pretty darn good.

I am planning on adding this feature in the next rev if you don't mind, saving jpgs with customizable intervals ( 30sec, 1 min, 5 min and 10min ) those than can be played with a slideshow or made into mpgs...

I'll start on the new menu system...

Codaz
March 3rd, 2007, 21:57
So are we seeing that the development team is no from one (deniska) to 2 people :)

Or isn't there an official cooperation ?

haizad
March 4th, 2007, 02:39
Hey Guys...may I make a suggestion?I have no idea how to code and stuff...but maybe you guys can code some kinda tracking utility into mapthis..like..trace the route one is taking on a trip.that way people can actually see the real time progress of their trip...and maybe use their trip info for future use.use maybe a red line on the maps to indicate how far they have progressed on their journey..that would be really great.

MIB.42
March 4th, 2007, 06:19
Hey Guys...may I make a suggestion?I have no idea how to code and stuff...but maybe you guys can code some kinda tracking utility into mapthis..like..trace the route one is taking on a trip.that way people can actually see the real time progress of their trip...and maybe use their trip info for future use.use maybe a red line on the maps to indicate how far they have progressed on their journey..that would be really great.

There are 2 things you can do now ( well, Ok, one for the present version ) :
- Record the GPS data, than you can play it back later.
- Also, I am in the middle of adding automated snapshots ( 15sec, 30sec, 1 min, 5 min, 10min ), which saves jpg images which than can be put together to a movie with programs like ffmpeg or can be played with slideshow players. I flew to SD and recorded my trip with 1min intervals (70 frames). It's a pretty good movie... ;-) After I finish the coding to get "release ready", I will ask Deniska to make it available. I am working on better line drawing at the moment...

MIB.42
March 4th, 2007, 22:58
deniska,

see attached graphics.cpp, I (re)wrote the clipping routine for the linedraw functions. Optimized it as far as I could, tested it ... Please have a look. MIB.42_3

Codaz
March 4th, 2007, 23:18
Can a feature like ETA be developped ?
Garmin Nüvi devices have it.

It calculates how far it is from your destination, from the speed you drive.

It changes negatively if you slow down, and gets better when you speed up.

For example: Estimated time of arrival: 6 minutes, but if you drive 100 km/h it becomes 4 minutes.

leaod
March 5th, 2007, 00:00
Can a feature like ETA be developped ?
Garmin Nüvi devices have it.

It calculates how far it is from your destination, from the speed you drive.

It changes negatively if you slow down, and gets better when you speed up.

For example: Estimated time of arrival: 6 minutes, but if you drive 100 km/h it becomes 4 minutes.

Very good comment. This is a nice feature to be add.
:D

chrs2021
March 5th, 2007, 04:05
Is there a permissions system set up on the source, because i w2ouldl ike to take a look at it.

MIB.42
March 5th, 2007, 05:25
Is there a permissions system set up on the source, because i w2ouldl ike to take a look at it.

What do you mean? The source is included in the tar files.
If you want to contribute, the way we work at the moment is that I submit my code to deniska who than decides on integration.

deniska
March 5th, 2007, 20:25
I merged the line clipping routines and added the new menu....
The rar includes EBOOT.PBP and extra graphics (curtesy of leaod) required to run this version..

meme me
March 6th, 2007, 00:09
just loaded the above looks very nice thanks

chrs2021
March 6th, 2007, 02:52
what tar file do you speak of?

MIB.42
March 6th, 2007, 07:33
what tar file do you speak of?

The above .rar file...

tar is used to describe a group of files which are archived into one single file and in the .rar or .zip case they are also compressed to reduce size :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_(file_format)

rhygin
March 6th, 2007, 09:59
@deniska and MIB.42
Super work you two displaying lat/lon now works for all three formats:
DMS=0 Displays coordinates in DD.dddddd°
DMS=1 Displays coordinates in DD°MM.mmmm'
DMS=2 Displays coordinates in DD°MM'SS''

But it still is only possible to edit the _MY_POIS file in the _map directory using decimal values I hope it will be possible to do this with the other two formats in the future.
I also noticed that the degree character ° can not be used when trying to enter a POI

But still I must say this tool is becoming more and more professional with each release.
Keep up the good work.

leaod
March 6th, 2007, 12:28
deniska;
This version was compiled to 1.50 firmwares isn't?
The new features are running sweet.

Very good job Deniska and MIB.42 :D

JoQ
March 6th, 2007, 12:58
Please do some updates to the GPS-290 version... We also want the new menu :D :D

Thanks alot, very nice work!

Codaz
March 6th, 2007, 14:48
Please do some updates to the GPS-290 version... We also want the new menu :D :D

Thanks alot, very nice work!

Second that, but the generic version needs to be more stable before we have a new psp-290 version.

Also, i would like to see bugfixes, before fancy new menus ;) !

MIB.42
March 6th, 2007, 19:20
Second that, but the generic version needs to be more stable before we have a new psp-290 version.

Also, i would like to see bugfixes, before fancy new menus ;) !

Do you have a specific bugfix in mind?
If you have a list of bugs, please let us know!

MIB.42
March 6th, 2007, 19:23
@deniska and MIB.42
Super work you two displaying lat/lon now works for all three formats:
DMS=0 Displays coordinates in DD.dddddd°
DMS=1 Displays coordinates in DD°MM.mmmm'
DMS=2 Displays coordinates in DD°MM'SS''

But it still is only possible to edit the _MY_POIS file in the _map directory using decimal values I hope it will be possible to do this with the other two formats in the future.
I also noticed that the degree character ° can not be used when trying to enter a POI

But still I must say this tool is becoming more and more professional with each release.
Keep up the good work.

Yes, my next thing is to update the _MY_POIS reader...

Degree character when entering POI : deniska, we should add the degree character to the keymenus... I'll do that, 'key?

deniska
March 6th, 2007, 22:01
-implemented icons on the POI menu - the program scans the POI filenames for keywords to deside which icon to display
-converted all sorce to "C" (This is done so I could merger the recent changes to PSP-290 version, which I had problems compiling with C++ compiler.)
- removed forced "UpperCasing" from the menus
-minor bug fixes
-EBOOT.PBP and extra graphics included for those who wants to test this version

leaod
March 6th, 2007, 22:09
Looks cool, Im gonna test right now.

Codaz
March 7th, 2007, 08:03
Is there in the future going to be a generic Mapthis, which covers both all receivers AND psp-290, because 2 versions seem to be difficult to code.

rhygin
March 7th, 2007, 12:14
Yes, my next thing is to update the _MY_POIS reader...

Degree character when entering POI : deniska, we should add the degree character to the keymenus... I'll do that, 'key?

These are the four characters that we would need to be able to use all three input values.
I think only the first two are missing but not too sure about it as I haven't got my PSP here right now.

°
'
"

deniska
March 7th, 2007, 15:40
Go for it..
Sorry I kinda missed this post before...

MIB.42
March 10th, 2007, 07:39
Code is based on 0493.
New features marked with MIB.42_4 :

- deg/min/sec all supported ( I hope ), this includes POI related read/store/kbd_enter ( DMS = 0/1/2 ) and modifications to danzeff and num_.png files as well as conversion routines for both ways. ( Tried it on _MY_POI, added hybrid lines, all seem to work...)
- changed string rendering to accomodate above for both little and big fonts. For now I replaced the dollar sign with the degree sign and added degree/min/sec signs to the numeric input under the '7' section. See nums.png files...
- 'backspace' added for kbd input ( danzeff + png's )

I know it may not seem a lot, but it affects quite a few parts...

I hope to move on to more "fun" code, like extending the screenshot functionality to be able to save in jpg and automated saves...

deniska
March 10th, 2007, 17:24
cool..
I'll try to merge your changes with my latest base code and post the resulting code on Monday...
I did some merging of generic and PSP-290 version, so hopefully by monday we'll have one set of files for both versions, which should be easier to manage...

leaod
March 10th, 2007, 18:17
MIB.42;
Are we returning to the old graphics style? :(

deniska;
Oww nice one, both versions going forward together.

deniska
March 10th, 2007, 22:54
leaod, perhaps you can update those entry pads..
Also, could you outline the menu window a bit?
Make the edges a bit more opaque...
When it's displayed on top of other blue components the edges blend in so mauch you can't always tell where it ends...

leaod
March 11th, 2007, 00:22
Right, new graphics coming soon.

MIB.42
March 11th, 2007, 17:09
MIB.42;
Are we returning to the old graphics style? :(

Sorry, this is what I had in my directory when I tested the code, so this is what I modified ;-)
I have no problem updating it to your latest style (which I think is pretty cool), so as deniska suggested it, would you mind adding those 3 (deg/min/sec) symbols to the numpad ?

Thanks!

leaod
March 11th, 2007, 23:14
Guys, Im a bit scared with the Mapthis users, sometimes these guys start complainting about the features that don't exist at the moment. I can't believe it, this is a FREE homebrew and even so these guys think that they can complaint about something. Well I would like to say to you deniska, mib.42 and in7ase this is a very good homebrew, and to be honest, the best one in my opinion, so please don't give up. This project is awesome.

MIB.42
March 12th, 2007, 00:30
Guys, Im a bit scared with the Mapthis users, sometimes these guys start complainting about the features that don't exist at the moment. I can't believe it, this is a FREE homebrew and even so these guys think that they can complaint about something. Well I would like to say to you deniska, mib.42 and in7ase this is a very good homebrew, and to be honest, the best one in my opinion, so please don't give up. This project is awesome.

If I may speak for Deniska and in7ane, we know that, but thanks! :thumbup:

... On the other hand, every complaint has some message ( even if it's just about the user... :eek: ) which I believe should be looked at if we have the energy... :cool:

JoQ
March 12th, 2007, 18:52
I know that geodata.dat is only possible to use in USA, but if i find a geodata.dat for Sweden (where i live), is it possible to use it with mapthis and GMDL?

By the way, can you guys put the characters Å, Ä, Ö (å, ä, ö) to the keyboard for next update?

deniska
March 12th, 2007, 21:06
I finally merged the code for PSP-290 and generic versions.
There is still going to be 2 different binaries though.
since PSP-290 requires 3.xx kernel and the generic version runs under 1.5
The Makefile has instructions on how to build one or the other.

The PSP-290 version is unstable at the moment and missing some features (gps data recording, logging, wifi map download)
The DSM logic is merged and slightly corrected...

no binaries in this release...

deniska
March 12th, 2007, 21:13
I know that geodata.dat is only possible to use in USA, but if i find a geodata.dat for Sweden (where i live), is it possible to use it with mapthis and GMDL?

By the way, can you guys put the characters Å, Ä, Ö (å, ä, ö) to the keyboard for next update?

Contact in7ane if you find a reliable public geodata source for european countries...

Basically if you find data which list gps coordinates of all road/street intersections and can be displayed in format below, you are in business:

[street name],[house# range][gps coords]

example of sample zip section

4 BEAR LN,19;22,-109402197+44477081
4 BEAR LN,23;24,-109405827+44480648
6DV RD,20,-109488079+44461280
6DV RD,30;32,-109488162+44459520
6DV RD,38;40;43,-109488972+44457927
6DV RD,45;48;50;51,-109490070+44456785
6DV RD,53;56;58;61,-109491006+44455811
6DV RD,62;63,-109492078+44454678
6DV RD,109,-109497420+44443258
6DV RD,110,-109493710+44448445
6DV RD,111;130;132,-109496806+44444414
6DV RD,138;140,-109497420+44443258
6DV RD,144;146,-109498409+44442869
6DV RD,170,-109500381+44437223
AERIE DR,31,-109481305+44447129
AERIE DR,37,-109480091+44446482
BRADFORD DR,40,-109483276+44467970
BRADFORD DR,44,-109481679+44468990
CLOUDY DR,136;137,-109497420+44443258
CLOUDY DR,140;142;143,-109481701+44447244
CLOUDY DR,144,-109481465+44447335
CLOUDY DR,161,-109481701+44447244
CLOUDY DR,181,-109481465+44447335
CLOUDY DR,272,-109481701+44447244
CLOUDY DR,276,-109481465+44447335
DEER RIDGE TRL,2,-109438483+44456046
DEER RIDGE TRL,20,-109445272+44455249
DEER RIDGE TRL,33,-109438483+44456046
DEER RIDGE TRL,39,-109445272+44455249
DUNN CREEK RD,1,-109434432+44470422

rhygin
March 12th, 2007, 22:00
It's a pity but as I am too stupid to compile the source I can't test this version. I'll just have to wait until I have figured out what I need to compile this or until this version is downloadable as binaries ;-(

MIB.42
March 13th, 2007, 03:20
It's a pity but as I am too stupid to compile the source I can't test this version. I'll just have to wait until I have figured out what I need to compile this or until this version is downloadable as binaries ;-(

deniska, do you mind if I put up the executable?

deniska
March 13th, 2007, 04:24
go for it....
It's kinda buggy though

MIB.42
March 13th, 2007, 07:21
go for it....
It's kinda buggy though

What kind of bugs did you observe? Any help in tracking'em down?

leaod
March 13th, 2007, 11:38
Guys, Im a bit late with the graphics but here it comes.

- New pad images (using new symbols added by MIB.42)
- Menuwindow with more opacity and a tiny darker edge.

PS: I would suggest to save the screenshots in a special folder like "User_images" or something like that.

deniska
March 13th, 2007, 15:35
What kind of bugs did you observe? Any help in tracking'em down?

The PSP-290 version often hangs on loading a map..
Logging does not work..
and I think I missed some PSP-290-specific config parameters (like INITLOCATION)

Feel free to investigate...

MIB.42
March 14th, 2007, 07:37
The PSP-290 version often hangs on loading a map..
Logging does not work..
and I think I missed some PSP-290-specific config parameters (like INITLOCATION)

Feel free to investigate...

First, I only use the -DGENERIC build :
( btw, I had to clear the libdir and flags, thus added the following to the makefile :
LIBDIR =
LDFLAGS =
after the DEVICETYPE )

Logging seems to work for me, both the GPS recording and the ms_write_log. I added a quick thread status report if you press both shoulder buttons it dumps cachemng/garbcoll/usermain/wifi status. Changes are marked with MIB.42_5...
( also, if you define DEBUGLOG=2 in config.txt, it will dump map data access as well )

I also changed in main.c the degree sign ( instead of \011 to \260 as you seem'd to miss this in the previous merge. I understand it though and appreciate you taking the time for the merge, I know it would probably easier to write the code alone... )

Also, I would love to see my version crash, so that I can investigate further, but I don't have a 290, so can't really help there...

Next thing I plan on adding is a bit more improvement on the caching; at the moment if there is no tile data in the map, it keeps pounding the memorystick...

Codaz
March 14th, 2007, 09:29
Are you planning to get a psp-290 MIB ?
So you can test a little bit more.

leaod
March 14th, 2007, 13:29
to MIB.42
Mate, Im posting here my system folder (graphics) like you asked me. With the pad changes (after your comments).

to Deniska
I realized that I have very disorganized graphics folder here. Can you please check my system folder if I have the right images so the people could download it now.

Cheers.

MIB.42
March 14th, 2007, 16:34
Are you planning to get a psp-290 MIB ?
So you can test a little bit more.

I wasn't planning on it as I use mine mostly in the car and I like having the freedom of positioning the GPS device... I'll look around for a "loan" though...

deniska
March 14th, 2007, 18:57
Also, I would love to see my version crash, so that I can investigate further, but I don't have a 290, so can't really help there...

You don't need PSP-290 to see the crashes.. just install the 290 version and run under 3.**+ kernel...

JoQ
March 14th, 2007, 21:16
A question i must ask is... do i need to run under 3.** kernel? Couse i run 1.5 right now and it works perfect except some bugs/crashes when zooming...
I got PSP-290!

MIB.42
March 15th, 2007, 05:16
You don't need PSP-290 to see the crashes.. just install the 290 version and run under 3.**+ kernel...

Good point, will do...

deniska
March 15th, 2007, 20:57
- changed hdop display logic
- changed thread priorities and stack allocations
- added CPU clock control to GPS-INFO screen [UP]/[DOWN] - valid settings are 333/222/111
111Mhz could help PSP-290 users to get faster fix since PSP may make less EMP noise at lesser frequencies.
- added initlocation switch to PSP-290 GPS INFO screen [LEFT]/[RIGHT]
- misc fixes

To install, overwrite you current (0.4xxx) version's EBOOT.PBP with apropriate EBOOT version and replace the system folder with the new one.

Codaz
March 15th, 2007, 23:33
So this version is finally for PSP-290 TOO :)

But i think only the generic gps features are now ported to psp-290, no real psp-290 bugs fixed or am i wrong ?

Codaz
March 15th, 2007, 23:54
Do you have a specific bugfix in mind?
If you have a list of bugs, please let us know!

[The chrashing of the PSP-290 version, while loading a map, and chrashes while zooming, or reading from a poi file.

Also Poi files not displayed correctly.]

Already fixed in 0.497.

leaod
March 16th, 2007, 01:43
Thanks deniska this version seens very very nice.
Congratulations to you guys deniska and mib.42 :P

copkilla
March 16th, 2007, 05:43
-
- added CPU clock control to GPS-INFO screen [UP]/[DOWN] - valid settings are 333/222/111
111Mhz could help PSP-290 users to get faster fix since PSP may make less EMP noise at lesser frequencies.

Hello Guys great work!
This new version have a professional look.
Stop the chash with large maps.
But, i cant find where can i change to 111mhz.
When i use de menu, only changes from 222 to 333 and back.

Hugs,
cop

Ops! My Fault!
Change speed using up down keys only works in GPS-INFO screen.

Codaz
March 16th, 2007, 08:39
Wow, i tested this version just a couple of minutes away, and i'm impressed !

Very much progress is been made since 0.47 ! Mapthis no longer chrashes on certain (not available) zoom levels, only memory light is blinking very fast on that levels.

A few bugs still there:
Speed isn't correctly presented in KM/H. When i drive 55 km/h in my car (corrected with garmin) Mapthis says i'm almost driving 70 :S

Also, altitude isn't correctly displayed. At my home i'm at -0.8 meters ? I live almost on the highest point of the street.

Hope you can give me new digits (other than supplied in config.txt) so i can correct this.

Next bug is that it's not clear what the function READ GPS from file contains. When is it READ GPS from UNIT and when the other ??

And how can you read gps from file, where to place that file ?

Thanks to leaod for the very nice graphics, only i liked the previous red arrow a bit more than this blue one.

Track-up mode now works great !, the compass is nice.

But it says Bearing: NE and then in GPS screen, Bearing 67, isn't that a bug ? Or are wind directions digitized ?

111 mhz is working fine !, i think it fixed MUCH faster now, but i have to test that on other places and trips.
My first fix was done UNDER 2 minutes !!

Keep up the good work.

Speedster
March 16th, 2007, 09:40

But it says Bearing: NE and then in GPS screen, Bearing 67, isn't that a bug ? Or are wind directions digitized ?

As I understand:

North: 0
East: 90
South: 180
West: 270

So 67 would be roughly NE or NNE.

Codaz
March 16th, 2007, 11:56
O that cleares something up :)

JoQ
March 16th, 2007, 14:52
I agree with Codaz, big improvements for the GPS-290 unit. I was out testing, 111mhz and it took under 1 min to fix 5 satelites and 10 was in view. Great, great work!

The only thing that i don't like right now is the lack of geodata for Europe and the laggy turnspeed when turning :)

leaod
March 16th, 2007, 16:46
This version works sweet here, but still some problems with Address lookup for UK. I can't put my full postcode because the max chars is 6. So it doens't work for uk at the moment (7 or more).

The MY POIS list when activated just shows the red bullets (circles) I guess it should shows the default.png.

MIB.42
March 16th, 2007, 16:49
Very much progress is been made since 0.47 ! Mapthis no longer chrashes on certain (not available) zoom levels, only memory light is blinking very fast on that levels.

That's exactly what I am looking at at the moment. It's not a bug though, but a simple behaviour decision ( as in trying to read without giving up )...

Also, altitude isn't correctly displayed. At my home i'm at -0.8 meters ? I live almost on the highest point of the street.

I have exactly the same "problem", unfortunately looking at the data reported from the gps, this is a gps issue and not MapThis!.
( If you get satellites only in a small cone, the altitude computation becomes very inprecise due to limited bit representation of the numbers. Check how gps devices compute altitude... )

Next bug is that it's not clear what the function READ GPS from file contains. When is it READ GPS from UNIT and when the other ??

Search for FAKEFEED.

Cheers.

leaod
March 16th, 2007, 16:57
Wow, i tested this version just a couple of minutes away, and i'm impressed !

A few bugs still there:
Speed isn't correctly presented in KM/H. When i drive 55 km/h in my car (corrected with garmin) Mapthis says i'm almost driving 70 :S

Hope you can give me new digits (other than supplied in config.txt) so i can correct this.

Thanks to leaod for the very nice graphics, only i liked the previous red arrow a bit more than this blue one.

111 mhz is working fine !, i think it fixed MUCH faster now, but i have to test that on other places and trips.
My first fix was done UNDER 2 minutes !!

Keep up the good work.

Codaz;
Here comes red arrow ;)
Just replace that for your existent arrows.png file.

Codaz
March 16th, 2007, 23:56
Lol i liked the form factor, not the color ;)

But hey thanks anyway !

Ok a few more testing done. Now i have the 3.10 prx files (both) and it's acquiring a fix VERY fast.

But why should we use different version prx files ? For example 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.10 usbgps.prx

Whats the difference between the prx files and what functions do they have ?

Ok some further test results:

-If you're gps state is OFF in sattelite info screen, take off your psp-290 and reclick it onto your psp, it has to say activating and then it should be ON, and works good.

-Best loc = 1 in GPS mode.

-GPS state on doesn't mean your position is calculated, you have to press square to activate.

-Poi's are still not working correctly, placed all icon's for 3000 gasstations (and in that system/config folder) in correct order, and they don't show up if i load them.

-Mapthis chrashes in track up mode, when map is turned about 65 degrees to the right, with gps on, and then you move the analog stick. It could be a defect tile that i ran into.

-If you have a fix of sattelites, you can set the CPU back to 222 or 333, for better map scrolling.

-111 mhz is way better for you battery, i think 6-7 hours of driving can be done, also consider turning your screen brightness to 2 or 3, not 4 (on 3.x OE)

-Calculate route function doesn't work
I set a marker, and then another one and i press the circle button for the next waypoint, and then the right shoulder button, but no route is calculated or plotted.
Help feature of mapthis doesn't help me out on that.

Ok time for some sleep, good luck !

Lord Kung
March 17th, 2007, 16:26
I've been away for some time. Just downloaded v.0497 to overwrite my 0460. Now i get "game could not be started 80020001" message. No matter what I do I get the error. v.0460 was working just fine for me. Thanks

rhygin
March 17th, 2007, 18:38
Hi deniska, hi MIB.42
I just tested the new version and must say you are doing a great job with this tool.
Now it is possible to enter POIs in all three formats.
The only drawback here is that the length is limited to 10 characters.
I noticed this when I tried my first geocaching tour today and wanted to enter the second waypoint it was not possible because the field length had to be a minimum of 12 characters to enter the waypoint correctly :( So I had to stop this first geocache because it was not possible to edit the _MY_POI file. Hope you will get rid of this limitation in one of the next releases:thumbup:
My wife was like this:rofl: when she saw me struggling to enter the next waypoint.
I promised her you two would help me out here;)
So maybe it will be possible to enter up to 14 characters in one of the next versions.
I guess with 14 characters you will be able to enter every POI in any of the three formats.
Thanks a lot for this great tool.

Skaro
March 18th, 2007, 06:54
Very great work, fabulous software! :thumbup:

But in France the speedlimits on the motorways are in Kmh...How to switch Mph <--->Kmh on the display panel ?

Thanks.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7439/lat435386lon68468170318wr3.png

PSP-290 fw 3.10 OE-A'

MIB.42
March 18th, 2007, 08:36
Very great work, fabulous software! :thumbup:

But in France the speedlimits on the motorways are in Kmh...How to switch Mph <--->Kmh on the display panel ?

As described in the FAQ:

Speed Conversion, edit your config.txt:
SPEEDFIX=1.151 gives you miles per hour
SPEEDFIX=1.8523 gives you kilometres per hour

MIB.42
March 18th, 2007, 08:47
The only drawback here is that the length is limited to 10 characters.

I added this, possible to enter up to 18 characters. Are you using the generic or the 290 version?

deniska, add_poi_menu, int lens[4]= { 37,43,18,18};

rhygin
March 18th, 2007, 10:12
I added this, possible to enter up to 18 characters. Are you using the generic or the 290 version?

deniska, add_poi_menu, int lens[4]= { 37,43,18,18};

Thanks a lot MIB.42
I found the place were you changed the values in main.c and I would compile the source myself if I knew how to.
I've tried to setup my cygwin/psptoolchain/pspsdk development environment a few times already but everytime when I try to compile the source I get loads of errors with file or directory missing etc.
Could you please post a link to a site that explains step for step how to set up the environment and were to place the source files, which libs are needed and where to place everything? Or send me a pm with instructions if possible.
Bye the way I am using the generic version.

Skaro
March 18th, 2007, 11:04
MIB 42 : Thanks for your answer, lot of others wrong questions are very clear now for the poor French guy I am ! :thumbup:

Codaz
March 18th, 2007, 12:31
As described in the FAQ:

Speed Conversion, edit your config.txt:
SPEEDFIX=1.151 gives you miles per hour
SPEEDFIX=1.8523 gives you kilometres per hour

Those values aren't correct ! If i drive 50 km/h Mapthis says i'm driving almost 70 !

The only correct values are present in the Green proggie.

artey
March 18th, 2007, 14:47
Hello I am from Germany and I has a PSP-290 GPS adapter and wanted the new MapThis0497 to use however if I it starts gets I a bluescreen with the error message:

- Loading USB Accessory of modules…. error

which I can make I have the Custom FW 3.10OE a'

MIB.42
March 18th, 2007, 16:57
Those values aren't correct ! If i drive 50 km/h Mapthis says i'm driving almost 70 !

Ok, I'll look at this.

zomarec
March 18th, 2007, 18:11
Hello I am from Germany and I has a PSP-290 GPS adapter and wanted the new MapThis0497 to use however if I it starts gets I a bluescreen with the error message:

- Loading USB Accessory of modules…. error

which I can make I have the Custom FW 3.10OE a'

check if u have a TA-082, if yes go here
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49838
and get a look...

artey
March 18th, 2007, 19:17
It is not am TA-082 board

ejv21
March 18th, 2007, 19:48
WOW... a lot better than the previous version i get fixes in under 2-3 minutes. amazing! the scrolling is a lot better too, keep it up dude. :)

Hero_Sky
March 18th, 2007, 20:50
It is not am TA-082 board

You're supposed to just overwrite some files. The eboot, system, and srs files/folders. Not replace.

artey
March 18th, 2007, 22:00
ok it works i take other prx files :thumbup:

Lord Kung
March 19th, 2007, 19:13
I've been away for some time. Just downloaded v.0497 to overwrite my 0460. Now i get "game could not be started 80020001" message. No matter what I do I get the error. v.0460 was working just fine for me. Thanks
Again, Friends: Sorry but it doesn't work for me. The new eboot v.497 gives me the error. When I put back the old eboot v.460 it works fine. Any help or idea will be appreciated.

Thanks

artey
March 19th, 2007, 22:17
hello after the program now starts has I the problem which I no signal get!! have none flat which I to still make is

deniska
March 19th, 2007, 22:36
Again, Friends: Sorry but it doesn't work for me. The new eboot v.497 gives me the error. When I put back the old eboot v.460 it works fine. Any help or idea will be appreciated.

Thanks
Did you get the correct (PSP-290 version) EBOOT?
and I am assuming you run it under 3.xx kernel..

deniska
March 20th, 2007, 03:08
Lol i liked the form factor, not the color ;)

But why should we use different version prx files ? For example 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.10 usbgps.prx

Whats the difference between the prx files and what functions do they have ?

-Poi's are still not working correctly, placed all icon's for 3000 gasstations (and in that system/config folder) in correct order, and they don't show up if i load them.

-Calculate route function doesn't work
I set a marker, and then another one and i press the circle button for the next waypoint, and then the right shoulder button, but no route is calculated or plotted.
Help feature of mapthis doesn't help me out on that.

Ok time for some sleep, good luck !

about prx files - you should proably use the ones for the FW version that you run. Usually the latest are the best. (for example 2.71 fw gps modules had a bug displaying coordinates for USA and ,according to some forum posts, did not "memorize" last location, which made next session's acquisition longer)

POI icons must be in map's directory.
POI files must start with "_" to be visible.
POI list menu icons are displayed based on keywords in the POI title. For example in order for gasstation icon to be present you need to have the word "GAS" in the POI description.

Routing function currently has little to do with path distance calculator...so you must use gmdl tool to generate a route.. I'll try to improve this in future releases...

As far as "HELP" text goes - if anyone wants to re-write it to be a more useful - send me the text and I'll attach it to next release...

deniska
March 20th, 2007, 03:26

I think the PSP-290 reports the speed in km/h so if you need km/h just put 1 in the speedfix in config.txt file

Russoxley187
March 20th, 2007, 10:27
WOW,
I have been gone for a few months, this version rocks.
I'll test it out today...

Codaz
March 20th, 2007, 23:00
Deniska, here is my created POI file of all gasstations in my area. I hope it's created well.

It doesn't work. If i load it then the 3000 gasstations aren't displayed. If i ADD a poi, then the POI points show up, but WITHOUT the icons.

The following is wrong i think:
-Multiple POI's in the _MAP folder
-Old POI isn't loaded out.
-POI is wrong
-Mapthis failure.

Maybe you can look at it. Hope to see a new Mapthis release soon :thumbup:

Lord Kung
March 21st, 2007, 03:10
Did you get the correct (PSP-290 version) EBOOT?
and I am assuming you run it under 3.xx kernel..
Deniska, I am running under 1.5 with a holux. Got the correct ver. from the holux folder. "game could not be started 80020001". Like I said before, switching back and forth from one eboot to the other v.460 works, v.497 doesn't.

I hope I don't have to get this or that prx. It really gets out of hand when everyone has a different config depending on their firmware. if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the good work.

MIB.42
March 21st, 2007, 03:30
Deniska, I am running under 1.5 with a holux. Got the correct ver. from the holux folder. "game could not be started 80020001". Like I said before, switching back and forth from one eboot to the other v.460 works, v.497 doesn't.

I hope I don't have to get this or that prx. It really gets out of hand when everyone has a different config depending on their firmware. if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the good work.

You need different binaries, use PSPHomeBrew9 to make the 1.5 compatible binaries.
Download from http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspHomebrew9_Install.exe

GiUd@
March 21st, 2007, 13:49
hi guys
i've received now the gps-290 but i have a problem
i've plugged it, then i've opened mapthis 049b and i've choose gps mode...
but it doesn't work

do i have to do something before using my psp-290 gps?

i have 3.03oe-b fw

MIB.42
March 21st, 2007, 16:58
hi guys
i've received now the gps-290 but i have a problem
i've plugged it, then i've opened mapthis 049b and i've choose gps mode...
but it doesn't work

do i have to do something before using my psp-290 gps?

i have 3.03oe-b fw

Can we observe the topics/threads please.
This question has NOTHING to do with developing new code, as a matter of fact not even the previous ones.

Please check FAQs and the NEWS discussions for support issues. Thanks!

GiUd@
March 21st, 2007, 17:37
sorryyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Lord Kung
March 22nd, 2007, 01:21
You need different binaries, use PSPHomeBrew9 to make the 1.5 compatible binaries.
Download from http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspHomebrew9_Install.exe
MIB.42 thank you very much. It works now. Just created 1.5 pbp files from the original.

Thanks again

Milhause
March 22nd, 2007, 13:05
Hi,
i cant find where can i change to 111mhz.
When i use de menu, only changes from 222 to 333 and back.
Help me
Thanks

JoQ
March 22nd, 2007, 13:25
Milhause, go to the GPS Info screen in the menu, press down-button until it is 111mhz. Done!

Milhause
March 22nd, 2007, 15:26
Milhause, go to the GPS Info screen in the menu, press down-button until it is 111mhz. Done!

Thank you

skiingdomo
March 23rd, 2007, 11:51
Hi guys

Anyone got it working on 3.10oe w/ PSP-290??

I get 'error loading USB adaptor' :(

Do I need to change the PRX files? if so how? From what I have found on the net, I need to change my firmware again to actually extract the PRX files?

thanks for any help. have 1 week to get this sorted before im travling in Japan for 10 days!

leaod
March 23rd, 2007, 18:25
Deniska; MIB.42
Using the new version I had some problems using the WIFI map, it doesn't work for me here (PSP-290).

I dont know if its happen just here in London but its better to fix the satellites using the 333 mhz speed or 222 than 111 using location 1. The GPS 290 Test get the sat fixed first . My previous version of mapthis was working as the Green homebrew both very quick.

Another suggestion is to create a folder called POI to put all POI files and any map can use those files from that folder. Otherwise you need to duplicate the same file for 5 maps (as Im doing now).

deniska
March 23rd, 2007, 19:04
Deniska; MIB.42
Using the new version I had some problems using the WIFI map, it doesn't work for me here (PSP-290).

I dont know if its happen just here in London but its better to fix the satellites using the 333 mhz speed or 222 than 111 using location 1. The GPS 290 Test get the sat fixed first . My previous version of mapthis was working as the Green homebrew both very quick.

Another suggestion is to create a folder called POI to put all POI files and any map can use those files from that folder. Otherwise you need to duplicate the same file for 5 maps (as Im doing now).

WIFI module does not seem to work in 3.xx fw - so this will remain off untill we find a way to enable it.

I put different frequiencies so people could find what works best for their PSP and outside conditions... BTW, the test proggie works on 222Mhz..

Putting POIs in a separate folder does not make much sence, since POIs really relate to a sertain area: i.e. it would not make much sence to try to view some british restaurants on a map of France and viceversa... Also, attaching icons to maps - allows better customization...

leaod
March 23rd, 2007, 19:24
WIFI module does not seem to work in 3.xx fw - so this will remain off untill we find a way to enable it.

I put different frequiencies so people could find what works best for their PSP and outside conditions... BTW, the test proggie works on 222Mhz..

Putting POIs in a separated folder does not make much sence, since POIs really relate to a sertain area: i.e. it would not make much sence to try to view some british restaurants on a map of France and viceversa... Also, attaching icons to maps - allows better customization...

Right, maybe just my reality it's a bit different :P
I don't use Mapthis with multi countries map but just to have the full UK map I needed to split it in a lot of maps. Another solution would be just keep the names different into a folder eg: _Petrol_Station_UK , _Petrol_Station_USA.

But don't you worries POI files are all very small.

jpc2
March 23rd, 2007, 20:48
In case any one was having trouble runing this for the holux i found that if you put the mapveiwer folder with the ebbot and etc in the regular game folder and put it in 1.50 kernel it will work jsut fine. dont knwo why but it does.

deniska
March 23rd, 2007, 21:03
- increased lenghts for lat/lon entry fields in ADD POI form
- corrected "Reset Trip Data" logic
- added "record GPS data" [LEFT] button and read from file logic for PSP-290
- made compatible with latest PSPSDK version.

tapioka
March 25th, 2007, 00:46
thank you deniska

Speedster
March 25th, 2007, 04:24
What's the difference between the HOLUX_EBOOT and HOLUX_KXPLOIT eboots?

Wingsword
March 25th, 2007, 18:50
Hi deniska!
Could you fix average speed reading? It is always 0 even in 0.498b.

Thanks for mapThis! Now I can use psp in the car in Moscow, RF.

deniska
March 26th, 2007, 05:57
I'll fix it in the next release...

Codaz
March 26th, 2007, 21:47
Thanks for this new version deniska, but i've found a new problem !

I use those 3.10 prx files, when i attach the psp-290 and go to GPS info screen, it says: GPS state: on / activating / off / on / activating, very very fast switching, like my psp-290 is broken or something.

But if i launch the green proggie, it works (but fixing is slow).

Could you also give the correct value for speed in KM/H, because you said value=1 is good, but it isn't !
I think it should be value=1.6666667, but maybe it depends on HDOP value ?

Also, altitude is still a bit weird.

What nice features have you got in mind for upcoming version 0.50 :) ?
Maybe a small list to make us happy....

deniska
March 28th, 2007, 06:51
I'd like to patch most noticable bugs, make the version a bit more stable and call it 0.5

After that.. I don't know yet.. perhaps:
Internationalization of the text/headers
Some sound support
Perhaps, some additional trip computer features, like Top speed alert, etc..
Some changes to interface - to make it more intuitive..

Codaz
March 28th, 2007, 16:47
I can do Dutch translation if you want, PM me for details. For that i need a list of used words in Mapthis, for example in Excel format or something.

I'm already done with the help file.

zomarec
March 28th, 2007, 17:49
if u need sound

http://www.myspace.com/psoul

Codaz
March 28th, 2007, 17:58
PSP firmware 3.30 is out !
It comes with new usbacc.prx (3.64 kb 0.1 kb smaller than 3.10) and newer usbgps.prx (16,7 kb which is bigger than the 15.4 kb file of 3.10).

So i'm going to test this files right now, pm me if you want them, or decrypt them yourself (see Another Mapthis FAQ for tutorial).

ITA_Bruto
March 28th, 2007, 18:27
What if somebody wants to help with the coding.
Deniska are you thinking to expand the pool of developers?
I was already thinking about adding sound capability, more towards alert messages than music at least at the beginning.
Something like "Connection Lost" or "GPS Activated".

What do you guys think?

deniska
March 28th, 2007, 21:30
What if somebody wants to help with the coding.
Deniska are you thinking to expand the pool of developers?
I was already thinking about adding sound capability, more towards alert messages than music at least at the beginning.
Something like "Connection Lost" or "GPS Activated".

What do you guys think?

Sounds great..
If you think, you are up to the task - just grep the most recent version of the code (should be attached to this thread), make adjustments and post the files that you changed.

Make sure that:
-you do some basic testing of your new additions as well as overall functionality
-you put some comments (with your name/initials) in the plases where you change the code with brief descriptions of what you are trying to achieve by this change...

mmedina
March 29th, 2007, 07:56
Great, really great application!

I live in Japan and I tried last version with PSP-290.

I used 2.71 and 3.03 FW version of the prx files. It works sometimes and it does not some others. The arrow keeps moving (like trembling) almost all the time, and sometimes when I zoom out, PSP freezes and dies. The curious part of this is that the system says I don't have tiles for some parts of the shown map, but I do have them, and it had worked perfectly some other times.

I tried using 3.10 prx files. Although MapThis! starts correctly, PSP freezes and dies. That's why I decided to stick to the previous files.

Maybe those are things already reported by someone else, but anyway I wanted to report them :) I'll keep trying this application whenever I go to the big city (Fukuoka, 1 hour driving) to test the 425 MB I made for it.

Keep the good work!

skiingdomo
March 29th, 2007, 12:48
Hi

Major problem guys. have tried 3.03 and 2.71 prx files.

Have TA-082 psp, and have tried with 3.03 OE C and 3.10 OE software.

My GPS-290 comes up as in the off state. Map This doesnt detect it. The Green prog crashes / just shows loading USB GPS.

Has anyone had this problem? know a fix?

leaod
March 29th, 2007, 17:55
I'd like to patch most noticable bugs, make the version a bit more stable and call it 0.5

After that.. I don't know yet.. perhaps:
Internationalization of the text/headers
Some sound support
Perhaps, some additional trip computer features, like Top speed alert, etc..
Some changes to interface - to make it more intuitive..

Deniska;
Please let me know wich changes are you thinking about and I could help you ;)

ITA_Bruto
March 29th, 2007, 18:52
I'll give it a try on the week-end I'll keep you guys posted.

whilis
March 30th, 2007, 07:36
Hello to all the forum.
Deniska, MIB.42_5, Thank you very much by yours I magnify work.
First of all I request excuses by my terrible English, I am of Barcelona, Spain.

I use firmware 3.10 OE-A', with prx of 3.10 crypteds (decrypteds I obtain results such).
The version of Mapthis is the 0.498.

Based on the tests that I have made to Mapthis, I have a series of doubts that comment next:

- YOU HANG RANDOM OF THE PSP:
When opening maps, making zoom lens, to visualize pois, or simply without touching nothing.

- CIRCLE RED DISCONTINUOUS ON CURSOR:
That means?

- WARNINGDISTANCE in config.txt:
Important for my, WARNINGDISTANCE does not produce any effect, independent of the inserted value,
always shows the warnings, when the cursor is positioned on the icon of poi.
Because it does not work to me?

If the warnings of pois are not noticed in advance, it does not have much utility if audio utility is incorporated to the warnings.

- VISUALIZATION OF POIs
I know that it limits this in 400 registries.
I have created a file with about 300 different registries and about 20 icons.
When visualizing them, registries are lost and others are visualized with the mistaken icon.
Reducing number such of registries to half with 20 icons, they are visualized correctly.
Reducing the icons to 3 and maintaining the 300 registries, also they are visualized correctly.
That relation exists maximum registries and icons?

SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:
- In GPS mode, possibility of invert the bar of information of data to left side.

In Barcelona we lead from the left seat of the car and if you in center have the PSP of the car, is difficult her reading

- When visualizing the menu, The default option selected is speed 330. Serious but useful any other, like for example GPS info, or to load pois.

- Sounds mp3 to each icon of poi.
- Sound of fixation of satellite and lost of fixation of satellite.
- Sounds different for each option from the noticeable menu (not selected), nonserious thus essential to watch the screen while you move by the menus.
For example, you press key start (menu), sound or sample saying "Select option", if the cursor you position on GPS info, sound or sample
saying "information of connection GPS", etc, etc.

As if outside for blind people, since theoretically when you are driving not to clear your look of the highway.
Also serious very I practice a sound type click-click of pulsation of keys.

- Serious very useful that with the GoogleMapsDownLoad you could create pois on your map, with simple click of the mouse, so we ourself
to make our own routes, since those that make the program automatically not always adjusts to our necessities.

Good this is everything, I hope that it is not very difficult to you to interpret all this text.

Thanks to all and in special to Deniska and MIB.42_5 for your great work and disinterested dedication.

A greeting to all the forum

Codaz
March 30th, 2007, 08:38
Hmm some points of what you are saying are also my experiences. POI's still aren't displayed correctly.
Sounds is a hassle, because it increases the size of the program a lot !
Warningdistance doesn't work - agreed.

For the last option - make poi's by just clicking on the map, that is a question for In7ane, as he develops Google Map Download software.

And, now i now why my poi's arent displayed, i have over 3000 gas stations in my poi, but 400 is the limit !

vitalik5k
March 30th, 2007, 12:57
excuse me for question (but i can't list 82 pages). I have GPS-290, 3.10 OE A2 firmware. Should i use 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx (as described in FAQ)? Is there any .prx for 3.10 or 2.71 is OK? What are best? Should i just download them or i need to make them by myself (if they are aqquired to my device)? Thanks

deniska
March 30th, 2007, 15:53
- YOU HANG RANDOM OF THE PSP:
When opening maps, making zoom lens, to visualize pois, or simply without touching nothing.

- CIRCLE RED DISCONTINUOUS ON CURSOR:
That means?

- WARNINGDISTANCE in config.txt:
Important for my, WARNINGDISTANCE does not produce any effect, independent of the inserted value,
always shows the warnings, when the cursor is positioned on the icon of poi.
Because it does not work to me?

If the warnings of pois are not noticed in advance, it does not have much utility if audio utility is incorporated to the warnings.

- VISUALIZATION OF POIs
I know that it limits this in 400 registries.
I have created a file with about 300 different registries and about 20 icons.
When visualizing them, registries are lost and others are visualized with the mistaken icon.
Reducing number such of registries to half with 20 icons, they are visualized correctly.
Reducing the icons to 3 and maintaining the 300 registries, also they are visualized correctly.
That relation exists maximum registries and icons?

SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:
- In GPS mode, possibility of invert the bar of information of data to left side.

In Barcelona we lead from the left seat of the car and if you in center have the PSP of the car, is difficult her reading

- When visualizing the menu, The default option selected is speed 330. Serious but useful any other, like for example GPS info, or to load pois.

- Sounds mp3 to each icon of poi.
- Sound of fixation of satellite and lost of fixation of satellite.
- Sounds different for each option from the noticeable menu (not selected), nonserious thus essential to watch the screen while you move by the menus.
For example, you press key start (menu), sound or sample saying "Select option", if the cursor you position on GPS info, sound or sample
saying "information of connection GPS", etc, etc.

As if outside for blind people, since theoretically when you are driving not to clear your look of the highway.
Also serious very I practice a sound type click-click of pulsation of keys.

- Serious very useful that with the GoogleMapsDownLoad you could create pois on your map, with simple click of the mouse, so we ourself
to make our own routes, since those that make the program automatically not always adjusts to our necessities.

Good this is everything, I hope that it is not very difficult to you to interpret all this text.

Thanks to all and in special to Deniska and MIB.42_5 for your great work and disinterested dedication.

A greeting to all the forum

Random crashes somehow seem to be related to 3.xx kernel since they never happen in 1.5 kernel version. We are looking in to it...

Red circle - suggests the level of accuracy of current measurements and depends on accuracy of current sattelite data (namely HDOP value)

WARNING distance is used in WAYPOINT mode (for routing) the greater the value - the earlier the next waypoint is "noticed".. Setting extremely large values may not work well though, since it may be "grabbing" incorrect waypoints in some cases...

You cannot use more then 10 poi icons per POI file. The POI file can have more than 400 entries in it.. (I tried files with ~ 20000 entries), but only up to 400 closest entries is displayed on screen...

We are looking at implementing basic sound support, etc...

deniska
March 30th, 2007, 15:55
excuse me for question (but i can't list 82 pages). I have GPS-290, 3.10 OE A2 firmware. Should i use 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx (as described in FAQ)? Is there any .prx for 3.10 or 2.71 is OK? What are best? Should i just download them or i need to make them by myself (if they are aqquired to my device)? Thanks

You should not post general installation questions in dev threads...
IMHO, you should use the latest version prx files... and it's best if you extract them from your own FW version...

whilis
March 30th, 2007, 16:56
Deniska:
Thanks for your explanations. In future versions, Is possible to visualize notifications of pois before arriving at them?

Thanks

MIB.42
March 31st, 2007, 00:13
Some sound support

I just finished prototyping and have MP3 playing while GPS tracking is working. With the proper thread settings, it's pretty good! After a lengthy pause - due to work related tasks -, I am back to development now...

mmedina
March 31st, 2007, 03:10
Has anyone tried the new 3.30 PRX files? I'd like to, but don't have enough time this week.

Milhause
March 31st, 2007, 10:37
Has anyone tried the new 3.30 PRX files? I'd like to, but don't have enough time this week.

I decrypte it,

abcdario
March 31st, 2007, 13:47
no se si estare haciendo algo mal,pero los prx de la version 3.10 y 3.30 me dan error cargando modulo en los dos archivos,con las demas versiones no tengo problema,otra cosa q he notado y no se si solo me pasara a mi es q el mapthis se me cuelga a veces con la velocidad de 333 mgh,con 222 y 111 va perfecto.

hay alguna manera q guarde la configuracion de velocidad al salir para no tener q cambiarla siempre al iniciar??
un saludo y fantastico trabajo

wmwoon
March 31st, 2007, 15:15
- increased lenghts for lat/lon entry fields in ADD POI form
- corrected "Reset Trip Data" logic
- added "record GPS data" [LEFT] button and read from file logic for PSP-290
- made compatible with latest PSPSDK version.

anyone has alternate downloading options? coz' i juz can't seem to download the attachment...keeps downloading attachment.php instead of the file...

afiser
March 31st, 2007, 20:30
The new 3.30 prx's dont seems to work, i get an error when MapThis tries to load the gpsacc.prx

Codaz
April 1st, 2007, 16:26
Random crashes somehow seem to be related to 3.xx kernel since they never happen in 1.5 kernel version. We are looking in to it...

Red circle - suggests the level of accuracy of current measurements and depends on accuracy of current sattelite data (namely HDOP value)

WARNING distance is used in WAYPOINT mode (for routing) the greater the value - the earlier the next waypoint is "noticed".. Setting extremely large values may not work well though, since it may be "grabbing" incorrect waypoints in some cases...

You cannot use more then 10 poi icons per POI file. The POI file can have more than 400 entries in it.. (I tried files with ~ 20000 entries), but only up to 400 closest entries is displayed on screen...

We are looking at implementing basic sound support, etc...

Can you expand that ? Because then i can have more then 10 petrol stations.

ringo**
April 2nd, 2007, 07:51
hi,

having trouble downloading 0.497 beta attachment. can you please email me it, or post it again. Wanna get it before i go ahead and order GPS for my psp. Thanks!

Milhause
April 2nd, 2007, 08:38
hi,

having trouble downloading 0.497 beta attachment. can you please email me it, or post it again. Wanna get it before i go ahead and order GPS for my psp. Thanks!
MapThis 0.97

ITA_Bruto
April 2nd, 2007, 18:18
I just finished prototyping and have MP3 playing while GPS tracking is working. With the proper thread settings, it's pretty good! After a lengthy pause - due to work related tasks -, I am back to development now...

Ops, I guess I'm late with mine then ;-).

Codaz
April 3rd, 2007, 00:46

This can already be done. See my other thread, multitask GPS with 99 mhz mode and mp3 playback.

I did it with running Irshell in the background, don't know if that interferes with prx files though.

MIB.42
April 3rd, 2007, 22:35
This can already be done. See my other thread, multitask GPS with 99 mhz mode and mp3 playback.

I did it with running Irshell in the background, don't know if that interferes with prx files though.

... This is very different though, the purpose is not simply being able to play music, but to be able to do voice commands and audio feedbacks besides playing music...

MIB.42
April 3rd, 2007, 22:38

If you really want to do this I'm fine with it, I can do something else...

rataweb
April 3rd, 2007, 23:00
Problems with PSP v3.03OE-C and Holux GPSlim236.

When I run the Map This 0497b Holux version, it appears this messages:

'Impossible runs this game'

I have the correct prx's, because I run the Map This 0497b for the Sony's GPS, it runs fine but doesn't detect my Holux GPS.

Any solution?

Thanks.

g9g9g9
April 4th, 2007, 11:23

I have the correct prx's, because I run the Map This 0497b for the Sony's GPS, it runs fine but doesn't detect my Holux GPS.

Any solution?

Thanks.
Same question as above

MIB.42
April 4th, 2007, 18:53

Any solution?

Thanks.

I am not aware of any message of "Impossible runs this game". It is certainly not in the code nor it is part of the PSP as far as I know.

Are you talking about something like "game could not be started (80020148)" ?

If yes, it's a system setup issue ( like custom kernel selection or 1.5 vs 3.x ) and NOT MapThis. We had a discussion on this, please read page 11...

ITA_Bruto
April 4th, 2007, 19:19
If you really want to do this I'm fine with it, I can do something else...

Actually, I'm getting slammed at work and all my free time is gone, unfortunately I have no idea when I'll be able to code, so please continue.
I'll let you guys know when I get some open developing time.

g9g9g9
April 5th, 2007, 08:57
I am not aware of any message of "Impossible runs this game". It is certainly not in the code nor it is part of the PSP as far as I know.

Are you talking about something like "game could not be started (80020148)" ?

If yes, it's a system setup issue ( like custom kernel selection or 1.5 vs 3.x ) and NOT MapThis. We had a discussion on this, please read page 11...

Solution: Put it in the folder GAME150

Codaz
April 6th, 2007, 22:50
Any news from you Deniska on further devopment of 0.4.99 ?

MIB.42
April 7th, 2007, 07:00
Any news from you Deniska on further devopment of 0.4.99 ?

He is on vacation at the moment.

I have added sound support and currently working on putting it into a usable API for deniska for integration.

I also spent some time with tracking down those mysterious crashes. Found the symptom, now looking at the cause...

jorritprins
April 7th, 2007, 20:51
Dear Deniska and other Mapthis! enthiousiasts!

Its my first post, so I would not dare to ask or write anything, before I told you how much I appreciated the Mapthis software!!!! I tried some of the earlier versions, and today I installed the 0.498 release! Looks great, works great! :thumbup:

Although sat lookup seems a bit slower again with this 0.498 release, and the avg speed remains 0 (already reported), I had one other question. Can the gps.txt data log be used for GPS track visualisation?

The gps.txt included in a previous release could be perfectly opened on this GPS Visualizer site: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ Unfortunately I cannot open the gps.txt generated by Mapthis 0.498. The file format seems also different (its binary now?:confused: )

Here's the complete list of file types that GPS Visualizer recognizes:

.bin Emtac Trine (CRUX_LOG) binary log file
.crs Garmin Training Centre "course" file
.csv Comma-separated text (including Timex Trainer et al.)
.gpx GPX (GPS eXchange format)
.hst Garmin Forerunner XML
.igc IGC log file (from sailplanes)
.kml Google Earth KML
.loc Geocaching.com XML waypoints (not Terrabyte/TopoGrafix!)
.mps Garmin Mapsource TEXT file (not binary)
.nmea Raw NMEA sentences
.ns1 NetStumbler binary log file
.pdb Cetus GPS, Pathaway, or cotoGPS tracks or waypoints (Palm OS)
.pcx PCX5 tracklog
.pgl TomTom text log file (modified NMEA)
.plt OziExplorer tracks
.rdn Fichiers de IGN Rando (français)
.sdf Suunto SDF file
.trk Tracklog: PCX, CompeGPS, GPS Tuner, or Magellan NMEA
.txt Tab-delimited text
.wpt Waypoints: OziExplorer, PCX, CompeGPS, or Magellan NMEA
.xml GPX or Garmin Forerunner Logbook XML
everything else Interpreted as tab- or comma-delimited text

I tried using some different file extensions, but nothing seemed to work....

Anyone suggestions? I hope I can use the gps.txt file again with this http://www.gpsvisualizer.com exactly as it did work for that 'fake feed' gps.txt part of previous Mapthis! Releases….

Many thanks in advance!

JP

MIB.42
April 7th, 2007, 23:33
Dear Deniska and other Mapthis! enthiousiasts!

Its my first post, so I would not dare to ask or write anything, before I told you how much I appreciated the Mapthis software!!!! I tried some of the earlier versions, and today I installed the 0.498 release! Looks great, works great! :thumbup:

Although sat lookup seems a bit slower again with this 0.498 release, and the avg speed remains 0 (already reported), I had one other question. Can the gps.txt data log be used for GPS track visualisation?

The gps.txt included in a previous release could be perfectly opened on this GPS Visualizer site: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ Unfortunately I cannot open the gps.txt generated by Mapthis 0.498. The file format seems also different (its binary now?:confused: )

Here's the complete list of file types that GPS Visualizer recognizes:

.bin Emtac Trine (CRUX_LOG) binary log file
.crs Garmin Training Centre "course" file
.csv Comma-separated text (including Timex Trainer et al.)
.gpx GPX (GPS eXchange format)
.hst Garmin Forerunner XML
.igc IGC log file (from sailplanes)
.kml Google Earth KML
.loc Geocaching.com XML waypoints (not Terrabyte/TopoGrafix!)
.mps Garmin Mapsource TEXT file (not binary)
.nmea Raw NMEA sentences
.ns1 NetStumbler binary log file
.pdb Cetus GPS, Pathaway, or cotoGPS tracks or waypoints (Palm OS)
.pcx PCX5 tracklog
.pgl TomTom text log file (modified NMEA)
.plt OziExplorer tracks
.rdn Fichiers de IGN Rando (français)
.sdf Suunto SDF file
.trk Tracklog: PCX, CompeGPS, GPS Tuner, or Magellan NMEA
.txt Tab-delimited text
.wpt Waypoints: OziExplorer, PCX, CompeGPS, or Magellan NMEA
.xml GPX or Garmin Forerunner Logbook XML
everything else Interpreted as tab- or comma-delimited text

I tried using some different file extensions, but nothing seemed to work....

Anyone suggestions? I hope I can use the gps.txt file again with this http://www.gpsvisualizer.com exactly as it did work for that 'fake feed' gps.txt part of previous Mapthis! Releases….

Many thanks in advance!

JP

This might be an offline tool requirement, which converts the gps data to one of those formats...
The Holux version dumps NMEA, the 290 version the usbgetdata sentences. The latter is a sequence of 48 byte entries, with the following members and offsets :
short year : 0
short month : 2
short date : 4
short hour : 6
short minute : 8
short second : 10
float unknown : 12
float hdop : 16
float unknown : 20
float latitude : 24
float longitude : 28
float altitude : 32
float unknown : 36
float speed : 40
float bearing : 44

This should be a fairly trivial coding challenge...
Any volunteers?

mrdweeb
April 8th, 2007, 20:54
OMG this is cool. I'm pretty much a noobie to this, but am running 0.461s on 3.10ae with no apparent problems. I've made some maps (colorado towns) with gmdl0.4.14b using the tips and tricks tutorial. Thanks to everyone involved in coding this stuff!

psp4h8
April 8th, 2007, 22:10
Happy eastern from germany!
I´ve got a small problem with my psp 290 and mapthis. I´m using fw 3.03oec + MapThis 0.498 tested this with
-2.71 usbacc.prx&3.03 usbgps.prx and
-3.03 usbacc.prx&3.03 usbgps.prx.
both works for me o.k. , but it takes 10 to over 20 minutes since the first fix. (after the first everything works fine until the next restart...) I´ve tryed different cpu speed + Loc settings, but it doesn´t bring any improvement...

The .prx files are downloaded and not generated from my firmware. But it´s also from 3.03. Ore is there any difference?
Is there anybody who had an idea what I should do to get an faster fix?

Milhause
April 9th, 2007, 09:11
Happy eastern from germany!
I´ve got a small problem with my psp 290 and mapthis. I´m using fw 3.03oec + MapThis 0.498 tested this with
-2.71 usbacc.prx&3.03 usbgps.prx and
-3.03 usbacc.prx&3.03 usbgps.prx.
both works for me o.k. , but it takes 10 to over 20 minutes since the first fix. (after the first everything works fine until the next restart...) I´ve tryed different cpu speed + Loc settings, but it doesn´t bring any improvement...

The .prx files are downloaded and not generated from my firmware. But it´s also from 3.03. Ore is there any difference?
Is there anybody who had an idea what I should do to get an faster fix?

Main setting:
FW 3.03 oac
recovery menu: kernl 1.50
usbacc.prx 2.71
usbgps.prx 3.03
Mapthis 0.97 (0.98 have slow fix)
setting in mapthis (config.txt):
BAUD:4800
LOC:1

my experienc first fix max. to 5 min
I living in Czech Republic

psp4h8
April 9th, 2007, 10:47
THANK YOU MR. VAN HOUTEN!!!
4min 5sec! I´ve tested it with 111mhz and it works great.
Before I´ve never changed the "BAUD:" in the config.txt and it seems that the 0.97 version really fixes much faster!

Codaz
April 9th, 2007, 22:42
Milhouse, why do you run it at 1.50 kernel mode ? And what about that change of Baudrate ?

I get a bit tired of those 100 million configs.

"This motherboard with this prx file and this mapthis version and these loc settings".

Ok but i have some new experiences, 3.30 prx seems to have a VERY VERY high HDOP value, it's around 15 !!

Codaz
April 9th, 2007, 22:58
He is on vacation at the moment.

I have added sound support and currently working on putting it into a usable API for deniska for integration.

I also spent some time with tracking down those mysterious crashes. Found the symptom, now looking at the cause...

Could you look at the reported slow sattelite fix speed ?

Many people report that 0.4.98 is much slower in fixing than 0.4.97, why is that ?

MIB.42
April 9th, 2007, 23:16
Could you look at the reported slow sattelite fix speed ?

Many people report that 0.4.98 is much slower in fixing than 0.4.97, why is that ?

Unfortunately I don't have a 290, so I can't.

Deniska has one though...

Milhause
April 10th, 2007, 10:58
Milhouse, why do you run it at 1.50 kernel mode ? And what about that change of Baudrate ?

I get a bit tired of those 100 million configs.

"This motherboard with this prx file and this mapthis version and these loc settings".

Ok but i have some new experiences, 3.30 prx seems to have a VERY VERY high HDOP value, it's around 15 !!

I have seem that 1.50 kernel is very fast for fixing,
mian record is 1.32 min, but only one, never more.
Average 3min.

For gps 290 is baud rate 4800 and for Holux 236 is

BaDaPpLe
April 10th, 2007, 14:25
Im not sure if this goes here or not but.....

Request:

Id like to see a speed setting that you could set in config say like "85" and if and when you reach that speed it could play a mp3 or somthing to the effect of "Slow Down!"

Mabey also a setting that would allow the data panels to be hidden at startup not popup in the way on startup.

Thanks guys for the constant work and upgrades.This app surly has come a looooong way.

Codaz
April 10th, 2007, 17:47
Thanks Milhause, i will try this baudrate and 1.5 kernel.

It's only a bit strange that the Mapthis father, Deniska, doesn't recommend using baudrate 4800 ?? Also not running it under 1.5x kernel.

zeppyrkr
April 10th, 2007, 23:15
Hey i just got my gps-290 , tested with green proggie and everything looks like its working perfect, but wait, longitude : -88.???? , negative that cant be right, do some searching ohh its the 2.71 prx's so well how about i just make my own 3.03 ones, ekkk those crash it, hmm well i have 3.10 oe a' so i guess 3.10 will be the best, green proggie test, longatitude ": -88.??? what the heck, still negative im in wisonsin and i know its not suppose to be negative well i generated a map out southern wisconsin and location is out of range so cant any one help me, ive tried almost every combination of prx's , only one i really havent tried is the mapplus one cause i cant find it, ive also tried map this .46 and the newest one, all say location out of range. help me!! i really want this to work,

deniska
April 11th, 2007, 00:13
I have seem that 1.50 kernel is very fast for fixing,
mian record is 1.32 min, but only one, never more.
Average 3min.

For gps 290 is baud rate 4800 and for Holux 236 is

Baudrate does not apply to PSP-290 version, therefore it does not matter what you put in there....

deniska
April 11th, 2007, 03:39
zeppyrkr (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=188179), see my explanation in the thread that you started in discussion forum

deniska
April 11th, 2007, 03:51
This might be an offline tool requirement, which converts the gps data to one of those formats...
The Holux version dumps NMEA, the 290 version the usbgetdata sentences. The latter is a sequence of 48 byte entries, with the following members and offsets :
short year : 0
short month : 2
short date : 4
short hour : 6
short minute : 8
short second : 10
float unknown : 12
float hdop : 16
float unknown : 20
float latitude : 24
float longitude : 28
float altitude : 32
float unknown : 36
float speed : 40
float bearing : 44

This should be a fairly trivial coding challenge...
Any volunteers?

PSP-290 data is not 100% NMEA compatible (some fields will be missing)
I believe that maplus software actually tries to generate nmea sentences but they hardcode certain things... So in theory, this could be done, but I would not rush in to it... Current PSP-290 raw format is easier to troubleshoot in case of the problem.
As it was mentioned already, gpslim versions should still record some basic nmea sentences (GPGGA, GPRMC), although I striped some of them (sat info, etc) to save space on MS...

jorritprins
April 11th, 2007, 13:59
PSP-290 data is not 100% NMEA compatible (some fields will be missing)
I believe that maplus software actually tries to generate nmea sentences but they hardcode certain things... So in theory, this could be done, but I would not rush in to it... Current PSP-290 raw format is easier to troubleshoot in case of the problem.
As it was mentioned already, gpslim versions should still record some basic nmea sentences (GPGGA, GPRMC), although I striped some of them (sat info, etc) to save space on MS...

Hello,

I contacted the guy (I spoke with Adam) from gpsvisualizer.com and he looked into my gps.txt file from my PSP-290. When you rename your rename the file into .PSP it will perfectly draw your path on a Google Earth Map!!! Works very nice! :)

I still would appreciate very much if there would be some sort of conversion tool with plain txt nmea sentences. Especially because I seem to loose sat fix I would like a possibility to manually extract the bad data. For me very difficult in a binary file (but I'm also not a very technical guy....).:confused:

I also noticed that gps data is reset when you switch off and on the gps record mode. Is there is possibility to save separate file gps1.txt gps2.txt for all record sessions? I think this would be a great additional functionality.

I tried some different INITLOCATION settings, but it still seems a long time to get a sat fix. For me in open air up to 4 minutes. :mad: With previous releases I used to have fixes within one minute... I hope this can be improved with the next release...

Enough complaining..... I'm extremely happy with this tool! Keep up the good (correction... EXCELLENT) work!!!:thumbup:

Greetings from the Netherlands,
JP

deniska
April 11th, 2007, 16:57
Unfortunately I don't have a 290, so I can't.

Deniska has one though...

MIB.42, I should have an extra psp-290 unit somethere in my appartment.. (curtesy of MapThis fans). If I find it - I don't mind shipping it to you, since you seem to contribute alot to code development lately. My only condition is - you may need to ship it back to me or other "active" MapThis dev if you loose interest in the project...
If this sounds ok to you - PM me your mailing address...

MIB.42
April 11th, 2007, 17:31
MIB.42, I should have an extra psp-290 unit somethere in my appartment.. (curtesy of MapThis fans). If I find it - I don't mind shipping it to you, since you seem to contribute alot to code development lately. My only condition is - you may need to ship it back to me or other "active" MapThis dev if you loose interest in the project...
If this sounds ok to you - PM me your mailing address...

Most appreciated, thank you. I am still looking around if one of my friends have one which I can borrow, when I fail to locate one and 290 dev becomes "critical" I'll take you up on the offer, thank you... I plan on wrapping up the mp3 integration today.

btw, your PM mailbox was full a few days ago, it didn't let me to reply to your message... that few days was a long vacation for the fans... ;-)

Codaz
April 12th, 2007, 00:25
Lol, i knew this was coming :) MIB.42 can help us out with the PSP-290 problems.

How was your trip Deniska ?

And i still don't have an answer why 3.30 PRX files are so bad compared to 3.03 ones :(

MIB.42
April 12th, 2007, 05:53
Deniska, here is the first drop on the MP3 support.

This is a development drop and not meant to be for the end-users...

1. The .zip files are .tgz files, just renamed them.
2. New files are the mp3player.c and the libmad...
3. Makefile must include now -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio
4. Look for MIB.42_6 and MIB.42_7 for new code
5. main.c : user_main : search for MP3_ProcessM3U and MP3_PlaySnipet is to demonstrate usage, at the moment simply hijacking config and help menus... Please have a look...

The general design is, that you can call MP3_ProcessM3U with an ASCII M3U file ( list of MP3 names with locations, parsing is very flexible, it doesn't have to be ms0:\blahblah, but G:/MUSIC/blahblah.mp3 is OK as well... ) and the mp3player thread will keep the list playing. At the moment it repeats from beginning once the last song was played.

MP3_PlaySnipet is used to play temporary mp3s, the routine saves the present mp3 song context, plays the provided mp3 than continues where it left off with the song. MP3_PlaySnipet can be called multiple times, you don't have to be worried about finishing the mp3, it will handle interruptions and all the necessary restores.

My design was around the idea, that we can play an mp3list (m3u) and use occasional sound for things like announcements etc, and let the system take care of restoring the music play.

The is NO sound mixing, there is only ONE wave being played at a time.

Let me know... I will now work on some more search functions which were requested...

Cheers,
MIB.42

Codaz
April 12th, 2007, 22:21
Lol that libmad seems to big big now.

Thanks for the sound support MIB.42

Maybe you can add AAC, as it is much smaller then mp3. Or ogg (open-source).

MIB.42
April 13th, 2007, 02:51
Lol that libmad seems to big big now.

Thanks for the sound support MIB.42

Maybe you can add AAC, as it is much smaller then mp3. Or ogg (open-source).

fyi, the mp3 play capabilities ( libmad and a few extra code to handle snippets, m3u etc... ) adds only about 100K to the executable...

MIB.42
April 13th, 2007, 02:57
I added wide search as requested ( super-relaxed search ), it is possible to find streetnames without numbers and it is enough to specify the first 3 characters only... I found it quite useful myself as well... good idea plastikowl...

The behavior in the address lookup is :
1st. Exact Search : It tries to find the exact, specified address. If it fails :
2nd. Relaxed Search : It tries to find the number and streetname, where the streetname can be a few characters (min 3) at the beginning only. It gives a list of hits. If it fails :
3rd. Wide Search : It simply looks at the street name and lists all the matching ones. Streetname matching is same as in Relaxed Search...

( again, it's a .tgz file )

JoQ
April 13th, 2007, 07:23
When will we see a new update, with all this new put in? I wanna try it :D

deniska
April 13th, 2007, 19:42
Deniska, here is the first drop on the MP3 support.

This is a development drop and not meant to be for the end-users...

1. The .zip files are .tgz files, just renamed them.
2. New files are the mp3player.c and the libmad...
3. Makefile must include now -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio
4. Look for MIB.42_6 and MIB.42_7 for new code
5. main.c : user_main : search for MP3_ProcessM3U and MP3_PlaySnipet is to demonstrate usage, at the moment simply hijacking config and help menus... Please have a look...

The general design is, that you can call MP3_ProcessM3U with an ASCII M3U file ( list of MP3 names with locations, parsing is very flexible, it doesn't have to be ms0:\blahblah, but G:/MUSIC/blahblah.mp3 is OK as well... ) and the mp3player thread will keep the list playing. At the moment it repeats from beginning once the last song was played.

MP3_PlaySnipet is used to play temporary mp3s, the routine saves the present mp3 song context, plays the provided mp3 than continues where it left off with the song. MP3_PlaySnipet can be called multiple times, you don't have to be worried about finishing the mp3, it will handle interruptions and all the necessary restores.

My design was around the idea, that we can play an mp3list (m3u) and use occasional sound for things like announcements etc, and let the system take care of restoring the music play.

The is NO sound mixing, there is only ONE wave being played at a time.

Let me know... I will now work on some more search functions which were requested...

Cheers,
MIB.42

I just started to looks at the latest additions..
So far I have a couple of questions:
1) Is there a minimal mp3 file size that the lib can play? I am having problems playing small mp3s - beeps for key presses, etc...
2) The 1.5 version ocasionally hangs on exit...

Codaz
April 13th, 2007, 22:39
JoQ, not so hasty with new functions. We need a new stable PSP-290 version :) 0.4.99 version :)

MIB.42
April 13th, 2007, 23:01
I just started to looks at the latest additions..
So far I have a couple of questions:
1) Is there a minimal mp3 file size that the lib can play? I am having problems playing small mp3s - beeps for key presses, etc...
2) The 1.5 version ocasionally hangs on exit...

1. Hmmm, I just tried a 3K file and libmad reports LOSTSYNC. Even one without idtags... I will debug this...

2. I only test/debug'd this for the 290 and made sure it compiled for the Holux. I'll switch to 1.5kernel and check it, but at the moment there is no cleanup I know... It's on the to-do list of mine...

MIB.42
April 14th, 2007, 09:04
1. Hmmm, I just tried a 3K file and libmad reports LOSTSYNC. Even one without idtags... I will debug this...

2. I only test/debug'd this for the 290 and made sure it compiled for the Holux. I'll switch to 1.5kernel and check it, but at the moment there is no cleanup I know... It's on the to-do list of mine...

Here is a fix for the MP3 play problem, there is still a minor bug I will check tomorrow ( occasional repeats, I know where the problem is, but too tired to fix it right now ), but now you can play any sized files ( I hope )...

plastikowl
April 14th, 2007, 20:15
MIB, would you happen to have a useable binary with the updated search functions compiled in? ;)

I realize it's not a new 'release' but without any idea on how far off that is it'd be great to have it available to play with. I lack the know-how and the tools to add it and compile it myself :P

MIB.42
April 14th, 2007, 21:42
MIB, would you happen to have a useable binary with the updated search functions compiled in? ;)

I realize it's not a new 'release' but without any idea on how far off that is it'd be great to have it available to play with. I lack the know-how and the tools to add it and compile it myself :P

I can definitely use some testing...
The version I put up is a DEVELOPMENT release, which means there is NO GPS access in this one, please test the search only.

Only deniska puts up release versions. ( Coders' Code of Honor )

Skaro
April 14th, 2007, 22:00
I should wait a long time before fix stalletite (15~30 mn) with the PSP-290...all my friends have the same problem...I don't know if Deniska could improve this point ?

ShUr1k3n
April 15th, 2007, 12:57
I can definitely use some testing...
The version I put up is a DEVELOPMENT release, which means there is NO GPS access in this one, please test the search only.

Only deniska puts up release versions. ( Coders' Code of Honor )

When i try to run this app. I just got a fast orange screen, and then the psp return's to XMB menu.

Any help?

MIB.42
April 15th, 2007, 18:00
When i try to run this app. I just got a fast orange screen, and then the psp return's to XMB menu.

Any help?

I assume you renamed it, right? Which version you are trying? What's your firmware and kernel settings?

MIB.42
April 15th, 2007, 18:00

Any help?

I assume you renamed the file, right? Which version you are trying? What's your firmware and kernel settings?

Codaz
April 15th, 2007, 22:40
Hmm, does the mp3 function work out right Deniska ?

deniska
April 16th, 2007, 03:45
Sorry, guys, I was away from my pc all weekend. I'll try to incorporate the latest changes and release them in a day or two... so please be patient.

ShUr1k3n
April 16th, 2007, 13:51
I assume you renamed the file, right? Which version you are trying? What's your firmware and kernel settings?

Right, i renamed to EBOOT.PBP .

I'm trying the Holux Version.

Firmware 3.10 OE with kernel 1.5.

azure406
April 16th, 2007, 16:13
who can share lastest xx.prx file for 3.30 OE??appreciate it.

JoQ
April 16th, 2007, 21:06
Something i'm really waiting for is road-directions when using Adress lookup. As it is now it's only a dot and a line to the "goal", road-directions like the one you get when using GMDL but in realtime (using only Map This!)

When will this be avalible?

plastikowl
April 17th, 2007, 04:28
Something i'm really waiting for is road-directions when using Adress lookup. As it is now it's only a dot and a line to the "goal", road-directions like the one you get when using GMDL but in realtime (using only Map This!)

When will this be avalible?

I can't imagine that it would be anytime soon. It's a sophisticated thing to get working directions, GMDL is able to use google to get these directions., on the other hand, if you take just a few moments to look at the map while plotting your directions, it's not hard to find a route yourself.

Milhause
April 17th, 2007, 08:38
who can share lastest xx.prx file for 3.30 OE??appreciate it.

visit page 15 and search

whilis
April 17th, 2007, 10:36
visit page 15 and search

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=407787&posted=1#post407787

azure406
April 17th, 2007, 14:15
visit page 15 and search

Thank you very much~~~~
:thumbup: :thumbup:

D3nn1s
April 17th, 2007, 16:57
Hey guys, i got a problem. I've tried to create some POI's in mapthis and also i created a route in gmdl. I put them in the map folder, opened them, there's a small load but nothing shows up ? I can't see any POI's then ?!? Using latest stable mapthis with 3.03 oe-c and 2.71 bzw 3.03 prx files...

jades2000
April 17th, 2007, 19:51
Hello Y'all!
I am a nubee. Got interested in the psp-gps and decided to buy the psp + holux 240 + chinese GPSP wire. Downgraded - presently running 3.03 OE-B, folder: 1.5 PSP/GAME, Enabled No UMD, turned WiFi off.
Installed green screen program (236Slim - gps viewer) Works fine.
Installed MapThis 046, tried 4800 baud rate and set FAKEFEEd to 0, running MapThis continues to give me a DATA:NO, all zeros - looks like mapthis cannot see my gps.
Any ideas?

ejv21
April 18th, 2007, 00:43
wow!!!! the wide search thing is great I found a ridiculous amount of streets I never knew existed in different areas lol good job hopefully it can be intergraded soon into a final release along with the mp3 idea with the beeping, wow this is defiantly coming along well.

deniska
April 18th, 2007, 00:59
Hey guys, i got a problem. I've tried to create some POI's in mapthis and also i created a route in gmdl. I put them in the map folder, opened them, there's a small load but nothing shows up ? I can't see any POI's then ?!? Using latest stable mapthis with 3.03 oe-c and 2.71 bzw 3.03 prx files...
Post you poi/route files and specify the area that you try to load them with - I'll take a look..

BTW, did your copy the poi images in to the map's folder?

deniska
April 18th, 2007, 01:00
Hello Y'all!
I am a nubee. Got interested in the psp-gps and decided to buy the psp + holux 240 + chinese GPSP wire. Downgraded - presently running 3.03 OE-B, folder: 1.5 PSP/GAME, Enabled No UMD, turned WiFi off.
Installed green screen program (236Slim - gps viewer) Works fine.
Installed MapThis 046, tried 4800 baud rate and set FAKEFEEd to 0, running MapThis continues to give me a DATA:NO, all zeros - looks like mapthis cannot see my gps.
Any ideas?
Put 38400 as your baud...

deniska
April 18th, 2007, 01:05
I can't imagine that it would be anytime soon. It's a sophisticated thing to get working directions, GMDL is able to use google to get these directions., on the other hand, if you take just a few moments to look at the map while plotting your directions, it's not hard to find a route yourself.

Roadnav is the only (known to me) open-source software that does route calculation using free TIGER Line data (US only). I checked the most recent builds and so far it failed to plot a reasonable route for a number of destinations... so yeah -for now you are better of asking google for directions....

jades2000
April 18th, 2007, 04:39
I got blinded by some posts I read and kept setting th baud rate to 4800 ...never tried the default setting of 38400! Thanks Deniska!
(PSP-3.03 OE-B,Holux240,Mathis0.497beta)

If someone could give some pointers on tools you use for to building the source files, that would be great! Anybody use eclipse?(do state plugins?) to compile the source files.

deniska
April 18th, 2007, 06:01
I use plain cygwin, pspsdk and psplibs all available from ps2dev.org svn.

pspesto
April 18th, 2007, 10:50
I got blinded by some posts I read and kept setting th baud rate to 4800 ...never tried the default setting of 38400! Thanks Deniska!
(PSP-3.03 OE-B,Holux240,Mathis0.497beta)

If someone could give some pointers on tools you use for to building the source files, that would be great! Anybody use eclipse?(do state plugins?) to compile the source files.

It's not your fault, ALL guides mention to set Slim 240 to BAUD=4800, that's why I did the same. Now set to BAUD=38400 works fine.

My setting are similar to yours, however my GPS did not follow me neither did point my coordinates. In fact nothing moves. It's supposed to move the map as I move right?

How do I make this thing lock in where I am at? I mean I just move the pointer is around the screen and stays there the whole time.

OK I figured it out, I looked up my address and BINGO it found right on the spot, but the I put GPS MODE ON and the thing doesn't follow me wherever I go to :-(

It says 12 sat-in-view, a bunch of numbers and in SATELLITE INFO fills with numbers as well, except for SNR:00 it's all zeros.

Also Bearing and Altitude shows this "--".

The screenshots I see around has numbers in Beargin and Altitude and got the bars green while mine are red empty outlines.

Please someone help!! I just want the think to follow me!! By the way is MARKER ON to mark the point of departure?

These are my current settings:

3.03 oe-c (about to move up to 3.30 oe)
HOLUX 240
MapThis! 0.498 HOLUX kxploit
BAUD=38400

Mmm... I didn't bother about usbacc.prx, usbgps.prx since HOLUX 240 uses the phone jack.
Of course I didn't forget to congratulate the coders for this wonderful app enhancing even further the functionality of the PSP.

Lastly a few thoughts and question regarding what's planned on the roadmap for MapThis! (lol a map for MapThis!).

1- Music, since HOLUX is taking the audio jack is not possible to connect through there to speakers. How would it be possible to play music in the background while the GPS is on? Would it be possible to, somehow, use the USB for external sound?

2- Even better, is it planned to adapt PSP's gps driver to HOLUX's? Then use HOLUX with the USB and audio jack for music. I mean, GPS signal is GPS wherever right?

3- Would it be possible to have an option in MapThis! do disable Bluetooth on the Holux? I don't think is being used and prolly drains the battery faster than it would without it.

4- Just an hypothesis, I see that 0498 has a Kxploit, which means Kernel mode consequently running faster. Would it be possible to use ME for graphics or some stuff in order to offload processing?

5- Since PSP alreayd has IR keyboard drivers how long will it take to make one for XBOX 360 qwerty thumb keyboard (http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/09/xbox-360s-qwerty-thumb-keyboard-is-official/)? It would be ideal for text input adresses!!

Ok thank you all, this is my second day trying MapThis! right after getting HOLUX :-)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Skaro
April 18th, 2007, 12:48
Yesterday nigth I have tryed Mapthis with the 3.30 OE-A fw, It looks good for the speed in Km/h.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8229/lat434781lon67423170421oy4.png

but I sould always get the satellites out my car to fix them...i don't know why :rolleyes:

deniska
April 18th, 2007, 17:09
It says 12 sat-in-view, a bunch of numbers and in SATELLITE INFO fills with numbers as well, except for SNR:00 it's all zeros.

1- Music, since HOLUX is taking the audio jack is not possible to connect through there to speakers. How would it be possible to play music in the background while the GPS is on? Would it be possible to, somehow, use the USB for external sound?

2- Even better, is it planned to adapt PSP's gps driver to HOLUX's? Then use HOLUX with the USB and audio jack for music. I mean, GPS signal is GPS wherever right?

3- Would it be possible to have an option in MapThis! do disable Bluetooth on the Holux? I don't think is being used and prolly drains the battery faster than it would without it.

snr=0 probably means that you do not have a fix.
You can tell if you do by looking at your receiver's light (read the manual)

You can't re-rute music through USB but it should be possible to adjust the cable wiress and send audio to some other speakers

You can't control holux from PSP - PSP only reads the holux data.. To write something back - you'll need a much more complicated cable addapter (with some voltage up-converter)

azure406
April 19th, 2007, 01:55
could somebody email me the whole working mapview folder without maps? For 3.30 oe!!!
I 've been stuck here for several days~~
Thanks a lot
[email protected]

pspesto
April 19th, 2007, 04:28
could somebody email me the whole working mapview folder without maps? For 3.30 oe!!!
I 've been stuck here for several days~~
Thanks a lot
[email protected]

Here is version 0.497
Mapthis! 0.497 version (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54109&page=8)

And here is the 0.498 version
Mapthis! 0.498 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=385051&postcount=120)

And by the way, can you be a bit more specific? What Firmware are you using? Which GPS are you using? What motherboard? You need to take in consideration all that stuff. How are you stuck?

This is what happened to me. Got the latest and the Readme said "replace your corresponding EBOOT". Err, WTF?! Nevermind pick the 0.498 binaries somewhere over this topic. It has all the proper folders unlike 0.497 rar doesn't just tell you "Replace EBOOT on your folder" (say wha???!!).

;)

RE: DENISKA

snr=0 probably means that you do not have a fix.
You can tell if you do by looking at your receiver's light (read the manual)

Hi, thanks for describing what's wrong. And also the bars aren't green here they are red. But I don't get it, why do I get SAT info, Altitude, azimuth and more and I can't get those red bars turn Green? I mean if I get the info it's saying that I AM ALREADY detecting the satellites.

And the manual is supposed to be this WIKI (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21)? Or there something more that I am missing?

Oh, one last thing, on my 3.03 oe-c everytime I plug in Holux GPS this icon with rounded corners saying POPS (musical symbol) and when I unplug it says POPS OFF.

Thanks again...

deniska
April 19th, 2007, 06:24
Seeing satellites and locking on them are 2 different things.... you need to be locked on at least 3 sattelite to get 1 green bar...
Read your gps manual or research how gps works before you post...

Codaz
April 19th, 2007, 11:07
Deniska, any progress on the mp3 integration from MIB.42 ?

Hope to see a new stable version soon :cool:

deniska
April 19th, 2007, 15:23
Sorry I got swapped with projects at work.. and did not do much just yet....but
it should be coming soon...

Milhause
April 19th, 2007, 17:57
Strong signal in my house by windows with GPS 290

:thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0b2xSP_1Y:thumbup:

MIB.42
April 20th, 2007, 05:04
Sorry I got swapped with projects at work.. and did not do much just yet....but
it should be coming soon...

Same here, it was a busy week, wasn't able to touch code... Should be better in a few days...

plastikowl
April 20th, 2007, 08:36
say, is there a way from within mapthis to delete POI's? couldn't find anything. Would be useful :P

deniska
April 20th, 2007, 16:05
As of now, you can't edit POI's from within Mapthis...

To do so, you'll need to open POI files with some external application...

Codaz
April 20th, 2007, 21:22
Strong signal in my house by windows with GPS 290

:thumbup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0b2xSP_1Y:thumbup:

Is it better to run on 3.30OE or 3.10OE ?

Milhause
April 20th, 2007, 23:45
Is it better to run on 3.30OE or 3.10OE ?

from my experience is better 3.30OE, good signal (fix) in Bus and Tram.
I had before 3.03OE poor signal and non fixing in Bus and Tram

tomorrow I test prx files from 3.40 FW

felipeou
April 21st, 2007, 13:40
Is that possible to search for a ZIP code in this latest version?

IF so, where can I find this feature?
Thanks a lot

MIB.42
April 21st, 2007, 21:30
Is that possible to search for a ZIP code in this latest version?

IF so, where can I find this feature?
Thanks a lot

Not at the moment, but it's a good idea, I will add it...

Raiderman
April 22nd, 2007, 16:07
Download link is only giving me 60 KB ??

Codaz
April 22nd, 2007, 17:30
from my experience is better 3.30OE, good signal (fix) in Bus and Tram.
I had before 3.03OE poor signal and non fixing in Bus and Tram

tomorrow I test prx files from 3.40 FW

Why do you have different PRX files ? 2.71 usb and 3.x gps ?

Why not both 3.x ?

Deniska, are you implementing birds eye view in a next release ?

A bit like this:

http://www.gpsmagazine.com/assets/Review-Magellan3000T/navigating_4.gif

Milhause
April 22nd, 2007, 23:41
[QUOTE=Codaz;411340]Why do you have different PRX files ? 2.71 usb and 3.x gps ?

Why not both 3.x ?

because 2.71 have fast fixing I tried more, more variant and 2.71 + 3.03 ist best

felipeou
April 23rd, 2007, 01:33
Not at the moment, but it's a good idea, I will add it...

That Would be very usefull

what about tracing a route from a zip code to another one?

Is that possible to do?
Sorry to bother you, but since I saw so many people giving some idas..I'm sharing mine with guys...

Really awesome work
[ ]'s

deniska
April 23rd, 2007, 04:13
Deniska, are you implementing birds eye view in a next release ?

A bit like this:

http://www.gpsmagazine.com/assets/Review-Magellan3000T/navigating_4.gif

Unlikely, since mapthis does not use vector maps...

MIB.42
April 23rd, 2007, 06:12
Unlikely, since mapthis does not use vector maps...

Hmmm, projecting the maps as textures onto a tilted polygrid? :cool:

We should be focusing on basic features first... :p

Skaro
April 23rd, 2007, 11:02
The last usbgps.prx file from fw 3.40 is fully compliant with the last release of MapThis.... :-)

sirluke
April 23rd, 2007, 13:11
hmm i still cannot get this to work

EDIT: ok i managed to get it working i changed the kernal settings on the recover menu :)

deniska
April 23rd, 2007, 18:32
Hmmm, projecting the maps as textures onto a tilted polygrid? :cool:

We should be focusing on basic features first... :p
Exactly!.. Speaking of which, I am having random hangups in the generic version (which used to be pretty stable)... I think they may have something to do with the recent changes that you did to utils and graphics files...so I may need to reverse those until futher notice...

deniska
April 23rd, 2007, 18:34
The last usbgps.prx file from fw 3.40 is fully compliant with the last release of MapThis.... :-)
Cool, thanks for the info...

Codaz
April 23rd, 2007, 22:46
But is this 3.40 usbgps better than others ?

Skaro
April 24th, 2007, 00:16
But is this 3.40 usbgps better than others ?

In fact it's the same size we can find in the 3.30 fw (32 Ko decrypted)
Good behaviour at the moment.

MIB.42
April 24th, 2007, 12:58
Exactly!.. Speaking of which, I am having random hangups in the generic version (which used to be pretty stable)... I think they may have something to do with the recent changes that you did to utils and graphics files...so I may need to reverse those until futher notice...

Sure, no problem. I'll check as well... Before you remove the mods though, make sure there are no active calls for the ms_write_log. I found that if I'm dumping to the ms, things tend to have hickups... ( not a real surprise )

In utils.c, there are simple error checkings only except for that for (i=1; i<5; i++) { line.

In graphics.c again, mostly error checkings except for the printTextScreen which I think is pretty obvious.

So, I don't see any major setbacks if you replace these, except the degree sign will not be shown...

I have been looking at the image memory allocation routines (those memaligns and associated linklists), I started tracking their allocs and frees and have some interesting results... More investigation is needed though, I haven't arrived to any conclusion yet, I want to understand the full process more... It seems that there is plenty of data not being free'd even if there is need for more. Except for that garbage_collection thread of course, which is not running quite frequently... I found problems mostly when you are changing zoom levels...

coach777
April 24th, 2007, 15:46
To Deniska
These my attempts to add Russian in the program...
but when i compile using make kxploit the program does not work with GPS and i don't understand why.. :confused:
http://files.filefront.com//;7329675;;/

deniska
April 24th, 2007, 22:12
coach777,
I did not have a chance to test the holux binary, but the PSP-290 one seems to works just fine...

Your make file for the holux build should look something like this:

TARGET = mapViewer
PSPSDK=$(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
PSPBIN = $(PSPSDK)/../bin

PSP_EBOOT_ICON = ICON0.PNG
PSP_EBOOT_PIC1 = PIC1.PNG

################################################## #################
#PSP-290/USB versionSPECIFIC DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
#BUILD_PRX = 1
#CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG
#LDFLAGS = -mno-crt0 -nostartfiles
#LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsprtc -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpspusb -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lc -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -g

#HOLUX GPSlim236+ version DEFINITIONS::uncomment the lines below
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -DDANZEFF_SCEGU -DNDEBUG -DGENERIC
LIBS = -lpspdebug -lpsphprm_driver -lpsprtc -lpspvfpu -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsppower -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lm -lpspwlan -lmad -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio

OBJS = main.o \
graphics.o \
font.o \
utils.o \
attractions.o \
nmeap01.o \
danzeff.o \
NavigateCalculations.o \
sceUsbGps.o \
geo-client.o

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP
PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = mapViewer

include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak
------------------------------------------------------

Make sure that you run holux build under 1.5 kernel and PSP-290 under 3.xx kernel...

If nothing else helps - try updating your PSPSDK with psptoolchain script

Mobz87
April 24th, 2007, 22:52
So will there be a lots of difference language in the next update?

I would gladly translate mapthis into Danish :-D

MIB.42
April 25th, 2007, 11:26

I went back to the generic version and has been testing it for like half an hour+ with several maps in huge/small ranges going crazy on zooming, moving etc. Never had any hangups... Can I have your dataset where you are experiencing problems?
( I am running 3.03OE-B in 1.5 mode. )

deniska
April 25th, 2007, 22:05
So will there be a lots of difference language in the next update?

I would gladly translate mapthis into Danish :-D
Yes, I'll try to throw in some generic localization bundle where users can specify their native character set and translate all "hardcodded" messages to their native tong...
It would look something like (short example of russian translation bundle):

#define your charset here
LOCAL_CHARSET=ÀÁÂÃÄŨÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞß

#define your message translation here
::: HELP :::=::: ÏÎÌÎÙÜ :::
::: CONFIGURATION :::=::: ÊÎÍÔÈÃÓÐÀÖÈß :::
::: SELECT ACTION :::=::: ÂÛÁÅÐÈÒÅ ÄÅÉÑÒÂÈÅ :::
::: SELECT MAP :::=::: ÂÛÁÎÐ ÊÀÐÒÛ :::

The user will also need to generate the font for the local character set in a form of png file as show in the attachement...

deniska
April 25th, 2007, 22:12
I went back to the generic version and has been testing it for like half an hour+ with several maps in huge/small ranges going crazy on zooming, moving etc. Never had any hangups... Can I have your dataset where you are experiencing problems?
( I am running 3.03OE-B in 1.5 mode. )

I ran 1.5 mode on 3.10OE. The hanging is sporatic.
It ussually happen when I switch maps a few times and then try to load some POIs...
Let me test it a bit more before I post my setup...

Codaz
April 26th, 2007, 00:46
Deniska why do you advice running PSP-290 on 3.x kernel ? Faster fixing is reported on 1.5 kernel mode by several users.

Also be aware to upgrade to 3.40OE-A.

Almost 70% of the files in Flash0 have been changed by $ony.

See here:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=85249

I'm as you all know an experienced user of mapthis, but now my psp is messed up by upgrading from 3.10OE-A2 to 3.40OE-A. It seems that it has something to do with your psp region and flash1. I get the loading usb module error....?

Going to fix that first :(

plastikowl
April 26th, 2007, 08:33
I just upgraded to 3.40 OE and am happy to say that everything still works.

I did however fix my corrupted idstorage key a few weeks ago. Maybe it's a contributing factor.