PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable quests hit Monster Hunter 2 in Japan

wraggster
February 24th, 2007, 20:45
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/23/downloadable-quests-hit-monster-hunter-2-in-japan/)

Yesterday in Japan, Monster Hunter fans were able to go to their local game stores and download new quests from the demo kiosk's "PlayStation Spot". In addition to quests and more, PSP owners who don't own Monster Hunter Portable 2nd can download a demo of the game.

With reports of Monster Hunter 2 coming outside of Japan, let's hope this additional content is either included in the version we get, or that we can similarly download the content. I personally dig the idea of downloadable content on the PSP and I hope more games start to feature it. Does downloadable content appeal to you as well?

Boardman2411
February 24th, 2007, 20:53
Downloadable content would be cool for the PSP, but isn't it copying off things like the downloadable content from Xbox live

foxzoner
February 24th, 2007, 21:14
see? that a way to get people to buy games! keep it up!

valar
February 24th, 2007, 22:02
it's always a great way to improve gameplay by downloading extras.keep it up capcom.

punkypine
February 24th, 2007, 22:09
wipeout had it and it was cool , dunno wtf is wrong with every other game.

Ihavenolife
February 24th, 2007, 22:32
It's a wonderful idea with only one drawback

Keep it cheap or, in this case, free, and they'll be selling a lot more games

DarthPaul
February 24th, 2007, 23:53
Ugh!! Japanese gamers as lucky as always!

Buddy4point0
February 24th, 2007, 23:56
they need 2 stop giving japan 99% of the good stuff. share the love sony

jimmi
February 25th, 2007, 01:24
this would rock but i get the internal error wen i try to go on internet on ma psp

Buddy4point0
February 25th, 2007, 05:49
what do you mean the internal error? im sure it can be fixed

Psyberjock
February 25th, 2007, 14:12
they need 2 stop giving japan 99% of the good stuff. share the love sony

Well the US got Monster Hunter Portable, but relatively no one bought it. Japan gets more because the tastes in games are much more robust here. The US gamers, in general, like only a few types of games.

As proof, I'll refer you to the newspost one or two days earlier about the old Japanese PSone games that were released for the PSP in the Playstation Store. Who in the US likes hamster games or games about managing drugstores? Not so many people. Here in Japan, quite a few.

But in the end, if you really want to, you can always import. :thumbup: