PDA

View Full Version : Emulator Port Requests?

Zion
February 25th, 2007, 00:17
Once i have finished my chip8 emulator (just a few things to fix before i release the final version)

i am going to port another emulator to the psp.

Is there any sdl (i might port something that doesnt use sdl) emulator (old console preferably - gameboy amiga etc) that you would like me to port to the psp?

if so post here :p

if you want to be really nice , post the source to the emulator you want me to port ;)

cheers

BTW - I would be willing to port a visual boy emu if there is one coded in sdl out there :p

DPyro
February 25th, 2007, 00:48
Heheh, good luck with that ;)

Anonymous D
February 25th, 2007, 13:49
Sega cd? perhaps just for one game, theres one for gp2x i think, you could use the source from that.

kingkillergrave
February 25th, 2007, 15:07
Sega cd? perhaps just for one game, theres one for gp2x i think, you could use the source from that.

That would be cool, here's the page for it with the source download.

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Picodrive

Zion
February 25th, 2007, 15:19
a pc version of a sega cd would be easier to port, that one is optimised to make use of the gp2xs dual cpus so it would make it harder.

il look for some pc ones ;)

Anonymous D
February 25th, 2007, 15:37
try gens or gens plus

gunntims0103
February 25th, 2007, 16:50
i want to help.... erm learn :)

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 03:42
Port PJ64. That way, for psp, we'll have some competition. When there is competition, stuff gets done. The funniest thing is though, no one really competes.
http://www.pj64.net/main/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=37&func=select&id=3
there's a link to some of the sources

V3N0M
February 26th, 2007, 03:49
Zion and myself are currentaly working on an emulator that will be made from scratch ( For the PSP of course :rofl: ). It will remain a secret for now... :D

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 03:56
I'm guessing, sega 32x. Nah, idk, when will the info be released? Stupid....curiosity...

shango46
February 26th, 2007, 04:38
I dont know about everyone else, but I would like to see a good Dosbox emulator based on the 0.65 core released. Imagine how cool it would be to play Wolfenstein 3D at full speed on the PSP! Or Warcraft 2? Here is a link to the source for it.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox/dosbox-0.65.tar.gz?download

Another emulator I would like to see done would be Snes9x 1.5. I know there is already a SNES emu out there, but lets face it, its not exactly the best. Here is the source for Snes9x 1.5

http://files.ipherswipsite.com/snes9x/snes9x-1.5-src.tar.bz2

psiko_scweek
February 26th, 2007, 04:45
well i doubt given their experience (no offense meant at all) that they will be able to get a better SNES or DOSbox than we have.

PocketStation is my request, it seems only fitting actually.

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 07:03
PocketStation does seem pretty cool and sort of on the easy side. I would love to see it done.
I don't think they are doing that. I am just trying to think of a system that wouldn't be thought of that is extraordinarily difficult to make. Then again, it could be dreamcast if we are lucky. Maybe saturn or even 3DO. I am also think Game.com or Jaguar/Cd. I've got lots of ideas but only time will tell i guess...

OOOOO, please be VirtualBoy. That system rocked!!

pibs
February 26th, 2007, 07:10
is it possible to port one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/118-games-in-one-hand-held-electronic-game_W0QQitemZ140087374223QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1182Q QcmdZViewItem
i always had fun with those

or maybe an easy light bright lua app or a hungry hungry hippo lua multiplayer game with adhoc or operation type of game

XioN980
February 26th, 2007, 07:31
well PJ64 would be fantastic, but highly unlikely and its not in SDL, the reason M64 and Daedalus can function graphically at all is that both have OpenGL graphics plugin which is the best for porting.

My vote Zion: SDL MAME!!!

http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163

THe Source is somewhere on that site

Good luck bro, BTW heres a WIP on NeoPoP everyone (sorry to steal your light Zion) PEOPLE DONT COMMENT JUST READ!!!

I went over several GUI designs and havn't had time to code any, im gonna put in the most basic of basic rom selectors and release it nex week or the week after!

Sp3ct0r
February 26th, 2007, 07:55
try sega cd it rawks.

PsychoSync
February 26th, 2007, 13:27
I think SegaCD/32X would have to be written from scratch because there is no emu coded in MIPS (PSP's cpu) architecture. Gens is 65% x86 assembler wich would be insane to port. Kega is x86 too... And some emu just don't give the source. Picodrive is coded in ARM architecture... SegaCD/32X on the PSP isn't gonna happen unless some brave coder(s) decides to start from the ground up.

-Xandu-
February 26th, 2007, 14:25
Port PJ64. That way, for psp, we'll have some competition. When there is competition, stuff gets done. The funniest thing is though, no one really competes.
http://www.pj64.net/main/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=37&func=select&id=3
there's a link to some of the sources

You cannot port something that relies on plugins...

yaustar
February 27th, 2007, 01:05
Work on something that is actually achievable in your skill level. Eg, the Z80 chip on the Gameboy. Or an Atari 2600 (the challenge is to actually get the timings of the hardware right).

HomerSp
February 27th, 2007, 04:37
Ehem... You're taking requests already? I would certainly not recommend to start with a new emulator until you can write a chip-8 emu from scratch.

ACID
February 27th, 2007, 05:41
Ok want a chalenge how about RAINE or retrocade :):):)

joshisposer
February 27th, 2007, 06:51
I thought they said they didn't want a challenge? Anywho, my top pick would be a 3D virtual boy. Small amount of games that last a lifetime...

matt2k
February 27th, 2007, 07:16
I vote for "Raine" as well.

mcvader
February 27th, 2007, 09:44
Didn't Zion announce that he was going to be taking over Monkey64 some months ago??

Gizmo356
February 27th, 2007, 13:17
Yeah but then he said he wasn't coding for consoles and was going to learn php for websites, I guess he changed his mind now.

joshisposer
February 27th, 2007, 23:00
yay! we might see Monkey64 again then. IDK, i just hope it's a more recent emulator that is at least 16 bit

Zion
February 27th, 2007, 23:12
Work on something that is actually achievable in your skill level. Eg, the Z80 chip on the Gameboy

agreed, i have decided to work on the gameboy.

from scratch or maybe a port.

ive decided to work on this alone though, im not really bothered about hype or expectations though as emulation has always being my aim and so just doing it for myself more than suffices :p

thats not to say i wont be releasing anything.

joshisposer
February 28th, 2007, 03:15
Hmmm, just the gameboy or both gameboy and gameboy color? It would be nice with maybe ad-hoc linking in it.

mexicansnake
February 28th, 2007, 05:28
Urm... Virtual boy, I loved that old tenis game :p.

Shadowblind
February 28th, 2007, 05:30
A one game DS emulator: That game bein Pokemn Diamond.

repuken2
March 1st, 2007, 01:41
Mame Sdl!!!

acn010
March 1st, 2007, 01:59
i want sega saturn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me want to play last bronx or or sega rally OR Nights

Zion
March 3rd, 2007, 01:37
ive decided to work on a gameboy/color emulator from scratch.

with wifi etc. for multiplayer.

this is after dreamchip is fully finished though :) its going great now though.

+ some of those requests were heavy lol.

so look forward to that release later on :)

some new releases of dreamchip are on the way soon :)

Shadowblind
March 3rd, 2007, 01:47
Lookin forward to it, Zion :)

Afterward, can you work on a MAME emulator :p

jurkevicz
March 5th, 2007, 18:54
I would love to see someone port the game Blip & Blop (google it), very fun same style as Contra.

Mr.Denny
March 5th, 2007, 19:22
3DO, Jaguar, Virtual Boy, Sega CD or how about a 32X?

I honestly think the 32X is a console/add-on that has never been tackled by the PSP community and is very neglected. I'd say for for that, it'd be new and interesting.

Best of luck!

weirdelf
March 5th, 2007, 21:16
I would love to see someone port the game Blip & Blop (google it), very fun same style as Contra.

I love that game

DeathStar
March 6th, 2007, 13:00

I honestly think the 32X is a console/add-on that has never been tackled by the PSP community and is very neglected. I'd say for for that, it'd be new and interesting.

Best of luck!

I nominate this to lol, I could play my starfleet academy again then to ;p

kharaboudjan
March 12th, 2007, 19:07
I vote for a Virtual Boy and a Nintendo Game & Watch emulator!! Plz make them real for the psp :)

Zion
March 21st, 2007, 22:42
I Nintendo Game & Watch emulator

what is that? link to what it is please, i have never heard of it :confused:

weirdelf
March 21st, 2007, 22:49
Nintendo released a series of handheld devices which could play only the game it came with. I think that you would have to make different emulators for each one. This site has some stuff about it:
http://www.gameandwatch.com/

JKKDARK
March 21st, 2007, 22:53

Best of luck!
I LOL'd a lot

what is that? link to what it is please, i have never heard of it :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_And_Watch

Handhelds from the 80's. A lot of games were ported to the GBC/GBA

Chameleon
March 21st, 2007, 23:13
www.retro-trader.com/nintendogameandwatch.htm

wolfpack
March 21st, 2007, 23:26
zion, please do a segacd emulator port... anything will do... pleeeeeeeeeease

Cloudhunter
March 21st, 2007, 23:29
... Been discussed many times. It's incredibly complex, as it is akin to emulating two consoles at the same time.

Cloudy